Private Tales Civilized Warfare

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Ōjo Akane

Character Biography
Link
(This RP takes place in the Far East, across the ocean of Fyirstaf, off of the current map.)
Akane had finally returned home. Almost two years abroad, spent on the western continents, securing trade agreements and alliances, the biggest one was with Princess Helia Glacies Kyxo and her country Mardania, who they traded with and had a standing embassy in their capital city, and even offered they have one in theirs. But the important thing was that she was home, and returned the Kenji Castle, the castle of her father the Daimyō, Samakura Honganji was his name.

proxy.php

She had been back about two days when she decided to go out for a walk, along the coast to the west of the castle. It was there that she found the stranger. A woman, with animal characteristics much like her people had, but different. She didn’t know who she was or how she got there, until further inspection of the surroundings revealed pieces of shattered timber. She was shipwrecked evidently, so she called for her samurai guard she to help bring the woman back to the castle, where she would receive treatment.

When the woman awoke, Akane would be informed, and she would come to check in on her. She sat on her knees beside the woman’s, who laid on a tatami sleeping mat. “Hello. How are you feeling?”

• Yay
Reactions: Rebecca Fourtuna
Rebecca flopped onto the shore like a dead fish. She had been sailing with a group..Thiers names were muddy in her mind as she couldn’t seem to function properly. Her left eye had something in it. She pulled her self from the sand and felt what it was.

A six inch spike of wood beam planted cleanly through the left side of her head. Her tail pulled it free as the shock and pain left her to let out a yelp collapsing back to the ground.

The wound slowly healed but it seemed sluggish.. her eye already reforming in her head the waves continued to batter her carcass. That was when she saw what she had fallen in front of. “Angel?” She asked it. It was very pretty..completely white..

It was then her body decided to eject the draw water she had chugged on her passage to this place and a deluge of water poured from her mouth as her shoulders heaved.

Her jaw clicking once as it expanded to allow more water to flow out. She suddenly began to hack and splutter as the water suddenly stopped.

Finally with a second click her jaw fully unlatched and the skull of a shark conked hollowly to the ground. Oh yes...She forgotten about that little spat... Spitting out a few of the teeth still clinging to the walls of her throat she cleared it.

Her pink eyes glancing to the woman undoubtedly now terrified. “S-sorry..” Was all she could say. The words of common obviously not her first language, or second. The girl looked rough, wild, and most of all exceedingly dangerous.

Her words muffled for a moment as the six inch teeth that filled her massive maw blocked her already rudimentary speech as they slowly slid back into her mouth to a normal size along with her mouth shrinking back to that of a normal girls as her body finally demanded more rest to heal and her world faded to black at this “angels” feet.

• Yay
Reactions: Ōjo Akane
Not consciously for long it seems. The woman who had collapsed and upchucked something that was larger than she was, which shouldn’t have been, but evidently was, possible. Normally she would be disgusted by such a thing, but seeing as this woman just washed ashore from a shipwreck she could excuse such things. She knelt next to the woman and quickly checked for a pulse, once confirmed that she was indeed still alive, she called out.

“Shoga! Kensei! Tasukete!” She called, (Shoga, Kensei, Help).

Two unarmored samurai, Keiji like her, sporting cat ears and seven tails each, making them roughly as old as she. They each wore black, two wraparound shirts with loose sleeves, pants with legs so wide they would easily be mistaken for a skirt. At the left hip of each was the Daishō, the pair of swords, the katana and the shorter wakizashi. They each wore knee length, sleeved cloaks with no hoods.

(This But black)
proxy.php

“Kanojo wa kizutsuite iru,” She said to them, gesturing to the woman.
(She’s hurt)

The samurai, name being Shoga, looked to his compatriot Kensei. “Itte oshietekudasai. Watashi wa kanojo o motte imasu.” (Go and tell them. I’ve got her.)

Kensei responded. “Hai.” (Yes)

So Kensei whistle did for his horse, which galloped over, and was swiftly and nimbly mounted, before galloping back to the castle. Meanwhile Shoga picked up the woman and began walking back to the castle. Help was sent and a healer was preparing for her arrival, to treat her when she arrived.

The medic was done with her not long after she arrived, she wasn’t too badly hurt. Akane came in a few minutes after she was informed that’s she had woken up, and walked in. She sat on her knees beside the stranger, and spoke in western common. “How are you feeling?”

• Yay
Rebecca’s eyes snapped open. She sprung to all fours. Long, sharp spines of bone sprung from her forearms and tail. Her pink eyes a deep red. Her jaw remained its normal size however as it seemed more of a startled reflex than an ambush.

She froze.

The hair that lay in a birds nest of dreadlocks and half braids tracked a bit further down her neck and along her spine. The hair was starkly upright as her breathing slowed and her tail whipped lazily before the inner weapons retracted and her eyes turned back to their friendly pink.

“S-sc-scar-rad-duh..” She said still feeling fuzzy on what words to say. She could under stand them alright enough but forming responses only left her brain to static and small flashes of pain. Yet she tried regardless. “Hu-Hun-gah-ree.” She stuttered our. The eye she had pulled the wooden stake from began twitching as her struggle only worsened before she fell into an awkward if not some what embarrassed silence. Her ears finally flicked forward and it seemed all of her hackles were now lowered for the moment. However her eyes still farted around the room every moment.

Constantly watching...

While a sweet creature it seemed or at least not evil natured Rebecca gave off the vibe of a predator. A tiger was a great play mate as long as you kept them fed.

But If something startled them or gods forbid they were hungry they could turn with no evil intent. While Rebecca gave off that she may be slightly more intelligent than a simple beast it was always a possibility.

• Sip
Rebecca’s eyes snapped open. She sprung to all fours. Long, sharp spines of bone sprung from her forearms and tail. Her pink eyes a deep red. Her jaw remained its normal size however as it seemed more of a startled reflex than an ambush.

She froze.

Well that was unexpected. She looked curiously at the woman as spines shot from her forearms and her hair stood on end. She behaved akin to an animal, but from her having spoken before, and the look of terror in her eyes did nothing to hide her intelligence. She was sentient, and probably capable of a great deal more than just this panicked reaction and animalistic behavior.

“S-sc-scar-rad-duh..” She said still feeling fuzzy on what words to say. She could under stand them alright enough but forming responses only left her brain to static and small flashes of pain. Yet she tried regardless. “Hu-Hun-gah-ree.” She stuttered our. The eye she had pulled the wooden stake from began twitching as her struggle only worsened before she fell into an awkward if not some what embarrassed silence. Her ears finally flicked forward and it seemed all of her hackles were now lowered for the moment. However her eyes still farted around the room every moment.

After she said these things Akane scooted closer, very carefully, very slowly. She knew not to move suddenly when someone or something was frightened. She slowly reached over to put a hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay little one. You don’t have to be scared anymore, you’re safe. Our doctors have healed you as best they can, and I will see to it that something is brought to you to eat as soon as possible. I can hardly blame you for being hungry, I imagine I would be too.”

“I can go get you something to eat, please, lay down and rest while I do. And try to calm down, you’re in no danger here.” She said gesturing to the floor mat and the blankets Theron that had been flung aside by Rebecca’s sudden leap.

Rebecca watched as the hand extended. Tensed as it was placed on shoulder. But in that moment she felt calm. She looked at the woman’s ears curiously but kept her words to herself. It still didn’t feel right to speak.

This place was strange to her and she feared to speak or move out of turn would send her back to the nightmare of reality. Everything was so...well...clean. She felt like one confronted with a painting. Looking with out touching. The woman’s words were lost to her even if her ears tilted at the sound. Her eyes finally locked with the woman.

Her breath stilling.

• Bless
Rebecca watched as the hand extended. Tensed as it was placed on shoulder. But in that moment she felt calm. She looked at the woman’s ears curiously but kept her words to herself. It still didn’t feel right to speak.

This place was strange to her and she feared to speak or move out of turn would send her back to the nightmare of reality. Everything was so...well...clean. She felt like one confronted with a painting. Looking with out touching. The woman’s words were lost to her even if her ears tilted at the sound. Her eyes finally locked with the woman.

Her breath stilling.

Akane smiled at the newcomer. Slowly and carefully scooting over to the stranger. She gently gestured for her to lay down while she gathered up the blankets she had flung aside.

“Rest a moment. I’ll have some food brought up.” She said calmly.

• Yay
Her own ears were perked up cheerfully. Trying to communicate a pleasant emotion to put the stranger at ease.

Food... Rebecca perked up breaking from her trance. Her stomach letting out a growl. Her injuries were minor.

But healers would have found difficulty with working with her flesh. Her demonic energy fighting their cleansing and healing magic.

She needed food to heal.

“food..” She struggled out. Obviously some injury to her brain was causing a speech malfunction. Food would help heal it perhaps? And maybe she could start speaking the words she knew but simply couldn’t pronounce.

“Food.” Akane confirmed. “Give me a moment and I’ll be back with some fish.”

So she again gestured calmly for the newcomer to lay down. Then standing up calmly she walked out of the room. After a few minutes she came back in with a boneless, scaleless cooked fish sliced neatly Andy evenly with some rice and boiled bamboo scutes on a neat wooden tray accompanied by a broad cup-bowl filled with water.

She set the tray down in front of the girl then scooted back and let her eat.

After she was done she would ask in the western common language, “you are from the west right?”

Rebecca attacked the food. By the time she was burping a good portion of the plate had even been a casualty. As she ate her body turned the organic and in organic matter into useable material and soon a splinter 4 inches long pushed out of her brain exiting out of the back of her head, a black and bloody glob of disgusting gunk. Suddenly the words came to Rebecca. She blinked as her brain slowly healed and the neurons began firing again just in time to hear her question. “Y-yes..I..I think so at any rate. Did...did I make this mess?” She asked glancing around at the carnage her feasting had left in its wake. “I..oh..” She looked embarrassed and apologetic.

• Nervous
Rebecca attacked the food. By the time she was burping a good portion of the plate had even been a casualty. As she ate her body turned the organic and in organic matter into useable material and soon a splinter 4 inches long pushed out of her brain exiting out of the back of her head, a black and bloody glob of disgusting gunk. Suddenly the words came to Rebecca. She blinked as her brain slowly healed and the neurons began firing again just in time to hear her question. “Y-yes..I..I think so at any rate. Did...did I make this mess?” She asked glancing around at the carnage her feasting had left in its wake. “I..oh..” She looked embarrassed and apologetic.

The ferocity with which she ate was alarming to say the least. She barely had time to process the fact that she ate before something long and black forced it's way out of her head and onto the padded floor. Disgusting.

But she knew that her guest had had a difficult time and journey, so her ferocious eating could be excused, and it wasn't her fault that... whatever it was, came out of her head. So far she was a little short on manners but not inexcusably so.

Then she spoke, and she seemed sheepish at her making of the mess. Even apologetic. She smiled, "it's quite alright. I'll clean it up in a moment. But first, tell me, how did you get here? And what happened to you?"

“I..I was on a ship..in a cage?” She blinked..in all honesty what had happened over the past few DAYS escaped her let alone anything afterwards. “I can’t remember much after that besides the storm..” but it hadn’t been a storm had it. The gnashing teeth flared into her brain causing her to jump slightly and her tail to poof out like a feather duster. “I..It was a pretty bad one..” She said shortly looking back down at the floor. She realized it was padded and began poking it. A floor should be hard but this was soft some how? She looked back at the woman.

“I..I can help clean up..” She offered looking back up with a smile. A pained smile but the warmth was genuine. Forced in the sense that she didn’t seem like she really smiled often. Her razor sharp teeth putting most people on edge. Seeming to remover this she kept the smile but closed her lips to hide her life endingly deadly maw.

“I..I was on a ship..in a cage?” She blinked..in all honesty what had happened over the past few DAYS escaped her let alone anything afterwards. “I can’t remember much after that besides the storm..” but it hadn’t been a storm had it. The gnashing teeth flared into her brain causing her to jump slightly and her tail to poof out like a feather duster. “I..It was a pretty bad one..” She said shortly looking back down at the floor. She realized it was padded and began poking it. A floor should be hard but this was soft some how? She looked back at the woman.

“In a cage? I’m sorry.” She said sympathetically. The proofing up of her tail alerted her to the woman’s unpleasant experience in said storm. Of course it was unpleasant. She was in a cage then shipwrecked. And when she arrived she belched up an entire shark, which was odd but not priority.

“I..I can help clean up..” She offered looking back up with a smile. A pained smile but the warmth was genuine. Forced in the sense that she didn’t seem like she really smiled often. Her razor sharp teeth putting most people on edge. Seeming to remover this she kept the smile but closed her lips to hide her life endingly deadly maw.

“That would be lovely.” Akane said with a smile herself, and a small purr. “May I ask your name? I’m Akane.”

She herself had larger canines than most humans, appearing almost vampiric, but it was that way for her species as a whole. The purring was a sign that she was content, or happy. She saw a potential friend in this strange woman, and while she’d definitely be ignorant of her homeland’s etiquette, that was excusable so long as she was polite.

Rebecca seems to understand the purr on an instinctual level as her tail went back to its usual cat like apperence.

Her teeth seemed to comfort Rebecca as well.

She moved on all fours around the room checking the place out as she made a quick pass before beginning to gather up her mess. She seemed a bit more comfortable now. Her smile staying closed lipped however as she was now slightly guarded against offending the woman than she was of any possible danger. As she passed she paused. Circling the woman a few times.

Curiosity plain on her features as she examined the woman’s tails. Glancing at her own before looking at the woman’s again. She reached out to touch one as if in a trance. Curiosity getting the better I go her awareness that she herself did not like to be touched and others might not want that as well.

“Pretty..” She muttered. Her eyes almost sparkling with admiration at the girls white fur and hair. She regained her composure as she seemed to realize what she was doing and pulled away going back to sit in front of the woman as she had been.

“Are you like me?” She asked directly. It seemed she was not one to beat around a bush. A noticible tone entered her voice as she spoke. Hope. She was hopeful. Maybe she wasn’t the only one..maybe she had finally found where she came from..

• Thoughtful
Rebecca seems to understand the purr on an instinctual level as her tail went back to its usual cat like apperence.

Her teeth seemed to comfort Rebecca as well.

She moved on all fours around the room checking the place out as she made a quick pass before beginning to gather up her mess. She seemed a bit more comfortable now. Her smile staying closed lipped however as she was now slightly guarded against offending the woman than she was of any possible danger. As she passed she paused. Circling the woman a few times.

Curiosity plain on her features as she examined the woman’s tails. Glancing at her own before looking at the woman’s again. She reached out to touch one as if in a trance. Curiosity getting the better I go her awareness that she herself did not like to be touched and others might not want that as well.

So she moved on all fours. Interesting. She recalled that her kind, especially the younger ones, sometimes had the urge to walk on all fours, feeling almost natural to them. She was circled by the stranger after she had gathered up her mess, which was very polite of her, then she touched one of her tails and it twitched at the touch, a little surprised, but curiosity was evident and she let her.

“Pretty..” She muttered. Her eyes almost sparkling with admiration at the girls white fur and hair. She regained her composure as she seemed to realize what she was doing and pulled away going back to sit in front of the woman as she had been.

She beamed. “Why thank you. You’re quite pretty yourself.”

Then the stranger sat in front of her, seeming to remember her manners. So she was a little unrefined, not unaware of how to behave but she slipped up, not a problem.

“Are you like me?” She asked directly. It seemed she was not one to beat around a bush. A noticible tone entered her voice as she spoke. Hope. She was hopeful. Maybe she wasn’t the only one..maybe she had finally found where she came from..

“Maybe,” She said thoughtfully. “I doubt we’re exactly alike but I would not at all be surprised if there was more than one similarity. We may not be just like you but we might be close. We could certainly find out.”

• Yay
“Oh..” Rebecca seemed a little crestfallen at this, but her enthusiasm rebounded quickly at the mention they may have some things in common..

She was tired of being alone.. Her mind then clicked as if just registering what the woman had said previously “Your pretty yourself.” Her eyes glowed pink as she seemed to take the compliment to heart and it left her beaming.

“Terrifying. NIGHTMARISH. Disgusting.” Were words generally reserved for her. Not pretty. “T-thank you..” She said still hardly controlling her beaming grin. She threw her arms around the woman in a hug that had the affection of a loving pet and the strength of a steel band. Not painful or dangerous but with Rebecca’s face obliviously buried in her chest it seemed personal space, and what parts people shouldn’t be touching were both foreign concepts to her. She was also very naked and seemed that she should be wearing clothes seeing as her fur covered her bottom half.....pretty well.. but her top showed the blessings of a woman that should be covered.

However in this moment of holding her new found friend close Rebecca suddenly tensed. Her nose flared as she smelled something. Her ear twitched as she suddenly pushed ojo aside and free from her grasp as a shredding sound occured and three throwing stars meant for the white fox made their home in Rebecca. “Ow!” Rebecca said with slight indignation at the sudden attack.

Her eyes shifting to red. Her claws popping out and her teeth and jaw extending. Her scales even flared up leaving her to vanish from the visible plain as she waited for the attackers to make the next move.

“Oh..” Rebecca seemed a little crestfallen at this, but her enthusiasm rebounded quickly at the mention they may have some things in common..

She was tired of being alone.. Her mind then clicked as if just registering what the woman had said previously “Your pretty yourself.” Her eyes glowed pink as she seemed to take the compliment to heart and it left her beaming.

So she had hoped they’d be the same and was a little bummed when she had said she thought that they probably weren’t the same, but brightened up when she said that they might be similar. And she clearly liked the compliment she paid.

“Terrifying. NIGHTMARISH. Disgusting.” Were words generally reserved for her. Not pretty. “T-thank you..” She said still hardly controlling her beaming grin. She threw her arms around the woman in a hug that had the affection of a loving pet and the strength of a steel band. Not painful or dangerous but with Rebecca’s face obliviously buried in her chest it seemed personal space, and what parts people shouldn’t be touching were both foreign concepts to her. She was also very naked and seemed that she should be wearing clothes seeing as her fur covered her bottom half.....pretty well.. but her top showed the blessings of a woman that should be covered.

Well, that was unexpected. She hadn’t expected to be hugged by the woman, and the strength with which she was held was impressive for such a small body, but she’d had apparently fought with and consumed sharks so she wasnt as surprised as she could be. She wrapped her own arms around the newcomer, returning the hug a little more gently. Her nakedness didn’t bother her, she too was a woman after all and she didn’t have anything that this woman didn’t, at least so far as basic anatomy went.

However in this moment of holding her new found friend close Rebecca suddenly tensed. Her nose flared as she smelled something. Her ear twitched as she suddenly pushed ojo aside and free from her grasp as a shredding sound occured and three throwing stars meant for the white fox made their home in Rebecca. “Ow!” Rebecca said with slight indignation at the sudden attack.

Her eyes shifting to red. Her claws popping out and her teeth and jaw extending. Her scales even flared up leaving her to vanish from the visible plain as she waited for the attackers to make the next move.

(Ōjo is Japanese for princess, not her actual name XD )

Akane had heard something, barely. The sneaky Shinōbi no mōno in the doorway wore clothing that was typical of the denizens of the castle in which they dwelled, two wraparound shirts tucked into a pair of loose pants, with straw sandals on top of two-toed tabi. He carried a katana, but not the shorter wakizashi, and he had a few extra throwing stars. He had black hair and ears, with five tails protruding from his posterior.

Rebecca disappeared from sight, but the Shinobi was not easy to fool, and he launched a second volley of stars right at her in the same motion with which he reached across to draw his sword. Akane had in the meantime drawn an identical pair of pronged daggers, and stepped in front of the shinobi, her thoughts on the woman who had disappeared. She doubted that the Shinobi was after her, doubtless Akane was the target, but still it was better to avoid collateral damage.

proxy.php

She ran at the attacker, and she engaged.

“Stay back!” Was all that was heard as blades flashed but rather than the clang of metal against metal the dulled thud of steel hitting bone met the ears of those in the room. Rebecca was already sporting three new throwing stars in addition to the three she had already received. One even striking and sticking out of her right eye. She checked behind her to see that Akane was alright she smiled of that was the case. Her blood red eyes flashing pink as they reverted and she turned on the attacker. Her anger burned like a furnace. Her hand clasped around the katanas blade a slickly green fluid leaking from her hand and already beginning to eat into the blade. “You should have brought more.” She growled. Releasing the blade and allowing him to stab her. Taking the offending arm by the wrist she would simply pull it off. Like a person would pull apart the leg from a chicken thy. “I’ll still be hungry after you.” She said her mouth and teeth naturally seeming to form an evil smile as Blood splattered the walls as the man fell back screaming.

Rebecca dropped the arm and casually pulled the now wasting away katana out of her gut dropping it as well. Her mouth watering as she dove onto the attacker and Akane was given a front row seat to what their own embrace could have easily turned into had she not shown herself a friend to this girl.

It was not pretty.

Soon not even his clothes were left as she devoured him in messy chunks. As she sat in the aftermath catching her breath her flesh would begin to push out the throwing stars leaving no evidence they had even harmed her. Her body digesting and processing the flesh and applying it to her own.

She sat covered in blood and twisted into her most dangerous form. She stayed on all fours and circled Akane a couple of times checking her for injury before sniffing the air. She smelled no more threats. Seeming satisfied for the moment she then seemed to notice the state she left the room in.

“Oh!” She apologized as her form shifted back to its usual almost cute form and she looked about worriedly. “I..I can clean this back up!” She offered before she burped and half of the man skeletal hand plunked to the ground. “Whoops.” She said tossing it back into her maw. The gravity of the situation seemingly lost on her. Perhaps things were usually trying to kill her. So the rapid turn of events was lost on her.

• Scared
“Stay back!” Was all that was heard as blades flashed but rather than the clang of metal against metal the dulled thud of steel hitting bone met the ears of those in the room. Rebecca was already sporting three new throwing stars in addition to the three she had already received. One even striking and sticking out of her right eye. She checked behind her to see that Akane was alright she smiled of that was the case. Her blood red eyes flashing pink as they reverted and she turned on the attacker. Her anger burned like a furnace. Her hand clasped around the katanas blade a slickly green fluid leaking from her hand and already beginning to eat into the blade. “You should have brought more.” She growled. Releasing the blade and allowing him to stab her. Taking the offending arm by the wrist she would simply pull it off. Like a person would pull apart the leg from a chicken thy. “I’ll still be hungry after you.” She said her mouth and teeth naturally seeming to form an evil smile as Blood splattered the walls as the man fell back screaming.

Rebecca dropped the arm and casually pulled the now wasting away katana out of her gut dropping it as well. Her mouth watering as she dove onto the attacker and Akane was given a front row seat to what their own embrace could have easily turned into had she not shown herself a friend to this girl.

It was not pretty.

Soon not even his clothes were left as she devoured him in messy chunks. As she sat in the aftermath catching her breath her flesh would begin to push out the throwing stars leaving no evidence they had even harmed her. Her body digesting and processing the flesh and applying it to her own.

She sat covered in blood and twisted into her most dangerous form. She stayed on all fours and circled Akane a couple of times checking her for injury before sniffing the air. She smelled no more threats. Seeming satisfied for the moment she then seemed to notice the state she left the room in.

“Oh!” She apologized as her form shifted back to its usual almost cute form and she looked about worriedly. “I..I can clean this back up!” She offered before she burped and half of the man skeletal hand plunked to the ground. “Whoops.” She said tossing it back into her maw. The gravity of the situation seemingly lost on her. Perhaps things were usually trying to kill her. So the rapid turn of events was lost on her.

Akane hadn’t been fast enough, Rebecca already there. She seemed to be hurt but it didn’t seem to bother her. She was stabbed and Akane dashed forward to help, only to witness the Shinobi’s arm ripped off, then almost completely consumed, consumed by Rebecca. And she recovered, her injuries healing and the things stuck in her being pushed out, and no scars were left behind. Odd.

Then she said she could clean it up, and she started to do so. Akane, for the first time since meeting this woman, felt genuinely sick. She swallowed her nausea, and approached the new woman, her kimono had been ripped along the back when she had been pushed aside and it left her entire midsection completely bare, revealing a toned stomach that wasn’t overly muscular, but not lazy or neglected.

She walked up to Rebecca, “why did you eat him? He was an assassin but he deserved some dignity.”

“Hm?” Rebecca was in the middle of trying to clean when the question struck her. She paused her chewing and smiled the same way she had previously trying to ease tension as she seemed to have upset the woman the warmth of the gesture marred by the blood and viscera of the fresh kill. Noticing the disgust her tail sank between her legs and her ears went down.

Her smile evaporating as she cast her eyes to the side. “It..It makes the pain stop..” She said pointing to where one of the throwing stars had been lodged in her eye. “If he had not hurt me first I would have simply killed him for trying to hurt you..” She said. Her logic simple but sound in its own twisted way. At least she thought it was..

• Popcorn
“Hm?” Rebecca was in the middle of trying to clean when the question struck her. She paused her chewing and smiled the same way she had previously trying to ease tension as she seemed to have upset the woman the warmth of the gesture marred by the blood and viscera of the fresh kill. Noticing the disgust her tail sank between her legs and her ears went down.

Her smile evaporating as she cast her eyes to the side. “It..It makes the pain stop..” She said pointing to where one of the throwing stars had been lodged in her eye. “If he had not hurt me first I would have simply killed him for trying to hurt you..” She said. Her logic simple but sound in its own twisted way. At least she thought it was..

She sighed, she had guessed so much. The woman behaved akin to a dog, not completely unusual among species like hers, where they were part one animal and part human. And there were always people who couldn’t control their nature, it was primal and strong, and that was understandable. So she found it easy to forgive this woman for her behavior, but she needed to control it better.

She was told that she would have killed him for his attempt on her life, and she smiled gently, “It’s okay. I’m flattered that you’d try to protect me. I know how hard it is to resist one’s nature, I have my nature too. You just need to control it.”

She put her hand on the woman’s shoulder. “Would you like to control it better? I can help you.”

Almost immediately after she started speaking an armored samurai came around the corner. And his katana was half drawn, ready to cut the stranger in half, but Akane held up her hand and he stopped himself.

proxy.php

“Dō shita?” He asked.

“Shinobi no mono.” She answered, nodding to the bloodstains on the tatami-matted floor. “Daimyō ni shiraseru.”

“Hai.”

• Yay