Private Tales Neverending Journey

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Richard shrugged. "North, south," he smirked. "The point was that he was bloody vague! If he wants us to retrieve this item then be more specific next time." The Bard Knight smiled when Myrcella kissed him on the cheek while they were walking. She was more affectionate compared to the first time they've met. Mrycella was snarky and would do anything to get out of their marriage but now they are closer more than ever.

It was pretty ironic considering both of them hated arranged marriages. Richard kissed Myrcella on the nose. "So," he said. "Did we find that Acorn yet?"

• Sip
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
"Well if he knew exactly where it was, then he wouldn't get us to look for it, now would he?" Richard Henry the Eighth seemed frustrated, which she shared in the sentiment, yet it wasn't going to help them any.

And then he kissed her nose. Myrcella smiled and continued her search of the grass. "I don't see any gold yet. But we might of not gone far enough. Surely we'll come across where he had rooted himself to sleep. There should be disturbed earth." Made sense to her.

Richard chuckled. "I'm insulted!" he said in a mock voice. "I will have you know that I have always followed my heart when it comes to adventuring. True lovers of nature and society have always on their instincts." The Bard Knight then looked down at Myrcella when she kissed him on the cheek. "Oh I love these random kisses," he whispered. "It gives a rush of energy more of these kisses and I might gain the ability to fly!"

Just then a sickening crack was heard as soon as Richard stepped on the ground. He jumped back holding Myrcella tight. The ground began to shake a bit before opening up forming a large black hole. Richard raised an eyebrow before staring at Myrcella. "Well that's interesting," he said. "Did the Tree warn us of holes randomly forming under our feet? I nearly out of my skin! But then again Mrycella you get a chance to see my inner beauty!"

He then frowned. "Still," he said. "I wonder where this leads...…"

• Yay
The crackening sound from the ground caused a chill to run down her spine. She held onto Richard Henry the Eighth tightly as he jumped back, then gazed down at the hole in front of them. It was black and creepy. She wasn't a fan of tunnels and caves anymore.

And just when she thought he'd be moving further back towards safety, his curiosity was getting the better of him, much to her dismay.

"Don't even think about it. We're trying to find this acorn, remember? So we can go home?"

Richard continued to stare at Myrcella as the tunnel ahead of them continue to widen. It was obvious that someone or something created it so it must lead somewhere. Mrycella on the other hand was fearful obviously due to her painful experiences in caves that she didn't even want to go in one again. As much as Richard agreed with Myrcella, this was the first lead they have.

"Of course," Richard said. "But our Treefolk friend did not mention a tunnel, this could be our first lead Myrcella. Unless you want me to go in and you can stay on the surface?"

• Sip
Myrcella sighed inwardly as Richard Henry the Eighth seemed intent on going in the ever widening tunnel. Regardless of whether or not he was carrying her, Richard wanted to explore it.

Given everything that the two had gone through, they were better off together than apart.

"Alright...we'll go in and see what we can find. But let's try not to be too long. Okay?" Who knew how much patience the grumpy tree had.

Myrcella didn't look happy but this was better than just wondering around a meadow all day looking for an golden acorn that wasn't there. They might as well be try to find a needle in a haystack. "It's not so bad," Richard said carrying Myrcella into the cave. "Just close your eyes and imagine me naked. I've heard many stories of ladies fawning over my naked glory!"

• Haha
Myrcella couldn't help but laugh at the comment. Did he really show himself off to a bunch of ladies? She wasn't sure if she should be surprised or not.

"And how is that supposed to help? I can't very well look for an acorn with my eyes closed." Richard Henry the Eighth was growing sillier and sillier. Perhaps he had been away from home for too long.

Throughout their "adventure" Richard did whatever he could to make Myrcella laugh. The last thing he wanted was to have her give in to despair which she did multiple times. What better way than to make her smile than through his wit.

"Of course you can!" Richard said cheerfully as they went deep into the tunnels. "Just hold out your nose and sniff for it!"

The Bard Knight briefly pinched Mrycella's nose. "Like this!" he winked.

• Haha
Myrcella had to smirk. She just couldn't help it. Richard Henry the Eighth was toying with her; and she just had to get him back. "Are you saying that I've got a big nose? Yours sticks out far more than mine." Her words may soundlikethey had a bite to them, but the small upturn of the corners of her mouth suggested otherwise. "You're the great knight, surely you have a nose for such things as gold. So you...sniff it out."

Richard laughed as he carried Myrcella Bochanan through the small cave. "That's a lie!" he said. "Celty told me that my nose is smaller and flatter than yours! She never lies!" The two of them went deeper into the cave and Richard began noticing markings that was scratched on to the walls. They were jagged and looked like it carved in deep. However the Bard Knight noticed that they were Dwarven symbols written sloppily.

"They're in the Dwarven language," Richard muttered to Myrcella. "Maybe we've stumbled on an active Dwarven Mine?"

Myrcella playfully scoffed. "Celty never lies? Ha! She sure fooled you, didn't she?" It was arguing over Celty that got them into this big mess to begin with.

As Richard Henry the Eighth noticed the scratches, she did too. And while he thought of them belonging to some Dwarf, Myrcella had other things in mind. Like monsters.

She leaned into Richard a litte more. "I don't know....It doesn't look very promising..."

Richard shrugged. "She showed me the entire estate down to their nook and cranny." he smiled continuing to examine the markings. "Let me guess," he said. "You blame Celty for getting us into this mess?"

As Mrycella leaned into Richard, he kissed her on her forehead. "The Dwarves can be territorial," he said. "but that doesn't mean they aren't deadly. They'll yell at you for invading their home one moment. The next moment, they welcome you with open arms!"

The Bard Knight sighed. "But you are right," he said. "It doesn't look promising. I mean no Dwarf worth their salt would craft this nonsense on the wall. Even their children have better writing than that."

• Popcorn
Myrcella grumbled a little. What business did Celty have in showing Richard Henry the Eighth the entire estate? Their father wouldn't of approved. "Of course I blame Celty. If it wasn't for her having you get after me, we wouldn't of raced and I wouldn't of gotten hurt."

Still, the news of the dwarves wasn't very encouraging either. "What sort of cave dwellers wpuld tryto mimic dwarven writing? Can you read it at all? Myrcella couldn't. Yet Richard might of picked it up from somewhere.

"I know some Dwarven language," Richard said carrying Mrycella. "I've learned it when I was a child but I forgot most of it. Such a shame too since I've recently passed through Belegith before meeting you."

The Bard Knight frowned at the markings on the wall. "It's hard to read it though," Richard said. "Dwarves are very meticulous with their craftsman ship. Even their children have better handwriting than this. Whoever wrote was probably a non Dwarf."

Just then, a noise was heard and the hole behind them shut off leaving them in the dark. "Damn," Richard growled. "Looks like we have to press forward now."

• Popcorn
"Well I can't read it. So you're already ahead of things. Can you make out some of it? Is it a warning?" That's what she figured, anyways. Myrcella was well used to their luck going back.

And today was no different...

The tunnel soon started to darken as the tunnel collapsed behind them, leaving Myrcella to grip onto Richard Henry the Eighth all the more. "Why does this keep having to happen to us? Haven't we suffered enough? You already died...." Her breathing got more laboured as she began to panic. "We have to get out of here!"

Richard kissed Myrcella Bochanan on her forehead in an effort to calm her down. He didn't know how effective these kisses were but It was nice to test it out. "The last thing we need," he whispered in her ear. "Is to panic, there are plenty of Monsters who can smell out fear and strike when we are our minds vulnerable."

The Bard Knight then sighed. "First let's find some light to this bloody place," he muttered.

• Popcorn
Myrcella was vulnerable. She was injured, no better than a lame horse. Leaving Richard Henry the Eighth to carry her around made him vulnerable too. It had already led to his death once.

She closed her eyes and huddled into him, holding her breath in an attempt to calm herself. They wouldn't be able to find anything in the dark. Myrcella was sure that they'd be lost forever. They shouldn't of gone in. It was much safer on the surface.

"I wish we could be home....Right now."

"So I do Myrcella," Richard said kissing her forehead. It was dark making things difficult to navigate through but Richard saw a light ahead. He didn't trust it as plenty of cave or water dwelling monsters often used lights to lure their prey but the light seemed natural instead artificial.

"Light up ahead," He whispered. "Let's approach this quietly."

• Sip