Fate - First Reply Nobody Lives Forever

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
A knock came at the door.

"Um, hel-hello," came a voice full of uncertainty. A few mutterings came through the wood and stone. Nervous sounds and fidgeting. "Uhm, Nachi, is it?" said the voice through the door.

It sounded like that of a young man. Nasaly and clear.

"I uh, am, here to help you get situated," maybe N'aschi would recognize Squire Lemock's voice, after their long road to the Monastery.

N'aschi Kona

N'aschi indeed recognized the voice coming through the door, but he wasn't about to try putting a name to it. There were so many of these 'Knights', and their names were all so fantastically different from the ones he was used to back home. It would take some time before he learned who was who.

"Mmyeah. Hold on a second." Kona groaned as he swung himself out of bed and stood up with a dramatic stretch and a long, drawn-out yawn. It was probably the best sleep he'd had in years, the last couple days in this room. He was still recovering from the fight with that... whatever it was, but every morning he felt stronger.

Throwing on a clean set of clothes, though he still lamented the loss of his outfit from home, N'aschi tied up his hair and swung the door open to come face-to-face with the Squire he'd briefly spoken with on the way back here. Lennock? Lemmon?

"Mornin'." He chirped, offering a wave and a smile. "Finally get around to giving me the grand tour, have they?"

Josai

• Bless
Reactions: Josai
1720155089271.pngWhere N'aschi was tall, lithe, and lean, Lemock was short, stocky and stout. His face round and soft, his eyes large and wide. All the more through the glass of the copper banded peepers he wore.

"M-mornin," Lemock replied, head a nervous bob along. Something like a smile squiggled there across his lips. A laugh came from him "N-nothin so grand, j-just thought well," he cleared his throat, and stood up a little straighter. "That you'd want to a walk around the place?" he flashed his noticeably straight teeth, and fixed his glasses. Realization dawned on him. "Oh, that's," he chortled. "That's what you said, isn't it?" he nod. "Well, come on then," he turned, stopped. "Oh, its, Lemock by the way,"

Another squire, tall and built like an oak, passed the two by. Raised one of his massive mits to wave at the pair. "Mornin Lemon," a nod to the elf. "New guy,"

"M-mornin Ruthiford,"
Lemock said squirmed.

Ruthiford went about his way.

Lemock cleared his throat. "On we go then," he pushed through, and made off. Stopped again. "Oh, I almost forgot," he said, and pulled out a neatly rolled piece of parchment, and handed it over to N'aschi. "Made this for you since we got back," he said nervously, and offered over the scroll.

proxy.php

"It's a map," he explained. "M-maybe there is something that catches your interest?"

N'aschi Kona

"Lemock!" The elf repeated, smacking a hand on the stocky boy's back with a face-splitting grin. If the other Squire's awkward and shy demeanor bothered Kona at all, he certainly didn't show it. "My name is N'aschi! Can call me Nash or Naschi if you'd prefer. I know the pronunciation is hard for mainlanders." In the tongue of his tribe, his name was pronounced 'Nah-ah-shi', but since he'd arrived, most just called him Naschi, or Nnn-Aschi.

He wasted little time in following Lemock out of the room, already taking in the sights as though he hadn't passed through this area almost every day since arriving. He couldn't help it, everything here was so different it boggled his mind. It wasn't until Ruthiford passed and blocked his view with his considerable build that he snapped out of it and offered a wave back.

"Good morning!" N'aschi chirped back, oblivious to the intentional misspeaking of Lemock's name, and the boy's obvious discomfort. He was far too busy trying to commit the names and faces to memory, something he'd always been awful at.

"Made this for you since we got back,"

Kona looked down at the rolled scroll in Lemock's hand with a quirked brow.

"Made it...?"

N'aschi reached out to take the scroll and quickly unraveled it in front of him. A map it indeed was, and the bog-elf found himself somewhat touched by the thoughtfulness of his new comrade. Peeking over it at the bug-eyed friend he'd made, he pats him solidly on the shoulder, again with that careless grin on his face.

"You're too kind, Lemock! I'll have to remember to come to you, when I need somebody smart!" There was a pause as N'aschi hastily rolled the map back up and tucked it away. "To be honest, I can't really read common writing yet, so if you'd be kind enough to take me around the area, I'll mark the map in my own language as we go."

Josai

• Frog Cute
Reactions: Josai