Open Chronicles Keep going and don't look down...

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Things were getting more and more interesting, with Eena revealing she could communicate with the spirits of the dead. However, his fun was almost ruined by a talkative spirit who was trying to reveal one of his secrets to Eena. Luckily, she took it as a simply rude remark, and moved on. Dauner, however, turned his head to look at the spirit she'd just spoken to. Since the original shadow vision was unable to make one see the spirits of the dead, with Eena's case being rather special, Dauner activated his spirit vision.

Spirit vision allowed him to see souls, like any normal demon, however, he always kept his spirit vision turned off, because of all the dead souls that used to follow him around, trying to 'haunt' their killer. Eventually, he grew so used to it, that he just kept it off, even after ridding himself of the vengeful ghosts.

Once he'd made out the shape of the spirit, he'd then exert spirit coercion. An advantage that greater members of a race have always had over lesser members of the same or similar races. Like a dragon and a wyvern, or a kitsune and a fox. In this case, a demon and a ghoul. The coercion would seem to the spirit like its essence was about to be torn apart, destroying its very existence. Dauner would then stop at that. That would serve as a warning, for the next time it had such foolish ideas.

After turning his spirit vision off again, he'd continue towards Wallace, the guide. From Eena's interaction with him, a cold sweat ran down Dauner's cheek, as he realized that the shadow vision was not only drawing out her latent talent, but had also stripped her of a level of intelligence and common sense. Just as they were about to engage in battle, Dauner sighed.

"Ok! Show's over" he'd say, clicking his fingers. A black mist would leave Eena's eyes, returning her vision to normal, and hopefully, her intelligence. Dauner could have ended everything with one slap, yes. But that would be revealing his strength, and he'd much rather stay a normal guy in Eena's eyes for as long as he could. In his experience, as soon as others found out how strong he was, they'd be impressed, but then they'd start seeing him as someone different from them, and thus a gulf would form between them. Comradeship was something he liked having, Even if it was for just a short period. There weren't many that would understand this, unless they'd spent an eternity of loneliness, like he had.

Eena

• Scared
Reactions: Eena
As the magic left her eyes Eena grabbed her head with her right hand in pain. “Wha…Whaz happening….” She slurred as everything seem to come back to her but slowly like her brain was playing catch up. She found herself in the arms of…HIM! ‘Bu-but how…I don’t I can’t even recall this…No I can…No I can’t…’ Everything was a blur her memory was failing her and she was freaking out at the lunacy of it all! “WHAT IS GOING ON?!” She then turned to Dauner grabbing him by the collar with her left hand. “WHAT DID YOU DO!” She asked but then heard a harrowing growl. “RAAGGHHH!” The guide or someone who looked like him appeared before Eena. Though now transformed into some demon from the darkest pits of some dark god was charging at Eena and Dauner. “BY THE DEVILS AND GODS!” Eena yelled quickly bringing both her hands down to her sword unable to draw it due to still being deep in Dauner’s grasp and it being a long sword. She tore from it’s holding and upon seeing the terrifying visage of the monster approaching them threw her blade sheath and all at the monster! "HAAAH!" She shouted as the blade slammed on the monsters face causing him to temporary lose balance and fall though he appeared to be far from finished just dazed.

“Ha..ha…*Gulp*” Eena breathed heavily but as the monster started to regain his footing her panic started to rise. She tried to get loose from Dauner’s grasp as she was kinda deep into as her previous persona seemed comfortable in it. “What are you a statue?! Do something or we’ll be torn to shreds by him! And also PUT ME DOWN!” She warned and demanded her face flustered with embarrassment but also wishing to be made mobile not wanting to be anywhere near the path of carnage. The possessed Wallace prepared for another charge aiming to impale them both with his long claws!

• Aww
Reactions: Dauner
With Eena back to her senses, Dauner was presented with another wave of fluster from her. She apparently was unaware of how she got into his arms. Probably a side effect of the stimulation. Something to note for future reference.

When Eena shouted for Dauner to put her down, he looked disappointed. "Aww, and here I was thinking of how you were just a moment ago when you were acting all cute and cuddly" he'd tease as he leapt backwards to avoid Wallace's charge, landing a few meters behind. Then leaping forward again, landing on Wallace's head, and using the recoil from his next jump to forcefully destabilize the now turned monstrosity.

"Well, I guess we'll do just that if we want to put up a good fight" he continued, letting Eena down on her feet. He kicked up the sword Eena had thrown not that long ago, grabbing as it flew upwards, then returning it to its owner. Then he drew his own sword and readied himself for battle. "We should have a bard sing a song about this after we're done here" he said, offering Eena a wink.

• Aww
“Cu-cute and cuddly?” She stammered out unable to really imagine herself so dimwitted enough to indulge in actually cuddling with someone unless… “You sick-UWAH!” She began but found herself being taken into the air as Dauner avoided the monster charge by literally jumping over him. Yet before he did he landed his foot on the head of the monster as if to taunt him. It also sent the beast tumbling forward but unlike last time where he fell he managed to steady himself. His face contorted in annoyance at being denied twice of his victims blood! Yet when they landed and her feet finally felt the ground. Her face was more than a bit surprised. ‘I…I’ve seen men leap but that was like a werewolf lunging into the sky to descend upon its unsuspecting prey…’ She thought slowly turning her eyes on Dauner unsure if…If he was some sort of being in disguise? Demon, Divine, even some sort of eldritch abomination filled her mind but was cut short when she felt her blade being thrusted into her hands once more. ‘Oh right the monster…The monster!?’ She was torn from the thought as she drew her fathers blade and threw the sheath aside since there wasn’t any place to put it. Since she had broken the handle that kept it in place when she threw it at the beast the first time.

“If we don’t end up becoming apart of this place…I guess we have a chance since there's just only one of them.” She stated readying herself gripping her handle. The beast crackled at her words. “A FATAL ASSUMPTION!” He said as his left hand rescinded it’s claws into his fingers which caused more bleeding as it now resembled a bloody hand. Yet when he closed it into a fist the earth would erupt in many hands! Dead hands attached to crawling bodies long dead and reeking of rotten flesh. Eena slashed wildly just barely managing to stay afoot while striking at the undead hands. “GAH! GET AWAY YOU BASTARDS!” She stated striking off two hands as they reached for her feet. Yet the Monster had his eyes on Dauner deeming him the threat watching if his undead hands had successfully bound him. As soon as they had him pinned the monster would descend upon him like he had done to him! From the sky ready to tear off his head if he could!

• Sip
As the man, now beast, clenched its fists, a bunch of hands sprouted from the ground, taking the two by surprise. Unlike Eena who went into panic mode, Dauner bare moved an inch. Even as his legs were grabbed by the hands, he still stood firm. The greater threat weren't a bunch of undead hands, but rather the beast that had summoned them.

Next, the beast came flying towards Dauner. Dodging was now no longer an option as he was fixed in place by the hands. Well, he could still cut off his legs, so he could dodge. They'd grow back in an instant anyway, however, if Eena wasn't already freaked out by all that had happened to this point, that would be the dealbreaker. He still wanted to adventure with her a bit more before they split, and on good terms would be best.

Facing the incoming beast, Dauner calculated how long it'd take for it to reach him. If he were to cut off the hands holding him, he would be able to dodge. However, unless he uses inhuman speed, he'd be caught be the beast before he could successfully dodge. But he still wanted to keep his abilities on under the radar. So he chose to quickly cut off the hands using a more normal speed. By the time he was done with that, the beast was already upon him. The best thing he could do was block, as he let himself fall backwards under the influence of the beast's falling force.

With his back curved, he rolled backwards as soon as he hit the ground. His sword blocked the beast's claws, as he raised his legs onto the beast's midsection, sending it flying again. Using the momentum, he quickly jumped to his feet, this time properly avoiding the hands.

"Not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty skilled, you know!"

Eena

• Smug
Eena stomped on a hand as it turned into nothing more that splintered bones and flesh. She turned to see the monster overtake Dauner! ‘Shoot!’ She screamed mentally trying to get away from the undead hands and closer to Dauner however the hands soon started to climb up as they emerged from the ground as zombies whole. They blocked her path sinking her hopes of intervening. Yet she gripped her blade’s handle hard. ‘Now or never…Either I save him or I die alone!’ She resolved to herself as she charged at the two zombies blocking her path cutting down the first one and taking note from Dauner’s book she kicked over the second running over him! Yet before she could reach Dauner she was tugged to the ground! "GAK!" She coughed out as she saw a zombie had grabbed her cape and she saw the small horde quickly approaching! With quick thinking she unchained the holder of her cape as the zombie quickly pulled it toward him only to find just an empty shoulder guards with her long cape. She quickly rolled away to get some distance from the horde but ended up going away from Dauners direction but escaping. She stood up as fast as she could though she felt a little dizzy. ‘Thank the gods I got that holder…Dunno how that would of ended up if I had my old one…Now where was I going…OH RIGHT DAUNER!’ She quickly thought staring at him as he flipped the monster into a pile of zombies after he tried to overtake him. She smirked at his words. “Not bad but I’m only getting warmed up!” She lied her heart rate was skyrocketing and that near brush with death hadn’t done much for her anxiety.

The monster recovered quickly as it let out a roar that seemed to sound like a lion that was trying to roar while choking. The zombies seemed to rise faster after that completely surrounding them. Eena started to shake seeing their situation. “This is exactly the thing my captain told me not to let happen when you face a horde…” She stated backing up to Dauner’s rear. Her eyes darted for anything that could give them an edge but the only thing she could see was the rickied wall that they could push upon the zombies to turn them into paste. Only problem there was a horde between them and the wall not to mention they’d have to jump over to push it. Her other solution was the only one that will solve their problem now though would have dire consequences if it got out of control but they were left with little options with the zombies closing in! “Any chance among your many talents you happen to know some fire magic?! With them so packed now would be a great time to shower them with it!” She stated a bit panicked as her plan was a desperate one sure fire was always a favorite when dealing with zombies however there was much vegetation around them. That was a near guaranteed way to start a wildfire. Not to mention their patron probably wouldn’t like to hear his house burned down and they were the cause but Eena wasn’t very sound of mind with danger closing in.

• Dab
Dauner slashed his sword clumsily, like a total noob, inexperienced in the way of the sword. Yet somehow, every slash managed to take down a zombie, and his clumsy movements seemed more than enough to dodge incoming attacks. Even an experienced swordsman would call it nothing but luck, but it was in fact more than that. Several millennia of honing his sword skill, and that which he remembered from his previous life, had made him able to create a new and unpredictable swordsmanship. It was clumsy to the eye of anyone who hadn't experienced it firsthand, yet it could take down even the best of experts.

As Eena backed up to his rear, so too did he. "Ah, reminds me of the good old days" he joked, referring to a time long past. Back then, he was still very weak when compared to his present self, but yet, he went on a killing spree, killing all the members of the nobility in his country, who had a hand in the fall of his family. Politics was something he never liked, even before his rebirth, but that event forced him to study it. Back then, he had been branded a terrorist and chased down by the army. Just like now, he'd also been surrounded, and left with no choice but to fight for his life.

Eena suggesting they use a fire showed how much her nerves on edge. Dauner did have knowledge of basic and intermediate elemental magics, but he hadn't used normal fire in so long that he felt he might as well have forgotten how to. "I have something similar" he said, referring to his dark attribute flames. These were a more refined and controlled version of fire he developed, which only burned what he wanted to be burned. "I'll open up a path. When I do, run to the building as fast as you can" he said.

Out of his left hand, a black flame erupted, which he shoved forward. All zombies in its path were almost instantly incinerated. Turned to nothing but ash. "Let's go. That's not something I can use very often, so we better make the best of it right now" he said, looking somewhat exhausted. If Eena looked around, she'd find out that Gallios was nowhere to be found, as though he'd vanished into thin air.

Eena

Last edited:
  • Scared
“What sort of old days involve being torn to shreds by a pack of undead!” She asked though unsure of even wanting to hear that answer as she resolved herself to fight what seemed like a battle of attrition one that she would probably perish in. Yet before Eena could embrace her fate she looked on in wonder at the dark flame unaware such magic even existed or that flames could be different colors! Her moment of wonder was short lived when Dauner instructed her to make for the mansion! “R-Right!” She replied rushing infront of him as she tried to open the door only to find that it was locked! “DAMN IT WALLACE!” She shouted wiggling to door knob roughly as their guide had gotten himself possessed before he could give them said keys! She looked around the door quickly seeing two small glass windows on each side of the door. ‘Well I know one trick…’ She stated as she attempted to grab her sheath only to find it not there as she had thrown it to the floor of the grass courtyard when the fighting began. She scrunched her face in despair. “Damn it…” She whined as she would grip her blade with both hands using the cross guard as some sort of pick axe as it smashed the side window. She quickly dove her hand in, unlocked the door and ushered both her and Dauner into the mansion. Watching the zombies closing in she slammed and locked the door! Seeing the broken slim window as a problem and the fact the zombies might break through the old lock she looked around trying to find something to seal the entrance. She spied a large grandfather clock sadly too big for her to move by herself. “Help me use this to block the door!” She asked hoping Dauner would quickly help if he did the entrance would be sealed at least for the nuance.

After that Eena would collapse to her knees and her face would contort what would look like agony. “Ahnnnghh!” She moaned as she would put down her sword and look at the palm of her gloved hands. The leather had protected the blade from biting into her flesh but not completely plus she had also ruined her white gloves. Though her pain took priority as she use each of her teeth to remove each glove since her hands hurt just by bending them. Then she got out a pouch putting in the middle of her right palm she had a salve to help with wounds like this. Yet when tried to untie the pouch by bending her fingers she would wince back in pain as her hand complained bitterly from the motion! After three tries and many “Come on just-OW!” She looked up at Dauner though still suspicious especially since she’s having trouble remembering what exactly transpired after that sludge went into her eyes. Yet sadly she didn’t really have the luxury of picking new allies. “Can you put it on for me…Theres a white salve in the pouch it’s used for dulling pain and helping heal the wounds…At least that’s what the merchant told me…” She explained that’s all she needed right now for that salve to be phony and her dying of a self inflicted sword wound! ‘What a glorious end to an Eaglehart…’ She bitterly thought as things hadn’t even gone remotely like the legends she’s heard about her ancestor’s. Still if there was some good news they at least gotten a reprieve from that monster and the horde.

• Sip
“What sort of old days involve being torn to shreds by a pack of undead!”
A slight frown appeared on Dauner's face. "The unpleasant kind!" he said, quickly returning to his devil-may-care attitude, and proceeding with the use of the dark flame. Dauner stood by and watched the scene of Eena struggling to open the door, without intervening. Instead, he fended off the incoming undead, as she handled the door. As soon as it was opened, he pounced inside right after her, still looking quite pale, presumable from exhaustion. He then proceeded to help her black the door with the huge clock.

"Man, these guys are intense" he said, pulling out a self-made cigarette. Using his finger, he ignited a small flame, a normal flame this time, and used it to light up the cigarette. After his first puff, he noticed Eena struggling to take care of her injured hands. It was sights like these that made him wish he too were a normal human sometimes. Maybe if he was, he'd be able to feel the pain and the struggle for survival, those exhilarating feelings he'd long forgotten.

"Let me help you" he'd say, even before she had the chance to ask for help. However, instead of using the salve she had with her, he'd pull another one from inside his jacket. "That salve doesn't look too bad, but I need you in fighting condition as soon as possible" he'd add, applying his salve onto her palms. Although it wouldn't instantly heal the wounds, it will stop the bleeding and speed up the pace of healing, such that, the wound would have completely healed in less than half an hour. In order to lessen this time, he'd cast a basic heal spell on her hands, to accelerate the healing even more.

"Oof!" he'd exclaimed as he let himself fallback onto the floor, lying against the wall. "So, what do you propose our next course of action should be? From the looks of it, that door won't hold long, and the guide guy could always bust in through a window, cause from what I've seen, this mansion's got a lot of 'em"

Eena

• Thoughtful
When Dauner pulled out his own salve Eena’s eyes immediately went wide. “He-Hey don’t just-“ When he actually applied the stuff her face contorted in utter pain! “GAHHH! THAT BURNS!” She complained kinda feeling like a kid again when her uncle treated a cut on her leg when she was a child. Though she was more concerned about Dauner doing his dark mist trick again afterall she was still missing a good chunk of her memory. Though after the burning she would feel a warmth overtake her body. “Umph…Ohhhh” She moaned feeling warm as if she was in a sauna back in Alliria. When she got a good look at Dauner he had cast some sort of magic, a healing spell if she had to guess. ‘This guy just knows all the schools now doesn't he?’ She thought as it wasn’t very common to find someone knowing both healing and fire magic or whatever fire Dauner used. After the healing spell was completed Dauner seemed to collapse in exhaustion as Eena looked at her hands the cut on each of her palms were still there but sealed. If anything she would just feel a bruising pain if she applied to much pressure onto it. She was unsure again he had helped her twice now yet she still felt as suspicious as ever. Especially since he had mentioned after that spell she had acted differently she was worried what sort of way she had acted. Yet the situation they find themselves in took priority and as much as Eena wanted to press for details about what happened before it would have to wait.

“Thanks for that…” she stated a bit shyly as she seemed to give an unsure look at his question. “I-I don’t know…This is all wrong! I think we should just cut our losses and make a run for it maybe this place has a back entrance or-“ She turned to the door that was no longer barricaded…And the clock was where it was before. Even the broken glass on the side of the door had been repaired. Even more ominous the zombies seemed to have just vanished as if melted into the air. Eena looked out the glass peering left and right. “Okay…Okay…Okay…” She seemed to repeat “WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?” She asked aloud trying in vain to come up with a reason. ‘That’s it were gone the master can send his own damn army to take this place!’ She thought finally resolving to leave this house! She tried opening the door but found it locked. “How?! Were inside! OPEN DAMN YOU!” She tried to pry it open forcefully but found it not only stuck but somehow it knocked Eena away from it. “Wha-What?!” Eena said in shock as she fell to the floor. She soon realized the devilry she was contending with now. Not only was this thing in control of the house but also had access to Necromancy and maybe other dark arts! In short way above her ability to handle! “We’re going to die here aren’t we…” Eena stated almost in tears looking up at Dauner praying he had some sort of idea to escape this place.

• Cheer
Dauner was no different from a man with perfectly fine vision, who decided to shut his eyes, and cover them with a blindfold. Most of his senses were under suppression, and thus, he failed to realize they'd fallen into a trap. But then again, this was the reason he suppressed his senses in the first place, desiring to be surprised in all the ways possible, so it was ok, I guess.

"Oh. I'm guessing we're in one of those haunted house situations" he said analytically, but an obvious trace of excitement could be discerned beneath his words. Dauner felt excited at the idea of having an unexpected adventure. He'd only hoped it'd be as thrilling as the ghost was making it seem to be from the get go.

Witnessing Eena having a mental breakdown, Dauner began to think of how inexperience she was. "Ok, lesson number one. No matter how dire, dangerous or seemingly impossible the situation may seem, never panic. Always keep your cool and analyze the situation. Time is often most crucial as a single second wasted on panicking could be the difference between your survival, and your death" he schooled her. This was one of the most basic principle every adventurer should be aware of. "Knowing how to be calm increases your adaptability, which in turn increases your survivability"

Although this was supposed to be common knowledge among adventurers and mercenaries, Dauner could not count the number he'd seen die, because they lacked it. Well, at least, with him here to school her on it. Eena's chances of surviving in the world just increased, by a bit. A tiny bit thought it may be.

After saying that, Dauner got to his feet, and began to analyze their situation. The ghost seemed in control of the house, so leaving wasn't possible, Unless he got pissed and began to run wild. But then, that would do everyone more harm than good. The only other ways of leaving this 'haunted house' were to either kill the ghost behind everything, or complete its challenge.

"I'm guessing if we want to leave this place, we'll need to defeat the ghost that locked us in here, or to complete its challenge, which could be anything. From uncovering the mystery behind its death, to just entertaining it until we die. Hah, I almost forgot how much of a hassle it was to deal with vengeful spirits" he finished, turning to Eena to get her opinion on the subject.

Eena

• Smug
“Don’t tell me to be calm! I am CALM!” She stated following a very visible eye twitch as it seemed to indicate she wasn’t feeling what she was saying. Yet then she sighed realizing how foolish that was. “I-I know that but I’ve been in a group my entire career and it’s easy to remain calm when you have a couple more hands at your back. Yet when your on yer own…I just feel more desperate…No offense to you Dauner but two against gods knows how many doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Considering what we saw out there…Must have been 30 or 40 of them.” She replied to his instruction she didn’t want to be a downer but the odds weren’t in their favor especially with this crazy house now in the equation. Though it did surprise her that Dauner knew something about this situation.

“Great puzzles if only my cousin was here he could do those kind of things for hours and I could take a nap…” She complained puzzles weren’t her fortay though when he did mention ‘vengeful’ something seemed to stir within her head. Something she had forgot…No…That’s not right. She seemed to hear whispers in her mind. Then just down the hall a shout was heard by them both. “HOW COULD YOU! THEY WERE YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD!” Followed by a chilling wail that was heard just to the left of Eena and Dauner. They could only see a barely visible shade of a woman too difficult to make out. “My babies…My poor boys…Why…” Then she vanished and the shade could be seen no more perhaps she was a memory? Eena gulped unsure to even proceed. She grabbed her swords hilt and pointed it toward the hallway. “Ghost or demon…Guess the only way out of here is forward!” She stated wanting to give herself some courage. That is until she heard a loud groan and she scurried behind Dauner. “Well..um…Eheh…You know strong guys like you should go first ya know…” She stated trying to push Dauner forward to use as cover for some possible pain.

• Orc
I-I know that but I’ve been in a group my entire career and it’s easy to remain calm when you have a couple more hands at your back.
"That sounds rather weird, but…" Dauner said, making his way behind Eena. He then placed his hands on her back. "Here! Feel better now" he joked in an attempt to ease the mood.

Following the scene that just transpired, Dauner drifted away into his own world again. From the looks of things, the vengeful spirit they were dealing with was female. That wasn't exactly the best outcome. From his experience, women were always more passionate than men, and female vengeful spirits were that much more dangerous than their male counterparts. Also, although in their normal form they might look pretty, it was always heartbreaking to a guy like Dauner when these female spirits showed their true, twisted, form. Basically, it was ugly.

Anyway, getting back to the situation at hand. This spirit's resentment seemed to stem from the death, murder, it would seem, of her kids by their father. Whoever that was, was still a mystery. But Dauner had a feeling they'd find out soon enough.

"Well, as I said before, I've never been one to turn down a request from a pretty lady" he replied to Eena when she urged him to walk ahead. The hallway was quiet. Eerily quiet. The kind of quiet that would make your hairs stand on end, especially when you know what you're dealing with. However, Dauner walked ahead like there was nothing to fear. Carefreely, with his hands in his pockets, and seemingly no caution on his face. One would think he was either that confident in his abilities, or just plain clueless, or maybe trying to impress others with false bravado. Whatever it was, didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Eena

• Popcorn
“That’s not…Hah…” Eena sighed at Dauner’s pat on the back unsure if it was comforting or a bit annoying though she couldn’t say that since he had saved her life. As they walked down the hall Eena was looking from left to right watching for any surprises. Though she was a bit taken off guard on how casually Dauner was walking. ‘Like he just came home…Telling me to be on guard while he struts about like the master of the house!’ She thought as they soon reached what appeared to be the living room that lead to all sorts of possible storage rooms, kitchens, servant quarters or really anyone’s guess. Aside from the ruined furniture she noticed six armored guards standing across from each other though they appeared to be just mannequins. The guards formation lead up to the second floor. Though atop of the stair seemed like a mounted trophy. Though instead of a fierce animal like a lion or tiger there was a man. He had a similar fierce expression as if charging at his enemies though the sight didn’t make Eena feel less comfortable. “Was that there before…Or did the ghost do that you think?” She asked as they approached closer to the stairs though Eena couldn’t really see it but upon closer inspection on the mouth of the fierce man had two fangs above his mouth.

As they approached the stairs a stench suddenly would overwhelm them, Eena would cover her nose. “Geh…What’s that stench…Dauner you didn’t!” She gave dagger eyes at Dauner since she was at his backside. Though when they got closer to the armors you could notice some stains on them that were black and somewhat rusted red with most of it concentrated around the neck area. With some dark lines going down the armor at each of its joints. Eena shrugged waiting for Dauner’s response.

• Sip
Looking at the suits of armor that lined up the way to the staircase, Dauner stopped Eena from getting too close. His guess was, those were puppets the ghost controls, and it could very well use them to attack the duo. "Be careful. We don't know when those suits of armor will start moving and try to chop off our heads"

But still, the trophy didn't seem quite right. "Could this be a battle formation?" Dauner asked. "If that were the case, then that'd mean the suits of armor are the lower ranked soldiers, while that trophy looking thing, could be the general" he finished. That was a high chance possibility, but then again, it was just Dauner running his mouth. For all they knew, it could all just be for decoration, or have some other purpose than killing them. Though, from what they've seen, Dauner wasn't willing to bet on that chance.

It was obvious, to one with senses as keen as Dauner's, that the rusted red coloration on the armor was blood. The darker ones seemed like corrosion from the energy of the dead, most likely from undead creatures, and the dark lines? Well, they seemed a lot like connection lines, which could pinpoint a central core within the armor. In other words, if the suits of armor were to come to life, destroying these cores would most likely be the best way to get rid of them.

"Anyway, whatever the case, it's best to be prepared. Have your sword ready, in case that statue decided to run us through"

Eena

• Scared
Eena couldn’t deny his logic as it wouldn’t be the first time she heard tales of armors suddenly coming to life. Though that still didn’t explain the smell that was still reeking around them and she didn’t think Dauner would come up with those ideas just to cover his tracks. She looked at the armors with an unsure glance. “I’m not sure...If anything they would have just attacked us the moment we entered here…Lemme try something.” She stated using the tip of her sword to tap the armored statue as it was lighter than she expected. It wobbled back and forth before tilting sideways and finally falling to the floor with a crash. She gave a nervous smile to Dauner. “Hehe…Just wanted to see if anything was inside-Guh!” She began to say as the smell became almost unbearable and she covered her nose. “Gods where is that com-oh…” She cut herself off as she looked down at the armored statue…statue was now the wrong word…A man or what was left of him. Every part of the human body seemed to slowly but surely come out of that armor. Ribs, Intestines, heart, an all sorts of bones both cracked and whole. It all flowed out as if it was all dropped from a basket. She could see one eye staring at her in that heap of flesh and a mouth that contorted in all sorts of movement though it could only make a low moan. “Ohhh…Aghhh” He said as the arms of the statue started to slowly scoop up the bodyparts that had fallen out failing to do so as they would spill out of his bloodied hands. Eena began breathing heavily. “I…I’m sory…Sorry…I didn’t…I…” A part of her wasn’t sure what to make of it all. She was at fault but the position the dying man had been put in had been anything but pleasant. The man after futility trying to put himself back together soon stopped breathing and ceased moving.

“What…Wha…” She stated as she looked to the rest of the armors and despite her fear Eena approached them. She could hear breathing inside each one of them though from what she saw from the dying man they were stuffed in there to a point where they were nothing more than bags of flesh. “Gods have mercy...H-How do we even help them...” She asked stepping back from them but seemed more in a daze than anything unsure how to help or even if they could be helped!

• Haha
Dauner believe that the suits of armor were opponents that might attack them because of the vitality he felt from them. It wasn't much, but it was enough to consider them as 'alive'. However, the stench of a rotting corpse had filled the room and seemed to originate from the armor. There was a possibility that an undead, made out of a rotting corpse, had taken residence in the armor. That would be the worst case scenario. The best case scenario would be that the ghost had simply stuffed dead men into the armor. However, that would explain the stench.

Dauner continued to ponder, as Eena approached the armor. As soon as Dauner saw what came out of the armor, he immediately understood what was going on. The ghost had stuffed the innards and parts of people into the armor. However, if that was so, then the people should've all been dead by now. Only one explanation remained. "Black magic" Dauner whispered. This method of creating a 'living armor' was one of the most gruesome there was. Even Dauner, who was once hailed as the heavenly demon, the incarnation of chaos and destruction, had never one used such a method. The worst he'd done was used the souls of people to breathe life into his unmanned, armored warriors.

But this was clearly not done to create warriors. It seemed more like a means of torture. As long as these people remained alive, every second would be a torture, the kind that would make them wish they could die, without being able to. If Dauner assumptions were correct, they were unable to move, unless willed by the ghost. Like puppets, bound by the string of the puppet master.

Dauner turned to Eena when she asked how they were to help them. "We don't!" he replied almost stoically. "They're too far gone. Death, is the only salvation we can bring them now". Even as he said this, Dauner didn't forget the fact that these suits could attack them at anytime, if the ghost willed it so. Though, whether letting them pass easily, or making it difficult, Dauner only hoped the ghost would bring forth the most exciting outcome to them.

Eena

• Dab
“But they…” she began to say before suddenly a shattering sound was heard above as what remained of Wallace appeared darting through an open window shattering the glass. As specs and chunks of glass littered the floor the contorted figure stood up looking at the two with its ever unnerving smirk. “Enjoying my trophy hall I see…" He stated with a mocking tone as he soon pointed to the fierce man hung like a lion. "First the vampire who wished to turn me into his thrall." Then the monster motioned his hand to the armored victims. "Then slaves like you wishing to reclaim this house for their demon master! Such is your fate the moment you fools stepped into this house!“ It said with a tone that oozed malice as it’s claws suddenly unfurled! It’s other hand suddenly rose as the armors began to rattle coming to life with a great axe in hand. Even the armor that had been knocked down by Eena rose to stand tearing itself from the flesh that once occupied its inner sanctum. The others however all gave a painful moan. “ahhh…ohhh…” They said with each step as it was no doubt agonizing for them to move.

Eena readied her sword at the monster but constantly turned to check on the armors as they got closer and closer. The monster matched their servants foot movements step for step. Soon both Dauner and Eena were surrounded again! Eena felt a bit conflicted striking at the poor men who had been forced into such a cruel position. However as Dauner pointed out there was little to nothing they could do for the poor souls other than end their pain. Though another problem seemed to pop into her head they were wearing full plate. Her sword although made from good steel wasn’t the best against such armor. Her eyes scanned the area as she backed away for some time to think. She looked down seeing both her and the three armors to her side were all on a long carpet. She quickly stabbed her sword into a couch as she dived both of her hands onto the carpet, gripping it hard as she waited as all three armors rose one of their feet in perfect unison and yanked the carpet hard! All three armors fell backwards crashing into one another and breaking a table that held what seemed like a very expensive vase. The monster dived to save the vase from hitting the ground. “Are you mad! This came all the way from Allira and is a original!” the monster complained showing its attachment to certain things in this house. Although that would only keep the armors down for a bit there still was the three that were approaching Dauner. Eena hoped he had a plan since if he got into trouble going in headfirst to try to help against fully armored foes wasn’t something she wanted to jump into. Yet if the situation called for it well at least he'd owe her one if she lived. The three approached Dauner in perfect sync though each one with their large great axe prepared to strike him from a different direction. One from above, one from the right side and one from the left! Each one intending to cut him to three pieces!

The monster who had appeared went on and on babbling about how it was going to kill them, and then sent out its armored soldiers to do the deed for it. However, it didn't realize it had committed a taboo. One Dauner could absolutely not let go. Dauner was by nature and concept a demon who sought godhood. Such a being required core precepts by which to attain its divinity. Dauner's precept was the seven virtues, or as most would call it, the seven deadly sins. To forego of anyone of these virtues, would be the same as foregoing his identity and denying his existence. Such a thing would be disastrous to him. As such, he couldn't sit still while someone treated him as another's underling without a cause of pretense. The monster had called him someone else's underling, which was a challenge to his pride. Doing nothing would be the same as him foregoing his virtue of pride.

As the suits of armor approached him, ready to cut him up into bits, he did nothing and just stood there. Even as the axes slit through his flesh, it would seem like he stood still. However, the him who was cut apart by the axes, an afterimage he'd left due to his fast movement, would disappear, while his actual body would show up behind the suits. Using a round house kick, he'd demolish the suits, leaving behind nothing but armor parts and broken fragments, as well as the remains of the people who were once trapped within them.

"Oi, you fucking bastard!" Dauner called out to the monster angrily. "You'd better engrave this into your skull. I ain't nobodies slave. Make that mistake one more time, and I'm gonna stuff you into one of these armors" he added. After saying that, his mood seemed to lighten up. Protecting his precepts was really tiring at times. He even had to break character because of that.

With that done, Dauner, now smiling, walked over to what looked like the most expensive items in the room, and began tossing them away. He wanted to break them, but he was giving the monster a chance to save its precious items. "You know, you've made me really mad. So the least you could do is pay for it". If the monster went around catching the items, it would now look like he was being played around by Dauner.

Eena

• Thoughtful
Eena looked on with horror as the axes sliced through Dauner! “No!” She yelled fearing to face the devilry alone. Though the moment their weapons made contact the figure seemed to be easily cut apart as if it was made of paper. No guts, no horrible screams, just nothing! It wouldn’t take long for Dauner to make his appearance again this time with nothing more than a kick he dispatched all three armors in gory detail! Their fleshy prisoners were free from their hold splashing all over the room. Eena looked like she was going to be sick as she was covered in guts and God’s knows what else! ‘Just hold it together Eena hold it together!’ She tried to calm her nauseating feeling not really wanting to throw up in this situation! On the plus side it seemed the now bloody ground had made it near impossible for the other armors to get up as they kept slipping on the floor knocking themselves or the nearby two down along with them. They looked almost comical. Though Eena knew she couldn’t focus on that as she turned to the monster, sword drawn.

The figure looked at Dauner despite lacking a pupil to show that they were starring at them. “So you are not…With that strength and speed I judge you something greater…A partner to the demon? A lover? Whatever the case you are not an ordinary human as the fool beside you is.“ it stated in an almost calm tone. Eena cheeks puffed up at that. “Hey! I’ll have you know I’m-“ she began to say as when the monster turned their gaze on her she felt the need to be quiet. “I’ve heard who you are…you made that quite clear on the road here…” it stated with contempt in its voice. ‘How does it…oh right the ghost possessed Wallace.’ Eena thought as the monster turned to Dauner tossing the vase as it hit the ground it seemed to realize that if they battled here everything would be destroyed. The monster then gave a ponderous expression. “Then if you are something greater…What business would you have here? Like The vampire do you intend to make this your home and me your thrall? Like The woman do you just intend to clear out this place for her demon master? Or something else something more intriguing? A case of boredom? Make your intentions known human…if that is who you truly are?” the monster asked as Eena didn’t feel all too important at the moment. ‘I don’t serve a demon master!...Do I? I mean they say most demons hide in plain sight and take disguises of humans…’ Eena began to think as she turned to Dauner. That kick he used could easily of destroyed a score of undead zombies which made her a bit angry if he had such strength why didn’t he use it against the zombies. Not to mention that weird fire magic he used before. Everything seemed to be pointing that he was more than he appeared. However that fact didn’t help her she was in the very heart of a haunted house with a possible being of great power! Who was maybe just toying with her only to eat her soul at the end of this journey just for a good laugh! ‘Ahhaha…Either way I’ll have to go with it I’ve always found a way out of these things!’ she tried to reassure herself but that feeling in the pit of her stomach didn’t help much.

“Well it seems to think your some sort of co conspirator of whatever demon it’s raving about. Maybe you can get it to leave us alone and you know rest in peace? Unless...your not really some sort of demon underneath there are you?” she asked trying to play it off as a joke but her tone hinted at a paranoia that had already made a decision on what Dauner was.

• Nervous
As the creature spoke, Dauner who had planned on turning everything in the room into a wreck, paused. It may have seemed like it was just throwing guesses at the wind, but it was right on the mark. For Dauner, this adventure, was mainly to alleviate that sickening boredom that was eating away at his existence. Long lives weren't all that they were cracked up to be. Sure, living a few hundred years longer than the average human was great. You got to experience more of the world for longer than normal. Living a few thousand years still felt good, to an extent. But living tens of thousands of years was more than enough to turn any normal person into a depressed wreck, or an unmotivated one.

"Well, if I must answer your question. One, I don't even know the owner of this place, so I can't be his partner. Two, is the owner a 'she'? If so and if she's pretty enough, I don't mind considering the offer. And third" he said, sending his hand around Eena and pulling her into a hug. "She's not a fool. She's just a gorgeous, but inexperienced mercenary. And, not trying to sound offensive, but you look too ugly to become one of my servants, so no, thanks. I won't say I'm here for the coin, cause none of you will believe that. So I'll just come out and say, I got intrigued by the situation of this mansion, so I came over to check it out. And considering as the lord did lie to me, I'll probably be paying him a visit after this is over. Also, yes, I am human" he finished, that last part sounding more like a confirmation to Eena than to the creature. Although he was a demon, he didn't lie when he said he was a human. He was, after all, half-demon and half-human.

However, when Eena asked whether he was also a demon underneath, he abstained from providing a clear answer to the question. "Well, I have been called that a lot, mostly in bed. Perhaps you might want to try it out once we're done here" he said, his breath right against her ear, using the question as an opportunity to flirt with her, in hopes of breezing the original question over.

Eena

• Cthulhoo rage
Eena would feel embarrassed at this point if she wasn’t covered in all sorts of body parts already. Though the way he grabbed her did feel as one could say heroic just their odd circumstance made it feel weird. That and the brain matter that dropped on her cheek. ‘Gods why!’ Eena panicked a little but looked up at Dauner none too pleased at his flirting. “Dauner…” She started in a quiet tone. “Your saying I’m the inexperienced one when you’re constantly flirting in a life and death struggle with both our lives on the line! With someone I might add that you’ve scared to death on more than one occasion in just this evening!” Eena couldn’t help herself all her anger just came bubbling up as she dropped her sword and grabbed Dauner’s head and started squeezing hard! She didn’t care if it put him extremely close to her chest she had to punish his antics now! “Oh I believe your human, the worst kind! WRETCH! SHAME OF THE MALE SEX!” She yelled at him and also squeezing his head as hard as she could. It was honestly all she could do to keep from stabbing him. A part of her wanted to spank him too but was worried he might actually like that…

The monster seemed amused at the woman's rage and continued to watch cackling at the perverse man’s punishment.

• Devil
As Eena dished out punishment on Dauner, all he did was laugh. In all honesty, it had been ages since someone last thought it necessary to scold him, in a friendly manner. Most of those who scolded him were those who wanted his head, and those friendly to him... Well, when you're stuck for 7000 years in a place where the only creatures that exist are bloodthirsty beasts, you tend to find it hard finding someone to be on friendly terms with.

"Ow-ow-ouch!" Dauner would exclaim as Eena held his head. However, although his mouth would utter sounds that would make it seem like he was in pain, his expression did the exact opposite. Headlocked by a pretty girl, with his head lying in her bosoms? Well, there was no denying Dauner had his perverted side.

"If you came to know me better, you'd see that I'm not that bad" Dauner stated, still in the headlock, as he wiped off some drool from his mouth. "I might be a little childish for my age, but I can assure you of one thing. You can search everywhere, but you won't find anyone more worthy of the title 'pride of the male sex', than me" he said with a confident look. This would have been enough to make him seem like serious about the conversation, if he hadn't returned to drooling two seconds later.

Eena

• Cthuulove
“You’re just unbelievable!” Eena shouted tightening her squeeze. ‘Someone needs to take this guy down a peg and by the gods if that is to be my sorry task then I’ll make him remember it!’ She thought as she noticed a certain look of happiness. ‘Why is he?’ She then felt her anger subside for a bit as she felt her left breast rub against his head. “Y-YOU!” She shouted having half a mind to somehow pick up the perverted bastard and toss him right through the window and let the zombies have him if they were still out there! Then without warning everything felt…Slowed…Like when Dauner sent that mist into her eyes. No this was different much different!

‘Well this is a surprise…’ Eena thought…No…She didn’t? SHE DIDN’T! ‘!’ Yet she couldn’t raise her thoughts to meet this intrusive thought that had her voice… ‘Very strange…I can feel you…It’s not like the boy before…I crushed him but when I entered you…I became you…Shame though I suppose that does not stop me.’ The voice stated.

Eena face of rage suddenly became softer. “Though I suppose that is a bit unfair of me…I haven’t had anyone. So I wouldn’t know what it would be to love someone I held dear.” Eena stated with a smile as she released her headlock on Dauner and brought him in between her breasts as she smiled with a seductive smirk. “To hold them so close…So lovingly as we pass the hours in each other’s touch…Then when that would no longer be enough…” She began as she pulled his head towards her lips. “Bu-bove” Eena whispered out of the corner of her mouth as her father’s sword dangled above Dauner's body ready to pierce his heart the moment their lips would meet. If Dauner would also look back he would find Wallace now completely fallen to the ground like a doll without their strings.

• Devil
The change in Eena was quick. Too quick. So quick that even a normal person would realize something was wrong. It goes without saying, that as soon as Eena was possessed, The wavelength of her soul became unstable. That was how Dauner knew there was a problem. He was considering forcefully pulling the possessing spirit out, but that would also injure Eena's own soul. The best course of action, was to lure it out, or forced it out, if he didn't mind Eena finding out about this secret.

Those thoughts, however, came to a halt, as Eena pulled his head into an embrace. Hugging it against her chest. She may not have had big breasts, but hers felt firm against his face, which was a plus mark. Dauner made a thumbs up sign as blood trickled down from his nostrils. A proof that he was enjoying the situation. "This new Eena doesn't seem so bad" he thought to himself. However, he had his priorities. He may not have been a gentleman, but he was always ready to save a damsel in distress. As soon as he wiped off the blood from his nostrils, Eena pulled his head in for a kiss. This was what brought an end to Dauner's merry. Unless the situation demanded it, he'd never take advantage of a girl. If he was going to kiss someone, then it would have to be with their consent and not due to an abnormal state like possession.

"It was fun while it lasted. Why don't we move the battlefield" he grinned. His grin quickly faded, as his lips parted, uttering a command. "Domain!" he said in a low, commanding tone. As soon as he did, the ground beneath their feet, up to a few inches in radius, turned completely black. Soon after, the sword will dig its way through his heart.

What happened next, was quite unexpected, as Eena and the spirit would find themselves in a new environment. It would mostly be a place from Eena's memory. A place to which she holds some attachment. Aside from the two of them, everything and everyone else, will just be a memory fragment, but the actions they'd take will be governed by how Eena remembered this part of history. Since Dauner had used his heart as a means to open up this world, it was now mostly up to Eena to figure out a way of defeating the spirit and claiming back her body.

Eena

• Cry