Letters Cleaning Up The Eternum's Messes, part 2: *Attempts* at diplomacy

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

TTamark

Steve Will's son
Character Biography
Link
Dear Gerra, Son of Molthal, God King of Amol-Kalit*, The Djinn of Rhaqoum, Emperor,

First allow me to congratulate you on your recent military successes in the region known as Amol-Kalit, as well as your success in claiming a crown for yourself. These are truly impressive feats. There is no doubt that you have improved both yourself, and your situation greatly since you were hunting treasures in swamps, and failing to siege Belgrath while leading one of the greatest military forces seen to Arethil. I am sure you have shown everyone true hidden talents to have made such a name for yourself in such a short time.

I must admit however I was surprised that when I dropped by to share in the joy of your recent success I found myself not to be welcome. I was rather surprised to find out that somehow our friendship had become sullied, more so when I found out how it had come to be. I want you to know that I am deeply disappointed in how they acted while I was away, as well as deeply angered at how they used national resources for a personal grudge. I hope that you will find at the very least some comfort in my promise to you that I will be making the parties responsible answer to me personally. I can only wish I had been able to come here sooner, perhaps thing could have turned out differently, but unfortunately I had some urgent business that needed to be taken care of in Elbion. But there is no need to dwell on what could have been, instead let us focus on what to do now.

I hope you will forgive me for delaying a touch, but before I continue I need to make sure you are at least adequately caught up on one matter: Who I am. Lucky for you though not all of my deeds are global news, I also do not make my appearances... subtle. Now in recallings of these deeds a picture is painted. I do not wish to beat around the preverbal bush, I am the fool, or more so play the fool. If the fact I am not dead after half the crap I have pulled is not enough how about the simple fact that I am leading a nation of the undead, The Eternum.

Now that you at least know you are not dealing with a fool where my words hold no real weight nor meaning, 'that they are the wind' if I am getting the Amol-Kalitian saying right. I wish to restate what I did at our first meeting: I wish for us to be friends. You needn't even fear too deeply the repercussions of our relationship becoming known as you in power must do. To put it simply: I am a simple fool who chases after friendship, and at the very least I am entertaining. Why shouldn't even one as great as you tolerate my presence every now and again? You must forgive me I tend to deal in hypotheticals as well as I'm known to ramble.

Now for the elephant in the room: The Eternum declaring war. I don't know if you have had similar thoughts, but I think that this war could benefit both sides greatly. The ways are countless, but for fear you see me as being lazy, or the case one pushes you over the edge I shall provide some examples, albeit briefly: I believe we will both find it useful to have a scapegoat in each other. Few things can unite a people like a hated enemy. Second we are a world apart, this means that neither side will likely have to risk an all out war. Just the occasional hypothetical raid, unless something more that hypothetical is required. Lastly, for now, say a group of people wished to be your enemy, would it not be foolish for them to not to try at some point to turn to others who already your enemy?

If nothing else I hope that I have at least peeked your interest, and I can look forward to your response. I hope we can talk face to face in the future, but if not at least maybe we could keep an open dialogue with each other. Simply give the bird who carried this letter your response and it shall find me.

Much love,
Steve

Steve, son of Will, spudmancer supreme, Founder of Farms For Salvation, necromancer of friends, apothecary to all, first member of The Eternum, Father of the Chicken-Orc race, and founder of The Royal Eternal City

P.s. I hope to see you at Maho's fight, it might remind us of older times.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Amankh Kaltar
When Gerra received a letter from the necromancer Steve Will’s son, his first act was to have the parchment checked for any contact poisons or spells.

His second act was to read it, which he did several times.

“I cannot tell if he’s truly ignorant, or if he merely feigns it,” Gerra muttered as held up the letter to a nearby candle and let the fire consume it until only ashy fragments remained.

There would be no reply.

• Love
Reactions: TTamark