Private Tales Debts Must be Paid

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Nikaia

Character Biography
Link
A monster, twice as tall as an average man, with the front half of a lion, the back half of a goat and a scorpion tail. A Chimera. A vicious monster of adamantine strength and toughness hide. Lying dead, with a spear in its open maw, protruding from the back of its maned head. Not four feet away from the monster was a woman, fit and strong, but bleeding profusely from numerous, vicious claw marks. She laid on her back, too weak to stand, her vision darkening, certain that her life was at an end, and she prayed that she had fought valiantly enough to make it to paradise.

She woke, slowly and painfully, uncertain of where she was. She groaned.

• Yay
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
» You were quite in a fight, I advise you do not move much, least my stitchings reopen. « A wary but calm voice soothed in from the darkness of the deep sleep.
The rustling of the wind outside and the crackling of the stove were ever-present generators of noise in this home.

As vision cleared, the surrounding locale finally was to be properly observed. The room was small, it's beamed ceiling covered in fetishes and poppets, not all made of string and twine, some were of fur, feathers and bone.
The walls were laden in jars of herbs, things rather not mentioned and stacks of books both ancient and not so old.
On one shelf stood a large horned owl, it's feet firmly gripping a carved staff.
Lastly a witch rocked on a chair, in her lap a cat and a book.

A kettle's cover began to violently rattle.
» BUDDY, YOU'VE BEEN OUT COLD,« someone present in the room, but not with a corporeal body remarked.

"Where am I? Who are you? And why did you save me?" She asked calmly, her brain processing the information. Her words weren't rude, and she stated her gratitude after the Witch's answer. Then there was the otherworldly voice, which she listened to and searched for whomever said it. Who it was she had no idea, but being superstitious and a firm believer in her faith, she assumed it to be a spirit or naiad. She did as the Witch suggested, and didn't move, at the same time looking for her shield, her spear and her sword, not so that she could fight the Witch, but so that she might be prepared if something hostile were to appear.

"And who is this bodiless voice? By what name do I call you?"

• Yay
» You are in my home, west of the spine, but you know that. I found your body not far from her and I couldn't just leave you there my dear.« Picking up the kettle and pouring some water into two cups, she merely said something along the lines of a 'you're welcome, but everything has its price'.
The aroma of hot dogrose tea filled the air. quite intense in its own right as the scent overpowered the many other pungent smells of herbs, rotting wood and flesh.

» That there is my stove sprite, his name is - «
» I AM THE MIGHTY ARDOMMA, SOLDIER OF THE GREAD ANDROMEDAS. « The voice of the demon was as if somebody tipped a cart filled with bricks.
The witch then walked over to Nikaia, splayed across a padded table and setting down the cups of tea, right now still too hot to drink.

» You are in my home, west of the spine, but you know that. I found your body not far from her and I couldn't just leave you there my dear.« Picking up the kettle and pouring some water into two cups, she merely said something along the lines of a 'you're welcome, but everything has its price'.
The aroma of hot dogrose tea filled the air. quite intense in its own right as the scent overpowered the many other pungent smells of herbs, rotting wood and flesh.

"I know where I was, and now I know where I am, thank you. The captain will be wanting a report, so I cannot stay long. As far as payment goes, I can come back later and pay you." She says calmly. The smell of the tea reached her nose, and she took note of it, and all the others.

» That there is my stove sprite, his name is - «
» I AM THE MIGHTY ARDOMMA, SOLDIER OF THE GREAD ANDROMEDAS. « The voice of the demon was as if somebody tipped a cart filled with bricks.
The witch then walked over to Nikaia, splayed across a padded table and setting down the cups of tea, right now still too hot to drink.

"A soldier you say? I fear that I have heard nothing of your master Andromedas, and I should like to know more. Warlords of all kinds deserve respect."

» I fear you cannot move for at least three weeks, perhaps eight, in which your wounds much be cleaned and washed out daily. « The white witch mused, her appearance beyond ethereal. »Worse, I think soldiers have little of value to give to me.«
The witch blew off the steam from the tea, offering Nikaia a sip, while raising her head and upper torso with the other arm, gently and slowly.

» HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT? THE RAVENOUS MASTER OF 39 LEGIONS OF SPIRITS. « The voice of the stove sprite donned with a certain kind of overblown pride.
Asuego merely glanced back and the oven closed shut, with it the donning demon as well.
» Don't mind him, he's harmless and his lord, Marquiss Andromas cannot touch this world physically.«

• Yay
Reactions: Nikaia
» I fear you cannot move for at least three weeks, perhaps eight, in which your wounds much be cleaned and washed out daily. « The white witch mused, her appearance beyond ethereal. »Worse, I think soldiers have little of value to give to me.«

She sighed in annoyance when she learned how long she'd have to stay. "And what do you value? How can I repay you fittingly?"

» HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT? THE RAVENOUS MASTER OF 39 LEGIONS OF SPIRITS. « The voice of the stove sprite donned with a certain kind of overblown pride.
Asuego merely glanced back and the oven closed shut, with it the donning demon as well.
» Don't mind him, he's harmless and his lord, Marquiss Andromas cannot touch this world physically.«

"I have not because I have not! There is nothing to blame for my lack of knowledge of him, besides, now I do know. As for this Lord Andromedas, I should like to know more."

• Yay
The witch mused quietly for a moment as the soldieress distracted herself with the petty sprite. Ardomma at times was quite a nuisance and loved to get overly excited with new guests. Perhaps she should have told the wounded miss that the sprite was lying through the stove bars as frequently as a fish swims.
» No knowledge I seek, no treasures I seek, only work and labour I need ... «
The witch craned her neck.

»You may have plenty an opportunity to learn about the noble lords of the pits, « her left hand motioned across her multiple stacks of books.

» No knowledge I seek, no treasures I seek, only work and labour I need ... «
The witch craned her neck.

"You need someone to help you with work." She said, mostly clarifying but she was sure that she understood it clearly. She was indebted, so she had to pay it, this meant that she had to meet her savior's requirements. "What sort of labour do you require of me?"

»Worry not for now, when the time will come you will be told, « the witch spoke as if she sung.
»For now you must rest and recover «

»Worry not for now, when the time will come you will be told, « the witch spoke as if she sung.
»For now you must rest and recover «

"Very well. As much as I hate it, I know that you speak truth. I will wait to recover before I try to stand on my feet." She says in response. "How long do you think it will take me to recover?"

Asuego set down the cup of tea, ambling back to her rocking chair.
» I advise you to not concern yourself with such matters. Stress does the body unwell. I'll have to clean your deep lacerations each day with honey until they close from the inside first.«

Asuego leaned back and rocked on her chair.
» Perhaps you can tell me something about you, warioress, to pass the time«

» I advise you to not concern yourself with such matters. Stress does the body unwell. I'll have to clean your deep lacerations each day with honey until they close from the inside first.«

"With honey? Why with honey I wonder? How does using honey assist with the healing?" She asked curiously.

Asuego leaned back and rocked on her chair.
» Perhaps you can tell me something about you, warioress, to pass the time«

"About me? I'm afraid there isn't much to tell. I was raised as all strong children are, a soldier from birth, trained to use the spear, sword and dagger with perfection. I had a standard childhood, moved into barracks at the age of eight, trained until I was eightteen then I was put into active service. So is the lot of every strong child in my hometown.

» Your lacerations are deep and if I were to shut them close, they would grow rancid from the inside. This will be a painful procedure, but the honey will clean the wound and mend the injury.«

The witch continued to rock, while her cat lept on her lap and curled in. For now, she merely listened.

» Your lacerations are deep and if I were to shut them close, they would grow rancid from the inside. This will be a painful procedure, but the honey will clean the wound and mend the injury.«

The witch continued to rock, while her cat lept on her lap and curled in. For now, she merely listened.

"Pain? I can handle pain. It is nothing more than weakness leaving the body, at least thats our philosophy. It makes sense though, I'm afraid I know very little about healing, for me and my people it's mostly 'walk it off or die'." She says with a sigh. "What about you? How did you come to be out here? What exactly do you do?"

» Quite curious of a philosophy, but then, only the strong do survive. « The witch continued to rock.
»My name is Susanna, perhaps you might know me from locals calling out for the... Cutter-witch of Laggend bog. As suggested, I am a witch and deal with naggers and beggars, I deal with curing bloody ox piss and cutting out unwanted bastard spawn.«
Her eyes turned to stare at the warrioress.
»If I do good or bad, it all comes down to opinion. «

» Quite curious of a philosophy, but then, only the strong do survive. « The witch continued to rock.
»My name is Susanna, perhaps you might know me from locals calling out for the... Cutter-witch of Laggend bog. As suggested, I am a witch and deal with naggers and beggars, I deal with curing bloody ox piss and cutting out unwanted bastard spawn.«
Her eyes turned to stare at the warrioress.
»If I do good or bad, it all comes down to opinion. «

"Not so much opinion as what philosophy is followed by what people, if you ask me. I am in the process of recieving your help, so I can only assume that you are at the very least neutral, not evil. It's a pleasure to meet you Susanna, I wish it were under different circumstances, but alas, such is not for me to decide.

» And perhaps one day someone will come, begging me to turn you to a dove.« The witch wickedly chuckled, if only to raise the mood. Nikaia seemed well disciplined, but such mannerism only did well while in a cohort.

» And perhaps one day someone will come, begging me to turn you to a dove.« The witch wickedly chuckled, if only to raise the mood. Nikaia seemed well disciplined, but such mannerism only did well while in a cohort.

“Perhaps. Being a dove doesn’t seem the worst fate one can suffer. I’d be grumpy for a few days but I’d get over it eventually.”

The witch let out a hearthy chuckle. »You seem to be the carefree one, to go with the flow of your destiny. Do you fight against it? «

(a week timeskip sometime soon?)

(Sure)

“No, why fight the inevitable? That is also why I don’t fear death. It will always come for me, so no use trying to avoid it.”