Private Tales Gold and Grain Must Flow

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Seemed like city life, any city, birthed a certain kind of person. Acteon conceded to the complicated life suiting him and Gal could only more confidently nod her agreements considering what she had learned about the man in the short time she had known him. She didn't get the appeal, but she supposed she didn't have to in order to respect that Acteon had a different idea of happiness. A complicated and dangerous life, but an exciting life for this ex-guard.

They stopped walking and Gal pulled on the rope, expecting for a moment to show off her tied up man, but the officers got into a dramatic discussion. She relaxed her arm again but kept her grip tight lest the man try to make one last attempt at retaliation before the rest of his company had him.

"Me? I was born in the steppes--I don't think I've seen it on any of the town's maps, but there's a pond out there that shows up out there only in the rainy season." Gal explained. "As it dries, the water grows saltier, and redder too, so it's called Lifeblood Lake. That's where I was born, and I've gone back nearly every year."

She rubbed her freehand on her cheek, thinking about her words for a moment before speaking them. "I was born when the water was pinkest, which means that the--I think you'd call it an Impala Lily? That flower is considered a symbol of my life." She tilted her head, finger resting on her chin as she looked at Acteon. "And that means that I'm supposed to be good at purging poison from others. So, that's the kind of life I'd like to say I'm living; moving around and making people feel better than they did before I got there!"

Acteon Cass

• Bless
Reactions: Acteon Cass
The argument that had stopped all movement through this part of the ship continued on. The pair oblivious to how many people it was slowly starting to build up as the subject of sister sleeping and gold owing was hotly debated. It would likely end up as a bit of gossip around the ship later as loud and blatant they were being with it all.

Acteon just ignored them and listened to Gal as she spoke of herself. Her life sounded typical of tribes form the Steppes, or what he knew of them at the very least. But there was a few oddities to her story. She lived around a lake that grew salty and turned red during the summer. Could it perhaps be a good place to start a salt rock mine or find other valuable minerals? Only an expedition out there would be able to find out for sure.

The other detail that was more important right now was how she associated herself with a flower. An extremely feminine one at that. Little moments from before came to his mind at that revelation. Was she perhaps more of a woman and less of a brute than the impression she was trying to give led to believe? If so then he should consider gifting her a dress.... But what sort of dress?

He very blatantly began to study the orcess over thoroughly. No bit of skin or flesh was left unnoticed.

"I imagine a pink dress would look good on you. Not as certain however as a blue one that matched your eyes. You would have a pick of a few suitors, not all men either, if you wore a blue dress."

While it sounded as if he was thinking out loud, he had been deliberate in what he said. He wanted to see how she reacted to it. Would it prove his hunk correct or would he need to pass it up as a simple slip of fancy?

The two arguing finally had someone break them apart enough for people to begin passing once more. With this now open once more their guide began to take them this Captain. The man Gal was carrying started struggling once again, but was having a harder time about it.

Gal Borrage