Fable - Ask Devil is in the details

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
She smiled at the idea of her current actions being considered impolite. If Konrad truly felt that way, he would hate to see her when the belligerence actually takes hold. In fact, she thought she had been quite considerate of his needs, even if it was to eventually serve her purpose.

"No, you can't slake it." She admitted. "But I have seen it tempered. But that is besides the point." She replied, having instinctively crossed her arms as she rested against the table. "If I were to cut the soul into several pieces, equal parts would render seven segments. Each of those, when harvested properly, can provide an energy source for the arcane. The sort of energy that one might need to...say...punch through the film that separates worlds. Of course, that film inherently heals itself, but that is also besides the point."

She twisted to pull the charm from the box. "Magadine Gilfried, a young woman who was sentenced to execution for robbing the wine cellars of Sol Terra. It was a punishment that didn't fit the crime..." She shrugged. "But who am I to tell the Duke how to run his Dukedom? Either way, I forcibly extracted her soul as she passed from the world of the living. Generally, it is far easier to do this when someone dies - the act helps to grease the wheel, as it were. Far less resistance as the soul is fleeing anyway."

She stood straight. "So...I need a few more of these and would prefer to not do it from the living. It can be taxing and doesn't always go as it should. If you want to waste the blood, that's fine. Either way, I need the power source."

kindpng_2149991.png
"Gaps can be maintained," he countered swiftly, not missing a beat.

"Permanently even, provided that you possess the adequate resources," Konrad added, his fingers hovering over the hilt of the sword that was attached to his hip. He licked his lips, his eyes trailing away from Callisto's face.

"There are places in this world where the basest of emotions have been scorched into the fabric of reality by terrible suffering. Magic is naturally attracted to such places. A sorceress such as yourself should find it a facile effort to extend her will and tap into this congealed essence."

Konrad walked over to the pair of side-by-side doors that led out of the laboratory. His sinewy, skeletal fingers coiled around the brass knobs, allowing him to swing the doors open in a single, effortless motion.

"And besides, there's enough gutter trash and prisoners to go around. I'll provide you with the souls you need, and you'll return the favor by providing me with a steady source of... palatable victuals. Understood?"
IMG_20221105_092812.png

Callisto

Attachments

• pngkey.com-white-divider-png-4469323.png
    pngkey.com-white-divider-png-4469323.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Part of her wondered if that was wise. A gaping chasm into hell, maintained permanently, seemed like something that could provide an unlimited source of power for the arcane. But it might also require guarding or warding, both of which she could do if she had but the time to prepare. In her mind's eye, she had thought to pull the demon from its comfortable home, make it bend to her will, and close the gap behind it. That way, whatever remained, whatever sliver of the whole was trapped in this place, it could broken and harvested as she deemed proper.

The skies were the limit.

Crossing her arms, she watched as he moved to grab the bras knobs. "This arrangement suits me. Though I still would need to understand what would be a palatable vittle to you." She had means and the ear of the regent Leventain, who was serving over Sotto Voce in such poor fashion that without her, it might have all fallen apart. Crime was dictated by those who rose above it and with the proper pull, anything could be considered a crime. From here to Sol Terra and beyond, even to Cerak At'Thuul.

"We have the resources needed." Her view narrowed, trying to understand what 'we' meant. "What we need, Sol Terra provides."