Open Chronicles From Small Beginnings!

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Character Biography
Link
Looking around his village, Bach-Afon, Grone The Maddest felt sad. His time with his people was coming to an end, he was feeling to call to explore the world outside of the village, outside The Spine. Armed with his family greatsword, his finest beard wax and his favourite cloths. His journey was afoot. Travelling to anywhere overly populated would likely take months for the small Gnome to walk but he was ready to journey and perhaps find a band of people to travel with. However, Grone was excited, hearing stories of his ancestors roaming The Spine, raiding and pillaging other Gnome and races land, it was always stories that garnered his interest. He wanted to travel, to see what else the world had to offer. Perhaps be the first Gnome to travel to the opposite side of the world, or become a ruler! Who knew, the possibilities of what a Gnome could achieve once they left The Spine.

Especially one with the battling strength of Grone, the best warrior of his village, able to take on the might of three Gnomes and defeat them with ease. Killer of foxes and even braved to fight a badger! Grone was ready to show the tall races that the Gnomes could fight as well as any of them. Though he had only heard about the tall races, he figured that they would not be prepared for how deadly Gnomes could be and how capable a fighter he was, Grone doubted that they would dare to fight deadly animals like badgers and foxes! Letting out a roar as he left the village, Grone felt his blood pumped with the excitement of taking on the world as the strongest Gnome the world had ever seen.

--

Reaching the nearest city, Belgrath took longer than Grone The Maddest thought. He finally reached after months of roaming The Spine in search of a road or path to the city. He blamed the Dwarves for such poor marking on where the city might be, also for not having roads near where the Gnomes live. Walking around Belgrath, Grone looked around surprised at how big Dwarves were, he was told they were small people and thought they would be more his height but they were often more than double his own size. It didn't scare him, Grone was sure that he could take them on with his sword. Looking over the city, Grone was interested to see if there would be others who were interested in adventuring and fighting as he was.

"I am Grone The Maddest! Fear me Dwarves! I have fought badgers and foxes! Strongest from my village, I am looking for a fight and ready for adventuring! Who of you are brave enough to join me!" Roared Grone in his deepest voice. To others it sounded not too squeaky but there was some squeaks when Grone roared. Being a Gnome his voice wasn't as deep or intimidating as Grone believed his voice to be.

Lia had been in Belgrath for a week now.

The city was unlike anything that she had ever seen. Alliria was considered to be one of the 'great' architectural marvels of Human creation, but it was nothing in comparison to the Greatest Dwarven Keep. Belgrath was beautiful to behold.

Every building seemed to be carved from the purist stone, cut at angles that most would have thought impossible. It was all so serene, so calm, and while she was looking at everything even a week on a voice disturbed that serenity.

Her head turned as she tried to find the source of the noise.

It was a gnome, standing high atop something shouting as he challenged dwarf, man, and whatever else was nearby. Lia blinked for a second, and then cleared her throat. "Uhh."

She coughed.

Grone The Maddest

• Yay
Reactions: Grone The Maddest
Belgrath, city of the dwarves, and the only major city that Bal'gorath had ever been to. He had lived to the East of the great city with his clan, until recently deciding to leave his home and travel, become a mercenary. The first logical stop seemed to be Belgrath, to ensure that he had everything he needed, before setting out once more.

Because Bal'gorath had been to the dwarven city before, trading various foods for supplies, armor, and weapons, he knew several of the smiths in the city. So far, in the day he'd been there already, he'd visited all the usual ones, seeing if there was anything he could afford for his trip. There was nothing. So it was with everyone he went to, finally ending with the smith he was speaking with now. A stout dwarf that was known for engravings, the one who had done the engravings on Bal'goraths own armor. He was one dwarf that Bal'gorath truly appreciated. The reason was twofold, one because Cintran the dwarf had bothered to properly learn their language, just so he could engrave words for the clan. Two, because he had taken to teaching Bal'gorath some basic things in their free time.

Sitting in a chair outside the establishment, speaking with Cintran, it was then that the gnome appeared. Bal'gorath didn't even notice the tiny gnome, not until he made his proclamation. Turning from his conversation, Bal'gorath searched the crowd for the one who had made the proclamation, hoping to see a mercenary that he could possibly join. Not seeing anyone, he turned his gaze back only to find the dwarf seated and chuckling, eyes looking down, towards the gnome.

Turning to look in the same direction, Bal'gorath couldn't help but laugh himself. Even as he chuckled, Bal'gorath spoke to Cintran in Common, voice significantly deeper than Grone's voice, and most definitely filled with mirth.
"And my tribe said this venture wouldn't be amusing. Hah! Gone less than three days and I come across this."

Still chuckling, Bal'gorath rose from his chair, standing to his impressive 9 ft in height(2.74 m). Hefting his war hammer onto his shoulder, Bal'gorath strode over to stand near the gnome. Simply staring down at Grone, Bal'gorath waited for him to say something, grinning a toothy grin the entire time.

Lia | Grone The Maddest

There were mumbles of laughter and many Dwarves ignored Grone which only fuelled his anger and frustration more. He pulled out his greatsword and held it high over his head with his two arms, "don't let my size fool you, I will kill you all!" There were more laughter as people walked past him and then he saw it. He could feel the ground tremor as a colossal being stormed over to Grone. This giant being was massive in size and cast a long shadow over Grone. He didn't know beings got as tall as that or as thick. It was impressive, but the fight inside Grone was not subsided, he was scared but he was still pumped with adrenaline ready to take on the being. He could fight and win, giant boy would find it hard to hit Grone being smaller than usual opponent.

There was a human too, another tall being, not quite a giant like this monster standing in front of him but Grone was still shocked that others could be that tall! Staring at the monster, he growled and held his sword ready. "So, think you can take on Grone The Maddest?! Strongest Gnome of The Spine! I will cut you down giant! There are stories of giants in the Gnome lands! We've fought worse!" Grone shouted in his deepest voice possible as he stared the giant down with his intense, angry eyes.

Lia Bal'gorath

• Popcorn
  • Yay
Reactions: Lia and Bal'gorath
"Hey hey hey!" Lia said as she raised her arms.

The Rangers of Alliria of course had very little power in Belgrath. The Dwarves liked them, especially after they'd assisted in the siege, but that didn't mean she had the same authority as she did back in the Reach.

All she could do was try to keep the peace. "There isn't any need for that."

Lia glanced up at the tall man that had approached. If she had to guess she would have said he was an orc of some sort, though he was tall for their like. Certainly he was no giant, Lia had met a few of those and they stood even taller than he.

"There's other fights to be had." She assured the gnome. "Adventures in the caverns."

There were rumors of monsters in the deep, creatures lurking in the dark.

• Yay
It seems he wasn't the only one who found this situation amusing, if the laughter of others was anything to go by. Regardless though, it didn't seem to deter the thing, small creature that it was. Its tenacity actually impressed Bal'gorath somewhat, it wasn't often that small things stood up to something so much larger than themselves. Upon hearing the creatures proclamation, Bal'gorath laughed once more. So this 'gnome' really had fight in him, that was good. Grinning down at Grone, he was about to respond when another stepped in. Turning his gaze to the woman, Bal'gorath grinned down at her. There was no need for violence, but if the little gnome wanted it, Bal'gorath was more than willing to give it.

"Well little lady, if the gnome wants violence, who am I to deny him?" Letting out another rumbling laugh, Bal'gorath shook his head with mirth before focusing on Grone. "Besides little Grone, I've fought beasts 10 times as large as what you've fought. This skull on my head isn't just for show, it's a trophy of a beast larger than anything you've seen. That said, I'm not here to fight, rather just passing through, looking for work. I'm a mercenary you see."

Still grinning a toothy grin, Bal'gorath shifted his gaze from the woman who had intervened to the gnome that had issued his challenge. To him, they were both rather small, the gnome in particular. Plus, it was the first time that he'd truly interacted with others outside of dwarves, so he was making sure to remember ever detail of this encounter.

Lia | Grone The Maddest

• Yay
Grone spat on the ground as the giant man laughed and lectured him, it was outrageous that either of these tall people tell him what to do or what not to do. He was going to fight when he wanted to fight and talk when he wanted to talk. Shaking his head, this giant man seemed to think he was better, or tougher than Grone but Grone wasn't just a pretty face, he had some brain muscles too.

"And you be 10 times my size so you be wrong to think my achievements aren't worthy of boasting!" Grone shouted loudly as he pounded his chest several times. "I will fight creatures 100 times my size, I will take on anyone. Grone is the strongest Gnome of all time!" Grone shouted and chanted, feeling his ancestors cheer him on in the back of his mind, ignoring the actual silence that filled the air.

Looking over to the tall woman, "I will fight wherever the fight is!" Grone growled loudly as he was ready to fight hard against any monsters out there.

Lia Bal'gorath

• Popcorn
Reactions: Lia
Lia could feel tensions rising in the air.

Some of the dwarves were also looking now, though it seemed most of them were just amused at what was going on. None of them seemed like they would intervene, and it Lia could feel a keeping sense of dread come over her.

Best to avoid all this. "Look."

The Ranger quickly began.

"We don't have to fight, there's a better way to settle this." She suggested, looking at the massive Orc before glancing back towards the gnome. "How about a hunt?"

The caverns around this city were well known for their beasts. Massive monsters that even the Dwarves tended to avoid. Why fight one another when a contest of hunting these creatures would suffice all the more?

Might even help someone out too.

• Yay
(I am so, so, so very sorry. I forgot this thread because I thought I replied and realized today that I hadn't replied. I feel like an idiot for it, really sorry and my sincerest apologies!)

At Grone's statement, Bal'gorath couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle. It was true and it made the orc laugh that he hadn't thought of it himself.
"You got guts gnome, and I admire that."

Having said that, Bal'gorath held the warhammer down before clipping it back to his belt. Still grinning, he noted that the gnome wanted to fight no matter the target. Turning to gaze at Lia, Bal'gorath nodded thoughtfully, realizing a hunt would be perfect. What better way to start off an adventure than to go on a hunt. It was a quest of sorts afterall.

"I would be most willing to hunt. Depends on what we want to hunt though. The cave monsters or the forest animals. Or even the forest monsters? We have many options here after all."
Laughing again, Bal'gorath rumbled out another deep chuckle, grin never leaving his face.

Lia | Grone The Maddest

• Yay
The giant complimented Grone on his guts, that was something that Grone was always famous for amongst the other Gnomes but he didn't think that giants would see sense. Grone puffed his chest, proud of his determination. Looking at the smaller giant, Grone narrowed his eyes, thinking on where they should fight to prove his might.

Shrugging, there were too many choices, Grone just wanted to kill things, he didn't care where they fought or who they fought. He was just pumped to take on a worthy opponent. "I don't care! As long as I get to kill something I am happy!" Grone shouted, it appeared that he only had one volume, and that was loud. Though his voice wasn't the deepest or intimidating for those so much bigger than him.

Lia Bal'gorath