Private Tales Gifts That Keep Giving

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Learning is something anyone could do with or without magic, if you're being literal. But I am so glad you asked!"

Adelina rolled her eyes knowing that she was about to get a lesson from him. She barely liked going to the lessons that she had to and now this boy with no innate magic was going to tell her shit she did not particularly care about.

"Using the same tool that magic users like yourself use to channel the magic you have innately, I use this arcane focus to store up magical power from the ambient magic of the world that I can then use as if wielding a magical tool or item. It provides the magical power I need to cast my spells."
He handed her the wand.
"As I mentioned in the lecture hall, I need to make a more efficient tool to make my spells more effective. Perhaps a wand of higher quality or a staff... With a better arcane focus I would have been able to maintain that ward indefinitely against a barrage like we survived, provided my calculations are correct."

"Sounds like a lot of work when you can just blackmail or bribe us into working for you. You could just sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor." Her voice was snide. It would take her awhile to get over the incompetent comment.

"Even without the wand, I know how to conjure a familiar but only in theory since I had no tool to do it myself. Summoning like what you did with Pippa is something I am less familiar with."

"I am starting to regret summoning her," Adelina said and Pippa nipped at her ear.

"Ow!" She said with a glare at the dragon. "You are nothing but trouble and you know it!"

Another nip.

"Fuck! That hurt!" She growled.

• Haha
Reactions: Matthias Peligrade
"Sounds like a lot of work when you can just blackmail or bribe us into working for you. You could just sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor."
"Three reasons I won't do that.
Reason one: My family expects results from me because they saw me use a magical trinket when I was barely out of diapers and assumed I was gifted.
Reason two: I only need to exploit you for protection. Your knowledge is your own to share or hide away, I wouldn't expect anything for free.
Reason three: It is a thousand times more satisfying to prove everyone wrong through my own merits than it would be to exploit your merits."

"I am starting to regret summoning her," Adelina said and Pippa nipped at her ear.

"Ow!" She said with a glare at the dragon. "You are nothing but trouble and you know it!"

Another nip.

"Fuck! That hurt!" She growled.
He took back his wand and put it in his bag.
"Well, as a summoner I'm sure you feel some sort of connection to your familiar. So I won't suggest summoning a new one. But remember that one of your talents could summon more than just familiars. You are learning how to control Pippa which is a good thing.

My goal for learning how to summon and conjure is to be able to create my own protection instead of relying on others.
But I am also helping you achieve your goals in the process, please remember that next time you call me vile."

"Three reasons I won't do that.
Reason one: My family expects results from me because they saw me use a magical trinket when I was barely out of diapers and assumed I was gifted.
Reason two: I only need to exploit you for protection. Your knowledge is your own to share or hide away, I wouldn't expect anything for free.
Reason three: It is a thousand times more satisfying to prove everyone wrong through my own merits than it would be to exploit your merits."

So it was all about proving something. That made sense. It was also nice to know that she was not forced to share anything with Matthias because right now she wanted to do no such thing ever.

"Well, as a summoner I'm sure you feel some sort of connection to your familiar. So I won't suggest summoning a new one. But remember that one of your talents could summon more than just familiars. You are learning how to control Pippa which is a good thing.

My goal for learning how to summon and conjure is to be able to create my own protection instead of relying on others.
But I am also helping you achieve your goals in the process, please remember that next time you call me vile."

"How is your learning going?" Adelina asked before she realized that she had spoken. There was a (very) small part of her that found Matthias to be interesting and quite smart. "If you do not mind me asking..."

"How is your learning going?" Adelina asked before she realized that she had spoken. There was a (very) small part of her that found Matthias to be interesting and quite smart. "If you do not mind me asking..."
He waved off her reverence.
"I don't mind at all. I'm in my second year here, so I've been able to get this far on my understanding theory alone. The Maesters think I'm just trying to become a scholar of magic, but I'm going to be a full wizard before long... Honestly, my discoveries could revolutionize magic for the common man, not that the Maesters would hear a word of it."

He pulled off his glasses and regarded them with a little contempt.
"The first thing I'm going to do once I've tested and proven my theory, I'm going to enchant these damn things so I never lose or break them again... Better yet, I'll just enchant my eyes so I can see again."

"I don't mind at all. I'm in my second year here, so I've been able to get this far on my understanding theory alone. The Maesters think I'm just trying to become a scholar of magic, but I'm going to be a full wizard before long... Honestly, my discoveries could revolutionize magic for the common man, not that the Maesters would hear a word of it."

A soft ahhh traveled from her lips as he spoke of his discoveries. She was pretty sure he was insane but she supposed she had to be nice to him now. She was a nice person but she didn't like being forced to be nice.

"Sounds awesome..." She said in a tone that she tried to make sound genuine. Yeah, he was definitely insane.

"The first thing I'm going to do once I've tested and proven my theory, I'm going to enchant these damn things so I never lose or break them again... Better yet, I'll just enchant my eyes so I can see again."

Now her laugh was genuine at his plan to take care of his vision first. "I don't think that can be done, Matthias. It seems more along the line of some serious healing."

spoke of his discoveries. She was pretty sure he was insane but she supposed she had to be nice to him now. She was a nice person but she didn't like being forced to be nice.

"Sounds awesome..." She said in a tone that she tried to make sound genuine. Yeah, he was definitely insane.
He was used to patronizing, so he could detect the signs.
"I'm serious, Adelina. If someone like me can make magic, then I can make magic that other people like me can use... For a price of course."

"I don't think that can be done, Matthias. It seems more along the line of some serious healing."
"Healing only fixes what's broken. My eyes have been weak since I was born, nothing to be done but innovate and improve. I'll do that with magic."

They arrived at the classroom for his next class.
"Thank you, Adelina. Rest assured your problems with the Maesters will be over. We will have a very fruitful partnership."
He shifted his books over to his other arm and offered his free hand to shake.

"I'm serious, Adelina. If someone like me can make magic, then I can make magic that other people like me can use... For a price of course."

"Of course," she said. She had already learned that Matthias did nothing out of the goodness of his heart.

"Healing only fixes what's broken. My eyes have been weak since I was born, nothing to be done but innovate and improve. I'll do that with magic."

They arrived at the classroom for his next class.
"Thank you, Adelina. Rest assured your problems with the Maesters will be over. We will have a very fruitful partnership."

She didn't have time to comment on his eyes before he was stopping in front of a classroom and thanking her. Adelina looked at his hand and shook it.

"Mmhmm," she mumbled and then disappeared down the hall.

She had her own class to get to before she got in trouble.