LFG Possible lil fun fae group idea???

Elida

Without Wings
Character Biography
Link
I thought it might be fun to rp some fae stuff, but I was thinking of maybe having a little twist on it.

I love the movie Shrek so yes, this idea sprung from that movie as a lil FYI.

Anyhow, my idea was that Suntory Market is the sort of traveling black market that sells thing regarding fae, like mermaid teeth or hag’s warts, et cetera. They’re the big bad guy and they have fae hunters that all wear red hoods. (Red hood sounds a little familiar doesn’t it?) So I was thinking how much fun would it be to create a little group of characters that are based on fables and fairytales? I recently made a character Xanthe that is based on the goose that laid golden eggs. And there’s lots of stories that could be incorporated into the fae as well, I think.

Take Little Red Riding Hood or the Three Pigs, maybe the wolf pretending to be the grandma is a black shuck. There’s the Tortoise and the Hare, which could deal with a lesser fae that’s used in rigged races held by the Market. The Ugly Duckling could be about a fae that’s cursed to appear ugly— or even use Beauty and the Beast for the inspo for it— and it held like a freak show attraction.

Essentially, I think it would be fun to take some inspiration from these stories (which there are many) and have a little group that works together to break out of the Market.

If anyone is interested, or has suggestions, let me know :)

This sounds super cool; I love fairtale/fable retellings. And it means I get to create a new character :)

• Yay
Reactions: Elida
A goblin market travelling about has been written in a few threads so I think it has a lot of interested. Ianthe works for one as a smuggler and I'd love to use her more :D