Private Tales Draconic matters

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Sathirena

Character Biography
Link
Frostspire, the ever still mountains, derelict of all life but one.

Within its embrace was a lair of massive proportion. The cave was not bare, for all was covered in either snow or ice, deep cyan in colour and as glassy as crystal surfaces.
Empty it seemed, though it was not, there at the end lay a gravid dragon.
Whoever stood by her mighty head, now was greeted with an eye snapping wide open.
It's dilated pupil narrowing into a thin slit as it focused on the man.

Llothr

• Love
Reactions: Llothr
The journey had been chilling.

In a time long gone, he'd have trekked these lands in a much more comfortable manner. But alas, it was not as it once was, and so through there he drudged. Through harsh wind and bitter snow, over ice and rock. He was loathe to come to such a place like this, but there was more to this barren waste than dotted settlements and vast nothingness.

He felt a presence, one decended from some of the most ancient in all Arethil - and its presence had drawn him.

Since the first moment he sensed it, the hand of fate revealed itself unto him. This meeting had been written. And so shall it be.

And so there he had come, and there he now stood. He stood confidently, and betrayed not the uneasiness which had sprung up inside he, even he, who had walked these lands in ages passed.

He spoke to her in a pleasing tongue, "forgive me, great dragon..." and he bowed, cordially so at that, "...but I would humbly seek your council."

All throughout Eretejva, he'd never been more chilled than he was now.

Sathirena

• Yay
Reactions: Sathirena
The dragon stared idly at the little man, her heavy eyelid drooping slightly before finally blinking.
»And why would I, greatest of the Eretejvan beasts give you my time of day.« She scornfully replied, not averting her gaze one bit.

• Scared
Her voice was like a powerful drum beating against his very chest, and it boomed in his ears. He could feel that her claim was indeed true, greatest of the ice land's beings.

"If for no other reason, than that I - like your mighty self - descend from ancient blood, older than that of the mortals of today..." he stood now upright, and a different posture was upon him, "for you, though flesh and blood, are a creature of magic."

"I too, am such a creature."

Sathirena

• Devil
»Do not compare yourself to meee, mortal,« the dragoness spoke riled up.
»You petty people of the lower blood only talk and flount. Prove me, prove your mettle.«

• Dab
A smile crept across his lips,

"Mortal...?"

Not exactly...
He stepped back, and gave his staff a little bump on the icy floor beneath his feet, generating little more than a small flash of light. He stood there still a moment, before lifting his hand above him and looking up.

"Sjon framvír un bleihm."

He looked back to the great dragon. Above him, a small pulsing light took shape. It hummed there for a moment, before its shape turned into that of a spiral, then into a circle. The light spun, and shimmered, and sparkled. At its centre the light revealed an image.

It showed a great beast of fire and majesty - a colossal dragon. It presided high over the land. But the dragon was consumed in a darkness and reshaped into the image of a man.

"Indeed, I come to you robed in the flesh of Man. But only due to a foul curse that has been set upon my spirit..."

He gritted his teeth, clearly angered by this apparent reality.

"However... The council I spoke of was not for you to I, but rather for us both, for while my misfortune has come to pass, there is another."

The man in the image came before another beast, shining of beauty in the northern light. But a shadow too overtook her, and she was left desolate.

"The image you see now came to me some months ago, and it has drawn here - to you."

• Yay
Impressive. The dragoness indeed then rose her head into the air.
The little man seemed only smaller and smaller as the projected image of stories engulfed the space between them.

She tilted her head as the magic began to dissipate, inhaling the residue magic soon after.
The dragoness began to contemplate, magic fuming from her mouth as heavy mist off a mountaintop.

Images presented before her, truly were incomplete. She let the thought sink in further.
»Hmm. Truly it is when a great one is trapped in a lesser body, I do not understand why some choose it willingly,« she snarled. »I fear I cannot help you with your plight, but my fate is my own.«

• Love
As he had feared. Though there was great power in the blood of dragons, that power was not absolute. Perhaps in the ancient days, but no longer.

He offered yet another bow, this one of respect for her expressed empathy. It was no small gesture - having lived in the state he had, he knew it more than he ever could have otherwise.

To speak to me in such regard in such a state...she is indeed kind.

"Of course, great one. And I fear even I who have seen have only so much to share - save for this..." and another spell, and another image. It sailed high through the air above Arethil. Then it appeared, a skewed image but discernable to the experienced eye.

The Eldyr Tree.

"I have seen my path to lead me here, and here there is to be a tremendous happening. The gravity of which I cannot truly understand... But I feel to tell you of this... why? I know not. But I would humbly beseech you, that if ever your heart draws you there, that you would go."

• Wonder
»The Eldyr Tree « The dragoness slowly rumbled. It's been centuries she had not visited that magnificent tree.
She might have just been a young lass in the look for her first love all those years ago.
Nevertheless.

And I suppose one's wingless would not go so far into my domain without a good reason or cause, she thought to herself.

»Speak, if your words are true, I will accompany you to this place. «

Last edited:
  • Yay
"There will come a time soon... after the shadow has once again touched the world, and the city of gold be woken.

There is a place, where my ancient heart resides. Through it my immortal body is bound, and my spirit trapped in this frail vessel.

There are those that seek it, and know not what it is. For it holds another secret. I was stripped of my form, but it was inhabited by another. The most terrible of foes. In foolish greed, they will loose it.

And there it will go, to the Eldyr Tree, to draw from the ancient magics there and revive its own ancient strength. It must be defeated so I may be whole once more.

You and I will be different then.

But I will seek you, if you would help me. I cannot do this task alone."

• Yay
Sathirena lowered her head again, resting it on her mighty claws.
»To you, time is not essence, such is the nature of the elder beings. « The dragoness murmured, narrowing her eyes. »When my brood is read to hatch I'll be of no assistance. Keep this in mind, forsaken one.«

• Bless