Completed Book Two. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
Calling it a fortress didn’t do it any justice. Only one level was above ground. And it was of black stone bricks.

Anya and the unit dismounted to get close without being seen. “We won’t be able to take it by force, we’ll need to get her out of there without being seen.”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
He dismounts as well...his heart racing. "We can shadowstep into the fortress." He suggests calmly.

"Keep our escape route secured as we take care of that. We must get Velera back." To state that he was furious was not accurate enough. He looks at his wife at that point and hugs her.

"We shadowstep together."

“Together.” She affirmed. So they did, with Velera as their emotional anchor. They could shadowstepnin, but they wouldn’t be able to shadowstep out.

They appeared in front of Velera, her hands secured above her to the wall, she hung limply From her chains. She looked up weakly, and said with difficulty, “t-trap.”

“You took longer than I thought,” the voice of a man said from behind them. If they turned, they’d see a man clad in full plat armor, with a flamberge over his shoulder. “But better late than never.”

Nodyn saw Velera and did not reach for her right away.

"You cowards are all predictable." He says to the Vampire Lord. "You would have saved yourself a lot of trouble challenging me yourself instead of trying to hurt my companions." He says without turning around. He does not need to turn and face him, his sigh had been given up in all of that. In exchange, he had his capacity to see heat signatures and auras. A mistake his opponent made.

His battle gauntlets were ready.

But Nosdyn recalled the two Vampire Lords he'd faced and defeated on his own. Grendric and the Vampire from the mines.

They know my name... He told Anya once.

He hesitated.

His heart was racing but though he was blind he could see the cowardice of his enemy.

Without turning around he says one more matter. "I can see you coward. You're all the same." At that point the blind Vampire turns around to face their enemy.

"This is going to go one of two ways. You kill me, or I kill you. But you will let my companions go." Nosdyn threatened. One thing was certain, Nos had balls.

"You cowards are all predictable." He says to the Vampire Lord. "You would have saved yourself a lot of trouble challenging me yourself instead of trying to hurt my companions."

“Only if you were our only goal. But you are not, so going after your supporters was our strategy. It’s too bad Anne decided to betray us.” He said just as a pair of guards passed by outside, dragging behind them the late Ellsa, bloodied and unconscious.

Without turning around he says one more matter. "I can see you coward. You're all the same." At that point the blind Vampire turns around to face their enemy.

"This is going to go one of two ways. You kill me, or I kill you. But you will let my companions go." Nosdyn threatened. One thing was certain, Nos had balls.

“Now why would I set them free? What reason could I have to do that?” He said calmly. He was not going to be so easily defeated by Nosdyn’s fists. “If I kill you, there’s no reason for me to let them free. Besides, we aren’t going to be killing each other yet.”

• Yay
"I see..." He said calmly.

He shook his head. "Let me ask you something..." Nosdyn said. "You say you won't be setting my companions free." He said to the other calmly. "But that's a mis step." He made a gesture as if cleaning dust off his hands. "I smell something that stinks in here and it's you. Your lies." He says calmly. "You think you have an edge, an upper hand."

Nosdyn keeps his distance from him. He was counting something in his mind...Anya would understand. He was counting backwards from one hundred. The ticks in his head were deliberate, he was listening to the heart of their enemy. How he beat, how his blood flowed through his body.

"You've wasted your time hunting down a single miner you couldn't trap the first night of the rebellion. You people are all the same." The number one was the trigger, he suddenly allows Skotadi out of his prison within the single dead cell in his blood. He had a way to command and control Skotadi... "You say we won't fight now but I am afraid that is not possible you see...me and you are ALREADY FIGHTING." He releases Skotadi from within his blood, but they do not attack just yet. He merely observes what the coward standing before him would do. "Time's ticking for you...better use your last seconds wisely. I'm prepared to die. ARE YOU....?" He asks and he attacks with Skotadi.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Scared
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
“You have an Old One in your blood. I am an Old One.” He said calmly. “You can not kill what is already dead. Skotadi was my younger brother you know, He and I fought often, and I always won.” The man said unafraid.

Anya went to Velera and began to work on removing her shackles. Once those were gone, she would shadowstep away with Velera to the soldiers, and return to her husband’s side.

• Love
Nosdyn takes in what he had just learned.

"So...is that supposed to make me afraid?" He asks their enemy. "You've only won because Skotadi didn't have me to fight alongside." He said calmly. "Maybe you are already dead but that won't matter for what I am about to do to you." Him and Skotadi fought as one entity but he did something interesting.

He charged up his battle gauntlets to their fullest power.

"I feel...sorry for you this game ends now." Given that his weapons were also unique and one of a kind there was no way their enemy should have been prepared for a full charge of it..."You've done all of this to hurt one miner you could never catch."

Skotadi attacks first, swinging his large reaper scythe towards their enemy.

At that point, Nos attacks with his own weapon.

It is do or die time...

The scythe was cleft by the longsword held by their enemy, and the point of his sword was aimed directly at Nosdyn’s throat. Anya came in to knock his weapon away, and give Nosdyn the opening he needed to land a blow to the enemy’s chest. The blow landed, and the chestplate was dented. He was knocked back a step, but not obliterated as Nosdyn had hoped.

He smiled at him, “nice try. But you simply don’t pack enough of a punch.”

• Love
Right then, Nosdyn lost his patience.

"You're wasting your and my time all this subterfuge to think you've hurt me...no you have not. I have better ways to use my time than mess with some old bastard." He grabs his two women and they prepare to leave.

He already knows what he is going to do.

His society had been compromised and he knew it...it was no longer safe to remain within the castle.

But he took his Velera and Anya home with him.

He cared not for idiot old Vampires and their easily bruised egos.

He didn't bother listening to what the man said. He took his women and left. Velera and Anya were his only concern at that point.

He shook his head. "Well talk about it later. I don't really care anymore." He says grimly as they made their ways home. He had a heavy heart.

Their enemy had a lot of people there and only Velera had mattered.

He couldn't hurt the man as he was at that point and likely never...

He shook his head in disgust.

One single miner...it had all been over the one miner they could never catch.

He knew at that point he was not fit for Vampire Lord status, he didn't want to constantly jump at his own shadow.

It was not for him...

So as a family he would take those who willingly would want to come with him and vanish...

He was tired of it.

• Cry
In front of them, he removes his battle gauntlets and leaves those behind for someone more worthy of them.

He decides that is the last night he's going to partake of that lovely master bed room chamber.

He's giving up a lot and he knows it.

So he looks at them both. "We did our best." He says to them quietly. "Subterfuge is not for me so we will have to think of something else. Old man can go screw himself." He said of their so called enemy who didnt even want to fight.

He shook his head. He knew he had made a hard decision leaving people behind in The Abyss, that was one he would have to live with.

"Starting tonight. I am no longer a Vampire Lord." He says to his women calmly. And means it.

Anya nodded. “Very well Master. I will send for my brother, he will be able to take care of these people.”

The others looked at him with sympathy, and they came over to comfort him.

“We will follow you Master,” Tia said. “Wherever you lead us.”

• Love
He had a heavy heart, to say he was depressed did not quite sum it all up.

He looked at his women's heat signature and undoes his blindfold in front them and also tosses that to the side to be left behind. He reveals his ruined eyes.

He decides to take one last stroll through the castle.

As a keepsake of memory for himself.

He no longer wants to hide any nature of himself. He knows he's brave but his enemies are not perhaps he is the last of a dying breed...

Anya and his women watched him leave. Anya shadowstepped into her and nosdyn’s room and penned a letter to her brother, the new Duke of the kinniger duchy. He’d take care of these people, he’d protect them at least,

"There is one place we can go." Nosdyn tells them calmly.

"Blue Orc village I know about that is in this area." He says to them all. "Thank you all for coming with me. I...didn't want a life of jumping at my own shadow. It's not form me or any of us."

"We will head in that direction for now." He says at least there was some sort of a plan in place.

• Sip
"There is one place we can go." Nosdyn tells them calmly.

"Blue Orc village I know about that is in this area." He says to them all. "Thank you all for coming with me. I...didn't want a life of jumping at my own shadow. It's not form me or any of us."

"We will head in that direction for now." He says at least there was some sort of a plan in place.

Anya said. “My brother will protect these people. Don’t worry about them. And he’s been made aware of the prison and the enemy. He’ll deal with them too.”

Then she gave Nosdyn a hug, then kissed him gently, “Let’s go Nos, you’ve earned peace. And we will help you have it.”

• Love
As Anya mentions her brother, he allows himself a soft smile.

He didn't smile since the nameless enemy was hunting them and they had the fortress of the abyss to seek as well.

He shook his head, it was all so messed up.

"Your brother is a good man." Nos said to her casually as they rode horse back to the blue orc village, "I am glad it will be dealt with." He looks at her calmly. "We've all lost so much already."

Maybe in some ways their enemy had already defeated Nos...

Maybe...

He was deep in though as they made their way to the Blue Orc Village. He knew their Elder from a previous adventure...

(~The End~)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love