Private Tales Confessions of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She couldn't look up for fear of crying in front of her. Sloan wasn't the type to get emotional, it felt unnatural and weak, but she squeezed her hands in response to the words meant to mollify her. All they did was make that lump in her throat swell painfully. She couldn't help but give a breathy laugh as she recalled the efforts Sloan had made to give the child some joy after her trauma.

"Yes. Well.. You deserve to be happy, Zana." her brow knit and she huffed quietly and lifted her gaze to her. She could still see the young child behind her grown up features, and the tears fell whether she wanted them to or not.

"I can't stop you. I won't try. Just assure me that you won't be reckless."

• Cry
Reactions: Zana
The tears never hit the ground. Zana caught every one with her magic and lifted them into the air like rain droplets. With a bit more concentration she crushed them entirely until they were nothing more than a few specks of light for the briefest of moments. Her hand came up and cupped Sloan's cheek, thumb smoothing over her skin with a lopsided, almost sad, smile.

"I'm always careful," sometimes too careful, her superiors had often said. But it was only because she knew what was coming - or would could come - it always gave her pause as she measured up the lives of people that were about to be lost.

How terribly undreadlord of her.

"And now I've found Talus I... I find myself hesitating a lot more. I don't want to die before we get a chance to be together and be happy."

• Bless
Reactions: Sloan
The woman laughed under her breath at Zana's magic and smiled appreciatively, resting her palm on the comforting hand on her cheek. She'd always been unwaveringly kind despite it all, and Sloan simply admired her with pride for a moment.

She squeezed at her hand at the mere thought of her dying at all and her brow furrowed. "Good.. I want to see it. I want to see the life you saw in your vision, I want to see you happy." she smiled at her and gave a slow nod as she realised that her life's goal had changed a long time ago, the day the child had been brought to her.

"By the hundreds, I'm proud of you." she laughed.. "You stubborn little shit."

• Haha
Reactions: Zana