Open Chronicles An Unexciting Day

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Noticing Maecey's sudden change in demeanor, Zafira shook her head.

"No, no, I do want to come," Zafira said hastily. Sensing Maecey's suspicion, she turned to her, a bright lopsided smile on her face. "Do I look like I some warrior who'd be able to fight you?"

The question was rhetoric, but nonetheless true. Yeah, she had practice. From her father. A few soldiers she once upon a time had known very well. But it was nowhere near the level of skill required to be a guard, let alone an assassin. The only reason Zafira was able to get away from the prisons or the situations she'd get in was because of her wit. And sometimes, only sometimes, her hand in magic.

Zafira could understand the opportunity. It was why she left Elbion, a new identity and all. Still, Zafira found it a curious thing to go the Guild first. She'd always assumed everyone that worked there had a long life passion for it - rather than just falling into it.

Zafira let herself be humbled for a moment before moving on in thought. She never pretended to know everything. Plus, it was from people Zafira learned the most which is why she had stopped going to college two years into it, shadowing a retired professor instead.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Maecey
"Magic is as dangerous as a fist." Maecey said with a slight shrug.

For a moment she considered her options, wondering if it came down to it whether or not Zafira would stop her from doing her job.

The other woman must have realized the consequences of doing such, plus she could use the help. Magic was indeed very handy. A small groan escaped her throat, and her fingers flittered through her hair as she straightened it.

"Fine." The Halfling agree. "But you do as I say."

Otherwise this whole thing would end in disaster.

• Cheer
Reactions: ZafiraJade
"I'm very good at listening," Zafira said with a mock nod. A clear lie. Zafira was terrible at following directions.

Bending them on the other hand...

Nonetheless, Zafira had no plans of getting in Maecey's way. She would observe, make sure the Halfing didn't get herself killed, and then head back to Elbion, another adventure added to the growing list.

• Yay
A frown touched Maecey's lips, and then she slowly nodded.

This was all against her better judgement of course, but she figured at this point there wasn't really much of a choice. She suspected that if her answer had been no Zafira would have wormed her way into it all in some way.

Best to control the situation. "Alright come on."

Maecey said with a motion.

"I need my stuff first." She wouldn't get very far without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Devil
A bright, pleased smile crosses Zafira's face.

"Yes ma'am" she even added a salute much to the chagrin of the Halfling who looked completely unhappy with the situation. Zafira practically skipped next to Maecey who seemed to still be mulling over her decision. Zafira's eyes glazed around the forest, admiring the greenery. Everything was bright, practically buzzing with life from the slight breeze to the dew dropped grass lapping at their feet.

It reminded Zafira why she loved Alliria so much. An uncomfortable pit resided in her chest when she realized she'd have to leave soon. She pushed the thought away.

"What do you need to get?"

• Devil
"My knives." Maecey answered as she lead Zafira down a winding section of streets and alleyways.

The Magics laced throughout her body meant that technically she could use anything to finish her jobs, but Maecey had never really liked that.

Most of the equipment she carried had been made specifically for her. It was rare, special, and quite expensive. She felt at home with her blades and tools, and leaving it behind was never really an option in her mind.

"And some other things." Turning down an alley they arrived at a small tavern, though Maecey moved to an alleyway beside it. There she ran her fingers along a far well, finding a loose brick and sliding it free. "I always hide it."

She told Zafira as she uncovered a small alcove. "Just in case."

• Wow
"Honored that you showed me," Zafira muttered, marveling at the hidden wall.

She'd been in the alley plenty times over - drifting from fights to mysterious handsome men which Zafira was glad she never saw again. And while she liked to consider herself an observant person, she had never noticed the easy slip of the brick.

Zafira ran her hand against the wall, wondering if she'd feel for any more ridges. She wondered how many other people hid things in random corners and walls - whats secrets and treasures remained buried in a place no one knew existed.

Zafira herself had never kept a safe or a secret stash. She had never had the chance to - anything that was hers never truly belonged to her. It was found by her caretakers, exploited, used as a point of advance - a weakness. Zafira almost felt horrified when she realized that the knives were Maecey's point. It made her uncomfortable, and she turned her thoughts, reminding herself that she was not that person.

"Don't feel too honored. There's plenty like this all over the city." Alliria wasn't a city like Elbion or Vel Anir.

It was just as grand, probably bigger by number of people that lived there, but there unlike those other places there was a wild edge here. Sure there was law, justice, all that jazz, but the people of Alliria liked living a bit outside of it all.

That was why people like her were so common here.

Maecey quickly pulled on the leathers that she'd taken out of the stash, belting on a thin cuirass, a black cloak, and then three knives.

Within just a few seconds the red haired halfling changed completely, even her face taking on a more serious tone. "Alright. That's done."

She commented as she began to walk out of the alley and motioned Zafira to follow.

• Popcorn
"Doesn't make it any less interesting," Zafira commented, wondering if there was another loose brick in this wall.

Maybe there was just one per building. Or side. Zafira shrugged, letting her curiosity for it to slip away.

Zafira had lived in Alliria for quite a few years now, but still, the city was full of wondrous surprises. So much so that Zafira only knew that Maecey was taking her to the Capital.

As for the direction that Macey was taking her in....now that was slightly more questionable.

"Where exactly are we going, dear?" Zafira asked, noting the ratty walls, dark corners, along with the thick scent of piss underlying with tones of vomit. Zafira grimaced. There had to be a better way to get to their destination.

• Popcorn
"Well." Maecey said as they cut through another darkened alleyway. "We have to get to the inner city, where the fancy people like to hang out."

Obviously, this was a different sort of neighborhood.

Nobody within a mile of this place had any sort of money to speak of, at least not any that they had earned through legitimate means. Getting into the Inner-city was not easy though, particularly carrying weapons like Maecey did.

"So, we're heading this way. There's a spot we can use to climb over the walls of the Inner-City." It wasn't watched by the guards.

Tools of the trade.

• Yay