Completed Gods Help the Outcast (past thread)

There was a pull that drew Gavin close to Kallirhoe, was it the result of the witches' magic? Gavin was only half certain but he felt tempted to hold her in his arms, to stroke her hair. The Knight wanted to leave and ride into the sunset but the man desired to be with her. "No Kallirrhoe," Gavin said. "You saw me shaking I was craven, I didn't want to kill my countrymen but I remembered my vow. To protect the innocent."

Gavin fell to his knees holding Kallirrhoe's hand tight as she curled against him. "I hate it," he said tears threatening to fall. "I have so many oaths to swear. Be honorable, fight for your country, protect the innocent and I did I protected you from the men I called my brothers! But to save you meant the death of fellow soldiers even if they break the law."

The young Knight breathed hard his hand reaching for her skirt and slowly lifting it. "I'm not the Lion of Oban Kallirhoe," he whispered. "In the battle of the Sandy Steps, I lay flat on my back trembling and injured while I saw the man who knighted me: Ser Thomas slain in battle. What kind of Knight, what kind of man am I huh? If I can't save my mentor?"

The praise was overwhelming and it bought Gavin fame and glory as well as an ascension to nobility. However there were times that Gavin didn't want it, he felt unworthy of attention. He was plagued by nightmares, was always unsure of himself. All he had was his mentor's memories and the witch in front of him. "I just want Ser Thomas back," Gavin said. "I just wished that I can be the Knight that he believed to be."

Perhaps he could start by fulfilling his promise to Kallirrhoe, protect her make sure she's safe and comfortable. "I don't know about this reality," he said as placed her up and held his hands on her soft and creamy cheeks.

proxy.php

"But what I know is that with you, things seem clearer for some reason. I mean bloody hell we just met and this feels like all those stories about a knight saving the girl and she falls in love with him after only just met."

Gavin shut his eyes as hard as he can perked his lips and pressed them against Kallirrhoe's. "Oh," he thought while kissing her passionately. "So that's what kissing a girl feels like. Why do I hear bloody fireworks though?"

All she wanted to do was to comfort him. There were really no words to do so. She had lost them somehow after he told her that he couldn't save his mentor. An ache in her own throat, for both of them,. made it difficult to speak as well. "A mentor. Maybe if I'd had a mentor, all of those mistakes in my youth wouldn't have happened and no one would believe I'm a witch of the evil kind. You couldn't save yours, and I didn't realize how I had need of one. I thought my parents would be enough, without realizing that another unbiased person might have been an asset. But we can't change the past. And guilt will only make us miserable for the rest of our lives. Let's both let it go now..."

The way he slowly lifted her skirt somehow unfroze her body. It was so gentle and yet it signaled his passion in the most obvious way. . She couldn't remember the last time it felt like that, slow and easy, like maybe someone wanted to pleasure her as much as themselves. Sometimes she could be playful in bed, but today she needed this slowness.

'... I mean bloody hell we just met and this feels like all those stories about a knight saving the girl and she falls in love with him after only just met.'

"Oh, Gavin...it does to me, too." She whispered, returning his kiss equally as passionately. And then her body warmed all over and she had no trouble showing him her love anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Ser Gavin Halbert
That had to be the best night in Gavin's life.

He'd never slept with a woman before but Kallirrhoe was accommodating guiding him through the motions. Gavin learned quickly much to his surprise and the night was filled loud moaning and a flurry of kisses. In that moment Gavin wasn't a Knight burdened with lofty expectations, there was no past or future and he even lost concept of time. It was just he and Kallirrhoe enjoying each others presence, Gavin couldn't help but feel a connection to Kallirrhoe he didn't even know her. But for a night the two of them became one.

Gavin was greeted by the Sun's rays as he fluttered his eyes open. He looked over the mess of bed sheets caused by their lovemaking. The young man chuckled to see that pieces of his armor strewn all over the floor. A few years ago he would've received an earful by Ser Thomas saying that the armor like the sword was an extension of the Knight. It was the extra layer of skin that a Knight needs to protect themselves like a Flail Snail's shell. It was a bit shameful that Gavin had forgotten his teachings but seeing the naked young woman sleeping soundly on his chest perhaps he can forget about it for one night.

"Good morning..... Rhoe," Gavin kissed the woman's forehead. She wasn't a witch that belonged to the most evil of women with magic. He had a feeling that Kallirhoe was more than that, it was like she said she was: A lost soul who cares for others. However her name was too bloody long but maybe she wouldn't the shortened name.

She gasped a little, somewhat startled by having woken in a strange bed. But she saw Gavin there and that eased the disorientation a little, even if they had only just met yesterday. She wasn't quite ready to wake, and once she realized she was safe- for now- she was tempted to snuggle deeper into his embrace again. It felt so different feeling his chest, so warm and comforting and masculine in a totally different way than riding on his lap with him in his armor had been.

She gave him a slow, lazy smile at the feel of his warm lips on her head. Rhoe. The part of her name that meant stream. She rather liked being called that. It made her seem softer, more approachable. Kalli- beautiful- that was the seductive temptress who used her body to avoid unpleasantness, And while she could still be quite the passionate love-maker- or so she hoped- she rather liked being just Rhoe, passionate for only one man for however long it lasted.

"Good morning my knight. Last night was...gods!" She gave him another hungry look. "You wouldn't know you hadn't been doing that for very long." She hadn't had to fake anything to try to please anyone this time.

How refreshing not to be the only one doing all the work there.

"I can't believe I didn't dream that. I can't believe I didn't dream all of yesterday." She touched his cheek gently, looking lovingly into his eyes. "But..." she then gave herself a little pinch on the hand and winced, though she chuckled, too. "Yes, I'm still here. Thanks to you." She was still disoriented- she couldn't help it-, as so much had happened yesterday- and she wasn't sure she'd be able to walk out of the tavern because she still somehow feared being discovered. Once she was dressed, she'd still be wearing the clothes she had worn to be burned in, and she felt that was a little too obvious, as well as somehow sending shivers down her spine.

She never wanted to remember the first part of yesterday again.

But she was here, and for now that was enough. She did have a request, though.
"Would you mind carrying me all day today when we're not riding?"

Last edited:
  • Wonder
Gavin wanted nothing more than to pepper Kallirhoe with kisses. It was a wonderful night full of satisfaction, he now knew why the other Knights were so eager to go to the nearest brothel. A night with a woman would make a Knight eager to take on an entire battalion. As excited as he was part of Gavin didn't want just pointless sex. He wanted a companion someone who will take care of him when he was sick or wounded. Someone compared to the women back in Buckwater; Kallirhoe was a witch and Gavin was still a little uneasy around her but there was something about her that drew Gavin to the woman.

Was it love? Perhaps, as they both said this is playing suspiciously like a storybook. Yet Gavin hardly knew a thing about Kallirhoe but the way she requested to carry her all day caused a smile to form on his face. "I would carry you for the rest of your life you asked me," he said as he began to dress in his armor. "A Knight's work is never done. There are people out there who need me and I must always answer the call."

He remembered what Ser Thomas said that a Knights job was for life. "You are a Knight," he told Gavin. "And you will die a Knight. There will always be a call for a Knight to protect the others. Remain vigilant."

Gavin closed his eyes while he put on his gambeson, he still felt lost without Ser Thomas even after he died two years ago. Gavin still pined for his teachings and often wondered was he doing a good job as a Knight. Was he the man that Ser Thomas wanted him to be?

"Looks like you're stuck with me," Gavin smiled at Kallirhoe trying to focus on the person he needed to protect right now. "And I have a feeling that you like it that way."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kallirrhoe Aedus
Rhoe sighed happily and gave him that lazy smile again. "I do like it that way. And even though I'm still terrified someone could find me- or come looking for those men and find us- I have half a mind to tell you to take your armor off again." she whispered in his ear, touching his cheek. "Besides, your chest is warm and I might get cold." That was a concern she had. Her powers were so much easier to use on others than herself, and she was concerned her fear would affect her ability to use her fire powers correctly to warm herself.

Even so...

"Why don't I help you get dressed- not today, but next time?" She would need to watch him put on his armor himself to be able to help. "Though it might not be nearly as fun."

Or perhaps it would, in its own way. It was still another way for her to learn the feel of his skin.

"Where are we going?" she added. She was tempted to ask him to take her to the ends of the territory and see what else was out there. "Though I'd go anywhere with you. I think you know that."

• Love
The way Kallirrhoe whispered in Gavin's ear made Gavin's entire body tingle. What was this magic that she was using? "This was probably less magic in the conventional sense and more of a woman's charm," Gavin thought miserably. He wasn't sure which was worse: Magic or a woman's seductiveness well at least magic in women were looked at with suspicion in Oban. Still though as much as Gavin is horrified by how he was reduced to puddle when Kallirrhoe spoke, he was.... charmed by her.

"You know how to dress a man in armor?" Gavin asked placing on his right gauntlet. "Not many people know how to do it. Too many bits you have to remember."

And Gavin knew how difficult it was to dress Ser Thomas in his armor when he was a squire. He often forgot to tie the thigh armor properly, had difficulty preventing the pauldrons from slipping off. It was an utter nightmare which took Gavin years to perfect. It would be nice to have Kallirrhoe to fit him though if she really knew how to dress him in armor.

"Wherever I'm needed," Gavin said picking Kallirrhoe up and placing her in a bridal carry. "It's a Knight's duty to be vigilant."

Gavin was echoing Ser Thomas' words for the first time he felt like he was living up to the standard that Ser Thomas set when he knighted him.

Or maybe it was because had a great night sleeping with Kallirrhoe. Either way as Gavin carried Kallirrhoe down stairs, his eyes glimmered with passion. A Knight was a job for life, once you were knighted there can be no going back. You are committed to the innocent and your country and it was a task that Gavin was prepared to undertake.

"Maybe not all at once..." she admitted. " I know how to do some of it. But I have helped soldiers dress their wounds on occasion. Though none like you, I think. As grateful as such men could be for my help, I had doubts that I would be protected by such a man if a soldier's superior told him to turn me in." Rhoe sighed, still hating her past, and if not for Gavin by her side she would be frightened for her future as well.

Being in his arms was exhilarating, though. "If it weren't for the fact that I'm still afraid, I'd tell you to stop carrying me- fear or no. Because I can see..." she paused a little for effect. "I can see how carrying me might make you less vigilant. " She winked. The fear was no less, but at least she could joke about it a little now. Besides, she wouldn't mind it if he did pay a little more attention to her body. But she was also aware that she would need his protection in order to make it very far away at all.

If only she weren't so afraid!

"You make me feel so safe, though. I hadn't thought I would ever need to feel safe." That wasn't quite true; she had never felt safe while making love to other men who might want to kill her. But that was still nothing like yesterday. "You see, one might think that powers would be enough. But they're not. Even the powerful can get lonely. But now..."

She quieted as they passed a table full of people. There was still no sign of any more soldiers, but one could never tell who might walk through the door.

Were there any words in her brain that might explain what her heart felt?

"Now I'm..." she gulped. Safe. Warm. Complete. Home. Dare she hope he loved her back?

Gods, but she wanted him. Not just his body, either.

She wanted all of him.

Had she ever wanted anyone like that? Maybe a few times. But in the end, those men probably wouldn't have gone to the lengths to protect her that Gavin had. Her fear had made her doubt she'd be safe with them.

But Gavin had proved himself in the middle of her fear. And her heart was so full of him that she couldn't remember right now if anyone else ever had.

"Now I'm with you."

• Love