Private Tales Morning Admonishes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
Dianthe had returned to her own home after the Wild Hunt. She could have stayed at one of Asemir's guest homes, but she needed to rinse the night off her skin. Embrace the wild nature she loved once more.

Midir had invited her to tour the Autumn Court, and she felt an excitement in her stomach at seeing the Erlking once more. She was still a bit inebriated, but her bed of moss would remedy that as she fell into quiet slumber.

Her glen was enclosed with wild brambles and tight vines, to keep out those she did not desire to be there. Inside it would be open to the sky, the sunlight filtering through. Flowers, tall grass, and moss would cover the entirety of the bowl shaped glen.

In the middle, a large bed of lush moss lay. Her is where Dianthe awoke, still in the form of a mountain lion. On either side of her a fawn lay pressed against her tawny pelt. Their mother must have gone off for the day. Slowly her eyes opened and adjusted. She let out a yawn, white fangs gleaming briefly.

Her ears pricked forward as a tell tale magic use, and accompanied sound could be hear. Black tipped ears pricked forward, she stood and stretched, fluidly switching back into her fae form. She knew who was paying her a visit, and she opened the way for him. She was surprised to see him so soon.

Asemir

• Popcorn
Reactions: Asemir
This wasn't a place he had visited previously. Not even one he had known of. Like the heart groves of the Dusk Court, Dianthe's glen had been a well-kept secret. Despite being alone here for as long as she had, her own magicks had protected her well over the years. Kept her safe. It was with respect he approached, not on two legs but on four. The quiet, steady, gentle rhythm of a great white stag stepped out from the nearest ley window and into the open air of the surrounding wood.

proxy.php

He was shrouded in the crimson of a morning sunrise and shone with a faint gleam beneath the growing light. Here the magick of Dianthe's glen spoke to him like a silent song in the thicket. Though he did not know the way, he could sense which direction he needed to go and so he followed the wane and listless song until at last a pathway opened itself to him.

With the quietude of a creature well at home in these lands, the stag approached with an easy stride and came to a stop just within the surrounding bramble. Tall, broad ears swiveled forward to sit before the base of his rack, and with a few more moments he stepped out from the shadow of the trees and into the open light of day. There, with a calm look about, the grey lines of scars could be seen in earnest etched across his left side from the crown of his regal skull, across his eye, cheek, and jaw, down his neck and over the spread of his broad shoulder and chest. It mirrored his fae form perfectly.

There would be no mistaking this white stag for his brother.

"Good morning," he greeted her, the low tamber of his voice curiously at home even when issued from the mouth of the beast before her, "I was expecting you at the guest grove of Kor Aren. Had I known I'd be hunting you down in the morning I might have gone to bed earlier."

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Dianthe Cyrene
Dianthe had begun to pet the sweet fawns at her side as she felt him get closer. Her vines told her everything, in her glen nothing was hidden. She wrapped her bare frame with vines similar to what she used at the hunt, though no flowers or ornaments adorned them. It was in modesty anyways, fae did not hide their naked forms from many, but for her childhood friend she felt obligated.

He reached the edge of where her home truly began, his stag form was a glorious creature to behold. She did not see his scars, she looked past them and only saw her friend for who he was. One of the fawns bleated, panicked for a moment by the presence of the stag.

Dianth bent and kissed its soft face and a calm washed over it as it sank back into slumber. She stood and approached Asemir, bowing her head gracefully. "Welcome Asemir, and good morning." Even though they were friends, she kept her tone and mannerisms respectful. She hadn't seen much of him in several millienums after all. She wasn't the boy she had grown up with anymore.

"Last night was a bit..draining. I felt the need to come home and feel the nature in my bones again." She smiled softly, a hint of sadness would be there too. "You seemed occupied when I left, I didn't think I'd see you again for a few days." She stopped a few feet from him, tilting her head up at him. "I have a feeling as to why you decided to seek me out so early this morning, but first a drink?"

Asemir

No mind was paid to the spooked fawn - animals had never been of any affinity to Asemir. None aside from the animals he called comrades within the Wild Hunt. The stag canted its head at Dianthe's answer, an ear flicking in thought. Not expected him for a few days? Had he been particularly lazy in his youth to give her that impression? It was hard to remember back that far - most of his life at the Summer Court had been a blur of many things he'd rather not think back on, so he didn't.

"I see," he offered in simple response ... to everything, "and yes. Lead the way."

Falling into step just off her side, he followed the Lady through her glenn, "Another friend of mine who has been missing from the Courts for some time, much like yourself, also reappeared at the festival. It was quite unexpected."

Dianthe was still feeling foolish about her behavior last night. She didn't know what had come over her. It was the drink, and being overwhelmed and over stimulated. She hadn't had the attentions of others in several millenia. She could already feel her cheeks color at the thought of her forwardness towards the Erlking of all people.

"I do apologize in advance, but all I have is water. No liquor enters my glen, not good for plants you see." She was partially teasing and she laughed softly. "It will be the best water you've ever tasted though, that much I can guarantee."

She looked over at him as they walked, and she studied the features of his stag. "You're more than welcome to join me in your fae glory Asemir, your gesture is appreciated and acknowledged." She led him to a table and chairs made of tightly woven vine, much like what wicker would appear as. She retrieved a wooden pitcher, a matching pair of cups.

"I am glad you've gotten to reconnect with her, I certainly am glad to have your company again Ase." She diverted to his nickname, not even realizing she had done it.

Asemir

"I do apologize in advance, but all I have is water."

The stag abruptly halted, tall head knocking, round eyes blinking. He looked offended, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Did ... did Dianthe think he was a lush?

Was he a lush?

Asemir mentally checked himself for the amount of alcohol consumed in the last week and quickly decided it might not be a bad idea to cut back. Thank goodness she couldn't see the color drain from his face in this form for it wasn't often that one caught the Lord of the Lunar Winds mortified by his own vices. He recovered with a light grunt and pressed on, "I assure you, water is perfectly fine."

At her invitation to shift, the stag nodded and with a flurry of a sudden gust of wind, a quick bought of magic swirled around him as he walked. When he stepped from it he was clad in breezy, muted dark grey pants and his torso was bare. A gesture of his hand through the air created a wisp of silver that unraveled into a finely crafted dark blue overcoat trimmed in silver. Within moments the myriad scars and black tattoos were cast from sight as he shrugged it on.

The man offered Dianthe a faint smile at her words, "It is good to be welcome company, especially to old friends." Thank the winds he had no reason to believe he'd wronged Dianthe in their distant past. Asemir was still smarting over Ceilidh's abrupt return and his neglect of her over her millenia-long grief of her late husband Traynor. Last night notwithstanding, he wasn't sure Cece actually forgave him and he hated walking the limbo of such things.

Claiming one of the seats at the table, Asemir sat as bid and silently gave thanks that it wasn't a cushion on the ground. "You've made a nice home for yourself here, Dianthe. What, mm-" he glanced around, "what inspired you to leave it?"

Last edited:
Dianthe blushed as he looked offended. "I don't mean anything by that, it's just that alcohol seems to be the drink of choice for most fae, be it wine or something stronger." They both took a moment to recover from the awkwardness, and they pressed forward.

"You'll have to forgive me Asemir, I haven't been around others for a long time, I forget how to speak appropriately." She offered him a smile as he shifted into his fae form. It was always enjoyable to see other fae shift, the rush of magic was enticing.

Dianthe found herself studying his torso, the scars making a worried frown appear. A lot had certainly happened since she had last spent time with him. Time was something she had forgotten in her seclusion. He covered himself swiftly and she dropped her gaze as they sat.

She poured him a chalice of water and hummed at his line of questioning. "I almost didn't come back at all. In my learning of the forest and myself, I realized that being a part of fae civilization was also part of me. I couldn't stay away forever, as tempting as it was. Though after last night, I might reconsider. "

Asemir

"You'll have to forgive me Asemir, I haven't been around others for a long time, I forget how to speak appropriately."

Asemir raised a brow at this, faint bemusement playing about his features as his mind recalled his early-morning visit to his brother and the words Midir had to spare for dear Dianthe. "Indeed..."

He drank as she spoke, finding the water to be remarkably refreshing and reminiscent of the waters at Mirlorne. It was a small wonder she wouldn't just tuck herself away there in the forest with Eske - if this place she'd made herself was what she desired to call home, Dusk could provide exactly that. And then some.

"The draw of seclusion is a strong one," leaning forward, he planted both elbows on the table and cupped the chalice with both hands, offering his old friend an understanding smile, "it is largely why I have chosen the Dusk Court as my home. Call it a happy medium ... privacy and solitude without total alienation." A sigh sank his shoulders slightly, and the resurgence of guilt crept back into his face, "I heard what happened ... I blame myself. I should not have filled you with drink and abandoned you to the Erlking as I did. On his best days the Autumn King is about as predictable as the weather in Dawn."

Which was to say, not predictable at all.

"Let me make it up to you. Society needs more good people like you, Dianthe, it would be a loss to have you shut away from it forever. Please reconsider using the guest grove at Mirlorne as your halfway home until you find a Court that suits you. It will ease your transition if nothing else."

Dianthe studied her old friend, a lot had certainly changed. They weren't running around pulling pranks anymore. He had been through so much it seemed. He certainly was a lot calmer than his younger years, he thought about things more it seemed.

Asemir put both elbows on the table as she sipped her own water. "Indeed, it's much easier to deal with wildlife and plants than the wiles of court." She gave him a wry grin, her embarrassment returning from the night before. She watched the guilt form on his features, and nodded as he apologized.

"Ase, it's okay. You were only trying to help me feel...more comfortable. It wasn't all for naught, the night ended well enough. Midir offered to give me a tour of his home. So that I can decide if Autumn is truly a fit. It could have ended worse. At least I didn't sleep with him, even though I certainly offered."

Dianthe laughed softly and shook her head. "It was the wine, and my emotions getting the better of me. It was silly of me, and I hope to apologize to him when I see him next." She pondered Asemir's offer, it would be nice to relearn court politics. She certainly wouldn't do that here.

"I will take you up on your offer, I think it would benefit me to do so. You're very kind Ase, thank you for all the help you have given me. If there is anything I can do for you in return, don't hesitate to ask. It's what friends do after all."