Open Chronicles Keep going and don't look down...

A roleplay open for anyone to join
“What in the gods…” Eena stated trying to get a grasp in what was happening. As they were all soon pulled into some sort of portal. The moment they entered it Eena could feel as if she was being stretched out pulling something from her…Something from…no her! ‘Human…as if any human could know such magic…Then again perhaps they could though not without a price…’ the voice contemplated as Eena did what she felt she could only do. Sent messages to it via her emotions oddly this being seemed to translate these emotions. Though judging by it's tone they didn’t like too. ‘Such a noisy nuisance…this Dauner casted a spell that will place us in an alternate reality. That reality will be probably based upon your memory or rather our memory. It mayhaps be random or not regardless our destination is upon us.’ It explained as a white light enveloped them. Then when she opened her eyes she was looking out a window. Looking down at the courtyard of the mansion in better days. Not a sign of wear was seen on the furniture and the garden outside was trimmed to perfection. Eena herself was in a pristine white dress she could hardly ever wish to afford. ‘How…unlucky’ she could hear the voice in the back of her mind. Eena still felt no control of her body but still could feel what this voice was feeling. Despair, sadness. Even worse a certain feeling of sickness that she felt all over her body. She could tell that moving was a struggle for her at this moment. Then a well dressed man appeared at the door. “Milady I am so sorry to disturb you…but the master has come to visit you.” He said making way for what was Dauner in a noblemen shirt and pants with a cruel look on his face. “I shall leave you two alone as I have no doubt you have missed each other deeply.” He said quickly excusing himself out of the room. Eena and Dauner would look at each other for a bit. ‘Might as well give the man what he wants or perhaps he wanted something from your thoughts….Not that it matters now.’ She explained to Eena giving Dauner a pleading look.

“Finally you’ve come…All too late….how could you…they were all your flesh and blood! Charles is all that remains now are you happy with that!” she screams at him trying to rise from her seat but an overwhelming pain in her chest forces her to sit down breathing heavily. “They were only boys…My boys…and you…you.” She cried to him tears now pouring out. Without a moment hesitation she grabbed a dagger from her desk and pointing it at her throat. “Please tell me…what have I done to cause you to hate me so? This sickness? Another lady?” She asked as Dauners face would look a bit surprised not by much as the memory demanded it. “I’m not blind My love if you had wanted me gone….I would have done that…I cannot understand why you had to test the boys in such a cruel way but please tell me…What have I done wrong to cause you to hate me so…please…” Eena or at least the memory asked of Dauner he could feel in his heart that the man didn’t reply to her instead opting to merely exit the room looking almost annoyed at his wife. Though he could overpower the memory to say something different. That might have dire consequences or perhaps not. Needless to say despite all the cruelty he had done it was plain in her eyes that she loved this man deeply.

• Sip
Reactions: Dauner
As the sword stabbed Dauner's heart, he went into suspended animation for a while. That was until his consciousness was pulled into the memory along with Eena and the female spirit. The next thing he knew, he was acting like a complete jerk. Not that he doesn't usually act like one, but at least he always did on his own volition. This time, however, he was not in control of his body. He knew it was all a memory, but he still felt upset at seeing his body not do as he willed.

Normally, he'd try to seize control of the body, even if he had to face the consequences, but he was yet to recover from the energy spent initializing this memory world, and repairing his heart. As such, the most he could do, for now, was use sound projection. As the man walked out of the room, Dauner's voice would be heard, as if coming out of thin air.

"Am I usually this much of a jerk? Somehow, this dude is really annoying me. At least smile while you're being annoying! What a jerk!" the voice said in an exasperated tone. "Anywho, seems like I'm the ghost now huh" he continued, speaking more to the spirit than to Eena. "By the way, rocking that dress!" he finished, this time speaking to Eena.

Eena

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Eena
After finishing her crying the woman rose to meet Dauner. “I despise this dress along with everything in this room.” She said giving him a hard glare yet it was followed by a mournful sigh. “Alas things never really go to plan. As you are still alive and I’am in this rather odd body…Normally things would be more violent in a possession yet I flew in here like I pressed my foot into a rather comfortable pair of shoes.” She explained moving her body in a fashion as if she was seeing if everything was working. “Being in this living body is…Unique…Even with the downside of the girl still being here.” Suddenly Eena hand started to move almost insane like. Up, down left right even moving her wrist in a circular motion. “Your bound to get a cramp doing that…” The spirit complained. Eena seemed to have some control of her body though very little by the guess of it. “Hah…Almost wish I hadn’t left the boy…If it’ll stop your mad movements I will give you a voice.” The hand opened up as if to simulate shock. “No not normally we share the same mouth but in this world it is possible.” With that the spirit tapped her left hand and suddenly Eena’s voice could be heard.

“Oh…Oh…Huh?! This isn’t much better!” Eena complained as her hand made a duck motion to simulate she was talking. “What else did you expect?” The spirit in Eena’s body looked nonplussed. “Oh I dunno my own body! OR at least a body!” Eena raged against her occupier. “Such a noisy nuisance…Fine here.” With that Eena’s left hand was covered with a puppet with Eena’s features even had her uniform and hairstyle down to a T. Eena however was not amused. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?” She animatedly complained pointing at her body and looking as angry as a puppet could get. Yet the spirit had enough of her antics. “If you’d like I can put you back in your little corner where only I have to hear your endless bickering…So be silent unless you wish to say something meaningful.” The spirit threatened as she took a seat on her chair laying laxly. She looked at Dauner with an expression that looked more resigned than anything. “Well Dauner was it? This girls memories are quite jumbled so forgive me if I pronounce it wrong. It seems we have come across an impasse. I had planned to skewer you but then you pulled this and here we are. In one of my more unpleasant memories…” The spirit stated using her other hand as a rest. “So I have a proposition for you though since honor demands it. I shall put myself at your whim to answer any questions you might have before I make my offer. Unless of course you do not have any.” She asked as the puppet raised her puppet arm. “I have like a thousand…” The spirit narrowed her eyes. “Those can wait besides I know little as much about this body as you do apparently so that wouldn’t help.” She explained turning her gaze to Dauner. “As for you? What do you wish to ask?” She wondered.

• Devil
Rather than just appearing as a voice, Dauner had been sure to make a tiny ghost like apparition of himself, the size of a fist. It would prove more comfortable for communication than talking to air. The apparition watched the exchange between Eena and the spirit with expressed humor, as it floated upside down. He'd end up almost bursting into laughter when Eena was given a puppet appearance on her hand. "She's got a pretty good sense of humor on her" he thought. At this point, Dauner began considering whether to keep her once the ordeal was over. It would be rather evident, that he was thinking something along those lines just from the way he was giving alternating looks to both the puppet hand, and the possessed Eena.

"Questions, huh. I don't think I have any right now" perhaps the girls didn't know, but the memory they were in was a mirror world built on Dauner's conscious. As such, he had already been fed with some of the spirit's memories, which answered most of his questions. But seeing as they weren't aware of this yet, maybe he should play along for now, he thought.

"Ok, then. I guess I should ask what's on my mind in order of importance. So, One. Who's the jerk that looks like me? Two. What's your original bust size. Was it always as small as Eena's... Ahem. Three. I haven't even gotten your name yet" he finished, floating around her as he asked his questions, looking her all over in a way that would make anyone uncomfortable.

Eena

• Smug
The spirits eyes looked downcast. “That man was my beloved. He was not always so cruel…Though he did not look like you. That was your place in the memory. If you want more detail he had longer hair and was a bit taller if memory serves. He is long dead I would guess it is difficult to tell time when your caged in one place.” She explained though Eena puppet became more animated at his next question. “Hells take you! You degenerate demon!” She raged as the spirit merely smirked as she snapped her fingers.
1yth2.jpg

An apparition would appear smiling. Her features fine and skin spotless. She had long auburn hair with emerald green eyes. She wore a red and black dress with red being the dominate color. Her chest was slightly larger though wasn’t much to speak on the chart of such things. Though when the image bended over to look outside of the window all eyes narrowed on the curves. Despite her long dress those cheeks rising up like two hills would make any man or woman look an awe and be tempted with the urge to make then ripple! She looked amused at Eena’s starring. “Seems he’s not the only degenerate.” She mused catching Eena thoughts on her. “Wha-WHAT! No! I wasn’t thinking that no sire! I was just thinking…about…Plates?” she tried to deflect as the spirit smirked at the puppet. “Ah surely.” She mused “Some are quite large and round aren’t they?” the spirit teased as Eenas puppet put her hands on her waist. “You must think yourself soooo clever to come up with that! Aren’t you married!” she countered as the spirit chuckled. “This vision was me in happier times so I’m not flaunting anything if that’s your accusation. As for my marriage I cherished it until I was locked away here and found out my beloved had started courting other women. That can leave anyone a bit vexed and dare I say wanting…Though as a ghost I no longer have such needs.” She explained looking back to Dauner. “My name is Karisa Rassau of the noble house Rassau that you no doubt took employment from.” She sated as Eena came to life again. “Then is lord Rassau your descendant?” The spirit nodded as she looked up at Dauner. “Does that satisfy your curiosity? Or perhaps you just wish to ogle my visage a bit more?” she asked as they both caught Dauner starring at the apparition. With Eenas puppet face palming.

• Love
As far as pretty ladies went, Dauner didn't discriminate. He was attracted to all of them almost equally. As the demon king of the seven virtues, one of his core principles was, of course, lust. As such, with the help of his devious charm, and near immortal existence, over the course of his tens of thousands of years of life, the number of girls Dauner had dated were in the thousands, and the number he'd slept with easily beating that by over 10 times. However, when you live that kind of life, you tend to grow tired of the endless stream of beauties. Luckily for Dauner, he'd spent the last 7000 years, exiled, in the void. That was more than enough time to refresh his dying desires for food, a nice bed, battle and of course most importantly, women.

Dauner spent some time ogling the apparition, as he now began to wish he could bring back the spirit, with her original body. A huge wave of naughty thoughts passed through his head as he thought this, causing him to giggle weirdly as he drooled. He was however snapped out of it by the girls. "Eh!" he exclaimed, regaining awareness of his surrounding. He quickly cleared out the drool from his face, putting on a more serious look on his face. "You've got it wrong, my dear. Although you've got the face of an angel, that's still not enough to beat those curves" he said in an analytic tone. He then quickly tried to smoothly change the subject. "But I still don't get it. How did such an angel end up becoming an evil spirit? What's the story behind your transformation" Dauner asked, as his apparition took a seat on her shoulder, between puppet Eena and Eena's head.

Eena

• Stressed
(Welp long text oh boy XD )

The spirit seemed amused. "Normally such a gaze a upon my posture would be punishable by death but since I had already tried to murder you both I suppose I could forgive it.” She waved a hand dismissing the image as she looked a bit surprised at his question. "That is a long story one I don’t relish to retell.” She stated her eyes downcast but instead of looking mournful there is a spite in her lips. “Though it does have to do with the request I have so I suppose it might help you to understand my reasoning. I will try to keep it brief.” She puts her finger to her temple thinking how to explain her tale.

“Ah it’s difficult to say but I do believe it was some time ago I was set to marry the Lord Rassau, I believe he was the 14th ruler if memory serves. Lord Victar Rassau an artistic man long thin with quite the fancy mustache to see it.” She seemed to take a comfort in their first meeting as a smile appeared. “Despite how our marriage was set by our parents we had a wonderful time together. He showed me a world I had only viewed from a canvas as his garden was his portrait of a dream. I’d imagine it’s in disrepair no fool had the drive to maintain that colossus.”

She then looked to the bed. “Then came our sweet three boys. I gave birth to triplets this however was a bit of a problem since for hundreds of years the Rassau family had kept a clean slate of succession. I did my best to convince my love that we could manage this problem that we could convince them to give up their claim or even split the realm into three parts. It could even increase the development of the land with six hands focusing on that. However my beloved had gone cold. He would not interact with any of his children only engaging with them when it concerned his duties as a noble. Then one day I felt as if I could no longer walk…Every little thing suddenly became a task too much for me to handle even my breathing began to fail. My sweet boys tried to aid me but it only seemed to grow worse. My beloved sent me here to our summer home to get away from the city thinking just some rest here would heal what ailed me. Yet what would happen in my absence I could not have predicted in a hundred years. My husband in his wisdom had decided to test his heirs by seeing how they would manage their realm granting them each a plot of land beyond the capitol. However though the capitol and the summer home was safe. The rest of this land was overrun with all sorts of creatures many small folk would have a problem dealing with. He did not ask me if I was alright with this mad plan for my boys to do what even his ancestors could not accomplish! Bedridden and lethargic I forced myself to write letters to both my sons and husband. I begged him to stop this mad plan that it was too much that even in years of Rassau rule they had not been able to expand their realm! I did not hear back from him…I had told my sons to flee to my relatives that their father had just made a mistake in this whole venture. Yet my boys replied that there was no mistake and that how proud they were to participate in this campaign to not only expand their families glory but to prove themselves worthy in his eyes…Those poor boys and the small folk who followed them. Reports came back of finding those new town torn asunder and its populace slaughtered or made into the undead. My boys were never found…until Charles showed up at the capitol heavily wounded. I tried to gather the strength to see him but my body…Curse it! I could only send my wishes for his recovery and prayed he could see me soon. I wrote to my beloved demanding he meet me! To explain himself for what he did, I had also heard rumors that he had been courting other noble ladies in my absence. I confronted him, asking him what had I done for him to hate me so? He did not reply and just walked away. In a surprise twist however on his way home his company had been ambushed by werewolves. Nobody survived, in a way he got to experience the same terror he sent my boys to before he died. Yet my condition did not seem to improve and soon my son recovered enough to visit. Yet when I saw him there was this look on his face. I thought it maybe was just shock from everything he’d been through but no he had his father’s look now and I’m not talking about the mustache. Even worse as I nearly cried my heart out to see him he was brief and curt he showed nothing at the word of his brothers demise and I thought it was the shock of seeing so many dead. How wrong I was he just looked at me in the eyes and said it was all to test to prepare them for the trials of the realm. I…I lost it I shouted at him that all that did was send his brothers and gods know how many to their Graves needlessly! My son gave me a hard glare and said so simply…It was because they were not worthy of it…Then walked away as I just couldn’t comprehend my kind Charles could say such a thing! I stewed in my bed raging against any servant that tried to help me! I had finally understood what had happened…The Rassau family was cursed we had a demon that was haunting our family. Surely there could be no other reason for years these lands have long been abandoned by Vel Anir until the Rassau family came! A deal must have been struck! To make that possible for a noble family to gain new lands in exchange for their very soul! Every servant, every kin, they all must be his subjects and I swore I would not rest until I had my revenge on this demon! I will kill him and free my family from his bondage!” she explained almost screaming the last part. Hearing the whole thing Eena wasn’t sure what to think of it especially that last part accusing the entire family and swearing vengeance on what could be nothing.

“Then what happened here was?” Eena asked as the ghost smirked. “It would seem some God took my vow seriously and now I haunt this place until that wish is granted obviously I killed everyone here but let the fools who wanted to flee run. They were all his servants anyway and this demon would pay dearly in all regards!” she declared but Eena wasn’t so sure. “Um are you sure that’s pretty broad to think all this is from the work of a demon.” She stated as the Spirit looked at the puppet. “And perhaps you would know how a city can exist in a land practically teeming with undead? Also there’s the fact that the Rassau have always had an easy succession. One child per every Count either male or female they inherit the throne and carry on the name. In normal noble families these things can have many hiccups…The Rassau have had none.” She stated as Eena puppet put her hand under her chin. “Well…um…Er…They have a lot of luck?” She guessed as the Spirit gave a doubtful glance. “I’ll put that under consideration…” She then turned to Dauner “No doubt you have your own theories…Though I will warn you no words will convince me that there is a demon that hounds this family and I will not rest until it is either banished or slain!” She stated though making her own declaration that she won’t be stopped.

• Thoughtful
Dauner wasn't one to act on impulse. He only believed in facts and figures. Statistics never lied, and carried more weight than the words of any one man, or spirit. Dauner knew that there was always more than one version to every story, and the version they'd just heard was only the spirit's.
Also there’s the fact that the Rassau have always had an easy succession. One child per every Count either male or female they inherit the throne and carry on the name. In normal noble families these things can have many hiccups…The Rassau have had none.

"Well it could simply be that the dude had strong genes, or a pretty strong manhood" Dauner answered nonchalantly, before seeming more interested in the topic. "Now that I think about it, having triplets is no easy feat. You guys must have really done it pretty hard" he said, nodding with his eyes closed. What it was he was picturing in his head was left to their imaginations. "Hey, Eena! Wanna try and see if it's possible to make triplets by trying really hard after this is all over?" he quickly turned to Eena as he asked, grinning somewhat expectantly.

Whatever Eena's response was, he'd get back to analyzing Karisa's case. "There are only two ways of dealing directly with undead without having to put in too much effort. Either by using holy magic, or by using dark arts. A holy magic barrier is as effective at keeping undead away as a dark barrier, or a demonic protection array. Or magic circle. I believe that's this world's equivalent of an array. Anyway, there are a thousand and one possible explanations as to why the city in this place thrived. However, the most reasonable one, is probably the one you refuse to consider the most. Your sweet boy wasn't as sweet as you thought him to be." Dauner said, letting out a sigh. "I have seen it all too many times. Those sweet little kids whom you raised, and believed were like angels, might have been hiding their demons within" at this point, he was speaking more of himself. After all, the disciples whom he had raised since childhood were the ones who had stabbed him in the back. At the end of the day, demons were much better than humans. While most demons let their desires and nature out, and show it to the world, most humans, hide their true nature within. Like a treasure chest, holding their most valued treasures, only letting it out when they know they can't be hurt by the situation that led them to that point.

"I'm not saying this to spite you or anything. Gods, slimy bastards that they are, know I wouldn't do that to such a beauty, but, have you considered that the demon you swore to kill, might be your adorable little boy?" Dauner asked with a raised eyebrow.

Eena

• Orc
The spirit seemed annoyed at his guess of something to do with his gene’s. “I wouldn’t know much about that I have remained faithful to him and lack anyone to compare him too.” She said nonchalantly as most nobility have a rather narrow view on sexuality outside the marriage. Unless the culture viewed it as a blessing which judging by the spirit’s reaction she did not. “I did however take my duty of producing an heir very seriously I had brought books from all corners of the world about the art of love. My husband seemed to love the acts involving kissing and as they say going at it like a mutt in heat.” She explained doggy style as with a butt like that it would be too easy of a temptation. “Please stop encouraging him” Eena pleaded as Karisa seemed to smirk at his daydreaming. Eena’s puppet seemed to slowly turn to Dauner at his suggestion growing taut with anger. “How about this instead!” Suddenly without warning Eena’s other right hand would turn into a fist and smash into Spirit Dauner at his junk. Seems her body is sensitive to spirits which also means she can hurt them as well. Though it wouldn’t be as painful if she actually hit him in the woho just a unpleasant shock. Eena would laugh at her victory. “HAHAHA Suffer pervert! HAHAHOH-owowow!” She suddenly felt a large pain in her head as Karisa smiled. “You’re becoming more accustomed to your situation. I wonder should I be worried?” Eena seemed to be unsure it took a lot just to do that and even now she had a massive headache in the attempt. Her puppet self rubbed her head. “Hah…Maybe? Now that justice has been served I think I need to lie down…” With that puppet Eena fell to the table instantly starting to puppet snore. “That won’t do.” Karaisa stated zapping Eena as she rose up. “ACK! Okay okay! Geez gotta just power through this pulsing…” Eena said not really liking having to deal with her headache awake.

Karisa looked none to pleased hearing Dauner's words. “I would have…If he wasn’t dead by now, tell me girl what Rassau rules now?” She asked the puppet as Eena put her hand under her chin. “Jacob Rassau I think he’s the 28th ruler. Oh wait…That means.” Karisa nodded. “It’s been more than 13 generations since my son ruled he’d be long dead.” She explained nonchalantly as she looked at Dauner her eyes a bit downcast as she could never even think of Charles to be a cruel demon. “My Charles was sweet…Too sweet for this realm he had always come to me when he cried. He would shrink at any conflict that was presented to him. Always I would catch him feeding the rats and cats in the castle. He would even love to sing me his own lullaby’s…This would make him a poor choice for the realm my other two boys Rudger and Nolun were fine warriors able to lead men and were fascinated at the act of ruling my sweet Charles was not. Yet still he was eager to prove his love for his father along with his brothers…For him to change so drastically...There can be no other explanation than a demon.” She stated as she looked to Dauner. “Which brings me to my offer if that is all you wish to hear of me?” She asked before making her offer.

• Sip
Dauner wouldn't really have to worry about getting hit. He was just an apparition. An optical illusion. Although his awareness was with them, he wasn't physically there, as such, any attempt to hit him would prove futile. But, he still took joy in watching Eena celebrate her false victory over him. He was a sadist at heart.

Listening to Karisa was an infuriating experience for Dauner. No matter the age, no matter the world. Humans still always saw it better to blame all their problems on demons. As a demon himself, he knew how biased such judgements were. Since people viewed demons as inherently evil, they always felt justified to blame them. Even if it was for things they knew demons had no hands in.

There was a possibility that someone had a hand in her son's transformation. But that person wasn't necessarily a demon. It could be another human, a vampire, lycan, an angel or even a god. That didn't matter, though. The bias seemed more than enough to seal her judgement. Either way, Dauner still believed in the possibility that Charles wasn't corrupted by someone, but rather became the way he did due to letting out his hidden nature. Something that was maybe triggered by an event, such as helplessly watching a slaughter due to his own weakness. That was a possibility they could not turn a blind eye to.

It didn't matter that finding who was responsible wasn't part of their mission. He didn't hold any particular attachment to demonkind, such that he'd try to defend them, either. However, there were two reasons he wouldn't let the matter lie. The first was that he hated the bias. The bias itself was as though someone else was trying to define his identity. The second, which was possibly the greater reason, was the way Karisa refused to believe her son would change without the intervention of a demon.

The thing he hated the most, apart from gods and hurting pretty ladies, was blind trust. Seeing someone else trust another blindly only reminded him of his greatest mistake. This always made him want to break the facade that was taking place. To end the charade that was blind trust. And to reveal the hidden cobwebs one or both parties had in their closets.

Dauner decide, he wouldn't help Karisa to find a demon. He'd simply make sure to show her how stupid she was to trust unconditionally, without room for doubt or questioning. He'd unearth the evidence he needed for this during this quest. However, if there really was a third party involved with her son, he'd prove that it was her son that sought that third party out. Seemed like the most interesting part was still to come.
There can be no other explanation than a demon.

"Yes there can. For example, something other than a demon" he answered, letting out an almost annoyed sigh. "I believe the sooner we get on with this wish of yours, the earlier we can make you see that you've wasted the last thirteen hundred years based on unfounded suspicion. Then again, it would be fun if we were to find out your son had somehow sold his soul to the devil and become a demon, who lived to this day thanks to his new nature. And the demon you swore to kill, was indeed your son all along" he ended, his annoyance quickly melting away at the thought.

Eena

• Smug
The ghost seemed to sigh at Dauner's assumption. “I was denied the chance to save my sons lives and now I’am a shade to rectify that injustice. If you wish to call that a waste feel free. My only purpose is to save my family from this curse. Demon, Fae, Dark One I care not, demon was my first guess but I suppose it could be any sort of creature. However this strange luck of the Rassau has happened for 13 generations before me. So I doubt my son was the one to make the bargain.” She then rose from her seat looking at Dauner. “With that said I have only one thing to ask of you two. For you to take me back to the capitol with you. To find this creature and to end this curse once and for all!” She declared as Eena didn’t seemed to happy about that. “And um what would happen if we refuse?” The ghost seemed to smile with that. “Then we fight…I’ll probably use this body to try and kill Dauner if I fail you’ll either be dead or brain dead since this is the most comfortable I’ve been in any of my possessions. So even if he was an exorcist separating would be…painful. Either way you lose and I’ll probably burn the house down if I think I’ll die and if this Rassau is anything like my husband he’ll refused to pay for an empty plot of land.” She explained as Eena seemed to gasp at the idea of not only being screwed out of her pay but also her body! “Well this doesn’t seem like a choice at all!” She complained. “For you No…For him yes though I suppose if you wanted…You could all just leave.” Eena seemed surprised at that option.

“You’d just let us go after all that!” She asked more than a bit shocked. “Yes…For now, being in you has made me more calmer than I was ever in the hundreds of years that i've been trapped in here…Quite frankly it’s kind of easy to hate everything when your soul is screaming for revenge and you can’t exactly get to the place where your revenge is…Though I suppose that’s more madness than hate…After you go I’d imagine I will devolve to my lesser instincts and kill everything and everyone entering here.” She stated being honest since becoming this state it had given her clarity her enraged spirit had not been able to comprehend. Eena seemed to take a bit pride in that. “Then I suppose you owe me a little then must be my prim and proper demeanor as a noble Eagerhart that soothed your soul.” The puppet said more than a little smug. “Perhaps though if I had to guess it has more to do with this body than you.” The spirit stated as Eena pride seemed to deflate. “Whatever! Well…um…I think we should…Hey if you don’t mind can you give us a moment?” She asked as the spirit nodded. She turned around her seat putting the puppet above the seat whilst pretending to ignore the two. “Well dunno how this is going to work out…” She muttered using her puppet arms to tell Dauner to come closer. “I say we say were going to help her but you know head back in the city get our reward from the lord since the mansion is still standing. Search around the castle you know showing were doing things and what happens happens? I mean if we find nothing that’s hardly our fault right?” She whispered to Dauner suggesting her idea. Unsure if the ghost was keeping her word on giving them privacy.

• Devil
Dauner silently listened to Karisa as she stated her request, then to the exchange with Eena. One thing that sort of aggravated him in that exchange was the threat from Karisa. If this was Dauner from 7000 years ago, he'd have chosen to fight Karisa. He was a prideful monarch. One who was used to standing above billions and below none. Giving in to threats was something he'd never do. Not even in his worst nightmares. However, it did help that this threat was geared more towards Eena than to him, and that Karisa was beautiful. Those two points would be more than enough to make him less inclined to do something crazy, and just stay out of that conversation. After all, it had 'nothing' to do with him, whether Karisa carried out her threat, or not.

Considering the situation as well as the reason he was here in the first place, Dauner was definitely going to accept to help. Money wasn't his goal. His goal was the thrill. The excitement. The adventure. Thus, he was looking more to the means, than the end. That was why when Eena explained what she thought to him, he decided to put up a performance that was sure to make her change her mind.

He gasped, as he shrieked back in disgust, at the plan that had been presented to him. "Have you no honor? To think that you, a descendant of the noble house of Eaglehart, would think of something so dishonorable! Have you forgotten how you puffed your chest with pride when you introduced your family? Have you forgotten the honor your predecessors had won for your family? Do you really intend to sully that honor? To disgrace your name, your family, and your ancestors, all for a bit of coin?" Dauner would sigh as he shook his head. "Truly, I thought better of you!"

To someone like Eena, who just met Dauner, Unless she had a special ability that let her see through him, his acting would definitely fool her. As far as acting went, Dauner's skill was flawless. At this point, only someone who knew Dauner well enough would be able to tell, he didn't really mean what he was saying, but had ulterior motives. Well, at the end of the day, ulterior motives or no, nothing of what he said was wrong anyway.

Eena

• Devil
Eena's puppet face turned inside itself in what resembled a frown. “I am continuing that legacy by not being broke! If my adventures had taught me anything its that all the legends I’ve heard probably weren’t as clear cut as they were said. So I’m bound to have a few hiccups of my own. Anyway judging by all the wealth my ancestors had I could just buy off any bad rumors and if that fails I’ll just blame them on the most perverted sleazy person I know.” She stated looking directly at him.

“Besides we get our reward from the Count and maybe solve a question that’s been driving a spirit mad for 14 lifetimes. If not she returns to haunting this place and we’ll have our gold and be far away from here. The way I see it no harm, no foul, we tried our best in both regards. You know besides knowing if we fail we screw over the Count…Bu-But that’s only if we fail! So technically if we succeed everyone wins we defeat whatever is haunting this family and we get our reward! That can only increase my family’s legend!” she replied looking over her shoulder seeing her other body. 'I'll never be able to get over looking myself...Gods it's like looking at your corpse when your dead!' She thought grimly as she looked back to Dauner.

“I’d like to get out of this intact too and also hmmm.”
She rubs her puppet chin. “Maybe we can get two things out of this I mean we’re helping her so technically she has to offer us a reward too…I can think of a few things though I’m going to be pissed if she says my body is my reward I mean come on!” she states knowing if she does do that chances are the spirit would pull that but she doesn’t have that hold over Dauner. “Unless that might be too risky hmm. What do you think?” she asked Dauner unsure if he'd really support any of these justifications besides the one bad outcome.

Welp! That goes that! Dauner's moving speech wasn't able to overcome Eena's survival instincts. That meant there was only one way left. To beat her with facts. Dauner facepalmed, as he looked over to Eena.

"Girl, you really are a noob, aren't you?" he started. "Do you really think getting the reward and failing to help her will still get you a good reputation. One. If she returns to haunt this manor, then you'll be accused of fraud, cause you took the pay, but didn't solve the problem. Two. Don't forget she's in your body. She might as well be stuck with you if you can't help her. And three. She'd probably already aware of what you're planning. I mean, she was able to read your thoughts, remember? With all that said, I doubt you really have a choice at this point" he finished.

He then proceeded to the more encouraging facts. "You're also failing to see an important fact here, and that is, there might be wealth to be made in this adventure. I mean, any seasoned adventurer knows that unearthing 14 generations of a noble family's history is bound to lead us to a number of forgotten and ancient artifacts. Artifacts that could go for a pretty penny on the black market" he added.

Objectively speaking, he wasn't wrong. Although there was always a chance that other adventurers had been there before them and already claimed those artifacts, there was still the chance that they were still there. At the end of the day, the best way to find out, was to go searching.

Eena

• Dab
Eena looked nonplussed. She didn’t know what a noob was! Though she could tell he meant it as an insult. Everytime she had taken the path of least resistance it was safe, it was comfortable, and it usually didn’t come back to bite her in the arse. “He wouldn’t know that! It could’ve been anything that caused this place to go dangerous even the guide didn’t know ‘she’ was here! Though I’m not saying we should just you know do it that way I’m just suggesting that’s how we should play it. You know just make sure you get something outta this.” She piped up her justification and reasoning it wouldn’t be for sure that it was going to be viewed as their fault. Judging by the spirit she wasn’t going to tell them about it either, she’d just kill them. “Well I don’t think theres much here if that’s what your asking this is a summer mansion only things here are portraits, overdone gardens, and priceless antiques.” Just as she said it a vase would fall and crash as the spirit would look at it’s direction. “Eheh that wasn’t anything important right?” She asked as the spirit shook her head. “No not that it would matter this world is an illusion.” Karisa explained as Eena mutter out an “Oh right” at her deduction. ‘Well he’s right I can’t tell anything from her but she can read all my memories from top to bottom. Maybe I’m doing something wrong in this whole possession thing…Can’t focus on that now though.’ Eena thought turning back to Dauner.

“Then what are you suggesting we just rob this place? Most of the stuff here that’s worth anything is heavy and we only got two horses if they aren’t dead. Fighting her is also a bad idea for obvious reasons to my health! I think we should stick with my idea since it tries all avenues and we still get something out of it.” She reaffirmed but then had an idea though it was something she didn’t like doing…Especially what she knows from Dauner. “Hah…Alright if that doesn’t convince you. How about this…What will I have to do to get you to agree?” She stated offering a ‘favor’ something that most mercs didn’t like doing as it could put them in dangerous situations but judging by her ability to convince people Eena wasn’t putting much faith in her speaking skill.

"What is a noob anyway?" She also asked offhandedly.

• Smug
When Eena pointed to how there weren't anything of great value in the manor, Dauner facepalmed. It was pretty obvious that they weren't going to be doing their investigations in the manor only. This was something that could take across the land of the Rassau, bringing forth multiple opportunities. One was connections. Meeting somewhat important people could create new connections for him, helping him expand his information network. Also, studying the geopolitical terrain would prove fruitful, if and when he'd decide to lead the Sovereign Order in an invasion of Vel Anir. This wasn't likely to happen given the distance between them, but it was still a possibility.

Dauner felt like blurting out, 'I'll pay you', but that would only raise more questions in her head, of which he was sure was already full of questions. "If we need to rob someplace, it'll be the lord's vault" he blurted, before thinking about what he'd just said. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud". Dauner could just have Karisa reside in his body instead, but he didn't like the idea of having someone else's spirit in his body. That was why he needed Eena. But then again, he could just find someone else along the way and shift the possession from Eena to that person. Then make up some random story that would have that person join him in his search for Karisa's culprit.

Dauner would obviously have been more excited if he were travelling with a fellow thrill seeker, who was in it for the adventure, and not the reward. Or at least someone who thought of the means more than the end. Well, he had to do with what he had, and what he had, was Eena. So he needed to get some convincing done. Or strike a deal with Karisa, that wouldn't give Eena a choice. That was a possibility.

"A noob is a… well, you know. Someone who's new to something, but in a good way. Definitely not derogative or anything like that" he replied in one of the most unconvincing displays of explanation, to the point where it ended up sounding more like sarcasm than anything else. "And, well, the only favor I can think of right now, is one that ends in my bed", he shrugged, giving her suggestive glances.

Eena

• Thoughtful
The spirit merely waved her hand dismissively at Dauner. “It matters not to me. Whatever riches you fancy there are yours. Though you would be violating guest rights if you did and he would be within his rights to…Act accordingly.” Karisa explained knowing that could either mean being locked up or executed on the spot. Depending on the lords mood.

Eena's puppet face didn’t exactly have a positive look at Dauner’s explanation. “I’m sure it does…” She replied noticing his tone shift to being rather coy. Not like the first time she’d be slighted wouldn’t be the last. She found it was best to just move beyond it before she had dark thoughts of shooting him out of a trebuchet. However his reply to her favor was expected sadly… “You don’t believe in at least taking someone out before sleeping with them do you? Either way that’s a hard no.” She stated sighing mentally knowing what that means. ‘Where does that leave us oh right the impasse though he did say if we were robbing a place it would be the lords castle. Does that mean he agree’s with me even though I just wanted to explore the castle? Or he could’ve just said it offhandly hah…Then we just have to compromise somehow…’ The puppet crossed her arms looking at Dauner.

“Alright then how about this I lay my idea on that paper and you just add or edit out what you want to do on it and we’ll either go for it or talk it out.” She stated pointing to the paper and ink on the table over yonder. Yet when she tried to reach it she found her length was lacking. “EH! AH! Come on!” She yelled trying to reach the materials needed but found it fruitless. She sighed turning towards the spirit. “Um…A little help?” She begged as the spirit sighed lifting up one finger as the table was moved to her instantly. “Ah um thanks!” Eena said writing down on the paper with surprising speed. After finishing it she showed it to Dauner. The paper was lined with her ideas along with a title this is what it said.

Eena’s plan to solve the spirit problem!

Step One: Agree to the spirit request whilst demanding control of her body for the quest

Step Two: Leave the mansion and head back to the capitol to inform the Count of our success.

Step Three: Ask to stay at the Count’s castle using that time to try and find the thing that haunts the Rassau family.

Step Four: If we do find the thing causing the Rassau family’s problems do whatever it takes to get rid of it.

Step Five: If nothing can be found kindly thank the Count for his hospitality and inform the ghost that theres no more we can do for her.

Step Six: Make like the wind and travel back to less undeady lands and hope the Count doesn’t blame us once his mansion becomes haunted again. Hopefully also the spirit doesn’t tear my body limb from limb in her rage of us unable to solve her problem…

The last part caused her to dread what failure could mean for her. Sure the spirit seemed calmed now and was even or pretending to honor her promise not to interfere with their planning unless they talked to her directly. Yet she hadn't done anything terrible so she must have some trust in us. Eena's mind turned back to the plan if there was a compromise to be reached it’s better to well spell it all out and have your ally fill in the blanks. “Alrighty here.” She stated handing the ink pen to Dauner only to have it fall from his hands and to the floor staining it. She then noticed his ethereal body. “Ehehe…Well um you can move it with your mind or something right?” She asked hopeful.

• Smug
David grinned at Karisa's remark. "It's only a crime if you get caught. I'm more than experienced enough to pull it off without a hitch" he said. It wouldn't be the first time he paid a friendly visit to a vault. Though, it wasn't always for coin. Sometimes, it was for an artifact. Other times, it was for an item he took a fancy to. "Not trying to brag or anything, but I'm a veteran at this sort of thing" he added.

Eena's mention of a date, seemed to spark Dauner. "We can do that. Which do you prefer? A restaurant? Or a tavern? Or maybe the beach, or the seaside!" he continued throwing ideas at the wind, despite already knowing what answer he'd get.

After watching Eena write down her plan on a paper, she handed the quill over to him. He first gave a look at the quill, before deciding to humor her. It would be no surprise that the quill fell right through his hand. "Oops. I think I forgot I wasn't actually here!" he said with a bit of sarcasm in his tone. He followed Eena's suggestion and wave his finger, causing the quill to rise. He then moved his finger around in tiny gestures, causing the quill to follow suit. He only modified the sixth step because he thought it'd be fun.

Step Six: If we don't find anything, you are gonna get ripped to shreds! There's no if!

"Now that looks like a plan. I believe we now have an agreement" he finished, with a look of amusement on his face.

Eena