Private Tales Blood and Steel

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Miriel nodded almost sadly at his comment. It was what had caused the fall of the Elves, in her mind at least and in her peoples too. It was why even as an insula people who did not trust those of the Outside coming into their homes they encouraged the young to go out still and experience the world, to see for themselves the pitfalls of their kin elsewhere and of the triumphs of other species.

"Elves do. It is their greatest weakness, I think. Even though their great cities fell and a lot of their magic was lost to time because of it they still think themselves better because they are blessed from birth," she finished on her blade and then turned it over. "It's why I like breeding and training horses. None of my magic is linked to animals and it is a skill I have had to learn and am still learning," her eyes flicked to Thorlion who had laid himself down and fallen asleep with his head under his wing. "It feels more satisfying to work for something, even if at times it feels tedious."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kol
Arrogance and vanity, the downfall of many who thought themselves above everyone else. For a brief moment Kol almost offered to take her gifts from her, but he realized such a thing would likely not be very well met.

Instead he simply nodded. "A noble pursuit."

The Sorcerer said in quiet thought. From her own description, she was not like many of her own people. A quality that they apparently shared.

"Perhaps in time others will follow your example." That was what he hoped for himself.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Míriel Fëanorna
"This, I very much doubt," her lips twitched somewhat. "I can hope though I guess. I have centuries to see if it will become a reality," it sounded like a tiring amount of time when she said it out loud but for her it was probably akin to his way of thinking about years. They would fly by. She examined the blade this way and that in the firelight and then, content with her work, she put it back in its scabbard.

"I'm going to get some sleep, it'll be another long ride tomorrow," she stood, stretched. "Do you... sleep?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kol
Kol shook his head.

"Another blessing." Though in truth at times he thought of it as a curse. The Sorcerer did not know when he last slept, and the truth of that ability was something he distinctly did not like discussing with outsiders.

"I will keep watch." He told her. "This forest is not always friendly I have found over my journey."

Though in truth he had other ideas.

When she went to sleep Kol would leave, setting out in order to ensure that their meeting on the mountain would go well. He had to return to the Lost Isles. The trek would be long, but well worth it.

• Sip
Reactions: Míriel Fëanorna
It was what she had been quietly worried about in truth. He was still a stranger and they might have a sort of agreement between them but she had no desires to sleep with him as her only protection. But unless she wanted to break her own code of hospitality she had no option but to incline her head and wandered over to Thorlion. The winged horse gave a small snort in protest as she shuffled his wing a little to make room for her but put her head down and allowed herself to drift in to a half sleep.