Open Chronicles Diamond In The Rough

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Issy nodded her head, and with a lot of talent she reached over with one hand, felt the cup in his and then with the other poured the liquid into his cup stopping, before it over flowed.

She sighed softly and shrugged.

"Not really, I'm letting fate take me where I need to be, at the moment, I'm here." A gentle clink from her placing the pot back on the tray echoed a little.

"Thank you, I worked rather hard to make something out of nothing as they say."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Su Jun Seo
"Hmhm, many of us do...and often times we are rewarded greatly for it." The bald man said, his eyebrow tilting a bit as he watched her pour more tea. There was somthing about her movements that he couldn't quite put a finger on; it was as if there was somthing inhibiting, yet she moved with such grace and confidence that it was hard to really say what it was...

Perhaps he was just over thinking things...

"Well, I suppose you've done well for yourself now...but tell me...were that two change tomorrow, where do you see yourself moving?" It was an honest question, not that he expected anything to happen. It was always an interesting to see how people thought, especially were they to be put under pressure.

• Sip
Reactions: Isabeau
Issy smiled to his statement and with a nod of her head, she let him see she understood his meaning, once she felt the tea cups full she set the kettle back down, and took up her own cup, caressing it in both hands and took a brief sip of the warm liquid.

She pondered his question a moment before, she replied with.

“I guess, I’d move on to the next place sharing my knowledge and wares there.” She shrugged her shoulders gently.

What he had asked whether he knew it or not, was her life. Issy, found herself in the clutches of her gift, that demanded payment, that came in different packages but ended in the same way, those who hadn’t moved on, would.

It would leave one to think that, such macabre might leave a large twisted empty hole in the woman’s heart but no, it actually helped heal it in an unusual way, and there for this was the eternal circle she’d dance until she would take her last breath.

• Popcorn
In some ways, it was what he had expected she would say...expected of really most people whom traveled. Keep moving, keep going, life isn't over till it is...it was a sentiment that he could share. After all, he wouldn't have been on this continent now had he not have such a line of thinking.

"That seems fair...I wonder though, In your time moving...was there anywhere in particular you felt...particularly attached to? More so then others? Or has it all just been one...journey?"

She seemed to be the thoughtful kind when answering, so he wondered what she would say to that. It would also be a good moment to learn more of how the people around these parts think. There were days that he had to remind himself that people around here were considerably different then those from back home....

• Popcorn
She found it interesting that her new employee was so curious, specially about her and how she saw and felt about things. It would leave her to believe these questions weren't really for her, but maybe him, it was only a guess after all.

Issy once more brought the cup to her lips sipping the liquid gently and then placed it down once more.

"That is a very good question, as I think on it, not really. . . I guess as I come to think on it, the place I was born never truly felt like home and I have never really felt attached to one place, to be honest. So, I'd have to say it has always been one big journey, but isn't that what life is?" She replied kindly.

• Popcorn
"That it has...that it has..." The bald headed man smiled while nodding. It was the typical answer, which was perfectly fine. Often times the more common of answers underlined the similarities between people, which allowed people to come together under the same cause. Something that he knew all too well...back in a different life...

He chuckled again, as he finished off his tea.

"Well, I suppose that's enough chit chat...better get back to work, huh?" The bald man stood, stretching out himself before taking a look across the store. That was a good little break in between their work, but one didn't want to laze out too much. Better get back to cleaning...

• Popcorn
She smiled listening to him and with a nod she stood gently taking the tray.

"Indeed, as you wish. do not work yourself to hard." She kindly said as she turned on her heels and began to move toward the back room. Issy paused briefly turning her head to the side.

"I just want you to know, I appreciate you and your help and I do hope you like beef stew, I'll be making this for dinner tonight." She gave him another smile and then turned her head back, heading ever so gracefully toward the door.