Private Tales Broken Compacts

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
Cal gently reached up and grasped her chin.

His eyes met hers, and for a few moments he simply lost himself within her gaze. Thumb slowly stroked over her cheek, his touch light and delicate. A breath filled his lungs, and then he leaned in to softly kiss her.

It was the only response he could give her. It said more than any word he might have given her, any reassurance or statement in kind. His lips took her completely, softly caressing and drawing her in as his other arm wrapped around her body and pulled her against him.

There was nothing else to say.

He did not know where his life would have been had he not found her sleeping in his home. He did not know what his days would have looked like or where he would have ended up.

Now?

Now his future was just as unsure, but he didn't care because she was at his side. "Let's make this city ours, if only for a day."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Órlaith

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
Órlaith beamed a bright smile at his words and nodded. They could afford that, a single day to explore, to enjoy one another, to pretend that they weren't being hunted down and forget about everything outside of this mountain. It seemed the city really was theirs for as long as they were here, and she'd try not to think about why everyone seemed to have left in a hurry.

She prepared some food for them and even helped herself to some of the wine before they set off to explore a little more, her fingers laced with his as they wandered the halls and corridors before they found a grand ballroom that looked untouched by whatever had shaken the city. Órlaith gaped at it, the high ceilings painted with the night sky, the chandeliers sparkling below it like stars. She imagined hundreds of guests in fine clothes, the music and chatter, the food and the dancing.

She cleared her throat and turned to smirk at him before looking away in feigned shyness.. "Aren't you going to ask me to dance?" she asked in amusement.

• Bless
Reactions: Cal

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
Cal smirked as his gaze dropped from the ceiling and fell to her.

"Well." He asked with a small smile, stepping over towards her and gently taking both of her hands.

There was a surprising...calm, in this city. He felt none of the urgency he had in the other steps of their journey, not of the press or lingering panic. Perhaps it was the two doors that separated them from the outside world, or perhaps it was the city itself.

The silence of it.

"Would you like you dance?" He asked as he softly kissed her. "My beautiful wife."

Cal said with a bright beaming smile.

• Cthuulove

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
Órlaith returned his kiss and reflected that smile back at him, a soft laugh as she dipped her chin and curtsied as best as she could.

"I would love to." she answered.."Though you may need to teach me." she smirked, letting him lead her onto the floor. She slid her hands up his chest to wrap around his neck, pushing all of her worries from her mind. Here, nothing else mattered. They were King and Queen of their own little world, and her chest tightened as she set her gaze on his face.

"If you're up to the challenge." she quirked a brow.

• Cthuulove

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
He smiled at her, gently tugging her close as they reached the center of the dance floor.

Though his family had fallen far before his birth, Cal had still been taught the facets of being a noble. He'd attended Gala's, parties, and all sorts of events in his life. Teaching someone to dance wasn't something he had done before, but how hard could it be.

His arms wrapped around her, one hand drawing over the small of her back and the other gently coaxing along her arm. "Okay, follow my steps."

Cal told her softly, his hand slipping into hers.

"Like..." A slow song began to thrum in his throat, the hum just loud enough for both of them to hear. "This."

He said as he began to lead in her a slow waltz.

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
Órlaith laughed softly as they began to move, looking down at their feet for a moment before she felt able to follow well enough without watching. She looked up at him instead, a beaming smile on her face, the sound he made reverberating through her bones and soothing her tension. Her eyes closed for a moment as she listened and moved along with him, her imagination filling the room with envious spectators.

"You're good at this.." she smiled as she opened her eyes on his face, the sight of his face robbing her of breath and causing her blood to warm slightly. "Why aren't you married already?..." she asked quietly and bit on her lip at the abruptness of the question. "I mean.. Not that I'm not happy that you're not I just, if I were normal I'd have dreamed of .." she laughed under her breath and dropped her gaze. "I just mean I figured that girls would've likely been fighting to get in line." she smirked.

• Popcorn

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
Cal moved slowly across the dance floor, clutching Orlaith so she didn't falter even once.

It was a moment he wanted to savor, to hold close and have with her for the rest of his days. Even if they were short. His fingers tightened gently as they moved, slowly dancing across the floor in that swaying motion. The hum never left his throat, not until she asked her question.

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Maybe it was never right."

There had been a few suitors, women that he'd chased, girls he'd, been interested in.

"Politics is...hard." Perhaps she didn't know. "Most noble families stayed away from us, me. My grandfather fought against much of the Council's policies, railed against...well your family on the streets."

Many had thought of him as a mad man. "We fell into destitution because of that, shame. I spent most of my life trying to claw our reputation back at the behest of my father."

He drew her closer.

"No father wanted his daughter to marry someone like me." Someone who might bring shame. "And I'm better for it."

Cal said quietly as he kissed her.

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
She hung on to every word, her brow furrowing slightly. She didn't know much about the ways of nobility and politics, all she knew was that people were cruel and that he was the only 'normal' one she'd known who wasn't. And yet, he was supposed to be one of the cruellest. She returned his kiss with a deep sigh in contentment, and rested her cheek against his chest as he slowly swayed with her.

"You see yourself as some failure, to your family and your city.. I just can't see how that can be true. You chose for yourself, to be a good man. They think that what they do is good, that they're protecting their people but they're not. We just wanted to be able to live freely and in peace, but because we were born with magic in our blood they think we're evil, when it's them who do the evil things. They make themselves the monsters without even realising it.." she frowned and looked up at him.

"They failed you. And you chose to save my life, and.." she paused, her mouth dry.

"And I'm sorry that I haven't told you already that I love you. I, don't know much about it, but I know that I couldn't live without you, not now. Even to think it, hurts.."

• Cthuulove

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
Cal felt a pang ring through his heart.

It was a feeling of anger, of love, of every color and range of emotion that a man could feel. On his worst of days he could hardly comprehend putting someone like Orlaith through the torture that those men had put her through.

She was so sweet, so kind, so very perfect. Even now she seemed to worry more about him than she did herself. His arms wrapped slowly around her, pulling her even closer and bringing their dance to a full stop. "There's nothing to apologize for."

He said with a soft brush of his lips against her forehead.

"I don't care about them." A fact that he found to be resoundingly true. "My family. Rhagos. Any of them."

Cal breathed. "You matter to me. And I..."

He trailed off as he gently grasped her chin and tipped her eyes up to meet his.

"Would save you a thousand times." Even if it cost him everything. Even if it cost him his life.

• Cthuulove

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
She smiled at the tender kiss to her head and allowed him to tilt her gaze toward him, his words causing her chest to tighten..

"I should've said so outside, when you told me that you loved me. I went over and over it in my mind, and I know that if anything had happened to you without you knowing that I felt the same I'd never have forgiven myself. So, I may not be very good at it, but I do." she laughed under her breath and stood up on her tiptoes to kiss him, her hands pressed to his chest with the intention of sharing her happiness with him.

She flinched as the back of her neck started to heat and her hands recoiled with a quiet gasp that quickly turned into a sigh of frustration. "I wish I could show you.." she murmured and rested her forehead against him.

• Cthuulove

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
"You do." Cal said softly.

He knew that she couldn't use her magic, that it was sealed away. It was another torture, another thing taken away from her along with everything else. The thought made him angry, and a wave of it flickered over him as he fought to compose himself.

A breath filled him, and after a few seconds he reached out to once again gently wrap himself around her. He drew her closer, took one hand into hers and let the other settle on her cheek.. "You don't need magic for that."

Cal assured her softly.

His thumb slowly stroked over her cheek, his gaze locked on hers.

"All you need." He began. "All we need, is this."

Cal kissed her. "Each other."

• Cthuulove

Órlaith

The Abomination
Character Biography
Link
Órlaith beamed at his words, leaning into the affectionate touch and settling her hand over his to keep it there as she pressed a kiss into his palm. She nestled in against his chest and let her eyes close again, allowing him to gently sway her in this, her first ever dance.

She could feel the magic simmering under her skin as her emotions ran so high, it shone in the gold flecks of her hazel eyes as she looked back up at him after a while, a deep sigh tumbling from her lips. It was difficult to believe that this was her life, more believable in fact that it'd be some dream that she hadn't yet woken up from. She reached subconsciously to trail her fingertips along the underside of his jaw at the thought, and smiled. He was real. This was real.

"I think it's time you took your wife to bed." she smirked.

• Smug

Cal

The Failure
Character Biography
Link
A small smirk touched his lips, mirroring hers. "You think so?"

For a brief moment he looked around the ball room, searching for a new door that they hadn't yet used. He found one eventually, and then suddenly before Orlaith could do anything about it she would feel his arms wrap around her.

In one quick swoop he picked her up, tugging her over his shoulder and practically scrambling across the dance floor in a comical run.

"We'll just..." Cal began as they crashed through an ornate set of double doors, his foot crashing against them to throw them open. "Have to find a bed."

His head twisted, half burying in her backside for a moment as he carried her forward and began to search room after room. The loud clattering of doors resounded through his laughter, until eventually he found what he was looking for.

It was an ornate room, half ransacked but with none of the scorch marks or other signs of battle. There was a large bed in the top center, and as he approached it Cal threw his 'wife' upon it.

• Haha