Fable - Ask Holy War

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
((No problem! There is no rush to reply))

The answer was disappointing, but not completely useless. There was a hierarchy that was almost military, and the fact that they even had guards capable of restraining a half-demon further suggested a rather bellicose clergy. Her stomach turned sour as her fears about the cathedral were verified. These people would not stop with their single church and village, they would seek to spread and become a holy blight on her domain.

She finished her goblet and dabbed her lips with a napkin before standing. "Eat as much as you like, I must attend to matters before dawn." She strode from her seat and signaled an attendant as she went.

"Send word to Asuego, tell her I ask for the coven's assistance."

She finished her goblet and dabbed her lips with a napkin before standing. "Eat as much as you like, I must attend to matters before dawn." She strode from her seat and signaled an attendant as she went.

"Many thanks. I'll see if my master is unwilling to provide us with advice. Though it may require a sacrifice of some kind. Is there someone in the nearby area you particularly dislike that you can afford to be killed? I can sacrifice them in your stead in exchange for advice from Lord Cinder. If that is acceptable anyway."

Regardless of the answer she finished her meal, and upon completion she neatly set her utensils on her plate and left for the castle rooves. She could handle sunlight.

With a snap of her fingers she summoned one of the two infernal books that had been given to her, the second one to be specific. Five more books yet to earn, but for now the second would serve her well. Maybe Victoria would be gracious enough to let her have the archpriest? She certainly had a bone to pick with him, and if she were to sacrifice him she almost definitely would be granted the third infernal book.

• Devil
Reactions: Victoria O'Connor
Victoria thought on Iris’ words as she left. There were certainly a number of people she could think of that she wouldn’t mind sacrificing. It wouldn’t be too difficult to arrange their disappearance, she had done that sort of thing before. Lovely young maidens had a propensity for being drawn to ‘permanent employment’ in her castle, and the families were usually consoled with decent compensation. She resolved to ask Iris what manner of person would be best for such a ritual before she laid herself to bed.

The daylight hours passed with Victoria in slumber. It was not truly a necessity for her to sleep, but it did make her feel revitalized after spending so long in the heat of day. Even though the lethal rays had not touched her skin the heat and blinding light had been enough to sap her energy and send her head spinning. Now, as the sun set beneath the black waves of the horizon, she raised herself.

When she did she found a letter on her end table. It was dirty and sealed with black wax... or what she hoped was wax. The mark upon it was unmistakable. Victoria sneered, the witches never failed to impress with their cleverness. The letter she had her servant sent would have scarcely been out the door at this time... had the coven noted her request by her intent alone? She would need to ask about that magic at a later time. As long as she required the coven’s help she thought it best not to pry.

She sliced the paper open with a silver opener and read the scribbled words. A few members of the coven had offered their assistance and would arrive in due course. Excellent. Supposing their used conventional travel she and Iris would have plenty of time to prepare. Of course, Victoria half expected the witches to come bursting out of the fireplace at any moment.

Victoria helped herself to the modest chalice of fresh blood by her bed and readied herself for the day in a fresh gown of midnight black and onyx stones. It featured a rather garish webbed collar, but she felt like making a statement today. The neckline plunged in a sharp V almost to her navel, and if her porcelain skin did not elicit a favorable response from her guest it would be a first.

She instructed a servant to find Iris (it shouldn’t be difficult) and ask her to the library. It was, like most of Greyrock Castle, dark and stony. The walls were lined with thick mahogany bookshelves and every now and then a tall window would allow some moonlight within.