Private Tales Near the Edge Yet Already Falling

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She was pretty. Very pretty. Same as you Ophelia. I do have good taste in women you know.

Ophelia would squint at him as he took the bag. That was not the answer she wanted to hear. She was pretty. Prettier than some other woman, surely. Right? Maybe.... Now she wasn't sure. She would have to pick his brain for more details on the mystery woman when they arrived at his home. Not that she was holding a grudge or anything. It just wasn't worth starting an argument about her own insecurities if they were to be traveling together for several days.

She would hold her tongue and accept his advice as he picked her up, burying her face in his chest as he cast his spell. Soon they would be traveling and Ophelia would miss it all save for a few peeks here and there.

It took a few days, but finally they had finally exited the shadows and come to a halt in front of a gate that opened for Quacey. As it creaked open, Ophelia looked out from his chest to be greeted by a castle that appeared to be part of the mountains it sit upon, as though it were birthed from the very stone that surrounded it. "Wow." She muttered, wide eyes set upon the beautiful architecture.

The courtyard, the building, the stables...it was all so stunning yet incredibly lonely feeling at the same time. There were no people, no lights, no animals. It might as well have been abandoned. Why did he live like this? It prompted her to probe more into him, having realized she knew next to nothing about him aside from his mother's passing.

"Are there any living beings here?" She questioned, forcing herself out of his arms so she could walk on the pathway that led to the entryway.

It was similarly devoid of life inside. Cold. Lonely. Even for the girl who chose to spend her time alone, this was too much for her. Even if she rarely spoke to them, at least she had the sound of servants, maids, cooks, and whoever else she hired in her lonely manor.

"Its beautiful, stunning really." She ran her fingers along one of the shelves, admiring the strange relics he kept in his home. "But I get a feeling it would be even lovelier with people in it. Don't you agree? Do you not get lonely here with nothing other than you and the stones? Imagine if you got some animals for the stable, some cooks, a gardener...." She looked around and noticed the portrait of a woman with similar features to Quacey. "A mate and some children. I reckon this place would be the very essence of life."

Quacey

The journey had left Quacey exhausted every time they stopped. His method of travel sped things up drastically but the biggest cost was it still sapped away the amount of energy from his and effected his body the same way as if he had traveled that distance normally. The added weight of the bag and carrying her together had seen to it he never did stay feeling energetic for long.

So when his home was finally in view, he was more thankful than ever to be back. He had set her down at the gate and opened it up. Walking in, she seemed to be taking it all in. Her words told him just as much. But the comments on filling up his castle with others and animals made him feel a bit of conflicting things.

"I do not have a mate and am not around enough to keep animals. I could hire servants, but few would serve me as I do not seek to spread my name and fame. Those I could hire are also few as moving out to here is not in most's interest."

He looked at the picture of his mother and smiled melancholy. A quiet "I'm home" to her and quick report of what he was up to in his head. After a minute he turned his attention back to Ophelia.

"I find it easier to tend to things on my own. Requires less resources and I can safely leave home whenever I need to in my work.... Now then why don't we take you to your room so you can get settled?"

He smiled to her and would guide her to a rather spacious guest room for her use. There was wood ready to be lit in the hearth and candles just waiting for someone to use them. Clean sheets and a full sized mirror near a desk. A dresser for clothes and a trunk for other belongings.

Ophelia Eärtári

She was disappointed that he didn't seem as excited or passionate about her suggestions as she was. "Its never too late to find someone to settle down with." As long as your body doesn't kill everything that comes your way... She sighed, continuing on her tirade of honesty. "It is beautiful, but it just feels lonely. The place is devoid of life....even a garden or a greenhouse full of color might lighten up the mood. It would be a truly lovely place for parties with some red roses here," She pointed to a shelf, "Or some ferns...something bright green over here. The stone is just too lifeless on its own."

She watched the silent exchange with the painting, curious but not too concerned. It was evident that this woman held some relation to him. Perhaps it was the mother he spoke of. She would have asked, but felt it might be something he was uncomfortable talking about.

Taking advantage of the time it took to get to the guest room, she continued her probing. "So what if its easier to do things alone. Do you not long for companionship? Surely everyone does. I would have killed to have a mate the lived and child my body didn't attack and flowers that don't immediately die after they bloom once." She paused. Perhaps that was the wrong terminology given that she did kill each and every one of those.

"What I mean to say is..." Another pause followed by a heavy sigh. She looked away, tears in her eyes. "When can we start my training? I'd like to start right away if that is alright with you." She faced away from him, removing things from her bag and putting them away to hid her face until the tears could stop.

Quacey

Last edited:
  • Cry
Reactions: Quacey
"Perhaps, but I'm not able to settle down yet. I would rarely be home to spend time with my mate."

He looked about the room a bit. A slight frowned formed on his lips. "You might have a point about doing some more decorating. I would not be able to care for plants or animals, but perhaps if I did find some servants that could change. I will think about it."

Then the topic went back to why she was truly here. Her problems and her need for help. It began to make her upset and even if she tried to face away from him he could tell she was on the verge of tears. She wanted to hide it, but he didn't pay it any mind. He just walked over to her and embraced her from behind.

He cooed soothing sounds and words into her ear. His hands rubbed her sides gently. His cheek came to softly rest on the top of her head. If she wished to cry she could. This was a safe place far from everything else outside their walls. It was Twinhome, the place the Twin's light shone the clearest. It was a sanctuary for the lost and weary. A place of rest surrounded in the embrace of the mother earth so that you might stay safe and protected.

That was the feeling he was trying to provide for her right now. Warmth and security. Enough of each she would feel she could cry without holding back. He just prayed to the Twins he could offer it as well as they could.

Ophelia Eärtári

Her shoulders shook as she tried to hide her silent tears. She didn't want him to see her how others have as she grieved her losses. It was how she was known to the locals. Like a mythical creature whos had nothing but suffering. The girl who was always crying. The whites of her eyes matching her ruby irises as the mascara flowed down her face.

As his cheek rested on her head, she reached her threshold. The silent tears became loud sobs as she shook in his arms. She was full of anger and sadness for how the world had treated her all these years. It was not fair. She had not done anything to deserve the suffering she had and yet, it continued to follow her like a shadow. "I'm just....so...tired..." She wiped her eyes, breaking free from his arms and getting in the bed fully clothed.

She made no attempt to remove the dress or take off her makeup. She had barely done anything since they left, yet she was exhausted by every wound she reopened for a stranger. Rolling to face away, she asked him again, "Please can we start first thing in the morning?" She needed an answer. A guarantee. Some glimmer of hope that he could fix her and she could have all the things she'd been searching for.

Quacey

Ophelia resisted at first but thank the Twins she eventually let her guard down and cried. It was something she needed. It was something he had needed himself yet denied himself for far too long. She went on for a time just crying and shaking. His arms there to support her so she never would fall apart nor down.

Then she claimed she was tired and left his arms. She laid on the bed fully clothed, which got a slight frown out of him. There wasn't even an attempt to remove them nor her makeup after. His frown deepened. He sat down next to her and patted her thigh. Wasn't hard for him to know where that was after the time they had spent so closely together the past few days.

"I will bring you some hot water and towels so you can wash your makeup off. I can prepare you a hot bath as well. What kind of food and drink would you like? I will prepare it and bring it to you. It will be good for you if you eat and bath. Also it will save your dress."

He squeezed her thigh as he smiled down to her. Regardless of if she looked at him or not.

"And yes, we will begin in the morning as soon as you are ready to start. Would you like me to stay the night with you? No sex just sleep."

Ophelia Eärtári

She wrapped her arms around herself, still obviously crying as she lay in the bed. She hated how easy it was to share her sadness and heartbreak with Quacey. It was like he had some magic that just got her to spill a little more than she wanted to each time she spoke. Was this supposed to be helping? She wondered, feeling the hand on her thigh.

Surely this wasn't part of his training. Some poor attempt to bring her relief. Each word she let come out of her mouth only dug the knife in deeper. She didn't want to reopen every wound from every lover, each potential child for her to love only to lose. As far as Quacey knew, she only had two men in her life and the one child. He would think it crazy if she mentioned the possibilities of others. They were fae after all and that was highly unusual.

She offered a nod as he offered her a bath and towels. "I'm not hungry, its alright." She sniffled, rolling over to look at him. "Yes...please." Her voice held a sadness mixed with a slight surprise at his offer to spend the night with her in the guest room just to sleep. "No sex, just sleep." To be fair, she didn't think she had enough energy left even if she wanted to. She just wanted to experience waking up in his warm arms again. This time without panicking and throwing up.

She grabbed his hand off of her thigh, offering a gentle squeeze before dropping it and sitting up. "I'll wait here if that's okay with you." She yawned, "Would you like to join me in the bath? I assume you'd like one as well after all that walking." She would wait for him to answer and prepare the bath for either her or the two of them.

Quacey

Quacey smiled down at her hearing her answers. "I will bring you food anyways."

But before he could move or remove his hand on his own, she picked it up and squeezed it. Then she sat up and spoke some more. Seemed she was feeling a bit better now. She responded to attention it seemed. Something to keep in mind in case she was down like this during their training.

"I would be happy to join you. And yes. I could use a bath badly."

He patted her leg then got himself up. Time to go grab those items for her. So he started to head to the door to go get them. But before he did leave he turned back to her. "Ophelia, you are welcome to stay here as long as you want. There is no limit to your time as my guest. Even if you decide to leave you may return. Just wanted you to know."

Then he finally left.

After long enough to get the bowl of hot water and towels for her makeup, he returned with them. He set them on the desk then was off yet again. After some more time he was back with some food and a drink. The food was just some oatmeal with dried fruits mixed into it and some cream poured on it. The drink was freshly squeezed apple juice. Perhaps a meal best for breakfast but it was also easy on the stomach. After the traveling he thought she might need something like it. He even brought himself a bowl so she wouldn't have to eat it alone.

"The bath will be in another room. Let me know when you would like me to prepare it for us."

And with that he got himself started eating.

Ophelia Eärtári

"Thank you. I will try not to burden you with my presence for too long." She responded as he left. She could be a very overwhelming personality. She knew that. He probably knew that as well after so many days together. In her current state, no one would have wanted to spend any amount of time with her. Who would intentionally seek the presence of misery personified?

She forced herself to get up out of the bed to avoid falling asleep while she waited, lighting candles as she moved about the room. She finished with the hearth, lighting the fire and making her way back to the desk where he set the water and towels before wordlessly leaving again. White towels.... She frowned, worrying he'd be upset with her for ruining them with her mascara and lipstick. Oh well... She had no other options, wiping clean her face just prior to him reentering. This time, with food.

She had told him she wasn't hungry...which was true twenty minutes ago. Now, as everything was catching up with her, she was ravenous and grateful Quacey had been thoughtful enough to prepare them something. "Lets prepare it as soon as we finish eating," She moved to where he was already eating and joined him. "If that's alright with you. I can help you if you like. I feel grimy and I barely moved throughout it all. I can't imagine how you feel." A light laugh followed her words.

She remained fairly quiet as she ate, just taking the time to savor the food. It was simple but tasted pretty good. Quacey did well, especially if he hadn't known breakfast foods were her favorite. Breakfast was probably one of the best ways to pull her out of a sour mood. "I think I'm done. Are you ready for the bath?" She looked up from her glass at Quacey.

Quacey

"Stay as long as you wish. Your presence is no burden to me."

Quacey focused on eating his bowl. She was indeed hungry after all and seemed to be really enjoying the oatmeal and juice. Good. Some food in her would do her body and mind some good. Perhaps he should see if she was particularly fond of the oatmeal. It seemed like the kind of food a noble of her stature wouldn't ever ask for nor be served. It was simple food that acted as a staple amongst commoners after all.

But before such a conversation could take place, she was done. He was finished as well so the timing was perfect. He smiled to her as he took the empty the dishes. "I am. Let me put these away and then I can get the bath ready for us."

He stood up and was getting ready to leave. But as he had done before he stopped and turned towards her. "If you have a robe or other temporary clothing I would suggest changing into it. Be faster to strip than your dress and keep any accidental spilling of water onto it."

Then he left to deal with the dirty dishes.

When Quacey finally returned after half an hour, he would motion for her to follow him. He would lead her to the bathroom where the tub was sitting and filled with hot water. The steam rose above it blissfully. The scent of flowers as he had mixed some dried wild flowers into it filled the air.

"Hope it is to your liking Ophelia."

Ophelia Eärtári

"Oh I couldn't stay." She sipped the juice. "My whole world is in Autumn. Even if all I'm able to do after this is garden without killing my plants, I would stay in my greenhouse happily. I don't think I'd ever leave again."

She hadn't realized how hungry she was after so many days of traveling. She didn't mind that the food was simple. She was just ravenous at this point and willing to accept anything that was edible. They had both finished their food rather quickly and he was already taking their dishes away. "A robe?" She looked confused for a moment before realizing she had nothing to wear to the bath.

It couldn't have been that far could it? Ophelia thought to herself, unlacing the back of her dress and letting it fall. She would walk over to the large mirror to admire her body for a little too long while she waited for him to return. Perfect. She smiled at herself, tracing her finger along the finer details of her body. The girl was simply in love with herself. Obsessed with her own beauty. It was all she had if she was destined to be alone. Any change would leave her devastated. At one point, she sent an old servant nearly to his grave after the discovery of a freckle she had never noticed before.

She would climb back into the bed until Quacey returned and beckoned her to follow her to the bath. She didn't wonder how he felt now that she was walking with him, completely nude. She knew she was perfect and had nothing to hide, especially since he seemed insistent on not having any other living beings around the premises. She would tease him, bending over to feel the bath water in front of him before turning to face him. "Sorry, I didn't have a robe." She smiled, working at removing all of his clothing so they could get in the water quickly and enjoy one another's company before they slept.

Quacey

A brow was raised when Quacey noticed that Ophelia was naked only after he watched her bend over the tub. Her comment answered the obvious question on his mind. She was teasing him. Interesting choice on her part. First this invitation to the bath and now her current state of dress. Made him wonder what her intentions were.
He got his answer the moment she started to remove his clothing herself.

It would not take the pair long to get him into the same state of dress as she was in. He walked over to the tub and carefully stepped over the edge one leg at a time. Then he slowly lowered himself into the hot water and let out a great sigh of relief. After carrying her for days, his body needed this. It needed to soak in the warmth. He instinctively let his body spread out. Arms over the side and his head thrown back. Eyes closed.

"This is bliss Ophelia. Glad you suggested we share the hot water."

He wasn't even sure she had joined him yet. All he cared about was the tension and soreness was melted away within the heated, fragrant water.

Ophelia Eärtári

She let him get in the tub first, letting him have a moment to relax before she would join him. She moved slowly and carefully, but didn't lose any of her graceful nature as she lowered herself onto his lap, ignoring the empty side of the bathtub where she could easily fit. She dipped her head under the water to wet her hair, ignoring the wild flowers that clung to her hair when she reemerged.

Leaning back onto his chest she looked up at him. "It really is bliss isn't it." A sigh left her mouth as she let herself relax, pulling his arms around her waist. "Thank you again, you've been so kind to me." Only sincerity was in her voice. No sarcasm, no snobbiness. She let herself look up at him, twisting her body a bit to study his face before turning back and letting herself melt in his arms as she washed herself.

It was a strange feeling that she couldn't explain completely. Even though they'd only known each other for a few days, she felt an odd bond. A comfort she was unable to find in all except one man she had been with. Her last husband. She didn't love the stranger, that she was sure of. But she did enjoy that he was honest with her. He called her out when she needed to be and he certainly didn't take any shit from her when she was in a foul mood which, in the moment, would infuriate her even more. He balanced her out nicely, and she liked that about him.

Quacey

The splashing and churning of the water told Quacey that Ophelia had joined him. But she had sat in his lap instead of across from him. Clearly not because she was shy either. Was she teasing him or was this another tree moment?

He didn't know. He didn't care. His focus was on just soaking and resting right now. After the past few days he needed it. So he just let her do as she pleased. She was welcome to wrap his arms around her and snuggle into him as much as she wanted. He was just going to let things be as he kept his eyes closed.

"Ophelia. Tell me more about yourself. Can help with figuring out your domain if I notice any signs in your past. And even if I don't at least I get to know more about you."

Seemed like a good time to talk. Neither of them were being frisky right now and being this close it only made sense.

Ophelia Eärtári

Quacey's voice breaking the silence caught her off guard. She looked away from him and continued to wash her hair, unsure of what she should say. Yes, he was trying to help her fix whatever was wrong but it was hard to open up and share everything about herself that she had tried to sweep under the rug and forget about.

She shifted her attention away from her hair and focused on her fingernails, carefully cleaning the dirt that had gotten stuck under them while she was laying under the tree. "What exactly do you want to know about me?" She asked quietly, maintaining her position. "Do you not know enough already from what I've shared to get any idea?"

Of course, she knew the answer he would give her. He needed more than she wanted to share with him- with anybody.

"I've told you of the two husbands I had. Sylris was the one my family mistook you for. The first man I had fallen in love with. We courted for seven months before we shared our first kiss at our wedding. He got sick and died before the party was even over." She sighed and leaned forward, ensuring he could not see her face. "You heard a bit about Thejeon as well and the...child. It wasn't the first one."

She paused, tipping her head back to keep the tears from coming out. "It happened many times. Not just the lovers dying. But there were more children. It shouldn't be possible for a fae...but it happened...too many times. Only the last one almost made it...but like anything else I touch, my body sought to kill it. It hurts. It really does. I know some people would kill to be able to conceive a child so easily..." He would be able to see her shoulders shaking as she refused to look at him. "We built our home with rooms for all the children we wanted....they're all completely empty."

Quacey

• Cry
He listened ask she spoke. More lovers. He had expected as much. It would have been odd for her to have only had the two. More children. He had not expected that. It was indeed strange how many times she had been with child only to lose them. Fae had difficulty having children but she seemed to have the fertility of a mortal. A gift many fae would envy but one that was proving tragic for her.

This had to be connected to her domain. A cycle of life and death. One she was not able to control currently. How to discover the truth behind its nature? How could she train to gain her control over it? The only current connection he could imagine was her emotions and attachments. It was those close to her that seemed to trigger it. Be it joy or nervousness.

A squeeze of her waist would be given. "As is my own home. I wish for children of my own yet unlike yourself I do not have much more time nor many more chances for them. Once you have your domain under control you will be blessed with as many children as you desire. Take hope in that and look to it for your future."

Ophelia Eärtári

Ophelia bent over forward, taking deep breaths to calm herself after sharing more of her story with the stranger. In this moment, she was glad she couldn't see his face. The time he took to respond told her he was either horrified by her or had some sort of idea about what was wrong with her. Either option didn't exactly thrill her to know. The more she thought about figuring out the root of her problems, the more nervous she felt about all of this.

His squeeze caused her to flinch, bringing her back out of her dark thoughts as he spoke. "Perhaps if you stayed home instead of abandoning it all the time, you would have just that." She shrugged, glancing behind her for a moment.

"I dont..." She paused to think through her words carefully. "I think I've gone through enough tragedy in my life so far. I don't think I want children anymore. I would just like to settle down and live peacefully." A quiet sigh followed her words. Whether they were true or a mask for how she really felt, she was unsure. "I've always wanted them with my husband, but I think that time has passed. I'd like to move on from such a dark millennia." She pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them tightly.

"In my future, I wish to stop hurting everyone and everything that comes near me. That is all."

After a moment of silence, her body relaxed and her head fell to Quacey's chest. Soft snores left her mouth as exhaustion took over.

Quacey

Quacey listened as Ophelia spoke her mind. Not an uncommon event. The pain her domain had caused her until now was clear. Anyone could feel it. She had given up on her goals in life of children and love. A sad fate. One he hoped to change for her by the end of their time together. Not so much the children but her feeling she never wants any.

When she curled up, she trapped his arms between her thighs and belly. What was he to do about that?

His eyes slowly open and idly glanced down to her. She had fallen asleep. A soft snore already leaving her. It was a good suggestion for them both. Sleep after their trip was for the best. A reset for both their bodies and minds.

So he carefully freed one of his arms. It was then laid under her legs so he could lift her with him as he stood up. An action that took a bit of effort given he could not brace himself with his hands to help position his feet under him. But he managed it.

Once out of the tub, he got her carried over to a spot he could focus on drying them both off if she stayed asleep. The first to be dried would be her as she was his guest. Assuming she did not wake. From there he would carry her back to her bed, even if she had woken up.

Ophelia Eärtári

Ophelia didn't stir as Quacey removed her from the tub and dried the both of them off. Days of travel combined with opening up to her past had left her in a state of exhaustion foreign to her. A tiredness she could no longer fight against. "Quacey..." She mumbled quietly as he gently placed her in the guest bed, snuggling up before falling back asleep.

Hearing the quiet chirp of birds, Ophelia's eyes fluttered open. Finally morning. She yawned, peeling Quacey's arms off her her and sitting up. Her eyes trailed over to the man in her bed and she nudged him gently a few times to wake him up. "Wake up!" She loudly whispered. "Get up! It's time for training!"

She crawled out of the bed and threw the curtains open to let the sunlight in to illuminate the room while she got dressed. Lacing up her dress, she continued to speak. "We should probably eat first, but something quick so we can get on with the lessons, alright?" She walked over to where Quacey was laying and tugged at his arms to get him out of the bed.

Quacey

Into the bed the pale fae woman was laid. To rest. After the long journey.

She did not wake the entire time he did all of this. She was bare then draped with a sheet.

His gaze down upon her. She looked content and happy now that she was asleep. He was envious. After how long and tiring the journey was, he needed rest as well. The need was in his bones. Going all the way back to his room would take too much effort. Same for dressing himself.

So he decided to just lay down next to her. To sleep away their collective fatigue in a semblance of collective warmth. And like that he joined her and embraced her so they might keep each other warm through the cold night.

=======

The large fae did not wake when she did. He was so deep into his need for slumber that he did not wake no matter what she did. The task of the quickness of the journey and carrying her the entire way had drained him completely. His body needed more sleep than her own. His body needed far more rest than he currently had.

She would find waking him would be difficult.

Ophelia Eärtári

She was disappointed when the fae did not wake when she did, but decided that perhaps he needed more rest than her. After all, he did all of the work traveling to Twin Home. It had to have taken a toll on his body. "Take your time." She whispered, though he wouldn't hear as he slept, slipping out of the room and wandering into the hallways.

Now that she had more time to explore, she would find herself feeling sad about the state of his home. It was too quiet. While her own home was quite quiet, there was always the chirping of birds or buzzing of bees in her gardens which she was very fond of hearing.

Here, the only thing she heard was her own footsteps echoing through the empty stone halls. She left through one of the doors, wandering back into a courtyard where she could see the empty stables. She couldn't ride horses, but she did always admire their beauty. It was something this place needed. Sure, stone could be beautiful, but with nothing dressing it, it was just cold. No different than living in a cave. Perhaps by the end of her short stay, she could convince him to let her design at least a garden with flowers that would survive in this environment to liven up the place. Maybe he'd be less gloomy if there was some color.

Eventually after a few hours of walking the grounds, she made her way back inside and stopped before the painting of a woman once more. Now that she had more time to admire it, she definitely noted the similarities between the woman and Quacey. Previously she had assumed it to be a lover or family member. Now she could confirm it was most definitely his mother. A woman he spoke briefly of. She wondered quietly about the woman, sitting in the chair below the portrait to admire the painting.

Quacey

• Bless
Something pricked at Quacey's sleeping mind. It was telling him to wake. But it was forgotten more than ignored. His being still too tired to rouse. It grew with each new prick. Grew and grew and grew. Like vines of wild roses wrapping around his resting form. Eventually it was too much and he finally gave into their demand.

The fae's eyes opened up slowly. His head felt of fog. His view blurred. A couple of blinks and his vision cleared. His head remained the same.

The first thing he did was seek out a drink of water. An action that after brought back some clarity, although not all of it, to his mind. Ophelia had not been with him in the bed when he woke up. That meant she was already up and likely roaming the halls. The pricks. Who knew what she was doing. But it did not matter. He had promised they could begin training after breakfast.

So the fae began to prepare the meal. The scent of cooking oatmeal, bacon, and eggs would slowly fill his home. Hopefully she would smell it and find her way to him. If not she would be simple to track. He could easily find her if he decided to actually look for her. Blessed by the earth herself. One of the gifts of his birth.

Ophelia Eärtári

• Bless
Reactions: Ophelia