Good news and Bad news

TapathyWR

The Bad News: A lot of recent events, both in my personal life and in the sphere of my writing friends, has worn me pretty much to the bone. With some recent departures, I was left to pick up a lot of peices, and I'm finding I really don't have the energy for that. On top of that, writing just isn't very fun at the moment, feeling like more of a chore or an obligation.

That being said, I'm going to step away for a few weeks, maybe even a month or two. I'm not leaving, but I know what burnout feels like, and this is definitely it. I need to regroup and let my mind unwind before I tackle writing RP again. I am NOT leaving. This place is the only place I'll ever want to write for the forseeable future, and I've put too much into it to bail out.

In the words of Arnie, I'll be back.

The Good News: While I am burnt out on RP posting, I am not at all burnt out on working on the Guardians relaunch. Despite my exhaustion, work is progressing nicely on what I'm calling a '2.0' relaunch of the group, after a chunk of the writers left. This is going to have more detailed and comprehensive lore, more roles to fill, more frequent opens to join, the works.

My plan is to step away and dedicate all my energy on finishing Guardians 2.0, taking as many breaks along the way as I need to. Once Guardians is done, and I feel like I'm ready, I'm coming back and launching them first thing.

I'm having a lot of fun on this project, more than I have writing anything in quite a while, and I'm really excited to share what I've been working on with everybody when I'm back.

Just don't forget about me until then, please?

Sorry to hear that Tap, sometimes a break is needed. Take care of yourself, and I'm glad you're still finding some joy in working on your Guardians lore, it sounds great!!

We'll be here when you feel like writing again <3

Keep in touch :) x

Totally get that. Not spinning this on me by any means but I get it as I’m in my own boat with it. It happens. Glad that you’re otherwise still sailing and maybe a break is all you need. I had a blast in our thread, it really just became this organic adventure, in large part because you’re a solid writer. Take care of yourself!