Fate - First Reply Come take me from this dull world

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
Tag: Favashi

A creature of nature, yet a creature of war... a kindred spirit.

Aivrid simply smiled to the Fae. Indeed she was a creature to be feared for her power, and yet he found himself amused by how easily she was angered. Vorel indeed. Still, he believed her to be a fickle creature. He had changed her mind before and was sure to do so again.

In truth he was amazed by the way she controlled her voice and used it to conjure images of unfamiliar experiences to him. Aivrid could never truly be used to the voice of a human; he had kept his eyes, but the majesty of his voice and figure had been greatly diminished. Without the same control over his voice, his intentions could so often be easily shown through his words. Perhaps, someday, they could converse in their true forms, on much more equal footing.

"Scales?" Aivrid raised an eyebrow, worried for a moment before he thought about what she had said for a second time. Perhaps he could provide some black scales. His siblings had left a few behind when they had... 'left'. "Of course. Though, dragon scales are near impossible to enchant. It might be better to wear armor of a different material. I could provide you with something just as durable, if armor is all you want them for." Parts of one's own body or the body of their kin could be used in nefarious ways. He would hate to be affected by a curse or something else if the Fae decided that those scales were better used to hurt him. By now, he knew better than to argue, and he'd hate to walk into the verbal traps she was setting.

Five questions...

In truth he had not thought often about what he would ask her personally about. He wanted to learn of the rulers of the Fae -- such that he could know what other players there were on the field, and how to deal with them -- but he doubted she would reveal such information, even if he did ask. Instead he went a simpler route.

"What are your weaknesses? Those of the Fae, and you personally," he asked. Yes, it was a pointed question, but he was indeed curious. His demeanor showed no malice.

Favashi ran the golden comb through her hair in one slow long sweep causing it to glimmer. It was as if she were coming threads of sunlight into the very strands themselves. Her lips curved at the slight note of panic in his tone and after another long sweep through her hair she flipped the comb between her fingers and tapped it twice against his nose.

"You are not the only dragon I know," dragon fire was a powerful moulding agent. She just hadn't wanted their scales; blue was simply not her colour. "Do not fear, my word is my bond. The scales you gift to me, armour they shall be," it sounded almost like a spell and the pool beside them suddenly rippled outwards from the very centre. By the time the small waves reached them they were barely more than a shimmer that lapped against the stone. The Fae had clearly deemed the conversation over with and she settled back into combing her hair as he thought over the questions she had gifted him.

She was excited to see what he would choose to ask her.

Or at least, she was until he asked his first question. Her expression soured.

"A word of caution, if this is the wisdom you truly seek, that the Courts do not take threats lightly," but she had agreed to five questions so as she ran the comb through her hair again she answered.

"They're sleeping beneath the roses;
Oh! kiss them before they rise,
And tickle their tiny noses,
And sprinkle the dew on their eyes.
Make haste, make haste;
The fairies are caught;
Make haste.

We'll put them in iron cages,
And send them full-dress'd to court,
And maids of honor and pages
Shall turn the poor things to sport.
Be quick, be quick;
Be quicker than thought;
Be quick.

Their scarves shall be pennons for lancers,
We'll tie up our flowers with their curls,
Their plumes will make fans for dancers,
Their tears shall be set with pearls.
Be wise, be wise;
Make the most of the prize;
Be wise.

They'll scatter sweet scents by winking,
With sparks from under their feet;
They'll save us the trouble of thinking,
Their voices will sound so sweet.
Oh stay, oh stay:
They're up and away:
Oh stay!"

• Devil
Reactions: Aivrid

Quite the poem.

The transformed dragon laughed. "Please. Take it as a compliment! I see you as an equal in many respects. I simply wish to better understand you. After all, there is no better way to understand someone than by their weaknesses." Perhaps in that regard Aivrid was unknowable. At least, so he thought. He listened closely to her words and attempted to make sense of it all. Her answer was... satisfactory, he supposed. He would not attempt to aggravate her further while he began to find 'solutions' for any potential Fae problems.

Perhaps it was a poor decision to begin things with a pointed question such as that. He decided to smooth things over with an easier question. It was time to turn one of her own questions on her. "Have you ever loved someone so much you would die in their stead?'

• Sip
Reactions: Favashi
Favashi set the comb down as he pronounced his next question.

For a moment it would feel as though the warmth disappeared from the world. The sun retracted her gifts and summer seemed to have, but for a moment, fled these gardens. She did not face him as she worked through her answer and best how to phrase it so there was a way that she could both stick to her word to answer questions five, but also in the way that gave him the least information on her.

With this one... it was hard. Fae could not lie, after all.

"Yes," the golden eyes she finally turned to him were agonisingly sad. The weight of it combined with her age would have sent a mortal to his knees in tears. Slowly, she looked down at the water. "But no longer." After his last question on her weaknesses it was probably in her best interest that he knew such a weakness no longer existed.

• Love

What sort of sorcery...

The change in the air did not go unnoticed by the transformed dragon. He glanced at the gardens, feeling as if the sun had just set on the world for the last time. For a moment he thought he may have angered her, but when his gaze returned to her face he realized how sad she was. He thought to comfort her in some way but the idea was fleeting. Instead he found her words paralyzing, her gaze freezing his heart.

For a minute Aivrid was still; he feared that his human form may have failed and he was now trapped. After some time the warmth returned, but his body still felt odd. There was an urge in his stomach -- he was relatively certain it was his stomach, humans had odd biology -- and he was forced to turn to the fountain and dry heave into it. He could not control himself. Tears rolled down his face until he dunked his head in the water and the struggle stopped.

He pulled himself back once more and sat at the edge of the fountain, his black hair now damp. In the midday sun it would dry soon enough. The sensation was new to him; he could not tell if it was pleasant or not.

"My apologies," he said, clearing his throat, "This form is far more fragile than I imagined."

It was time to move past the foolish notions such as love. "Where is your home, and could you bring me there? Not immediately, of course."

• Devil
Reactions: Favashi
Summer crept back into the clearing like a wounded deer. Hesitant, slowly, but finally it spread and touched the petals of the wild flowers all about them. Favashi turned her gaze from him down to the pool and a lily pad that had floated its way over to them. She lent down and plucked the white flower from the pad and then stuck it in her hair in the fashion of a small child. She seemed unbothered by his reaction, as though such a thing were the norm, and instead seemed far more bemused by his next question.

"Of course I could take you."

What a silly question.

"My ... home," the word didn't quite sit with her clearly and after a moment she corrected it. "The Dawn Court, my Court, stretches from the fringes of the Falwood to the cliffs beyond the Forbidden City," at least that was where its influence spread. "We do not draw such strict lines as mortals do," she referred of course to the maps and random boarders people seemed to assign their kingdoms. "It ebbs and flows with our strength like the tide."

• Love