Private Tales Neverending Journey

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Myrcella Bochanan

Eldest daughter of House Bochanan
Character Biography
Link
The portal stone that Richard Henry the Eighth touched while holding Myrcella whisked them away from the Pandarann Islands. But it wasn't to the Bochanan Estate like the young lady would have liked.

Instead the pair found themselves on a tall grassy plain, similar to a wheat field. There were no trees or houses in sight. Only gently rolling hills. In some ways it was similar to where she grew up, but not quite.

Myrcella frowned a little as she looked up to Richard. "I suppose that it was too much to ask to be sent home....Any idea of where we are this time?"

Richard was hoping that they would be at least closer to Myrcella's home. Alas the place they were teleported in was no where it. They were in a plain grassy field with the wind blowing gently against them. Richard held Mrycella in a bridal carry as he descended down the hill. The sword: Willow safely secured on his hilt.

"On the bright side," Richard said cheerfully. "At least it's not a place where there are monsters trying to kill us!" Looking around the Bard Knight shrugged. "No idea," he said. "Maybe we're in the Spine, the grassy fields suggest so."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
Myrcella wasn't so sure about there not being any monsters. With their luck, seemingly innocent places turned into anything but. Her torn dress was a clear indication of that.

"The Spine? That's a ways off, isn't it?" Their journey seemed to have no end and she was starting to wonder if there was any hope for Richard Henry the Eighth and herself finding their way home.

"As soon as we find a village, or an Estate, we must send a raven or pigeon to our families. They need to know what's happened to us." She chewed on the inside of her cheek a little. "Do you have any money to spend for that?" Myrcella of course had nothing on her. She didn't need to carry coins while she was on her own property.

"Again I'm not sure where we are," Richard said as he began to walk down the grassy field making sure that Myrcella Bochanan doesn't fall from his arms. The Spine is famous for its beautiful grassy plains, but given how warm and sunny it is Richard doubt it. Even on its best days, The Spine was always a bit chilly and dreary still it's a favorite amongst scholars due to The Spine's treasure trove of lost history.

The Bard Knight sighed when Myrcella asked him if he bought any coins with him. He remember leaving his coin pouch with his Horse when he went to the Dwarven ruin to rescue Myrcella. "I left my coin pouch on my Horse," Richard lamented reaching the bottom of the hill. "Looks like we're going to earn some coin if we come across a village."

Richard remembered visiting estates that were located in the middle of meadows, however many nobles preferred to stay close to cities mainly so they send for aid incase they get attacked. "But on the bright side," Richard smiled. "At least the place looks nice."

• Popcorn
"I wish we had our horses now..." As much as she was glad that Richard Henry the Eighth could carry her, she didn't want to be too much of a burden.

As for making some coin, Myrcella was certain that he could sing for it. Richard was a great singer and she was sure that others would think so too. But it was difficult to know what anyone would want.

On the plains it was quiet. Only the wind through the grass and their own voices broke the silence. It was almost eerie that there seemed to be no other signs of life.

"How much food and water do we have left?"

Richard could do some singing at taverns. That could definitely give them enough coin to get off their feet. “Well you kinda have me as your Horse,” Richard winked at Myrcella Bochanan. “And like it when you’re in my arms like this. You’re light as a newborn Yellowhawk.”

Richard sighed as he remembered that he still had 3 slices of Lemoncake left and Elven Bread. “No water,” Richard said. “But I do have Lemoncake and Elven Bread left. The first thing we need to do is to find a water source.”

• Sip
Myrcella smiled and leaned up to kiss Richard Henry the Eighth 's cheek. "And you are a lovely horse indeed. But how long before you think that I'd be well again?" She wasn't certain. A few weeks more possibly. Yet as she peeked down at her exposed ankle it was still swollen and bruised. It was an ugly sight, so she took her eyes away from it.

At the mention of needing to find water, she furrowed her brows and looked about while Richard continued to walk. But the tall grasses hid much. "There's bound to be something, otherwise this grass wouldn't grow. Maybe by those trees?"

proxy.php

Richard Henry smiled when Myrcella went and kissed his cheek. "I will give a neigh to that," he winked at the girl. "I'm not sure about your ankle though," Richard stared at Myrcella's bare feet they were clean compared to her dress but that was because Richard was carrying her around due to her twisted ankle.

Myrcella Bochanan's injured ankle still had gruesome purple and black bruises all over It. Richard frowned as they approached the trees ahead of the meadow. "You should have a range of motion by now," he said examining her ankle. "Perhaps the sprain was worse than I thought."

The girl needs to see a physician but who knows where they are right now. "But it's going to be okay Myrcella," Richard held the girl close "I promise nothing will happen to you."

The two approached the large Oak Tree and Richard gently placed Mrycella down against it. "Well Myrcella," Richard said. "There is account that there is rain but there may be a watering hole some where. Do you want to stay here and rest or do you want to come with me?"

• Sip
Myrcella knew that she should have her ankle looked at. But there was none to be found. And anyone that they had come across recently had just walked away from them. It was strange to be disregarded in such a way. But she wasn't at home where such behaviour wasn't tolerated.

"I'll rest here. But don't be gone long." No doubt her ankle needed to have a break from being held in the air all the time while Richard Henry the Eighth carried her. That and he could use the break from carrying her. She also wanted to use the time alone to test out her ankle. In truth Myrcella was quite worried about it, yet she didn't really show it. Or at the very least she hoped that it didn't show.

"And please be careful."

Richard nodded kneeling down to give Myrcella Bochanan a kiss on the cheek. She obviously felt guilty of the fact Richard had to carry her. He didn't mind he needed to increase his strength anyway and besides Myrcella constantly adjusted herself so Richard would have an easier time carrying her. "Did I mention," Richard said caressing Myrcella's cheek "that after all we've been through, your face still looks immaculant?"

The same cannot be said for her dress which Myrcella stated was one of her favorites. She's been doing her best to maintain it but it kept ripping off. "I won't be gong long," he said. "But if you feel that there someone other than me coming try to hide."

And with that Richard kissed Myrcella again and left to find a watering hole. As soon as he was gone however there was a sound of soft snoring from behind the tree.

• Wow
Myrcella couldn't help but blush as Richard Henry the Eighth complimented her. "Oh you're just saying that..." But that didn't mean that she wanted him to stop. If he was going to act that way towards her for the rest of their lives, she wasn't going to complain.

She nodded to his instruction. Though just where she could hide, she wasn't certain. "I will. See you soon, Richard." Her eyes drifted upwards to the branches and leaves of the tree. Perhaps she could climb up there. Although she wasn't an expert tree climber by any stretch of the imagination.

Myrcella kissed Richard back before he left her and settled herself in to rest. It wasn't until moments later that she heard the snoring. At first Myrcella thought that it was a trick of the wind. But it didn't seem to move in time with the breezes. A chill travelled down her spine as her body stiffened. Maybe if she was really, really quiet, she wouldn't wake whatever was sleeping near the tree.

Richard began humming tunelessly, he hadn't come up with a song in weeks. Usually with all the danger and adventure he encounters, Richard would usually think long and hard about constructing a good song to sing at taverns. Going through the meadow, the Bard Knight continued to hum trying to gain some sort of inspiration but nothing came. The Bard Knight sighed, the worst thing for an artist to have is no inspiration. The well has become dry and Richard is leaf in the wind wondering aimlessly for anything that can fuel his imagination.

The snoring continued behind Myrcella Bochanan getting louder as the winds became heavier. "Damn wind," the person grumbled. The Tree began to shake as soon as the voice said it and an Apple dropped from the branch hitting Myrcella on the head.

• Wow
Oh no! There's someone else here. Why didn't Richard notice?...

Myrcella's face paled even more. There were far too many different scenarios as to who or what the voice belonged to.

And then the apple hit her head, seemingly to come from nowhere while she was distracted. "OUCH!!" Right away Myrcella clamped her hands over her mouth, her eyes wide. Did he hear it? How far away could Richard Henry the Eighth be? Would he be able to hear her scream?

Taking hold of the apple, she held it defensively while rolling onto her belly and crawling over to the other side of the tree to see just who or what was there...

"What?! Who said that?!"

The tree began to shake and the ground began to rumble, the tree shifted side to side as if it was trying to get out from its spot. The tree began to leave its place but instead of roots there what appeared to be legs, the branches above began to slowly transform into massive oaken arms. Lady bugs and worms began to crawl from the arms as soon as they formed.

"Hey Mrycella!" Richard called out. "I couldn't find any-" The Bard Knight's mouth dropped as he saw the tree move. "Damn!" Richard got in front of Myrcella and drew out Willow. The tree moved it's yellow eyes dawned on Richard and Myrcella. "More poachers," he said. "In a peaceful meadow, now I have to kill you."

proxy.php

• Scared
Myrcella slid herself back as the tree suddenly moved on it's own! She had never seen one come to life before! Let alone talk!

Richard Henry the Eighth appeared and dutifully in between them, protecting her as always. Yet the words of the tree caught her off guard.

"Wait!! We're not poachers! We're just lost and looking for help!"

"Sure you need help," The tree sarcastically said shaking off the dirt from his branches. "I've made my territory clear! No passing among the meadow. Now I have to kill you both what a shame I hate having blood splattered on my skin."

"She's right!" Richard cried out. "We don't know where we are! You see....." The Bard Knight sheathed Willow and picked up Myrcella Bochanan in a bridal carry giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before staring at the Tree.

"We've teleported here through a Portal Stone," Richard explained. "We have no idea where are!"

"Nonsense!" The Tree spat. "There hasn't been a Portal Stone in thousands of years!"

• Scared
"But it's true!" Myrcella held onto Richard Henry the Eighth as he carried her again, and made it a point to hold out her obviously injured ankle. "How else do you think we could make it all the way out here? I'm injured and can't walk."

She clentched her jaw, wanting Richard to get them back at a safe distance from the tree, yet not knowing how to get him to do so without saying anything.

"We didn't know that we were tresspassing. It wasn't intentional. We don't mean any harm to you or the land you protect."

"I'm not protecting this land," the Tree snorted at Myrcella Bochanan green gunk coming from his nose and landing near Richard's feet. "I live here!"

"Well then," Richard said slowly backing away from the Tree. "We apologize for accidentally intruding your lands. We'll leave you in peace we just need to know where we are."

"In the Allirian Reach," the Tree sighed. "But you are not free of me yet humans. You might be of use for me."

Richard stared at Myrcella dumbfounded and looked at the Tree. "Of course!" Richard said. "I'm at your request! Just have me leave my love in a safe place where she can rest her ankle."

Myrcella's brows furrowed. Allirian Reach? She tried to picture how far they were from home, yet any distance seemed impossible to cross.

She breathed a small sigh of relief as it seemed that the tree no longer wished to kill them. Yet it was obvious that they needed to pay for their transgression, no matter how innocently it was made.

Myrcella gave a nod in agreement at Richard Henry the Eighth 's eagerness to help. "What is it that you need? My husband-to-be has many skills."

The tree began to pace back and forth the ground began to shake a bit with every step. Richard held on to Myrcella Bochanan continuing to step back while the Tree began to contemplating. "I'm afraid we've started off on the wrong foot," he said smiling. "We should start over with introductions! My name is Richard Henry the Eighth and this is my fiancé: Myrcella Bochanan!"

"Bitterspruce," the Tree said. "I am what humans identify as a Treefolk. Not many of us are left thanks to your need to expand over the ages."

"I am very sorry for that," Richard said. "We humans tend to be ruled by our lust for rutheless expansion."

"Spare me your empty platitude," Bitterspruce growled. "I've killed plenty a human who said the same thing yet summon lumberjacks to kill our people to make your balistas and trebeuchets."

Richard held Myrcella close half of his heel turning away incase he needed to make a run for it. "I require," Bitterspruce announced his voice echoing in the meadows. "For you to find my golden acorn, I've lost it one day while I was sleeping and I woke up one day and noticed it missing. Recover it and I'll let you out."

The Bard Knight nodded. "Of course we'll find it," he said. "Easily."

• Popcorn
Bitterspruce. It seemed to be a fitting name. Yet Myrcella and Richard Henry the Eighth were in the wrong, so it was understandable. But at least they were good enough to fix it.

She listened to the task at hand and then looked to Richard as he claimed that such a thing was easy. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Wasn't that how the saying went? Perhaps it was their ongoing misfortune, but Myrcella wasn't so sure that finding the acorn would be as easy as he predicted.

"Where were you when you lost it? Right here? Or elsewhere?"

"Somewhere over there," Bitterspruce pointed his long branch finger (?) north past the horizon. Richard sighed still holding Myrcella Bochanan close. "Now hurry up and find it!" Richard didn't say anything but turned on his heel and began to move to the direction Bitterspruce pointed to.

"No funny business!" Bitterspruce said. "Do anything stupid and I'll find out! I'll be watching you."

"Of course Bitterspruce," Richard nodded. "Myrcella and I won't cause any harm to your home," and with that Richard hurried out of the tree's presence.

"Charming fellow," Richard muttered to Myrcella as walked. "Now where are we going to go?"

• Sip
Myrcella held onto Richard Henry the Eighth all the more as he carried her away from Bitterspruce. She sighed a little, her eyes looking through the grass for any signs of some gold. At least it was sunny, so it'd reflect in the light all the easier.

"Follow in the direction that he pointed. We are going to do as he asked, aren't we?" Just how it was that Bitterspruce was watching them, she wasn't sure. But there had to be a number of ways. Perhaps even through the grass itself. "I just hope that no one has stolen it. Have you ever even heard of a golden acorn before?"

Richard nodded continuing to walk through the meadows. The further he got Myrcella Bochanan away from Bitterspruce the better. He wondered how would the Treefolk would even detect them? Possibly due to magic, from what Richard have heard Treefolk are exceptionally powerful when it comes to Nature Magic. There's a reason why they're called: Caretakers of the forest. Though it is a unusual to find a Treefolk stuck in the middle of a Meadow.

"That's the thing," Richard said. "Where exactly? It's not like he gave us any clue than just go west. What if we're going to his borders? Who knows what he'll do to us."

The Bard Knight sighed. "Never heard of an golden acorn before," he said. "But we have to find it all I care about is getting you to safety."

• Sip
Myrcella raised a brow, looking to where the sun was in the sky. "I thought he was pointing north..." She smirked at Richard Henry the Eighth playfully. "Don't tell me that you're the type that never stops and asks for directions?"

Once again she looked to the grass, not wanting to miss out on any flashes of gold amongst them. "Well, finding it is our ticket to getting closer to home." Or so she hoped.

As Richard continued to walk, Myrcella had a thought. For weeks she had tried to find a way out of the betrothal, even wishing for it. But this wasn't what she was expecting. She didn't want to be away from home. So now she was doing the opposite. Now she was wishing for them both to return home so that they could wed. The Fates proved to her enough that that was to be their fate.

Out of the blue she broke her gaze on the grass to kiss Richard's cheek before resuming her search.