Private Tales Hunting Grounds

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Masaru

The Bright Star
Character Biography
Link
"What's left for ones such as we, Ash, but to bask in the new and live to be free?" -Masaru

The great Dragon soared across the sky. Clouds like cotton moved beneath him like memories soft and visible but beyond his grasp. Something to be seen and never touched on again. His great wings beat now and then as he road the air currents over his hunting grounds. He had fed already but he still had to patrol. Even as forgiving as he was his possessive streak could not let him leave without ensuring what was his was still safe.

He dipped a wing and dropped slowly through a cloud and surveyed a portion of his domain. It was beautiful, familiar, but beautiful as ever. The high peaks stabbed into the sky as if challenging gods and men. The sweeping hills and dense forest spoke of welcome and yet mystery. He liked it this way. He kept it this way like a great garden groomed at his pleasure. And would continue to do so until he could go on no longer.

• Yay
Reactions: Faegard
I had always felt at home in the forest.

The winding path beneath my feet was rocky and uneven, moss and ferns providing a soft, cool carpet of green from which sprang islands of grey stone or brown tree roots. The trees themselves rose into the sky like thousands of mighty sentries, their branches extended out, surveying and protecting all the abundant life that lived within their canopy.

After a few hours of stumbling, I pulled myself to the side for a moment. A tunic and leggings I could live with, and the small pack of supplies I had to live with, but as I sat down on a rock, sweeping my hair to one side, I leaned down and removed my shoes. After tying the leather ties together and fixing them to the outside of my pack, I resumed trekking along the path.

Ah, so much better! It was more than just my balance that had improved now that my bare feet danced over rocks and bushes, but I felt... more connected, more in tune with the place. A sigh of content bubbled up from my chest, my next breath filling my very core with a tingling warmth and acceptance. I imagined this was the feeling Papa got when he slumped in front of the fire after a long winters' day. But me? I only got it out here, in the forest.

Almost suddenly, there was a break in the trees, the path ahead of me spilling out into a clearing through which bubbled a glittering serpent of water, snaking trickling over smooth rocks and a small fallen log into a cascading little waterfall. Above, the sky was clear of trees and the sun beat down upon my skin. For a moment I stopped, coming to my knees by the stream. The pack slid from my shoulders and I collecting my waterskin from inside. Uncorking it, I dipped the mouth into the cool waters. Surely no one would mind if I took a little river water for myself, right?

• Love
Reactions: Masaru
The great dragon passed across his lands, sapphire eyes gleamed with pleasure as he flew low over the tree tops. The smell of fresh rain flowed in his wake. His scent was the only thing he couldn't change when he altered his shape. Not that he would want it to change. His long tongue tasted the air and the desire to go to a stream and take a swim stuck him with the taste of mountain water on the air. Yes, he would enjoy that greatly.

With barely a thought to anything else he altered his course toward a small rocky stream that ran through a clearing. He caught another scent as he drew closer to his destination. It was a scent he had not smelled recently, a Fae scent and not a common Fae. He became curious, and those that knew him would know his curiosity was something he always indulged. He flew upstream so as to not spook whomever it may be and landed beside the stream. His form quickly changed to a sliver-white haired humanoid with large blue eyes. Lean and well muscled he moved to a trot toward the source of the smell.

As he drew closer he slowed and began moving quietly. As he peered he watched the small young Fae as she sat by the steam. The cool mountain water splashed against her bare feet. Her dark hair draped across her back and shoulders like a tapestry on a temple wall. She was a lovely little thing and the desire to go closer and meet her swelled in his chest.

He stood and walked toward the young woman and took a seat on a stone on the opposite bank so as not to startle her over much.

"Lovely day for a walk through the forest, no?" He said his voice light as he dangled his bare feet into the refreshing cold of the water.

• Love
Reactions: Faegard
The sun glistened in the water as it cascaded over the rocks. The pleasant breeze caressed my skin, carrying the enchanting bouquet of fir and pine. How could anyone choose to be anywhere else but here? I shifted slightly to sit on a smooth rock while my waterskin filled, glancing briefly skyward where the shadow of undoubtedly some sort of bird passed swiftly overhead.

By the time I pulled my waterskin up from the stream and corked it, I sensed... a shift in the air, almost a reverence. Before I could investigate, however, a voice broke through the quiet ambience of the forest. With a squeak and a start, I glanced up.

Across the stream from me, seated upon a flat rock, reclined the most enchanting man I'd ever seen. His hair was long, silvery white like the sun reflected in the stream between us. Large blue eyes were fixed upon me, gleaming like sapphire gems. He was lean, but muscular, and his gaze was fixed upon me.

I sheepishly hugged the waterskin to my chest, blushing as I took a moment to still my racing heart.

"Isn't it ever?" I replied finally, my own voice threaded with a timid chuckle, "pardon my start, Ser, I didn't expect to see anyone else out here."

• Love
Reactions: Masaru