Private Tales Fated With Stranger Tides.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Quellyn mulled through his words in her mind and took her time in answering. A bad business deal, huh? she thought to herself. She didn't like the smirk on Isak's face and there was a sinking sensation at the pit of her stomach. At Cutter's words she felt a rush of goodwill for him.

"Alright, we'll hear you out." She gestured gracefully for him to continue. They'd at least hear what this sketchy person had to say. It depended on how risky the plan was, but she didn't see any easy way out. No matter what, they were stuck in the streets of this new city with Isak as their best bet on surviving the place.

Farrou had taken his leave as they were attacked by the mercenaries. Now, the elven maiden sensed her familiar flying nearby and told him to wait at a distance for now.

Isak had eagerly waited for their response before he could move on with his plan. He was well aware of the fact that life in a city like Alliria was all but a game of favours, exchanging currencies that were far more complicated to come upon than gold and silver.

He took a few steps forward, his look fiercer and his demeanor cold. It was time to talk business now. "There's a powerful mercenary running things on the poor districts of the city, you just met her a few moments ago."

The young man paused a bit to inspect their reactions, he needed to make sure those two would somehow trust him to successfuly get them out of that mess. It was a risky move, but Isak was a shrewd player of that game. It was how he managed to stay alive in that dirty business - survival of the fittest.

"She knows me, and the two of you were at the heart of that battle earlier. She will no doubt hunt the three of us down, unless we can work on a... partnership, if you please."

He took out a purse filled with coin from his coat, throwing it at Cutter. "I can assure you'll get paid for your troubles, and I can also provide you two with a safe place to stay while we think of a way to rid this beautiful city of that woman."

Of course he wouldn't say what was really in it for him, but Isak wouldn't really do a favour for Alliria out of the kindness of his heart. Getting rid of Reina would open a path for his growing influence in the crime underworld, and it would be one less person after his head. It was all a game of angles, after all.

He only hoped he had been convincing enough for the two of them.

Standing strong, hands clasped at his rib cage. Isak closed in and started on his proposal; he was versed in speech, his manner sound and steady, he mentioned the woman screaming like a banshee at the town gate, and how she was the primary cause of the incident earlier. The events were all starting to come together, one after another.

With every word it became harder to reason with why he should restrain his blade from her neck. Unfortunately cleaving the head off a snake wasn't as safe as people make it seem, out of reflex alone the body will still thrash and struggle.

the sound of metal banging together as the cloth sack flew in his direction, his hand outstretched Cutter caught the coin purse and peered inside guessing there was more than enough for him and Quellyn to get by.

"If I had my way, I'd merely allow her to find me, then send her and any other unfortunate souls that followed to the afterlife. But I'm certain we can all guess how that would turn out." Cutter pupils turned crimson, the sack gained a scarlet hue and levitated beside him as he walked to Quellyn leaning in to whisper once again.

"I think his offer might be our only way out of this."

Last edited:
As Isak explained the situation, it seemed like there was little option but for them to join forces. He tossed Cutter a coin purse and Cutter caught it deftly. When his pupils turned a ruddy hue she was surprised but didn't react much to it. Telekenetics were rare but not unheard of in Fal'Addas. A useful ability, she noted.

Quellyn lowered her voice to a soft murmur. "As much as I don't want to partner with him, I think you may be right." Turning to Isak, she said in a carrying voice, "How can we trust you not to kill us the moment our usefulness is outlived? Forgive my forthright speech, but you don't seem like the helpful type." As much as she didn't want to offend, she thought it best he knew where things stood. She might be forced to take up his offer, but by no means did she trust him.

In her heart, she was anxiously running through the situation. They were in a city where she didn't know anyone. They had no concrete plan. A violent woman was after them. And their only way out seemed a risk as well. Perhaps her parents were right, this was doomed from the start. She really hadn't expected to come across trouble so early on. The journey there had been much less eventful. A broken wagon wheel, a brawl at a bar which she had gotten out of without a scratch due to the fact that she had been sitting near the door.

The presence of Cutter did nullify her fears of having to go it alone, however. And she was grateful for his company and happy she had asked to travel with him earlier forming a closer alliance than she ever could with Isak. Nevertheless, Isak was powerful as he had demonstrated in the fight. But he could still turn against them for a number of reasons... Quellyn sought reassurance from Cutter.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cutter Wright