Private Tales Forging the Links

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Some would say you are also a living weapon, or myself," Miri shrugged lazily. "It does not mean that is what defines it, does it?" a quirk of the eyebrow. She didn't move her eyes to where the blades were but she could see them just beyond the woman's peripheral vision. They stopped, quivering in anticipation. The elf ran her eyes over the woman, the tightness of her shoulders and the way her hand itched for a weapon. This was going one of two ways.

"I'm from the Ixchel Wilds and I have handled more than my share of wild creatures. If she is safe anywhere it is with me. If you hear of her hurting innocents then you can come and take my head as well as the girls," for that was how confident the elf was that Mara would not intentionally harm another. She had said as much herself - the other half of her only came out when she was under threat. Like now. Desperately Miri wanted to look behind her to see how Maranae was reacting but she dared not.

"If my word alone you do not trust, perhaps we can come to a more material agreement."