Open Chronicles Anyone have any ideas on how to separate two souls?

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Rob grimaced at the mention of confessors. Nasty business. Too bad about this... Ella though. Yew looked down at his falchion. Someone should probably put her out of her misery. No one deserved to live like that.

• Yay
Reactions: Gaheris
Steve looked at Zombie-Ella with concern before turning back to the stables, finally after stealing his resolve he turned to Gullhorn and spoke,

"Yes in my stall there is, in the back right corner, a rat that will have a potato on his leg. The poor thing lost his hind leg so I was taking the opportunity to while I tried to help him also learn about regrowing body parts. I am well versed in healing, but to regrow completely lost body parts is something I am not well versed in.

Please promise me you are not going to harm Ella, I will take full blame for what happened to her, but though she looks like this she is not a monster, she is just a scared girl barely of age who made a mistake. She wants to just return to a normal life, don't let my mistake doom her! I know soul research isn't that advanced, with how dangerous a field it is, but please there has to be someone who can help her, and... her son..."

Steve shuddered, covering his face to hide his shame.

• Yay
Reactions: Gaheris and Urberus
Gullhorn looked on as Steve spoke, but his expression was far from sympathetic. More like... Whatever you would call a poker face, but for someone who was trying not to gag. This countenance of his only worsened as Steve spoke plainly about grafting a potato onto a rat.

"You grafted a root vegetable to a rat?" He balked, so disgusted he shut his visor quite tightly. "You know those things carry diseases, right?"

The Lieutenant grunted and waddled away, heading for the entrance to the stables. From his belt, he unclipped a rather severe looking morning star. "Whatever. Cecilie, you watch this nutter. The rest of you, come with me."

As if on autopilot, Gaheris took a step forward, only to be shoved back by Gullhorn. "Not you!"

The two watchmen and the battlemage marched into the stable, going from stall to stall in search of any more unnatural occurrences.

• Yay
Reactions: Urberus
"Nothin' in here but old horse shite," said watchman number one.

Yew raised an eyebrow. No necromantic paraphernalia? No talking skulls? No souls trapped in gems?

What a waste of his time. Now they'd have to deal with the pissed off city watch too. Unless fusing two bodies counted as necromancy and not just... weird and disgusting.

"Aye it-... what the fuck?" replied watchman number two.

"What did you find?" Gullhorn grunted. "Uh huh. I see. An animated horse skeleton. Classic necromancy."

Rob stroked the gray stubble on his chin, then looked up at his white-haired companion.

"Now what?"

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Gaheris
Steve turned toward Gaheris, confusion and betrayal in his voice,

"Why did you do this? I simply asked for you to help me cure Ella of her affliction? What did I ever do against you?"

--------------------------------------------------
In the barn when the place where the rat with the potato leg was disturbed it cowered in the corner shaking with fear, when one reached for it it tried to run for it, but couldn't move fast with it's still injured leg.

Buttercup, the skeletal horse, as soon as it was discovered, and not by Steve, it quickly charged past those at the door, and began unfurling its wings as it ran for the exit, but could not unfurl all the way as the hallway inside was too narrow.

• Yay
Reactions: Urberus and Gaheris
Gaheris raised an eyebrow at Rob Yew. What happened now? The same thing that always happened at the end of a long day of doing hard, criminal business. "We get paid," he said, scratching his nose nonchalantly.

It was the single underlying motivation for just about anything he did. Usually. Occasionally there was an exception where women were concerned, but that was neither here nor there. It was no secret that the Elbion city watch offered bounties on anyone caught dabbling in forbidden arts.

Ripping people's souls apart to put them into vegetables and merging them with chickens was certainly a forbidden art. Gaheris suspected a necromancer. It was generally that lot of men who so relentlessly pursued soul manipulation as part of their trade.

He turned up his nose at Steve and sneered, quite derisively. "Because you afflicted her. You disgust me, your practice disgusts me. You cannot be allowed to carry on."

Gaheris might have continued, were it not for what transpired next. At that very moment, the doors to the stable burst open, and an undead horse came riding through. It galloped straight past them, leaving Gaheris and the lone guardswoman who held him to gawp foolishly, even as it unfurled its wings and took to the skies.

Lieutenant Gullhorn came briskly marching out of the stable after it, electricity cackling in his gauntlets. He muttered incantations under his breath, firing lightning off into the sky after Buttercup. Once. Twice. He missed both times. The horse, it seemed, would get off scott-free, and unlive to serve another day.

Pity.

"Fuck me, I'm losing my aim," Gullhorn cursed, shaking his hands as if drying them off.

The other guards came slinking out of the stables not long after. One of them holding a dead and rather badly crushed rodent by the tail. "I got the rat."

"Don't sound too impressed with yourself. Someone give this guy his money, we're done here."

The other guard that came out of the stables rudely tossed a small pouch of silver to Gaheris. He caught it easily enough and withdrew a few pieces, which he handed off to Yew.

All in a day's work.

• Yay
  • Cry
Reactions: TTamark and Urberus