Completed Book Zero. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2578

(Looking for 1-2 partner(s) for this project thanks in advanced)
(One of our partners seems to have left so I am closing this thread for now)

He got up out of his bed. The fort was quiet that morning. Nosdyn never slept...he was unable to sleep since his early youth. He slid out of bed, he always went to bed skyclad to ensure that his partner would see him like that always. It was a small sense of comfort given all that they'd lost up until that point. He kissed Ellsa's forehead gently as she slept. Restless at that point, he slid out of bed and stretched. He made sure to get dressed with simple morning attire. There was a knock on their chamber door. "Come." Nosdyn commanded with a surprisingly respectful tone of voice.

The chamber door was open a moment later and in entered Lliam, one of the soldiers under his command. Lliam saluted Lord Nosdyn. "My lord, I hope I am not disturbing you."

"You are not." Nosdyn reassured the soldier. "What brings you by at this hour?"

"Parcel arrived for you last night. No markings of any sort, I Just wanted to be sure you got this directly." Lliam said calmly, he handed Nosdyn the parcel. "Give the Lady Ellsa my regards." Lliam said calmly and took his leave after saluting.

Nosdyn walked over towards his oak desk and sat down calmly unwrapping the parcel. It was a series of letters and parchment addressed directly to him. His eye narrowed. He began to read as Lady Ellsa had taught him to. The scribings were done in the common symbols, so they were somewhat easier to read than most other languages were. He made sure to read every letter, every portions of them, front to back. The sender marked themselves as someone who KNEW Nosdyn's identity and past. He frowned at that point. The Nosferatu killed my people....unless there were survivors...hiding someplace. Waiting for me, waiting to give me the answers I seek. Nosdyn sighed heavily. After he read the letters, he placed them carefully in a drawer in his desk.

At that point he returned to his woman's waiting arms, removing his clothing carefully before he slid back into the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next day...

Lady Ellsa watched him for a long moment. "You kept her alive." Ellsa said. "Knowing what she is."

Nosdyn nodded. "She has become valuable in her own way. I kept my word to her anyway. Anya approved that I spared her. She taught me the subjugation technique when the time was right. She is in our command but I suspect there is something more."

Lady Ellsa looked at her companion. "I fear for you my lord. I don't want to see you hurt by this devil." She hugged her companion.

Nosdyn nodded. "Don't worry if something goes wrong...the back up plan is in place."

"I do not wish it to come to that." Lady Ellsa said.

"If I am ever bitten, you know what to do." Nosdyn said after moment, kissed her deeply and prepared to go to the chamber where the Vampire Lady waited in the fortress...

"You've returned...why?" The enthralled Vampiress asked of Nosdyn.

Nosdyn narrowed his eye calmly and sat down in front of her, on the floor. It was just the two of them. "You helped me get Anya back. That must have not been easy for you."

She nodded, her red hair cascading down her shoulders. "You'd beaten me there was no choice for me in the matter..."

Nosdyn shook his head. "There i something else I felt it from you that time."

She sighed at that point. "You wish me to say it?"

He nodded. "I want to her it from you."

"I desire you." The Vampire Lady said calmly. "Your appetite, who you are, what you represent. I have never seen someone like you."

"Likely never will again. I am the last of my kind." Nosdyn told her truthfully.

"The Lady Ellsa can give you no child?" The Vampiress asked plainly.

"I think it's me...I am barren. The last of my kind. My tribe. I am unable to have children." Nosdyn admitted to her.

"Why would you tell me this?" She asked, licking her lips at the idea.

He stood up at that point. "You know I am spoken for." Nosdyn said to her calmly.

"I can share." The Vampiress said calmly. "I am certain the lady slayer would not mind."

"Ellsa might." But Nosdyn could not hide his desire for the red head anymore. However, he hesitated still.

"You want me but there's something else is there not?" The Vampiress asked.

"I want to know what it's like for your kind. The thirst..." Nosdyn asked.

She told him the truth of the matter, teaching him all she could of it.

"If I help you with this matter...will you speak to me like this every night?" Nosdyn asked of her.

"You cannot sleep." The Vampire Lady said calmly.

Nosdyn nodded agreeing with her. "I need a far more constructive way to spend my time when I can't sleep."

And they talked like that, many talks would come of every night there after. Ellsa, nor the others at the fortress would question it. He was simply fascinated and perhaps more than a little charmed by the Vampire lady...

• Yay
Reactions: Velera
This had been a subject they had touched before. She had long gotten used to not being able to predict him, and simply stopped trying. So she was just going to react to what he did.

Nosdyn nodded agreeing with her. "I need a far more constructive way to spend my time when I can't sleep."

She cocked an eyebrow. “And what do you mean by constructive?”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He unlatched the cage to let her free while he was present. "For starters you will need to move around for what I intend for us. Don't worry I have already locked the chamber doors for here, we're alone." Nosdyn said to her calmly as he sat down on the floor again after that. "I want to learn more about you. Your people what are they like. I have no memories of my own people."

"Nobody will bother us in other words." He said to her boldly. "I just want you to know that I am willing to trust you. Maybe I am mad for this...but I don't care keeping you alive helps me sleep at night. I didn't want your death in my hands too." Nosdyn said calmly to her.

• Yay
Reactions: Velera
She was relieved to be released from the cage, and her wrists freed from the manacles. “What do you want to know about them?”

• Love
Nosdyn looked at her calmly. She was quite agreeable.

He considered her question for a moment. "Everything. Tell me everything." He sincerely wanted to know what drove the mysterious woman. What was the hunt like for her, maybe he could help her. And in turn...help himself. He smiled at her gently. "I want to know what your society is like. I was a slave most of my life i had no culture...so yours fascinates me." He said to her truthfully. The others at the fortress, and his wife, Anya, feared her. But not Nosdyn...he saw her as an ally. And maybe she was afraid of Nosdyn as much as she desired him. He was able to conquer her with his bare hands after all.

. "Everything. Tell me everything." He sincerely wanted to know what drove the mysterious woman. What was the hunt like for her, maybe he could help her. And in turn...help himself. He smiled at her gently. "I want to know what your society is like. I was a slave most of my life i had no culture...so yours fascinates me."

“I don’t remember my original culture, I do remember the culture of my vampiric clan. I can tell you about them for sure. They are highly hierarchical, and largely fraternal, which means a largely male controlled society. Only one vampire I suppose without a higher up that they are incapable of disobeying is the master. He controls every other vampire in the clan, that means me. I’m a slave to both him and now to your wife thanks to this collar she made.”

• Love
He nodded to her calmly as she explained what they were dealing with.

"You have given me much to think about. I was a slave most of my life I don't remember my people that much either. I was sold to slavery very young." He said to her. There was a Master Vampire they would eventually have to deal with. He stood up at that point and walked calmly towards her. He ran his hand gently through her hair. "No matter what happens in the future and that Vampire Lord comes for us, I see you as an ally. A friend." He said to her quietly. Perhaps there was more to that too. "I want to save you from the fate that will someday come for us all." Nosdyn said to her plainly.

"I want to save you from the fate that will someday come for us all."

“It’s a sweet gesture, but not one you can carry out.” She said calmly herself. “Besides, I can’t act as an ally against him. I can’t kill him, his control won’t allow it, same way I can’t do anything to hurt you thanks to your wife’s know how regarding vampires.”

"We will see." Nosdyn said, at that point was when she was allowed to move freely in the fortress.

Nosdyn left the chamber, with the chamber door open for her as a showing of trust.

Their enemy, Lord Grendric would have power over a lot of the situation. But not over Nosdyn. He would be prepared. He positioned himself in the Vampire's castle on purpose. Sooner or later, The Vampire Lord would come checking on his vassal. That was when Nosdyn would strike...and strike he would. On this action all of their lives depended on winning, or die trying.

There was another matter that kept haunting Nosdyn, he knew he couldn't sire children. He tried for months with Ellsa, and gave her permission to move on from him. Anya would view it different, she would understand. But a growing shadow was in his heart. He didn't want his past to die with him. He didn't want his people to die with him...there had to have been a way, and so he ventured into the Vampire's archives and began to study their people. He was looking a way to deny fate itself.

He knew she watched from the shadows the whole time...he liked how she watched. It turned him on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grendric was not easy to get the drop on, it would lead to war, but he might be able to injure him badly enough that his fighting capabilities were crippled so that killing him was more realistically possible. Either way, it would be a war. And yes, she watched him, mostly so that she would be close enough for him to ask questions or give orders.

Anya was a real problem though, always watching her closely, and glaring while doing so. Always certain that she’d break the collar’s enchantments and attack. She wasn’t dumb enough to do so even if she could break the enchantments. He had beaten her before, with impressive ease, and so she had no intention of crossing him. But no amount of talk would convince Anya.

• Yay
A few weeks later, one night...

He looked up at Velera at that point. "I found something, take a look at this." One of the older tomes contained a clue of an old sorcery that could safe Nosdyn from his cursed state. He didn't want to die knowing that his past would die with him. He showed her the text he was reading, somehow, given Velera's teachings and his own Vampire knowledge of that point he knew their words, their symbols.

"This tome might contain what I seek. An answer." Nosdyn said to Velera. "it's a form of diablerie, but I think you might be familiar with it. It alters the state of blood from what I gather. Though I don't completely understand the diablerie process. But it is a start Velera. I can't have children but I want to save myself from now being able to be a Father. I want to do something about this situation." He looked at Velera, having grown to trust her counsel and her teachings. She was very intelligent, and easy to work with. He proved to be an eager student of their Diablerie arts as well...

“There’s no way to give someone immortality. I think that there’s a way to solve your barrenness problem though, a few spells are used for enhancing various skills and traits of mortals, including healing the like. I think there’s one that can deal with infertility.

• Yay
He listened to her words carefully and nodded a moment later.

"Perhaps...I may be willing to have you perform some of these rites on me." Nosdyn was curious how far their blood magic went. He looked at her with a hopeful expression on his face. "Given my appetite it's a terrible burden. The knowing that as things stands I can't sire a child." He looked away for a moment and stared at nothing for a long moment. He was considering the situation, what he was learning. "Maybe there is a cure for me. You've given me hope." He suddenly looked at Velera. "If I choose to be like you, how will that work what is the process for that?" He wanted to know, he was more and more fascinated by her people and the idea of being a Vampire was charming him. He knew the question would catch his teacher off guard.

"If I choose to be like you, how will that work what is the process for that?" He wanted to know, he was more and more fascinated by her people and the idea of being a Vampire was charming him. He knew the question would catch his teacher off guard.

She looked at him surprised. “You’d, want to be like me? A vampire? Are you certain?”

She didn’t think he was serious. “I can definitely do that if I have too but I doubt that your woman would let it happen. Probably rip my limbs off before killing me.

He thought about the situation. "I can't have children Velera. Maybe this would be a fair compromise for all of us." He smiled after that. "Besides, given that shes accepted you willing or not I think she would not mind in the end. But not right away...I want us both to be certain. Also...I been reading this tome about Vampire sires and lords. There is a passage here. I can free you from Lord Grendic's command here if we diablerie ourselves together. Take a look at that passage very very carefully my teacher."

"The rite is potentially very dangerous but we can do it together. Between your Diablerie and my endurance I want to speak to my wife before this event though. I want to be certain shed be okay with this. I won't keep secrets from you or her." He was a good man to a fault.

"The rite is potentially very dangerous but we can do it together. Between your Diablerie and my endurance I want to speak to my wife before this event though. I want to be certain shed be okay with this. I won't keep secrets from you or her." He was a good man to a fault.

She read the passage and did some basic calculations in her head about what would happen after this. She probably wouldn’t remain the same type of vampire, which is to say that she’d basically hand her ‘vampiric status’ over to him, which would make him a young vampire lord. Which means that her slavery to him would be even more complete, making him her Vampiric Master instead of Grendric. “It looks possible. I can do it, but it wouldn’t free me completely, and you’d need to be a vampire beforehand. It would basically replace Grendric with you as my master. Then if you turn Anya, she’ll be your first turn and make her basically the most powerful vampire you’ll make and the most closely linked to you.”

• Love
He thought about what his Teacher was telling him.

His eye was deeply in thought for moment. "Give me time to consult with my wife. But if we're to beat Grendric then yeah we are going to need every edge we can obtain. We are going to have to make sacrifices here." Nosdyn said calmly with a soft sigh. "With you by my side, if you turn me. I think we can prepare for what is going to come." He looked at Anya very carefully. "My Lady there is a matter we all need to discuss as a family."

Velera nodded her understanding. This was a big decision to make, and it was crossing the rubicon if done. Once the choice was made there was no going’s back. Anya was originally vehemently opposed to the idea, but after a very, very long discussion, and in no small part to her loyalty to his authority, she agreed. But she had a condition, “you are going to be the one to turn me, not that bitch, I want you to turn me. I hate this, but if we’d have to, I’ll do it.”

• Love
They sat together in the master bedroom. The war had already cost them so much but now they were going to be up against an unknown enemy.

He looked at his companions. "I-I'm scared." He said to them truthfully. He knew what had to be done but he wanted one moment of letting them know how he felt. It was already the eve of the ritual and all preparations were complete.

He rarely let people in on his own personal feelings about matters, but he knew this choice would affect all of them.

He just wanted, as a final showing of good faith to tell them how he felt. "If we're to beat that Vampire Lord we have to use his own Diablerie against him and them. Maybe we will be able to free some of them as we did with Velera." Nosdyn said quietly to them as he looked at the ritual chamber...

Velera culled.May. “I’m hardly free. But yes, we may be able to bring some others into our fold, this is technically an altered ritual, originally meant to force other vampires of our breed to accept different masters. But yes it can’t be done. Master Nosdyn, are you ready for this?”

• Love
Nosdyn stood there calmly in the chamber as she'd asked the question.

They'd researched long and hard to find the means to perform the forbidden art. He closed his eye for a moment and nodded right after. "I'm ready." He said completely fearless and without hesitation. He had his upper body completely exposed and the ritual markings etched on his body, they would become permanent after the ritual was completed. He stepped forward the blood energy was already powering the ritual chamber. The entire time Nosdyn was not afraid. He would never be afraid...there could be no doubt there.

He looked at Velera at that point. "Begin. I am more ready than anyone ever has been."

She nodded, and then bit into Nosdyn’s neck before cutting her wrist with her teeth for their blood to contact. He would soon become a vampire, and once that was done she took her place in the small circle outside the large one Nosdyn stood in, and speaking in her clan’s language she preformed the spell, acknowledging him as her superior while he became a vampire of her strain, while the spell elevated his vampiric status. The runes on his skin glowed, and were essentially branded onto his skin. The ritual was completed without a hitch, and he was now a vampire lord. The first order of buisiness was to turn Anya, who did so begrudgingly but without resistance.

• Love
His vision was altered to the point he lost complete sight in he took a bandanna from nearby and covered his eyes. That was the price he'd paid for Vampirism. He permanently lost sight in both eyes...however. He'd gained something else, his other senses became far more acute. He heard the two women's heart beating very quickly and though his eyes could not see his senses developed a heat sensory capacity.

He knew where his women were. He knew by their heat beating, and would be a synergistic trade off for losing his sight permanently. He knew all magic had a price, but that was the price he'd pay. For the visual effects of the Diablery not to affect his eyes, he'd lost his entire sight. He did not even mind. His other senses were already becoming a boon to the martial brawler. He walked over towards Anya's precise position and knelt down before his woman, he wanted Velera to under the love he felt for his woman.

He would cross death itself for her He ran his hand through her hair. "Forgive me my love. This must be done for us to stand a chance." Exactly as the teacher, Velera had shown him, he bit his woman.

Anya herself knelt in front of him, “there’s no need to kneel Nosdyn. I don’t like it but I agreed already. Don’t apologize, do it.”

she pulled her shirt away from her shoulder, from then on she’d be his completely. She was okay with that. So she exposed her neck and shoulder to him, so that she could become the very thing she hated most.

• Love