A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Zephyrine

Recreator
Character Biography
Link
A town devastated by a storm was no small feat of destruction if Initiate Zephyrine Caddel had to be deployed to see to it's recovery efforts. The Recreator en route, along with another Initiate. Worry gnawed at her. The first time she had rebuilt a whole village, her energy levels were depleted for a week, recovering for almost two weeks after. Granted, she had come a long way since then, worked on her power and strength.

They were to rest at an inn located in Vel Lameus before moving onward to the town called Avenell, where the oat pastures thrived and sourced the great city with grain. It was there that great tragedy struck. Only a few hours from city boasting the finest cuisines, the weather looked bright and clear. No sign of storm or wind had been seen this side, as if it passed around the city altogether.

"If you're peckish, we are staying the night in the best place possible for a feed. Best not too stay out too late. We leave before dawn so you better be dressed and ready in the morning." The Dreadlord looked at Zephyrine, as if she were the one they should worry about. Tawny eyes stared back, impassive, until the Third Rank Dreadlord looked away and dismissed her and the other Initiate. She was surprised Kor was called onto the mission, but this mission was not expecting action other than helping rebuild a town, and that was certainly something the blind Initiate could help with. Repent sat at his shoulder, looking around and still gave the red head Initiate some pause.

"Be back here before supper. We eat all together. This is my unit, my rules. We're not going to coddle you if you drink yourselves deep into the piss."

Zephyrine pressed her lips together, stifling the biting words she wanted to voice but that would only invite a conversation. Not one she was willing to have. No, she had other ideas, and Kor beside her, there was an excitement waiting to start brewing inside her. They were dismissed, and naturally, she hooked her arm in his and pulled him out the door.

"Kress, I have always wanted to come to Vel Lameus." She said as soon as they were out of earshot.

It had been some time since Kor had been assigned a mission, his punishment for diverting from his last deployment to seek personal gain had lasted longer than he'd expected. So, he found himself quite unable to complain when he was informed it was merely to support Zephyrine in her reconstruction of a ravaged town.

You wouldn't think him thrilled by his expression, however, blank and unreadable as ever. The boy stared forward at the wall ahead of him, eyes empty and pale while the black bird on his shoulder cocked his head between his fellow Initiate and their Dreadlord Handler.

"Be back here before supper. We eat all together. This is my unit, my rules. We're not going to coddle you if you drink yourselves deep into the piss."
Repent's feathered head appeared to tilt at the directive, and beneath his hood, Kor's brow quirked up simultaneously. He'd no desire to dine with the oaf, and he doubted Zephyrine intended to follow the order either. He was thankful, that such a mundane assignment had at least been with her. She was different. Unlike the others. It was why Kor considered her a friend, and perhaps his only.

That he thought of her in such a way was the only reason he did not recoil from the sudden touch on his arm, a blast of stimuli in the dark world that was blindness. Kor knew Zephyrine's touch, had learned to differentiate it from any other, and willingly turned to follow her as she tugged him outside.

"Kress, I have always wanted to come to Vel Lameus."

Kor's eyes followed the sound of her voice to look at her, merely out of courtesy, and he nodded his head gently. Repent launched from his shoulder, cawing as he soared up to stretch his wings.

"I've heard you say as much in the past. I admit ignorance as to what makes it any different from everywhere else, though..." The blind initiate rolls his shoulders and takes in a deep breath of the evening air, letting it out in a long sigh. "I've a hunch you intend to enlighten me, though..."

Zephyrine

• Devil
Reactions: Zephyrine
"Because, Kor, after the slop we get fed at the Academy, our taste buds are going to be spoiled here." She grinned, excited and comfortable enough to let it show. He would hear it in her voice, helping him dodge the crowds by loudly asking people to clear a path, or simply lightly standing her ground and making oncomers dart around the two.

"I brought some of my allowance I have been saving for a nice lunch today. At least we get that before continuing our journey in the morning." She was thinking of buying sweets and nibbles to take back to the Academy, something for Larkin, something for Thraah... and maybe something for another certain someone. Heat rose to her cheeks, but only slightly. "Proctor Urahil told me a lot about this place. She got to spend a few months here couple years ago, and spoke of this lovely little restaurant. They have cuisine famous from all over the continent, and Epressa as well. Desserts change every month or so. I cannot wait to see what they have today."

Not many would know Zeph to be a sweet tooth, but ever since her return from Vel Castere, she had put on some muscle and her apetite asked for more substantial meals. It kept her healthy, energised enough to do her early morning runs too. Sometimes she even finished the day with a casual run, but today she will spend the day with her friend. Of course, the city was filled with a lot of people, but she intended to be the guiding hand to Kor while they got this reprieve from the Academy. "Anything you're curious and want to see while we are here?"

Kor

Taking a culinary tour of the city wasn't Kor's idea of a good way to spend the brief downtime they had before the next leg of their trip, but it wasn't as if he could pull away from Zephyrine, lest he wish to be lost within a sea of noise and bodies without Repent on his shoulder.

"I don't eat the Academy food if I can avoid it," Kor grumbled behind her, stepping quickly to follow her eager pace as she ushered him through the busy streets toward whatever morsel had indivisibly caught her attention. "In the summer I hunt my own food, as much as I'm able. Elsewise I have one of my companions swipe something a bit more quality for me from elsewhere."

Kor was probably the only Initiate that had sampled nearly every restaurant Anir had to offer by way of his little 'food-delivery' service, though he'd kept the process under wraps until now.

"Though I suppose there's something to be said for freshness." He conceded as they passed an open air diner serving piping hot meals. He couldn't see it, but the scent was intoxicating.

Not long ago, he wouldn't have been caught dead in the open like this. If he needed to travel, he could do it away from the crowds, with his eyes in the sky helping to guide him along. Ever since Zephyrine had returned from her trip, however, she'd taken an active role in forcing him out of his comfort zone, drawing him to places he'd otherwise avoid.

It was annoying, if not also slightly flattering.

"I'll overlook your choice of words in that question..." He chided gently, "And confess I've no clue what this place has to offer. I doubt anything that suits my interests..."

Zephyrine

• Bless
Reactions: Zephyrine
Zephyrine rolled her eyes, something she had begun to learn to do in his presence, although Repent had oftentimes caught her doing so.

"Yes, I know. I can be so cruel." She snorted.

There were some looks their way, but Zephyrine did not make eye contact. She was on a mission, eager to get to the restaurant and line up. After a few more minutes, in one of the busier areas of the city, Zephyrine came to a stop with Kor, joining the surprisingly shorter line than she had thought. Of course, they had gotten there at a good time, as they waited, more and more patrons filled the space behind them.

"Well..." She let go of his arm, but kept near enough that he knew she was still there. What did she know about Kor? The boy she had been getting to know for the better part of a year... and she did not know if there was much else to him. "We can wander the market? One of the best places to get fresh produce and ingredients."

He hadn't shared her light enthusiasm at the thought of sweets, and so perhaps taking him to watch the confectioners make hard candy or other sweet treats would be difficult... as he'd need Repent to actually see.

Zephyrine deflated a little, at a loss.

"Well, we can just retire to our rooms and wait until dinner?" Which was at least seven to eight hours away. She wouldn't mind waiting in her room... maybe she would practice creating more weapons... or something...

Kor