LFG Facing The Silent Killer

Tera Lynx

The Biologist
Character Biography
Link
Once gain, as stories go, a small village has become a stage for events great and small.
The village, Haven's Stone, a rural settlement of farmers and tradesmen. A resting spot for travelers and pilgrims seeking the gateway to the fortress of the Templar Order, a bastion where the great vaults bear magical and blessed locks to contain immense and ancient evils and artifacts.
Under the proverbial shadow of this great defensive structure what significance does little Haven's Stone have besides providing goods and supplies to the Templar living there?

Well, truth be told... nothing. Haven's Stone has nothing there worthwhile to set it apart from any other village stage. The simple ring of houses and shops gathered around the town center with its little well could only house no more than a hundred people, and that's including the farm houses well outside of its protective border of the watchmen's lamp.
A medium sized mansion houses the mayor of the village and his family, the large home rests near the town square.
Only the hearts and souls of those who lived there could make Haven's Stone a truly special place, how many hearts and arrows were carved into the live oak, how many stories their elders told around the hearth, how many generations had tended the same family fields, all those who left and returned from great and wild adventures, all those ancestors who were buried in the graveyard of the tiny chapel.

A simple life, and one not a one of them would trade for the world!

... Or so they thought...

A silent killer enters this peaceful and heartfelt narrative.

----------------------------------------------------​

A plague of unknown kind and origin is afflicting the innocent village of Haven's Stone. It starts out small and harmless but as the weeks draw on the symptoms slowly become more and more severe.

A doctor responds to calls for aid to do her best to battle this "Silent Killer", but a doctor is not all that is needed. With the majority of the villagers unable to work the economy suffers, the fields need tending, the livestock cared for, the border fences need repairing. With the village watch also suffering this quiet place also finds itself defenseless from any monsters or bandits that may take advantage of their vulnerability.

This thread is planned to take place over the span of weeks, during this time the village will be battling the plague as well as any external threats. At the beginning of each week a report will be given of events that took place and events that are now taking place (Or some variation of that).
Over the course of this thread the plague will grow mostly unabated with an increasing threat level from the virus itself. While characters may offer different means or methods to combat the plague and magic could be used with varying degrees of success in an attempt to cure the plague the ultimate conclusion of the plague is to set the stage of the final boss for the characters to face.

This sort of adventure is designed for at least four writers (Including myself as half-GM half-writer).

Sounds interesting. Not sure what good I'd be against an illness, but I would certainly love to see what any investigations of mine might do.

Vulpesen
Your connection to the fae might give your character a unique outlook on the virus!
Plus the virus isn't the only threat. Monsters and bandits will also be making eyes at the vulnerable settlement, so your combat and magical skills won't go to waste!

If anyone else is interested; this LFG is still open! We're looking for at least two more writers!
I'll be posting more information here.

"Let me mark it on your map!"

Here's the location of the village. The Templar Fortress stands on the coast and Haven's Stone stands as the gateway and pilgrimage resting spot to reach the fortress.
proxy.php

• Wonder
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
Still open? trying to throw this guy in more threads and perhaps Xzaars knowledge with botany could help? Botanical medicine and all that
also he has no problem with fighting threats