Open Chronicles In for a copper, in for a silver...

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Luc

The Unlucky
Character Biography
Link
Water... Cold... Freezing in the way that meant death. Stinging like a thousand stab wounds. The creeping sensation of deaths embrace, snaking up from the depths of regions no one dared to explore in a vain attempt to snatch ones soul from the cusp of life in the way a eel hunted from the safety of it's den, darting out only to retreat back down. There was a brilliance in the way it moved which was followed by the stark realization that it's brilliance laid in it's destructive nature. It was dangerous in the way a tornado was dangerous. A act of pure nature which was awesome in scope and unstoppable.

That was the reality of death after all. An act which was unstoppable... Well in theory. There were those who talents rest in necromancy, the act of bringing back that which had been taken... With the expected amount of rot of course...

This was the course his mind often took when the grip of death snaked it's way up his body and made it's home around his throat, heavy in the way it weighed against him. The brilliance of death. The finite number of breaths one was granted. Each step measured from birth to death's embrace. For in truth, everyone was dying the moment they took their first breath.

Breath...

Breathing...

Shit he was holding his breath again.

Luc gasped, not the death rattle of a man giving into the dark embrace but the way breath when fighting to live. He tore the sheets from his modest bed and sat up, clutching his chest. His vision swam in and out of focus as he sat there, making sense of the dream which haunted him.

"Almost die again did you?" Came the voice of his bunkmate. She chuckled from her bed beside his own and shook her head in amusement before speaking once more. "Nearly got out of my bed this time... Struggled for over a minute you did... Thought I might have to breath life back into you..."

Her voice was whimsical as well as her appearance, eyes dual toned, one gold one blue. Her hair, much like his own, had been black and dyed blue, and she was shapely despite wearing her loose fitting sleeping attire. Her lips were plump, nose sloped, long, yet still attractive still.

"Your excuse... For wanting to kiss me I bet." He croaked as he tried to catch his breath.

"Ha... You know these lips aren't met for you, cheeky bugger... I'd get the bloke at the front desk to do it.. The large fellow who smells of cheese." She went on, pausing to snicker.

"Thank you for concern Kara... Always the model citizen of this fine state you are." Luc went on, his tone dry as he looked from her to their shared room.

Old furniture... Old paint... Old beds. The room was old.. Musty... Humble living she once called it. It served it's purpose however. A place to lay his head at night with someone who more or less, could be trusted.

Legs swung over the side of his bed, Luc would spare a moment to stretch his lengthy limbs before he padded over to the window. From their, Alliria stretched out before him. A cold winters day did little to mask the scent of pungent fish that hovered in from the docks nor the gray over cast which painted the city state in such a colorful pallete.

"Another day in paradise eh?" Kara asked from her bed as she licked her finger and turned the page of the book balanced on her lap.

"Aye... Gunna pick a fight with someone... Some law folk I think." Luc said over his shoulder before his gaze returned back to the window.

"You spend your days in such strange ways.... Shouldn't expect you back for a few days then?" She pressed.

"Aye... Shouldn't be held up for more then two days at best." Luc replied as he went about getting dressed. "You know me... In for a copper, in for a silver."

"Good... Means I can have a lady friend over." Kara quickly replied with a wide grin.

"And I thought I was in for a fun time." Luc had a smirk on his face as his leather coat was drawn up and he readied himself for the day.

It had rained... Or maybe snowed. All Luc knew was his boots were covered in mud and sludge from the city streets proper. Despite it being cold, the streets were choked with all manner of folk from vendors selling wares to those with quick fingers reliving others of their purses.

Luc existed out of that bubble, a watcher by nature who simple enjoyed the show in front of him. Hands thrusted into his pockets, he tucked his face into his collar in a attempt to starve of the stink cold air while he hunted for a city guard, eyes scanning the crowd for his chance to make good on his promise of trouble.

"In for a copper, in for a silver..." He would mumble to himself as he pressed on.