Private Tales Dusk and the Day to Come

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Mercer tilted her head, a teasing smile on her lips. "Artesto is certainly interesting company to have, or so I've heard." She of course was alluding to the rumors that Silas had slept with half the class, certainly an achievement for boyhood. She cared little for sexual escapades and once she had graduated and served her time, she had no doubts her father would marry her off, nobility had its cons after all. Still, she was and always would be a woman of duty.

The silence blanketed them for a few moments, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It gave her a comfort she hadn't felt once since coming into the fist of the Academy. It had been a relief, especially after Zephyrine had kept her distance, and Thraah had threatened her because of correct course of action. Thraah did not belong, of this Mercer had become certain.

"You'll sleep, I've seen all the drink you've put in your gut Soldier. You won't have the ability to keep even one eye open." She nudged him in the ribs, grinning at her newfound friend. Still he surprised her again, he would look but she doubted he would find something that she yet could not. Still, it was hopeful he would be so kind as to try. "I appreciate you helping me look, but now I no longer want to speak on it. Now I just want to drink you under the table."

Rhidian

• Bless
Reactions: Rhidian
Rhidian grinned, "Yeah, yeah. I reckon you're all talk, Alwin."

But the next hour had been just about that: Rhid getting pissed enough that he was a grinning idiot the whole time they talked, and it was a good thing his face became numb with drink, otherwise his cheeks would have been hurting.

"So, wait... you're actually nobility? You're not pulling my leg on that?" This had been his third reiteration of the question, unable to tell if Mercer was being truthful or not...

Rhidian would probably be the first and last to see Mercer in this way. She was laughing and joking, a smile on her face. She and Rhidian had committed to trying to outdrink each other, and it was still unclear who was winning, A laugh of utter amusement at his bewildered expression made her choke on air as she sucked in a big breath.

"My house is minor house under Virak, and we specialize in wine. Don't you know your houses Soldier boy?" She grinned, words slurring slightly as she poured them each a refill. "One day, I get to be married off to some poor bastard that has no idea who they're dealing with." She tapped her mug against his as she began to drown herself with drink.

"You aren't seriously friends with Artesto are you? I heard he's gotten himself in trouble with quite a few of the other girls."

Rhidian

• Smug
Reactions: Rhidian
"Ah," he grinned, lifting the new bottle he had liberated from the bar, "wine. Of course, they say it is the nectar of the gods." He washed his words down with a grin and a generous swig. Her question caused a laugh to peal from his lips, tipping the bottle of gin in her direction. "Artesto and I are a great pairing of friendship, much like wine and the right meal, Lady Mercer."

She could very well go to punch him, and he would be slow to dodge in this state. They should retire soon, as they and their company would continue on to Vel Anir in the morn. Rhidian made no move to move just yet.

"He grew up in the Guard before the Academy. We both have an understanding of such a life... and truthfully, I am glad for it. Made the shift in routine that much easier for me."