Roleplay OOC Marrowa Village

What's the crisis to turn us into adventurers?

• Total voters

Teshara Elvin Cardinal

Farmer, Hunter
Character Biography
Link
A simple village with a simple community and great aspirations.
Far enough away from Elbion to be secluded, close enough to have sufficient traffic and protection of merchants, adventurers and travelers passing through.

This village is a strong farming community ranging from animal products to crops and other harvested goods.
It sits in the shadows of the Serete Mountains, the mysteries of which attract monster hunters and adventurers alike. The few mines they have provide further trade and industrial opportunities.

Marrowa is a very fast growing village. In spite of its proximity to the monster haunted mountains it's ideally situated to provide nearly every need for new families and settlers to move in and have a promising future.

The Lord of this village is not a bad man, but he generally leaves the people of Marrowa to their own devices while he lives in Elbion collecting the levies from the generous taxes.
In return for the taxes he makes sure to send regular patrols to keep everyone safe, otherwise the village lives in complete freedom!

Winter is coming which means the harvest festival is approaching, spirits are high while friends, family and guests look forward to an amazing event of fellowship and good food!

Up in the mountains in an old castle ruin a litch king sits on his throne, the last of his undead army prepared to be unleashed on the world... His first target, a little village, will be a good proper test of his army and a good way to further increase his numbers.

Bring on the zombie apocalypse, let the entire forest and village become nothing but a den of the dead, let nothing living be safe so long as they remain so.

I love the idea behind this! Starting off a character as a normal villager gives them a lot of room to grow, and this kind of scenario lends itself really well to some good character interactions in a group. It'd be fun to see them grow and explore the world as underdogs, slowly getting more skilled as they go.

I'm thinking of a town guard or wannabe guard, someone who hasn't seen too much personal combat but is quite idealistic about handling monsters just like how old folk tales and myths portrayed them. If we go down the lich/zombie route, maybe a damaged spellbook comes his way that he could pick up a few lowly tricks from eventually.

Yes! And the village also supplies a reason for our characters to know each other! (or not, if your character is visiting for the festival.)
A far cry from the basic tavern scene.
Childhood friendships are also made possible, as well as rivalries and grudges!

A village militia would certainly be in the making, though probably not well formulated or equipped yet.

My character is a hunter and farmer, aside from a general helpful member of the community and a love interest character if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Oracle of Writing
I definitely like the idea! And even not becoming heroes sounds like it could be really fun. Just generally chilling and living life, perhaps some sort of 'cozy' fantasy type story or a slice of life.

Here's the thread!
Fable - Ask - The Village of Marrowa | Chronicles RP - Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Sigfrith Runecarver
Oracle of Writing
Uhfred
Quoril

Nearly any role in this community is available and it's assumed that everyone is familiar with everyone unless otherwise stated. Having personal or even familial connections with others is encouraged within the bounds of permissions asked and given.

This thread explores the beginning stages of "The Heroes Journey", before your character goes galivanting around with godlike powers. So it can be assumed that things will not stay peaceful for very long, take time to allow yourselves to enjoy the little time they have left as simple folk.

Last edited:
Here's the thread!
Fable - Ask - The Village of Marrowa | Chronicles RP - Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Sigfrith Runecarver
Oracle of Writing
Uhfred
Quoril

Nearly any role in this community is available and it's assumed that everyone is familiar with everyone unless otherwise stated. Having personal or even familial connections with others is encouraged within the bounds of permissions asked and given.

This thread explores the beginning stages of "The Heroes Journey", before your character goes galivanting around with godlike powers. So it can be assumed that things will not stay peaceful for very long, take time to allow yourselves to enjoy the little time they have left as simple folk.

hey, I appreciate being included, but I might be gone a while, up to a few weeks with little or no replies. So I’ll join later unless it was a mistake I was included. XD

Not... Giving... UP!!!

• Yay
Reactions: Oleg