Private Tales Nights on the Town

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Phillipa Ebonheart

Fields of Flowers
Character Biography
Link
Phillipa stood before the full length mirror in her home, staring at the sight before her. The dress suited her, accentuated her body while leaving plenty to the imagination. It wasn't gaudy or even eccentric in the least. Almost plain given the person wearing it.

What made her hesitate was the low cut and sleeveless cuts. The thin white lines that it laid bare for the world to see.

It made her squirm in her own skin at the reminder of how she got them. Her hands rung each other tightly, nerves eating at her about it as she thought of how best to cover them.

Her companion for the night had already seen a hint of them. Had not asked, but plainly seen them no doubt.

But it was not him that made her wary of showing her flaw. It was everyone else glimpsing into a personal part of her being that made her second guess.

She chewed her lip for a long moment, staring at the figure that presented itself. She could use magic to hide the lines, but that would require concentrating the whole evening which was not an option in her mind.

A change of outfit would suffice, but she rather liked the dress, even with the shortcomings it had. She pondered for a touch longer, her maid Arrabella appearing in the doorway and watching her silently.

"If it would please you, there is that batiste slip that matched your skin still floating in your closet somewhere. I believe it should help alleviate some of your, reservations, no?" She asked carefully, putting forward a suggestion she had not yet thought of.

The woman turned with a frown, not entirely sure but taking the offer no less with a nod. The maid entered the closet, a small room of its own as Phillipa undid the top half of her dress and stared at the hair-line scars that decorated her skin.

Old memories danced in her mind, a lingering sense of shame and guilt that her mother had reinforced at the sight of her father's work.

"You are a monster just like your father. Be thankful I kept you and helped you get where you are." She heard her mother's voice scold her once more.

She hung her head in silence as the maid returned with the item, lifting her chin and giving her a small, reassuring smile.

"Have fun tonight milady. You deserve it." She spoke, helping her dress and cover what had caused the I'll feelings to surface.

She gave her thanks to the woman, descending the stairs to find Albert, the older man with silvered hair and aged features keeping their guest company with his perpetual silence as per his norm.

Any comments or questions directed his way met with an unassuming hmm or quiet stare. He had never been one for idle conversation, but he had served Phillipa since she was left alone in the family estate. Her mother having gone to her grandparents home and staying there since Edmund had left Elbion.

Maids and Butlers had raised the young noble from then on, seeing to her education and well being under their careful instruction.

Albert gave her a glance as she came down, a silent and subtle nod to her the only sign of bidding her a good-night before leaving her in the care of her date for the evening.

"Riveting conversation no doubt with Albert I would guess?" She joked with Willis. "I do hope you haven't been waiting long."

Smiling One

• Sip
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis Reede approached the Ebonheart gates a bouquet of blue roses in his hand. Phillipa seemed to have a fondness for them since their journey to help that Halfling professor at Elbion college. It took a long time for the young woman to open to Willis who spent most of his time flirting with her. He couldn't help but feel more for Philippa not only she was beautiful but she was very intelligent and was capable of a witty barb when she and Willis teased each other. The young man was growing closer towards Philippa and he wasn't sure how to feel.

"I just got here Phil," Willis said looking at her immaculate dress. "Shit Phil!" Willis said his heart racing so fast that he felt that it was going to burst. "You have a lovely dress!"

Willis sighed. "I was just going to take you out to tavern but I'm sure the rowdy men won't touch a noble."

That's a fucking lie, but the Ebonhearts are fairly well known around Elbion so it shouldn't be a problem. "Shall we take off?" The young man winked.

• Yay
Reactions: Phillipa Ebonheart
Phillipa nodded, then did a small twirl side to side to make the dress flair. It was pretty, at least one thing about her was she thought to herself. The butler dismissed himself quickly as Phillipa smiled to the old man.

"Have a good night Albert, if you all want, you can take the rest of the night off." She informed the man who would ask the rest of the staff what they wanted to do. It was likely they would finish up whatever task they had before them and then retire for the evening. It wasn't as though there was a lot of work to be made by one woman.

Never mind when she spent most of her time out of the house.

"The tavern? Ah, then I should change then. Unless you would like to change our venue?" She didn't remark about the rowdy men of Elbion, but the knowing smirk was all that she gave thought to it. A man laying a finger on her would quickly lose that finger if he wasn't supposed to be touching the woman.

• Yay
Willis shrugged still in awe of Philippa's appearance the small twirl that she done didn't do the dress justice. Of course Willis wasn't going to let her change clothing after spending what looked like hours getting ready. "Of course not!" Willis blurted out. "You look beautiful the way you are! I'm sure you've all day getting ready for me!"

It made Willis feel foolish having chosen to wear his usual attire: A red vest with his black boots and white linen shirt. Made all the more embarrassing when he decided to choose a bar of all places. Probably not the best choice when a noble is your date. "Well yeah I was thinking of the bar," Willis said. "If you like?"

He wasn't entirely wrong about all day, even if it had only taken her a half an hour or so to actually get dressed. Not that she was going to inform him that it had taken the better part of the day to get mentally prepared for this outing. Her words were a touch wobbly as she forced a smile. "The compliment is...appreciated."

As for their destination, she gave him a small nod. The bar could be a good starting point. "Certainly, go ahead and lead the way." She offered her arm to him, giving a nod to the staff as they left. A small wave of her hand as they left sealed the gates of her estate that the staff were keyed to. They could leave and enter, but no one else could. A hold over from her mother's paranoia that Phillipa had garnered, or perhaps a means of keeping the matron out.

• Yay
Willis smiled hearing Phillpa's uneven tone. It wasn't like her to be caught off guard, Willis had a knack of doing so much to her annoyance. "Of course my raven haired beauty," He smirked. "I have to compliment a woman who spends their time looking nice." Willis tended to lean towards warrior women or women who like to fight in which Philipa had no problem but it was good to see a woman dress nice on occasion.

"There's a place near the docks," he said as the gates behind them began to close. "Called the Hanged Man, they make good Ale made by the Dwarves who love their Alcohol." The night sky was starry tonight, according to Allirian tradition, that if there are clear skies and stars are shining, then it's going to be a good night.

"So," Willis said trying to break the silence. "How's are mother? Ever since Maho Sparhawk attacked the College, things have been hectic."

The compliment did not seem to lighten her mood any, but did not sour it any further however. He spoke of a place at the docks, The Hanged Man it was called. Somewhere she likely had pulled a few less than reputable folk for one way jobs.

The mention of her mother did however drop her mood. The woman had been insufferable, checking everything the young Ebonheart had done to ensure no further smears on her daughter. "Hovering, making sure her name is not under a dark cloud." She shot back.

"And how have things been for you?"

• Love
Willis shook his head when Phillipa mentioned her mother. She was controlling every aspect of Phillipa's life paranoid that she would somehow tarnish the family reputation. Prior to dating Phillipa, Willis have heard stories and rumors regarding the Ebonhearts magical experimentation on monsters or people. Something that Phillipa was hesitant to talk about and so Willis didn't bother to ask.

"Must be tough," the young man smirked placing his hands behind his head. "Especially when your mother finds out you've been dating a Monster Hunter eh?" he winked at Phillipa. "Monster Hunting contracts have been drying up lately. Not much work to be had and I'll be damned If I have to through hours of paperwork at the College just for a damn job."

Willis rolled his eyes. "But I manage as always."