Folkore/Wiki Question Character Creation Question

Selina Della Altas

Universalist Wizard
Elbion College
Character Biography
Link
What does having your character post as a "Book" do? it says it allows you to have sub-pages, but how do you make one of those? what's involved?

This essentially attaches any subpages of your character together. So if you have a host of NPCs that you mean to submit to the wiki, you can submit them as pages in your character's book. They can still be categorized under the NPC section, but the "pages" for each will be linked at the bottom of your biography page. Makes it easy to collate related material to your character.

I wouldn't recommend using it, however. The wiki is intuitive enough that once you have other articles submitted, they will be auto-linked whenever first mentioned anywhere else (posts, other articles, etc). The book option is really just superfluous at this point.

• Yay
Reactions: Selina Della Altas
Agreed.

I started some projects in the sandbox in the book format. I only saw benefit in so much as each piece of lore is seperate but all tied to the same entity, such as with the Celestial Pantheon. But, each item references the greater scheme enough(again like with the pantheon) that the links are already provided in the articles, making the book format more or less redundant.

• Yay
Reactions: Selina Della Altas