Private Tales Follow Your Truth

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Tharu San'Seya

Destined Son
Character Biography
Link
The castle that stood tall where the lush grove had once rested was massive and immaculate, a testament to the dedication of its new King on turning the Spring Court into something that was respected and acknowledged by all. The city that would be built surrounding it would house the throes that Tharu's father wished to bring to his Court, creating a place where all who loved the tenets of life and freedom could live as one with said life. Even so, Tharu had not expected Nairth to charge him with providing a tour to somebody who perhaps looked to join them. Could she be the first of many? What seemed a simple job was in truth quite important; Tharu's impression on her would likely be a deciding factor in her choice.

Of course, the young duanann was overthinking. He always worried far too much about failure, about others' perceptions of him. Tharu did not wish to be disliked, especially not by the gorgeous woman he led up the staircase from the Great Hall and into the vast hallway that ran around the sides of Grovehaven. The sounds of the Coronation were dulled, blurry through the thick walls now, and once they were far from the commotion and the crowd he would turn and bow low once more to her. "It is truly a pleasure to meet you. Dianthe was it?" The simply dressed young man kept his hands joined at his waist as he turned to lead her down the corridor, lined with windows that looked out over the forest.

"If... I'm being totally honest, I haven't seen all of this castle myself either. King Nairth only constructed it several days ago, you see. Up until recently, the Spring had the forest, and that is just about it." Not that he'd seen much of it; he'd been kept hidden away in the Grove for much of his life, a dark secret of his father, up until something had changed within him that caused him to rethink his actions. Tharu still wasn't sure what that was, but he was thankful for it. Coming to the end of the hall, three doors await them, seeming all going to different wings of the castle. "I've done my best to map it out, but even I get lost." He admits, chuckling a bit as he turns to face her once more, the smile on his face softer now.

She was quite a sight, Dianthe. So full of life Tharu thought it a wonder she wasn't already in Spring. It almost made him nervous... certainly he'd not had much experience with women before. "Even so, my job is to help you decide if this place is right for you. If you join, you will be housed in one of Grovehaven Castle's many rooms until the city below us is complete. You will likely be appointed a position by my father, and he will speak with you to find out what that position should be. Other than that, you will have the freedom to do as you please."

Dianthe Cyrene

• Bless
Reactions: Dianthe Cyrene
It was a sudden shift, to be pulled from the boisterous and heated coronation crowd. Dianthe welcomed it, things of that nature tended to overwhelm her after a time. She was not used to it, and didn't think she ever would be. The other fae were so wrapped into their dramas, and she was not inclined to be a part of such things.

Dianthe followed Tharu up the staircase, the sounds receding even more as they walked. She studied him quietly, he looked much like Nairth. There was no doubt of the familial resemblance. Her fingertips trailed the banister as they ascended and her eyes looked to every corner drinking in the magnificent creation that had once just been a Grove.

Once they were at the top, Tharu paused and bowed low to her. She returned the gesture with her own and smiled softly. "It is a pleasure, truly Prince Tharu." She did not know if he preferred the title or not, but she couldn't not ignore the title unless told otherwise. He was dressed simply, as was she. Her green gown paled in comparison to the other fae downstairs. She wasn't frivolous, and preferred freedom of clothing. Her typical dress made of vine or flower.

Tharu was explaining to her that even he didn't know the entire castle yet. Her fingers trailed the walls and a wistful smile was on her lips. "I can feel the magic in the walls, the power that went into his creation. It is a feat I would not attempt on my own." He admitted to occasionally getting lost himself, and her eyes shone with amusement. "It must be quite a change for you?"

He stopped to face her, the soft smile on his lips earning one from her as well. He was a handsome fae, that she could not deny. Her eyes were drawn to his, though she quickly looked away. "I just want to feel like I'm home. I've visited Autumn, and quickly discerned that it was too rigid for me. The wild of Spring, I just want to make sure it's right for me. It's It's heavy decision that I hope you'll help me figure out." She tilted her head at the mention of a position. "He would give positions freely to new fae in his court?" She pondered it a bit more, surely there would be a lot of thought that went into such a thing.

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu supposed he was technically the Prince, but it was certainly the first time he'd been called such by anybody. Hearing it from her lips nearly made his face burn red with embarrassment. The many years spent in isolation, as an inferior, had turned the young Duanann into something that very few of his kind were; humble, meek and lacking in confidence. Tharu saw himself not as Court royalty, but as a servant to the King, his father.

It felt... strange, to see the reflection in Dianthe's eyes, seeing him as something more than that. Her inference about the effects of the drastic change the castle must be for him led him to chuckle, nodding his head ever so slightly as they reached a large balcony hanging over the side of the tower that faced out from the front of the castle. "I've spent my entire life living in my Father's grove. Only once did I ever leave, and that was to attend a ball with him in Autumn. Even then I was magically restrained."

There was an unmistakable hint of sadness in his voice, his form moving smoothly towards the railing at the edge of the balcony, soft hands gripping it as he leaned forward to look out over the forest. It almost seemed that Tharu spoke more to himself now than to Dianthe, but he continued nonetheless. "My father can be... Unfair. Overzealous. His decision to punish me for the sins of my sister was cruel."

He paused. Was it wrong to voice such concerns? They had been lessened over the last few weeks, certainly... Still, to speak ill of his King when Dianthe was considering joining his Court... "And yet over the last few months, I've seen such a profound change in him. Ever since the Solstice Ball, I've witnessed him become kinder, compassionate. I've no idea what caused this change in him, but this Castle is the culmination of his transformation."

Tharu remained quiet for a moment, merely staring out into the open air with a look of great ponderance in his gaze. Finally, he would turn back to Dianthe with a soft smile. "I apologize. I fell into a monologue. What matters is that The Spring is returning to form, and I am proud to serve Life and Freedom and to protect the natural order of the world from those who would corrupt it."

Dianthe Cyrene