Private Tales Homework and bloodshed.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“Sit.” She instructed and the girl did so. She seemed to hold a certain caution with Gwen even more so than her nature and history would suggest as a student not used to being in an office for anything but reviving award or praise.

Almost like she understood the danger..The extracurricular reading she had been looking at lately..

“Yes ma’am..” Bella said hesitantly..
When Bella entered the room Gilgamesh seemed to tense slightly. It seemed that she didn't have any little demons sitting on her shoulder, just a little guilt... As if she hadn't read those books she took. Gilgamesh regarded her as one would a poisonous serpent behind glass.

The girl was quiet and submissive, portraying the ideal student in nearly any situation, one that doesn't cause trouble, one who's not loud or disruptive in class, one who looks like the ideal woman that a future husband might want.
But out of the three students they've interviewed, her crime was the most heinous.
<"Miss Vollmund... Be wary of her.
She knows about this school, she will admit to any subtle offense even if she is innocent, and will take whatever punishment so that she could leave as quickly as possible-"

He paused for a moment to consider the ramifications of his next words very carefully. He wanted to say 'Question her thoroughly, learn everything she knows.'
And thus she would finally know everything he wanted to tell her...
<"- Reprimand her for the theft, show her that we know of her involvement in the insurrection... We shouldn't tip our hand too soon.">

He had to tell her himself... He had to do it just right so that when the final vail is dropped she won't be in unnecessary danger... She was like a hostage without chains, the more she knew about him and the closer she came to his heart, the more danger she was in.
It was a curse, a contract he couldn't escape... Until now.
Everything had to go smoothly and according to plan... He couldn't spring the truth on her all at once.
_____________________________​

“What do you mean?” Angelica hissed. “I am no daughter to that demon. No..” Her grin returned. “I am something much worse.” She giggled.
Gina thought about that for a moment... Actually, even Headmistress Heticate looked like Gwendolyn, it was a disconcerting realization... But worse than the Headmistress?
She shivered and clung tighter to Marie... They were in way over their heads here... But Marie always knew what to do, she'd figure it out and make everything alright.

He removed his hand from Heticate's shoulder as her wound closed.
<"Tell me how you were actually wounded, what happened?">
“Something beyond my power to hold much of even a candle to father. They were on me so..fast..” Heticate said finally. A hint of frustration and wounded pride entering her tone.
<"Miss Vollmund... Be wary of her.
She knows about this school, she will admit to any subtle offense even if she is innocent, and will take whatever punishment so that she could leave as quickly as possible-"
Gwen slowly nodded. “So it seems you were caught in the possession of books of a restricted nature were you not?” She said curtly as the girl slowly nodded. “Yes ma’am. I spok-.” Gwen cut her off with a wave of her hand.

“I didn’t ask if you had spoken to anyone already about this incident. I simply asked of your guilt.” She snipped. Bella closing her mouth and nodding once more.

<"- Reprimand her for the theft, show her that we know of her involvement in the insurrection... We shouldn't tip our hand too soon.">
“I will not tolerate thieves in this school.”
Gwen said sternly. “I understand ma’am.” Bella said nodding profusely. “Any punishment you see fit will be more than fair.” She said already seeming ready to leave. “Not so fast young one.” Gwen said as Bella found herself pulled back into her seat.

“I would also like to discuss the subject matter of the books you were reading..” Gwen said leaning forward in her chair. “No lies now. I tolerate liars far less than I tolerate thieves..” Gwen said with a slight growl entering her tone.

“I can deal with an honest thief, but a lying thief..Well..” she selected an elegant quill from a selection on her desk. It shriveled to ash is a puff of shadows and acrid smoke.

• Wonder
Reactions: Amadeus Greywood
“Something beyond my power to hold much of even a candle to, father. They were on me so... fast..."
That was certainly an accomplishment to overpower Heticate and wound her so deeply. But Gilgamesh had already surmised that either her attackers we're incredibly strong or incredibly lucky. It was less impressive if they outnumbered her only for her to survive with an injury.
<"Tell me about them. No details are insignificant.">

He watched the girl, her reactions to the questions.
She was certainly unassuming, that was probably why she was transferred here from Alliria, she had a talent for fading into the background... If not for everything she now knew, he might have recommended her to advance into the special training program... She was an even more effective manipulator than Marie, moreso because she was able to move people from the shadows without being detected and without letting anyone know they were being manipulated.

Still a novice, but an excellent start... Except that she decided to use her gifts in subterfuge against them. Loyalty was key.
They had to deliver their message loud and clear to this resistance, they were taking this war seriously and the endgame was approaching fast. They wouldn't learn anything from this girl that Gilgamesh didn't already know, unless she were to suddenly decide to reveal everything, including who told her where to look to find those books.

After this meeting he wanted these students to be on guard and cautious, unsure of themselves and each other. The manipulation games would commence, an information war, a contest of subterfuge.
And he will draw out his enemy, inch by agonizing inch, kicking and screaming if he had to... And he will kill them.

But to get to the enemy, they had to get through his puppets.
They made Marie a trap of her own actions catching up with her.
They made Gina doubt herself and their chances of the rebellion being a success.
But with Bella, they needed to misdirect her, underplay their threat so that she will underestimate them. Be exactly what she expects, some sort of covert recruiting sect for a criminal guild but obviously not as skilled and competent as herself.

Marie will try to beat them.
Gina will overestimate them.
And Bella will underestimate them.

And Angela, wherever she was, whatever she was doing, she will show up at the worst possible moment and try to kill them all.

“It..It was Jexa..By my account..At least I thought they were but she was..Too perfect. Like someone had only seen her from the right side and simply duplicated it on the left. It was too..symmetrical..” Heticate said.

“They acted just like her..But when I..Well..You know how I get around her..” Heticate admitted.

A blush having nothing to do with the shame of her defeat now flooding her porcelain cheeks further. “But rather than her usual aloofness to my advances..She returned them..Readily. Like they were playing a role..This coupled with her strangely off appearance..” She shrugged.

Her father could guess.

“We clashed when she fully turned and I noticed the illusion. She..They..could keep up with me.” Heticate continued. Fear entering her tone.

“The fight drew out. They snatched the quills from my desk and began disabling my limbs one by one until I was helpless. My security came to support me, but..Well my captains the only one left and she could die at any moment really..” Heticate continued.

A blush of shame creeping into her cheeks. “The quills must have been planted there because they were imbued with holy energy..” She whispered almost to herself.

“After my security was down they..drew a knife and..” a tear ran down her cheek at the memory which she deftly wiped away with a move so sly only the sharpest eye would have noticed it was any more than a pause for a breath. Always strong. Never defeatist.

“They stabbed my shoulder slowly..Like they enjoyed my cries of agony..I tried to hold them in but the holy energy was too much to not elicit an outburst..” She reported.

“They continued to torture me for a few more minutes. Painful cuts but, nothing ever vital.” The demon still seemed unsettled recalling it. “They finally held the blade to my throat..But..They would not make the cut.” The teacher adjusted her glasses as her hand graced a small white line even Gwen’s keen eye had missed.

“They stared into my eyes..like they enjoyed the feeling of that moment more than anything. Like killing me would end it..So They took their leave as my captain recovered and together we could force a retreat..but..” She cut off again. Still not making eye contact with her father before she finally glanced up. Her eyes meeting his.

“They let me live. And they chose to leave.” She finished. “And if they could look like Jexa they could look like anyone..”

Just then there was a knock at her door..
“So no games Miss. We are not ones to be stolen from and lied to.” She said with a slight growl everything her stern tone.
“The truth?” The girl suddenly seemed far less innocent.

The scared, and innocent gleam in her eye vanishing. Replaced with something else...The room around them faded as the glass used for viewing was blacked out along with the room.

It was Jexa. “Ms.Kina is here.” She said shortly gesturing to the timid girl she had following her..She was the spitting image of..The girl that had been...Was in the room with Gwen..

The glass went black.. “Jexa!” Was all Heticate had time to say before the walls were blown away.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
“It... It was Jexa... By my account... At least I thought they were, but she was... Too perfect. Like someone had only seen her from the right side and simply duplicated it on the left. It was too... symmetrical...” Heticate said.

“They acted just like her... But when I... Well... You know how I get around her...” Heticate admitted.

A blush having nothing to do with the shame of her defeat now flooding her porcelain cheeks further. “But rather than her usual aloofness to my advances... She returned them... Readily. Like they were playing a role... This coupled with her strangely off appearance...” She shrugged.

Her father could guess.
So, an illusion of Jexa attacked her, that would explain why Heticate let her guard down. Especially when she first joined the family; Heticate was practically an ornament hanging on Jexa. Part of his decision to allow Heticate to live all the way out here in Vel Anir to administrate their special school was to keep them apart, Jexa was an obvious weakness that Heticate couldn't overcome, and now it seems that weakness was finally used against her.
“We clashed when she fully turned, and I noticed the illusion. She... They... could keep up with me.” Heticate continued. Fear entering her tone.

“The fight drew out. They snatched the quills from my desk and began disabling my limbs one by one until I was helpless. My security came to support me, but... Well, my captains the only one left and she could die at any moment really...” Heticate continued.

A blush of shame creeping into her cheeks. “The quills must have been planted there because they were imbued with holy energy...” She whispered almost to herself.
That was typical. He was confident now; it was the enemy and no one else. He knew what that creature could do and infusing objects with holy magic on a whim was a basic practice for his kind, anything in their hands was a holy weapon to slay demons and other dark beings born of evil.
“After my security was down, they... drew a knife and..” a tear ran down her cheek at the memory which she deftly wiped away with a move so sly only the sharpest eye would have noticed it was any more than a pause for a breath. Always strong. Never defeatist.

“They stabbed my shoulder slowly... Like they enjoyed my cries of agony... I tried to hold them in, but the holy energy was too much to not elicit an outburst...” She reported.

“They continued to torture me for a few more minutes. Painful cuts but, nothing ever vital.” The demon still seemed unsettled recalling it. “They finally held the blade to my throat... But... They would not make the cut.” The teacher adjusted her glasses as her hand graced a small white line even Gwen’s keen eye had missed.

“They stared into my eyes... like they enjoyed the feeling of that moment more than anything. Like killing me would end it... So, they took their leave as my captain recovered and together, we could force a retreat... but...” She cut off again. Still not making eye contact with her father before she finally glanced up. Her eyes meeting his.

“They let me live. And they chose to leave.” She finished. “And if they could look like Jexa they could look like anyone...”
This... Now this was news indeed, he did not expect that... The cruelty used to harm Heticate, it wasn't like the enemy, that wasn't their pattern, it wasn't how the enemy operated or anyone like them. In nearly every aspect they have been the antithesis to everything that was Gilgamesh.
Whenever he lied; they revealed the truth.
Whenever he killed ruthlessly; they would spare a life.
Whenever he advanced, they retreated; whenever he retreated, they advanced.
Whenever he would maim and cause suffering; they brought healing and solace.

And now the pattern was changing... Although not for the first time.
The first time their pattern changed, it was when they vowed to destroy anyone who got close to him... Thus, cursing him to betray those closest to his heart for all eternity.
But now... They were adapting and it couldn't have come at a better time... He almost smiled to himself; the enemy had made a mistake at last!

His moment of victory was short lived.
Just then there was a knock at her door...
“So, no games Miss. We are not ones to be stolen from and lied to.” She said with a slight growl everything her stern tone.
“The truth?” The girl suddenly seemed far less innocent.

The scared, and innocent gleam in her eye vanishing. Replaced with something else...The room around them faded as the glass used for viewing was blacked out along with the room.

It was Jexa. “Ms. Kina is here.” She said shortly gesturing to the timid girl she had following her... She was the spitting image of... The girl that had been... Was in the room with Gwen...

The glass went black... “Jexa!” Was all Heticate had time to say before the walls were blown away.
When the door opened again, and he saw Jexa with another Miss Bella Kina standing in the doorway to the office... He saw the shift in the demeanor of the first Bella... And only had time to throw himself over Heticate before the mirror went dark and the room exploded around them. Holy magic seared his body as the blast blew out the mirror and destroyed the office. He grunted as the agonizing waves of holy light and glass burned him and caused his form to shift and waver.

As the dust settled, there was no longer a man in his late sixties protecting Heticate with his body, but a young man with waist length straight black hair, smooth porcelain skin, and sharp features that were currently clenched in agony from the sever hit he took. Deep brown eyes opened with concern in them, as if this new person holding Gilgamesh's cane actually had emotions for the girl he was protecting.
"Heticate, are you... hurt?"
Even his voice wasn't the same, younger, he was a completely different person.

The real Amadeus Greywood, his suit singed, and his brace twisted and warped around his leg, planted his cane against the floor and used it to stand while also giving Heticate a hand up.
"Miss... Miss Vollmu- Ah screw it - Gwendolyn! Gwen, are you alright? Answer me!"
He stood unsteadily and called into the destruction; the twisted metal of his brace pierced his leg in several places, but he put his weight on it anyways, refusing to crumple under the pain.
He scanned the room, looking for signs of life, including Jexa.

“I...I’m fine..” Heticate managed. Her eyes lost in her fathers new kinder gaze.

“ You saved me..” She said pulling him closer before she blinked. Her father of decades was gone. Before her stood a man completely different. Her fathers scent and energy covered him, but there was something different.. like Heticate had been handling him with gloves this entire time and could finally feel him truly with no barriers no matter how thin.

"Jexa!" The demon hybrid would pale (if that were possible) further and race to the last spot she had seen the woman only to find her protecting Bella with her frame.

"Jexa!" Heticate said dropping beside her and cradling her head opening her mouth to ensure she wasnt choking on dust or blood.

"Are you..Wait!" Heticate would exclaim as Jexa would wordlessly stand with a short nod of thanks before she was by her fathers side.. If she had noticed a change she had not made comment other than a slight double take before her laser focused mind channeled its beam on the new target.

Finding Gwen.

But the broker was no where to be found.

As if she had vanished. Jexa would enter the wrecked room through the hole the two way mirror left when it shattered. Heticate had pulled Bella aside and after ensuring she was uninjured was also at her fathers side.

"Mother..Has Jexa found.." The woman returned looking grim and empty handed. Both sisters grimy and injured looking to their father as the world smoked and crumbled around them. "Father..What is going on..." Heticate said at a simple loss. Jexa mirroring the sentiment with a shrug to her father.

• Cthuloo
proxy.php
Heticate was safe, that was good. The holy energy didn't reach her, she wasn't burned.
His brace grinded as he moved, making abnormal sounds very unlike the regular squeal and click. He stepped into the room; everything was destroyed.
Heticate went to the door and found Jexa, she was unharmed, the holy light wouldn't have harmed her, she possessed his power, but she wasn't a demon by nature.

He ignored their surprise for now, there were far more important things to focus on. Heticate and Jexa were fine... Gwendolyn was all that mattered now.
But the broker was nowhere to be found.

As if she had vanished. Jexa would enter the wrecked room through the hole the two-way mirror left when it shattered. Heticate had pulled Bella aside and after ensuring she was uninjured was also at her father's side.

"Mother... Has Jexa found..." The woman returned looking grim and empty handed. Both sisters grimy and injured looking to their father as the world smoked and crumbled around them. "Father... What is going on..." Heticate said at a simple loss. Jexa mirroring the sentiment with a shrug to her father.
Gwendolyn was gone... She wasn't here.
Gilgamesh... No, Amadeus felt pain in his soul... The same pain was present when he stabbed her in the back.
"What is going on...?"

Amadeus stood like a tree, rooted to the floor with his head bowed and his hair fallen forward over his face. His breath was labored and seething, but not from the pain. Anger was rising up in his heart.
"I suppose it is no use hiding it anymore... Now you are in as much danger as Gwendolyn... My daughters..."
He looked up at both of them.
"There is an enemy... Not Angelica, one that has cursed my existence since the day I chose to live among mortals..."
He waved his hand across the room, and slowly the rubble started to rise. Furniture righted and repaired itself, chunks of wall re-fused in their proper place, bits of ceiling reattached, the glass mirror reformed as it was.
Before long the room was back to normal, except that Gwendolyn and the false Bella were no longer there.
"I am sure your mother told you about what happened between us... How I stabbed her in the back and dropped her off a cliff... My hand was forced by this enemy, who has cursed me to betray those I hold dear... Who, even now this curse forbids me from revealing their true name and nature. Had I not betrayed Gwendolyn and forced her to hate me, they would have killed her themselves and been more thorough."

Blood seeped down his leg and dripped on the floor, leaving bloody footprints every time he took a step. He walked across the floor to the interrogation chair and sat down.
"I have built my web of lies to protect you all, to keep you at a distance and therefor safe from the enemy... But it seems that this is the day where my web comes crashing down, and you whom I truly love are put in danger... I would ask for your forgiveness, but I deserve none. I can reveal nothing more except that I love your mother with every fiber of my being, and I will stop at nothing to see my chosen returned to my side and my enemy finally slain."
A wave of pain tore through his leg and he clenched his teeth, the metal brace glowed white hot and melted, dripping hot metal to the floor and allowing his leg to heal... Not completely, but he no longer bled.

Amadeus stood like a tree, rooted to the floor with his head bowed and his hair fallen forward over his face. His breath was labored and seething, but not from the pain. Anger was rising up in his heart.
"I suppose it is no use hiding it anymore... Now you are in as much danger as Gwendolyn... My daughters..."
"F-father.." Heticate began to move to comfort him hearing the labor in his voice but Jexa silently halted her with a hand on her shoulder and a silent shake of her head.

Heticate heard the labor.

Jexa heard the anger.

He looked up at both of them.
"There is an enemy... Not Angelica, one that has cursed my existence since the day I chose to live among mortals..."
He waved his hand across the room, and slowly the rubble started to rise. Furniture righted and repaired itself, chunks of wall re-fused in their proper place, bits of ceiling reattached, the glass mirror reformed as it was.
Before long the room was back to normal, except that Gwendolyn and the false Bella were no longer there.
"An enemy.." Heticates mind raced. In all her years they had never truly faught any enemy like this...Even in the early days...She glanced at Jexa pointedly as if to inquire what SHE knew about all of this..Receiving the same confused expression Heticate herself now wore.
"I am sure your mother told you about what happened between us... How I stabbed her in the back and dropped her off a cliff... My hand was forced by this enemy, who has cursed me to betray those I hold dear... Who, even now this curse forbids me from revealing their true name and nature. Had I not betrayed Gwendolyn and forced her to hate me, they would have killed her themselves and been more thorough."
They both nodded. Mother had told them, and yet now in the aftermath of these revelations, a patteren began to form in their minds. His behaviours begiinning to make more sense. They didnt truly beileve their father. Everything he had ever done had only driven this point home, but with such deadly enemies and ground breaking revelations they were starting to believe him very quickly if not still some what on guard.
"I have built my web of lies to protect you all, to keep you at a distance and therefor safe from the enemy... But it seems that this is the day where my web comes crashing down, and you whom I truly love are put in danger... I would ask for your forgiveness, but I deserve none. I can reveal nothing more except that I love your mother with every fiber of my being, and I will stop at nothing to see my chosen returned to my side and my enemy finally slain."
A wave of pain tore through his leg and he clenched his teeth, the metal brace glowed white hot and melted, dripping hot metal to the floor and allowing his leg to heal... Not completely, but he no longer bled.
"Well I agree..It seems that day would be today.." Heticate muttered still trying to wrap her head around things when she felt it. Jexa was already almost out of the door ahead of her. For the briefest moment bith sisters had felt her presence...Smelled her scent...And it was still in the building..Heticate locked every nook and cranny with a wave of her hand. Red torchlight would light the now darkened hallways as students were rushed to their dorms. It was just a drill no need to panic...

They came to a black door leading to the old dungeon of the castle fortress the school had been added onto and built on top of. The dungeon had remained. Once a hellish prison to the worst in the area now a schools storage warehouse.

It wasnt ideal but they had gotten rid of most of the chains...

and bodies...

Leaving nothing but the faded blood stained stone as evidence of its dark history.

They were down there.. The entrance there was locked better than most as it was usually locked and barred to begin with before the extra protections..

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Amadeus caught the scent and sense at the same moment they did. Immediately he was out of his seat, following his daughters... Slowly, his leg, even though apparently healed, still possessed a perpetual limp and he used his cane to help keep his balance as he half-skipped down the halls after them.

His youthful face was set in a determined scowl, ignoring the students they passed in the hall. His fist white knuckled the head of his cane as he finally caught up to them at the black door.
There was no doubt they were being lured into a trap, but the bait was Gwen... A more effective trap couldn't have been arranged.
"... We are coming for you Gwen... Do not give in."
He whispered harshly.
"Unlock it or destroy it, we do not have time for th-"
... Wait, that's right, they didn't have time... No time to lie, no time to pretend...
He drew back and sent his fist straight through the door. Whatever it was made of would melt or explode into flames and shrapnel as hellfire wreathed his hand.

He would kick down the rest of the door with his good leg and step through, descending the steps as quickly as he could.

-------------------------------------------------
Deep beneath the school, in the repurposed dungeons, quite an elaborate setup was prepared.
Gwendolyn would awaken to blinding lights all around her until her eyes could adjust...
The final chamber in the dungeon. It was a large and wide open space... Perfect for a climactic showdown.

It was arranged like an arena, with Gwen against the opposite wall. She was shackled to the wall, but the chains weren't what held her captive... A strong and imposing will oppressed her body, compelled her to not attempt to escape...

And, naturally, she wasn't alone.

A man was in the room with her... Or what her oppressed senses could only assume was a man. His features were fair, his face like a work of art, his long platinum blond hair reached his shoulders and was only bound back by a silver circlet. He was dressed in noble dueling attire, whites embroidered with yellows and golds. He only had light armoring, a pauldron on his sword arm, a pair of steel bracers, and steel greaves on his thighs.
He had a rapier on his hip, it had a hilt decorated like steel and gold wings. Everything he wore seemed to radiate holy magic and added to the confusion that weighed on her mind.

The man approached her, not a hint of fear or hesitation in his steps.
When he spoke, his voice was both loud and a whisper in her ears.
"You're finally awake... That took longer than I expected."
He put his face close to hers but just out of reach.
"I thought you would be harder to capture, since you are HIS right hand and closest to his heart, I had even considered taking Heticate or Jexa instead because I thought you would be more trouble than you were worth... But no, a sleeping little angel."

• Stressed
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
Bright lights met her eyes as she squinted against it. This presence..It tore at her very soul. Her hazy greys eventually adjusted. Her head hurt..

The man approached her, not a hint of fear or hesitation in his steps.
When he spoke, his voice was both loud and a whisper in her ears.
"You're finally awake... That took longer than I expected."

“Sorry to disappoint.” Gwen snipped back. “But on the bright side you get to join a very short list of men that I disappointed. With you added that makes two. You and my father.” She quippped still trying to control her fear as it threatened to bubble inside her.

He put his face close to hers but just out of reach.
"I thought you would be harder to capture, since you are HIS right hand and closest to his heart, I had even considered taking Heticate or Jexa instead because I thought you would be more trouble than you were worth... But no, a sleeping little angel."
The fear quickly turned to boiling anger at the sound of her childrens names. Her teeth clench as she growled.

“You did well not to touch my daughters.” She hissed. How did he even know their names…This was no theatrical rival, or wannabe criminal.

This was a huge threat.

She gnashed her bared teeth as he came close. Biting down on air as he hovered just out of reach. Close enough to feel the exhaled breath from his nose on her lips as she bit down. Her eyes darkened to twin black pits. “If you think you..Ahh!”

Her eyes burned for a moment. Blood trickling from them like tears as the darkness left them. She had not yet met his eyes until the oppression forced her to look into them.

She thought a sudden push could throw off what pressed her to the wall now. She had been wrong. “So what now then hm?” She spat sarcastically.

“Sorry to disappoint.” Gwen snipped back. “But on the bright side you get to join a very short list of men that I disappointed. With you added that makes two. You and my father.”
He grinned, a grin of perfect teeth that held an edge to it.
He chuckled a little at her words, "A joke? How delightful! I am so glad you can remain objective about this."
“You did well not to touch my daughters.”
He shook his head condescendingly as he sobered up.
"Nay, I did not make that decision because I feared you as an enraged mother and opponent. Everything has to do with... What does he call himself now? Amadeus? No, he's been going by that mortals name, Gilgamesh! Anyhow, HE loves your "daughters" very much... But he built an empire with you."
His face lost its edge and he simply looked at her as a man, with pity and even remorse.
“If you think you..Ahh!”
He shook his head sadly at her attempt to escape. As if her pain caused him pain.
"My dear child, apologies, I'll take this and you won't be experiencing that sort of agony again."
With that, and without hesitation, he reached into her chest by her heart. It was painless, his hand had become ethereal and simply passed through her body leaving no injury.
When he withdrew his hand he was holding a small black lump with several writhing tentacles. He had to pull with some effort, since the tentacles were embedded deeply in her body, but ultimately she had chosen to weaken her gifts from Gilgamesh, so this "seed" was weak and its roots broke easily... Leaving her bereft of Gilgamesh's powers, but also his weakness to holy magic.

-----------------------------
Amadeus tracked her by her presence... But in a gut wrenching moment... Her presence and their connection, abruptly ended.

Last edited:
  • Stressed
He shook his head sadly at her attempt to escape. As if her pain caused him pain.
"My dear child, apologies, I'll take this and you won't be experiencing that sort of agony again."
With that, and without hesitation, he reached into her chest by her heart. It was painless, his hand had become ethereal and simply passed through her body leaving no injury.

She remained silent through much of his monologue.

She did as she always did. Watched and listened. Observed and memorized.

She knew the steaks but she gasped despite her silence as this man plunged his hand into her body reaching into her.

Her expression going from one of confusion to absolutely terrified as she felt him take hold of the darkness.

She would grab his arm with an iron grip despite his skin burning her hands.

Her shadows struggling to defend her. “No…You..Can’t..” She whimpered. The deal..

She had served Amadeus for some time as a mercenary until one night after a successful job they drank together as they often did. It was then he had asked her a question.

“What are things you want in life Gwendolyn..” He asked casually as he often did. A drunken Gwen stared at the wall for a moment blinking slowly.

“I..I always wanted children..” She whispered. Like the very admittance was a silly fantasy.

“But doctors say…Well. Some think it’s side effects from my days in my coven, some think it’s the drinking..Bottom line..Not happening. And honestly. Who would even raise them with me…I dunno..” Gwen would say with a sigh.

“Besides solutions don’t just come knocking..And spells to fix it are hit or miss..So I..” She stopped as he simply took her hand. A glint in his eye that he always got when things were going to..change..

She held the arm in place. Bloody tears streaming down her cheeks. “I won’t let you..Take…The only thing I ever wanted.” She hissed through labored breaths.

When he withdrew his hand he was holding a small black lump with several writhing tentacles. He had to pull with some effort, since the tentacles were embedded deeply in her body, but ultimately she had chosen to weaken her gifts from Gilgamesh, so this "seed" was weak and its roots broke easily... Leaving her bereft of Gilgamesh's powers, but also his weakness to holy magic.

Before finally she relented. The hand withdrawing. “N-no..” She whimpered. “Ill kill you..ILL KILL YOU!” She shrieked struggling before finally hanging still. Red streaks running down her face.

“Come now mother. Empty threats are just wasted breath.” Came a chirpy reply Angelica landed silently and emerged from the shadows. Now in her combat armor. Her eyes never left Gwen and never stopped burning with hatred.

“They are almost here. Just as you planned.” She would say with a bow.

“You do remember our agreement correct?” She asked respectfully glancing at Gwen. “It should be over before they arrive.”

“Going to gut me here while I’m restrained coward?” Gwen asked with a harsh laugh. Angelica returned it with a smirk.

The will oppressing Gwen would fade allowing her to drop to the ground. Angelica would shed her weapons and crack her knuckles.

Gwen would pull her self up slowly with a groan she couldn’t help but utter. Angelica’s smile grew all the more smug.

“Without Fathers power your barely a threat. And I found someone who could level the playing field and they were all to happy to throw me the scraps..I..” She stopped as the sound of people entering the arena

“You do remember our agreement, correct?” She asked respectfully glancing at Gwen. “It should be over before they arrive.”

“Going to gut me here while I’m restrained coward?” Gwen asked with a harsh laugh. Angelica returned it with a smirk.
The glowing stranger raised a hand to cut them off, still staring at the pitiful writhing lump in his palm that was currently disintegrating.
"The right moment will present itself, my child... But certainly not before HE has arrived to see it, believing he still had the power to stop it."

He knelt down and presented the ashes to Gwendolyn.
"Out of all of the daughters... Your seed was the weakest. If you wanted it so badly, why did you fight it so hard for so long? It might have made you strong enough to challenge me now, even enough to resist my will. Did you think you were hurting HIM by doing so? Punishing HIM for what he did to you as if anything you did could reach him through his web of lies..."
“Without Fathers power your barely a threat. And I found someone who could level the playing field and they were all to happy to throw me the scraps... I...” She stopped as the sound of people entering the arena
The stranger stood up and turned around as Amadeus, Heticate and Jexa entered the arena.
"Finally..."

The voice of Amadeus rang out across the room.
"Zacharias!"

"Amadeus, was it? It's about time you arrived, you were taking so long, I thought I'd become better acquainted with your bride."
Amadeus stepped into the arena, his cane tapping against the floor... Without that iconic squeal of his leg brace it seemed like his stride was off... But it certainly still seemed out of place for one who appeared so young to be using a cane to walk.
He stopped in the middle of the room, the light emitting from Zacharias catching his pale features and seemed to make him glow.

Zacharias smiled, his sickeningly genuine smile of care and compassion while Amadeus glowered at him, his cane planted in front of him and his stance wide and defiant.
"You broke our contract, "Amadeus". You didn't kill her when you were supposed to, sure you fulfilled the letter of our contract, she was certainly very much betrayed by you... But in the spirit of our contract, you failed to uphold your end of the bargain-"
Zacharias placed his hand on his sword but didn't yet draw it.
"- Or have you forgotten your crimes already, and why you were cursed in the first place? By letting her live you saved yourself the pain of loss that I... That all of us felt when you killed Kaxia."
Amadeus stood still as a statue, head held high, and eyes filled with rage... Which, for some reason, seemed to unsettle the bright man just a bit. And that moment of hesitation was all Amadeus needed.

"The contract is over. I found a way out... It can no longer protect you or your comrades from me. For a millennium you've plagued me with my guilt and this contract, that I shall forever betray those I hold dear as punishment for the betrayal you accused me of..."
He spoke loudly and purposely. For one to make sure that Gwendolyn heard every word, and that she would finally know the truth... But also, to distract from the simultaneous conversation he held mentally with Heticate and Jexa.

"Do not engage Zacharias, he is beyond your powers, but he will kill you to hurt me. Flank Angelica and protect Gwendolyn, she's nearly as weak as any mortal right now."

"... The contract is now void... You face me alone now. I would suggest fleeing for your life, but one way or another it will end here on this stage that you have created."
He looked past Zacharias.
"Angelica... Do you recognize me, sweetheart?"
He grinned and chuckled evilly.
"Since I am finally free to speak truth, I am Amadeus, I am Gilgamesh, I am The Father you knew... And you, are the disappointment that couldn't see beyond her own delusions, even now you cannot see the hopelessness of your situation."
He turned his attention back to Zacharias and his eyes turned red; the sclera turned inky black leaving his irises to glow with a baleful red light... The eyes of a devil.
His voice dropped demonically low and echoed around the room.
"Because I am going to kill you both for hurting my family."

Last edited:
  • Wonder
Gwen did hear every word. It did not change how she felt...Only that it made sense. Her mind was already working into over drive. She heard the words and absorbed them. How she felt about them could be decided later over a cup of tea...She watched the fight brewing before her....Actually maybe a glass of wine....

"Angelica... Do you recognize me, sweetheart?"
He grinned and chuckled evilly.
"Since I am finally free to speak truth, I am Amadeus, I am Gilgamesh, I am The Father you knew... And you, are the disappointment that couldn't see beyond her own delusions, even now you cannot see the hopelessness of your situation."
Maybe two glasses.

Angelica froze as she seemed to finally take in her fathers new appearance. "The snake sheds its crusty older skin. You sharing the same quality surprises me little father." She said though the barbed tone had a hint of respectful fear. Powerful or not Amadeus was still her father...no matter how hard she tried to forget...

"Now to.." She turned to find Gwen gone? "Oh no you dont." She hissed grabbing at the air as it swished past her and caught Heticate by the neck slamming her to the ground.

Gwen in her arms. "I was always faster than you." The blonde snickered. Turning to catch a kick Jexa was sending hurtling towards her head. Halting the woman with enough force for a light wave of force could be felt.

"You on the other hand Jexa.." She smirked seizing Heticate by the ankle. While holding Jexa in place she would swing Heticate like a club, sending her smashing into Jexa. The force of the blow wresting Gwen from the demons arms leaving her to land weakly on the ground in a heap. "M-Mother!" Heticate squeaked as she would recover along with Jexa. They would take a step back. Eyeing Angelica with new caution.

"Starting to understand now eh?" She said with a laugh. "Im a bit out of your league now as the commoners would say." She would chirp the will throwing Gwen back to her. Sending the poor woman straight towards angelica like she was on a string. This punch to the chest was far less ethereal. Gwen gasped as she slowly stared down at the arm buried almost elbow deep in her chest. Angelica seemed just as stunned. Like her power was far greater than she had anticipated.

She was slowly shaking her head as Gwen sighed. "I should have seen the signs in you.." She said slowly. Blood dripping from her mouth. Lighting flickering through her hair weakly like a candle stub in the wind. "Shouldnt have pushed you so hard..." She said slowly. Her hand moving to angelicas cheek.

"But even..After all of that..trainning and hardship.." She continued her breath getting more labored. her hand cupping Angelicas cheek. Her thumb tracing her cheek bone. "You still let your guard down." The thumb tracing her cheek was jammed into her eye socket. Lightening crackling in her hand as she pushed every ounce of power she had left into it. Angelica screamed as she pushed away.

Pulling Gwens heart out with her.

Still beating.

She crushed it in her fist as Gwen sank to her knees. Going pale very quickly. "The Children...Amadeus..take care of my daughters...Please.." She whispered into his thoughts one more time.. And she was gone. The light left her hazy grey eyes. The last sight the saw was Angelica clutching her wounded face. A hand burned into her right cheek where a charred hole sat that had once been her right eye. Still screaming curses as everything faded to black.

"I wish...I could have said goodbye.." She gasped sinking to her back. images of Charity.. Cleo.. Eille... "To them..But i guess I thought I'd be coming right...back...." A scream tore from Heticates throat as she clutched her chest. Her eyes going the same color as her fathers.

Teeth poking from places in her mouth they had not before. Their eyes locked on Angelica. A woman who took this chance to beat a hasty retreat as she clutched her destroyed face and quietly seemed to fade off into smoke. Heticate swiping at her after image as she faded....

She screeched her sorrows to the ceiling cradling her mothers lifeless body. "NO no no no no no no." She repeated. Looking to Jexa. her eyes pleading for a solution the strong, silent sister did not have.

At the words of Amadeus, Zacharias was given pause. This interaction already wasn't going according to plan.
Had he really found a way out of the contract? Could he even do that? He and his comrades were so thorough when they crafted this curse so as to leave no loophole or way out... But leave it to HIM to find one in spite of them... How long had he realized the loophole? How long had he been free? And exactly how long had Zacharias actually been playing right into his hands?

"Nay, my friend. Methinks thou art bluffing. There is no possible way for thou to escape thine prison!"
His vernacular shifted, as did some of his demeanor. In spite of his words he drew his sword... He could never tell when HE was bluffing, and he'd almost always been wrong about such things in the past.
The holy blade glowed brightly in the presence of Amadeus' demonic energy.
Zacharias wouldn't be taken by surprise, so long as he wasn't taken by surprise he had always been able to defeat HIM in combat, and at this point he was confident that he could still beat HIM.

"Vile devil, thou shalt taste the wrath of the gods once again!"
With that he lunged forward with his sword.
To an uninitiated observer, one might think that the fight was already decided. A crippled crime lord of demonic ability without a weapon against a paladin wielding a sword of holy light, but such a one would be mistaken.

Amadeus deftly sidestepped the thrust, pivoting on his immobile lame leg to lean himself out of danger if only barely.
The holy warrior expected such a move and immediately switched to a slashing swipe at his opponents ducking head.
Zacharias was confident, he knew Amadeus was unarmed, he couldn't dodge forever and that cane stood no chance against his blade, he just had to wear him down enough to land a blow.

Even without giving ground or moving in any extreme way he was able to avoid the holy sword. Zacharias had reach with his blade, and so he kept attacking with that length between them, still, he couldn't advance or force Amadeus to take a step back, he didn't dare close the distance himself or his sword would be rendered useless, so Zacharias was left with circling Amadeus like a wolf looking for a hamstring.

Amadeus was watchful as well, not only dodging within a hairsbreadth of that troublesome blade, but also looking for the right opening, like an old dragon letting its prey gather close and bite him before unleashing his apocalyptic ambush.

They both thought they found the right moment, Zacharias feinted one way but was already attacking from the escape route Amadeus would take... While Amadeus brought his cane up and blocked the holy sword with a metallic clang!
The image of the cane twisted and shifted until it at last returned to its true form... That demonic blade that the Cherry Rose had recovered all that time ago.
He also was suddenly wearing a pair of demonic black steel gauntlets...

But the moment of shock and surprise dragged on much longer than it should have... They both heard the wet thump, followed by screaming...
Almost not daring to, Amadeus Greywood turned his head away from his enemy... And saw...
"The Children... Amadeus... take care of my daughters... Please..."
He stared in disbelief... Zacharias smiled and allowed Amadeus the moment to fully absorb what happened.
Amadeus' leg gave out and he fell to one knee with his sword in the ground.
He blinked and his mouth hung open in shock.
"Gwen... Gwen... You're not... No, you can't be, I didn't plan this, it can't happen, it's not a possibility..."
He spoke as if she could hear him, his voice thick with growing emotion.
He tried reaching out to her mind, trying to contact her as if she was merely unconscious...

... Pain...

... Pain?...

... What is this pain?...

... I've never felt pain like this... How does it hurt so damn much?... Ah! Why does it hurt?! It HURTS! OH GOD'S THIS HURTS!!!

Amadeus clutched an armored hand over the location of the pain... His heart... That is where the pain came from.
His eyes squeezed shut in pain, blood red tears trailed from his eyes down his face, and his mouth opened wide in a silent scream as he clutched his heart and bowed his head down, his long hair curtaining his face and sweeping the floor.
He remained there for a moment, knelt on the floor and rocking there for a moment... The picture of brokenness in a man.

His mouth remained open in that silent scream of agony... Then his breath returned, and with it a fresh wave of pain, he gasped with a sound akin to a sob as he took in a long deep breath.
When he straightened he lifted his head to the ceiling, much like Heticate had, and unleashed a scream that encompassed the full spectrum of pain he felt... A sound like the screech from a massive bellowing dragon like beast from the primordial nightmares of the gods.
The sound split the air, everyone on the college could hear it, glass shattered, candles blew out and the wax exploded, bottles of any kind crumbled to fragments and many felt as though they were just deafened by an explosion, leaving their ears ringing and their senses disoriented.

Zacharias shook his head pitifully as he looked down at Amadeus who once again bowed to the floor, his forehead pressing against the stone as blood dripped from his eyes.
"Finally... Now thou knowest the pain of loss... The pain I felt when thou killed MINE beloved." He raised his sword above his head, aiming to separate his bowed head from his shoulders execution style. "Now, Amadeus, endure that pain for eternity in the abyss..."
Zacharias paid no heed to the two children mourning their mother, his attention almost obsessively focused on Amadeus.

• Stressed
”Finally... Now thou knowest the pain of loss... The pain I felt when thou killed MINE beloved." He raised his sword above his head, aiming to separate his bowed head from his shoulders execution style. "Now, Amadeus, endure that pain for eternity in the abyss..."
Zacharias paid no heed to the two children mourning their mother, his attention almost obsessively focused on Amadeus.

“No!” Heticate screeched as her speed blurred the lines of reality fur a moment. Such straining leaving her mortal facade flickering. She barely made it blocking the blade with armored gauntlets underneath her dress sleeves.

The force of the strike driving her to her knees. Halting the blade just above killing her father and herself at the same time.

“I need you father. I understand your pain. Please..”

She hissed as the blade bit into the metal under the leather but the light armor held for the moment.

“He took her from us!” She shrieked liked a dying animal. Her rage unbridled by her usual shy demeanor.

“Do not let him take you as well!”

“Father. Jexa!” She screamed side swiping the blade by forcing it upwards and away leaving him open for the briefest of moments allowing Jexa to swoop in aiming to knock the sword aside again once the glowing man adjusted.

Nothing attacking his person. The attacks simply hoping to leave him open long enough for their father to strike.

“No!” Heticate screeched as her speed blurred the lines of reality for a moment. Such straining leaving her mortal facade flickering. She barely made it, blocking the blade with armored gauntlets underneath her dress sleeves.

The force of the strike driving her to her knees. Halting the blade just above killing her father and herself at the same time.

“I need you father. I understand your pain. Please...”
Amadeus looked up, half expecting to see Heticate dead as well, but no, she actually managed to hold her own for the moment against that holy blade.
She hissed as the blade bit into the metal under the leather, but the light armor held for the moment.

“He took her from us!” She shrieked liked a dying animal. Her rage unbridled by her usual shy demeanor.

“Do not let him take you as well!”
Of course... The fight wasn't over, her loss didn't mean all was lost. Gwen was gone, but he still had something to fight for, a reason to live.
“Father. Jexa!”
Zacharias was forced back momentarily as the two daughters took him by surprise.
"Thou should have come to thank me for slaying this devil, but it appears thine faith has been misplaced. Thou shalt also take part in his punishment!"
He raised his sword again, this time against Jexa and Heticate.
As the holy blade came down the demonic blade rose to meet it, clashing with blinding sparks as Amadeus stood on front of his daughters protectively.

... The final veil dropped...

... The final mask removed...

Red flames wreathed his body.
Amadeus grew to almost seven feet in height, his tailored suit shredding as he became more muscular and physically imposing. The red of his eyes deepened and the fire in them grew to a blaze. His skin turned a cold blue color, mottled by faint silver tattoos and markings. Two... tails... sprouted from his shoulders where wings might have been.
His right leg, the one with the limp, showed its true form as well. At the hip and down it looked like the leg had been completely mangled and warped with innumerable wounds, and it was so covered in scars and markings of old abuse that it seemed to be mottled to a new texture.

proxy.php

One tail came around and slapped Zacharias aside, sending him skidding across the floor.
Zacharias groaned and rolled over to climb to his feet, using the wall for support.
Amadeus stood still, seething his rage with a feral continence as he watched the holy man recover.
His voice was deep and beastial.
"The pain of loss... Well done, hypocrite, there is no greater pain you could have inflicted upon me..."
With his heavy limp he approached the bright man.

Zacharias then went through a transformation as well. Two huge white feathered wings sprouted from his back and his light became almost completely blinding.
The glorified form of Zacharias stood to face the true form of a devil.
"I shall be merciful, thou shalt not experience that pain completed. Thou shalt die before thou can witness the deaths of your daughters."
He pointed his sword at Amadeus, Amadeus answered with his own blade.
"You will die, Zacharias... Nothing can be more assured. I am not like you who weeps and then plots in the shadows... You took Gwendolyn from me, your life will atone for that."
The tails slapped the ground, fracturing the stone as Amadeus launched himself forward like a bullet. A flap of his wings sent Zacharias shooting towards Amadeus with equal force.
They met in the middle, their blades clashing, a shockwave radiated outwards from the impact of these two opposing forces.

Amadeus was moving quickly now, using his tails to hold him aloft or to hurl himself through the air allowing him to move at high speeds. The danced for a moment in the middle of the arena, testing blow for blow the strength of their enemy.
Zacharias excelled when he could keep his distance, Amadeus relied on drawing in his enemy. The tails shot forward and wrapped around the two radiant wings, keeping Zacharias immobile for a brief moment. Amadeus used his hold like a slingshot, throwing himself forward to clash with Zacharias once again.

But when they clashed, Amadeus didn't have his sword or gauntlets. Instead he held the holy blade tightly with his bare hands, the tails tightened around the wings and Amadeus had Zacharias immobilized.
The sword, still clutched by the gauntlets needed to wield it, stood upright in the floor at his daughters feet... And the back of the angel was to them.

He spoke in both of their minds, "Know that forever and for all eternity, I am your father and you belong to me, my children. Know my true name and take your inheritance at my side. I am Ahzidal, devil of the tenth layer of hell."
Upon learning his name, the seeds of his two daughters would surge with new immense power and hellish abilities.

• Cheer
Heticate’s shriek was so piercing it made her own ears bleed black tar as she screamed as the power and pain of her loss was so intense it took her over completely.

Jexa’s hand to her shoulder calmed her just enough for her to not charge Zacharias out right.

“The sword.” The silent sister would growl. “Together.” Heticate nodded as they both seized the sword and drove it into the angels back.

“Send heaven my regards you bastard.” Heticate grunted planting her feet as Jexa nodded and the both spun spinning the blade like a drill so quickly it whirred for a few seconds before it was pulled free and dropped to the floor.

“Mother..” Was all Heticate could say before the heavy blade and gauntlets could even hit the ground.

Everything forgotten.

She was cradling her mothers head in her hands. Her eyes long sense clouded over.

Her hair still weakly crackling with stray sparks as her magical energy began to fade as well.

“No…No..” Heticate gently fixed her hair. Wiping the blood smattering her face. Tidying and fixing everything frantically. A stray hair.. blood stains..

“it’ll be ok..I can..We can..” Heticate pleaded with her mother like she was pretending to sleep and just ignoring her. “It’s going to be..Ok..Eilerias can..”

Working her way down…

“We could maybe…”

To the hole..

She stopped. Her hands shaking hovering over it like they didn’t know what to do. An imperfection they could not fix.. no matter how nimble or precise her nimble demon fingers were.

With all her newfound power..

“Mother..” Heticate felt another against her. Helping her cradle thier mothers head. A voice so soft and calm it almost didn’t even register. Jexa had hit her knees beside them.

A look on her face Heticate had never seen before.

Emotion for one.

And the harshest grief she had ever witnessed in a human.

Her eyes held nothing but pain in them.

Nothing else.

“The sword.” The silent sister would growl. “Together.” Heticate nodded as they both seized the sword and drove it into the angels back.

“Send heaven my regards you bastard.”
A look of shock appeared on the angel's face as the blade plunged into his back between his immobilized wings. The wind was knocked from his lungs but only blood came out in a cough on Ahzidal's face.

The devil didn't mind the blood, in fact, he savored it. He licked at a drop from the corner of his mouth with a long black tongue.
Zacharias stood for a moment while his body tried to process what happened... And when it did his knees buckled and he fell to the floor, eyes still wide with shock and disbelief... A final thought went through his mind before everything went black.
"How did I underestimate them so severely?"

Ahzidal watched the light fade from the angel, and then the body as it too slowly faded from existence.
Elation filled his heart!
They did it together! He was no longer a slave to their wishes! He could finally reveal himself and show his daughters and Gwen everything he hid from them!

... Gwen...

His heart sank.

“Mother..” Was all Heticate could say before the heavy blade and gauntlets could even hit the ground.

Everything forgotten.

She was cradling her mothers head in her hands. Her eyes long sense clouded over.

Her hair still weakly crackling with stray sparks as her magical energy began to fade as well.

“No…No..” Heticate gently fixed her hair. Wiping the blood smattering her face. Tidying and fixing everything frantically. A stray hair.. blood stains..

“it’ll be ok..I can..We can..” Heticate pleaded with her mother like she was pretending to sleep and just ignoring her. “It’s going to be..Ok..Eilerias can..”

Working her way down…

“We could maybe…”

To the hole..

She stopped. Her hands shaking hovering over it like they didn’t know what to do. An imperfection they could not fix.. no matter how nimble or precise her nimble demon fingers were.

With all her newfound power..

“Mother..” Heticate felt another against her. Helping her cradle thier mothers head. A voice so soft and calm it almost didn’t even register. Jexa had hit her knees beside them.

A look on her face Heticate had never seen before.

Emotion for one.

And the harshest grief she had ever witnessed in a human.

Her eyes held nothing but pain in them.

Nothing else.
His tails receded into his back and he shrunk back to his human height and form... That of Amadeus Greywood.
His daughters were grieving over her, her... Gwendolyn Vollmund, the zealot, his blade, his most loyal servant, his consort, lover, Mother to his children...

He took a step forward and winced, his lame leg refused to cooperate, why must it slow him so much? He needed to be by her side, he needed to touch her and... And confirm what he already knew... A futile gesture, but he needed to be by her side.
Clenching his teeth he forced himself forward another step, then another, then once more when it finally gave out under him and he fell to his hands and knees, he didn't stop, couldn't stop. He crawled, dragging his leg behind him.
For all his strength, seeing Gwendolyn on the floor unmoving seemed to sap it all away.

Blood dripped on the floor, he didn't even notice that he had started crying again... Every time he looked at her a fresh wave of pain shot through his heart.
Finally, dragging himself along the ground, he reached their side, his daughters and Gwen.
Trails of blood ran from his glowing red eyes... Demonic eyes which looked upon Gwendolyn with inexpressible sadness.

"Gwen... This wasn't supposed to happen..."
He reached out and caressed her cheek, immediately he almost withdrew, half expecting her to slap his hand away and look at him with disdain... but she didn't move.
He took her hand and held it, "Look... Gwen, I am free now... I can show you everything, I can tell you everything... Every secret you devoted your life to, I can tell you why... I'm supposed to tell you why I betrayed you and then... And then pray that you would forgive me and take me back..."
His voice grew thicker with emotion as he spoke, until at last he could speak no more and could only weep, putting his forehead to her hand.

"Ahzidal... Gwen... my true name is Ahzidal..."
He looked up at her face, almost in peaceful repose.
Then he looked at his daughters, Heticate and Jexa. They too grieved in their own way, and he let them. And now it was time to take care of his daughters, just as Gwendolyn Vollmund asked of him.
He reached out and took their hands, clasping them together and covering them with both of his.
"From now on, my daughter's, this family shall no longer be broken. A house divided against itself cannot stand, and we will no longer be divided."

He took a deep breath, and with a tremendous force of will he calmed himself down.
"Inform your sisters... "Mother is dead, Angelica has forfeited her birthright"... But do not tell Charity, not yet... I will bear that responsibility."

• Cry
“As you say.” The sisters said in unison. Leaving him alone. With her. Her eyes gently closed.

A peaceful sleep that Gwen was never able to achieve. Her expression often giving off that she was still plotting in her dreams. Her expression now however, was relaxed.

The turning gears of her brain ceasing after their long work. The dark circles under her eyes even seemed to lessen a bit..

She looked like she had then..Her head lolled to the side.

On his lap.

A fire crackled before him as they sat out doors exactly as they were now. Gwen’s stomach gently rising and falling.

“Do you love me Amadeus?” It had been a fast job.

A small gang of trouble makers just skilled enough to warrant death and just stupid enough to demand it. They had obliged. Their group had stopped for the night to set up camp.

Gwen had been his right hand since the tavern, but they had never spoken about things unrelated to work..

Her eyes were barely open when she asked. The drunkenness of both the drinks and the sleep setting in as well giving her the courage.

She was only a mortal after all. But in the slightly slurred question there was a tone none had heard before. Fear. She was scared of the answer.

Vulnerability.

A questioning tone one only took when the answer truly mattered. And like that the fire died. Leaving them in a dungeon. Far from those woods.

Even farther from those old battles

The memories resurfaced unbidden... Unwanted... Unstoppable...

Those days... Those times... Years upon years that he has lied to her and led her astray, used her and betrayed her... How he lied to her when he told her "No... I am incapable of such feelings."

Take the heart from a mountain, twist it from it's foundations and tear it from it's moorings, and watch the mighty mountain fall to rubble... Then you will know the sorrow that destroyed Ahzidal. Cut him to his core.

• Cry
Reactions: Gwendolyn Vollmund