Fable - Ask Point the Scythe

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
As comfortable as Kor had become with Zephyrine, his hand still tensed when he felt her close her own around it. A ripple of anxiety shot up his arm, his brain calling for him to pull away and lash out towards the unexpected contact. It was not just his social reclusiveness that brought such an urge, but his lack of sight. Anything that touched him that he could not see was a possible threat, a potential risk to his life.

And yet, he bit the inside of his cheek, took a deep breath, and allowed her to hold him there, even that small bit, just for a moment. By the time she realized her action and retracted the gesture, the back of his hand felt cold. The absence of her palm was almost... empty.

"My reasons were purely selfish, you know." It was both the truth, and an attempt to deflect her praise. "I couldn't leave on my own. Even with my magic, I... my condition makes things difficult for me." Kor had been planning on exile no matter what. But without another set of eyes, without another body to guide him, he'd have lost his way. Even at the peak of his arrogance, he knew that truth. "And I'd just lost a dear friend. Combined with my anxiety over leaving, I'd never felt loneliness before."

Kor merely shook his head, foggy eyes focused on the bar in front of him.

"I used you, just as I'd used everybody I'd ever met, be they man, woman or beast."

Zephyrine

Zephyrine watched him, and slowly her brows began to furrow and her lips turned to frown.

"But you haven't hurt me. In fact... knowing this just helps me understand you."

She turned to her bowl, ensuring that she did in fact finish the entire contents before pushing it away from her and lightly wipe at her mouth with the back of her sleeve.
"I don't need you to completely change to be my friend. What I see is what I have come to know about you Kor, and frankly, I prefer it."

His hand was still there. She could reach for it again, to squeeze it and remind him she was all in with him and their shared plans. But that... did not feel like the real reason she wanted to hold his hand. When she had moments before, it was for comfort. Now she hesitated. Second guessed herself.

"None of this will change our future. We are still getting out of here." Now she reached for his hand. This time, she did it slowly so that Repent could catch her movement, to alert the boy beside her on what she intended. "Those rings I ordered? That's an unbreakable promise to you... to Larkin."

Kor

Back