Private Tales An Exchange

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
A

Artemisia Delias

The small town of Emlyn was absolutely lovely. Nestled into the hillside of a northeastern part of the Allir Reach, the town was mostly agricultural. It landed on an important road towards Alliria, which made it also fairly lucrative in terms of trade.

How Artemisia ended up here? Wandering the roads. She had made sure to bring several potions with her this time, at least. Healing, various trait increases, protection, and the like. She hadn't brought enough when she first left home and decided she wouldn't end up in a city without something to fall back on.

Her backpacks that riddled over her rear and human back were much smaller and much more contained for wilderness travel - even a dark purple coat covered most of her equine portion, while a lighter lavender color tunic covered the human portion.

She paused at the market, taking a moment to adjust herself to the very busy, suddenly crowded area. Sheesh, she could feel people bumping into her every now and then. The roads were already pretty small - definitely not built for the likes of her. But either way, she managed to find herself at a stall to try to negotiate selling her concoctions.

"Some of the best fortitude potions around," she teased with a wiggle of her eyebrow.

• Yay
Reactions: Melaniphi Syllis
"Hmmm we'll see about that..." The shopkeep said with a raised eyebrow.

The elf was middle aged looking but with the way his people aged. Another elf most likely his wife busied herself with tidying up the shop as he turned around calling up the stairs behind the main counter.

"Melaniphi! Come here! I need you to look at something for a customer!"

No answer.

"Where is that child.."

He muttered looking to his wife after smiling apologetically to the centaur.

"Sent her to the market. she should be back-."

Her mother was cut off as A tan freckled elf pushed open the door.

"I'm back mum." She said before freezing as her eyes feel on Artemisia.

"Oh..My...Gods!" She squeaked before rushing to her side.

"I've only read about your people in books! I never thought I'd get to see a real centaur!"

She was looking her up and down like she was trying to take in everything about her. She even ran her fingers through her mane lightly in an almost mesmerized trance before snapping her hand away with a blush as she came to her senses.

"I'm so sorry I just..." She said staring at the ground for a moment before pulling out a brown leather bound journal and a quill scribbling furiously undoubtedly recording her findings from examining Artemisia.

"Girl quit pestering my customers and come test these fortitude potions." Her father said with a sigh and a smirk at how quirky his daughter could be.

"Oh sure thing!" Melaniphi said snapping her journal closed and sliding into her bag as she crossed the room. Leaning her staff on the counter she picked up one of the bottles.

She sloshed it around and popped open the cork smelling it. She then put her pinky to the mouth of the bottle and tilted some of the liquid on to its tip.

She examined the color then licked it off her finger.
"The texture is good, It's well made, good ingredients, and the ratios right. How much is she asking for them?" She asked looking from her father to the centaur though she was still slightly too embarrassed to meet her eyes she still glanced in her direction.

• Yay
Reactions: Artemisia Delias
Artemisia was trying to promote her potion, of course. That was just business - and she knew it wasn't a bad product, but in truth it probably wasn't the best one out there. She could make a potion but she was no expert. She didn't have a garden that was crafted with herbs and the like.

But that didn't mean hers didn't do the job, and that they didn't do the job better than most others. Emisia was proud of her work. A soft smile as she gave a nod. "No worries, I am not in a rush," she commented to the older Elf.

Indeed, her eyes danced over some of his wares as she waited.

Although the squeak made her eyes widen as she glanced towards the young elf. That must have be-- wait, was she touching her? Artemisia's blue eyes blinked several times as she watched the young Elf mesmerize over her. "I... It's okay," she said with a smile although she leaned slightly to try to catch what exactly she was writing.

"I can talk to you some about it, if you want," she said with a small smile. After all - if someone was interested in her culture, why shouldn't she share it? Especially to someone who seemed so excited!

Artemisia beamed at Melaniphi's description of her potion. Indeed, it was well made after all! Not that she doubted it. Nope, not at all... "I'm offering on the lower end, really." She just needed enough to stay a few nights at a local inn, after all.

• Yay
Her eyes lit up as the centaur agreed to speak with her! "Excellent! I know a fantastic tea shop we can go to my treat I insist!"
She said looping her arm through Artemisia's and pulling her towards the door.

"Melaniphi."

Her father's voice made her stop dead. It was stern but had no angry edge to it.

"Center yourself. Calm your thoughts and don't drag my customers out before buissness has concluded." He said with a warm smile at his daughters antics.

"Oh..right of course..im sorry father.." she said with her blush returning slightly as she took a deep breath and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"400 gold. thats 200 over what youll need to stay a pretty comfortable week in town if you spend wisely and I go with you that is... I know a place and they know me. I can show you after we get tea." She said to Artemisia with a smile before nodding to her father. "And you can resell them for twice that much, no one would bat an eye."

He nodded slowly as well

"Alright." He said after a moment.
"Is 400 gold alright with you before my daughter drags you off and starts measuring you and asking about your diet and holidays miss?" He asked with a chuckle as Melaniphi face was so red it almost glowed.

"Dad.."

"Well I like her. But make sure if you start courting you'll at least bring her by for a visit now and again.." He continued. Enjoying picking at his daughter and winding her up a little.

"Well she did go as a centaur that one harvest festival. Said she would marry one when she got older I do believe. She couldn't have been older than 16 mind you..I thought it was just a phase..but I like this one..."
Her mother chimed in with a sly wink with her husband as they both shared in hiding their mirth.

"MOM!" She said with her embarassment hitting peak levels.
She decided to simply hang her head until the transaction was complete so she could beat a hasty retreat to her favorite tea shop with her new found friend.

• Haha
"O... Okay," she said blinking at the excitement in the young woman's voice. "I like tea." Her arm looped through hers as Artemisia's eyes glanced towards the shop owner, where one of her concoctions sat unattended now.

The voice of her father, though, made her pause in her tracks. And Artemisia suddenly felt very uncomfortable during the exchange. The centaur gave the young elf an encouraging smile. She did her best to hide her facial expressions - but that was more than she hoping to get. "Deal," she commented as she passed the vials over to Melaniphi's father.

Although, Artemisia wasn't prepared for the next things that happened. Courting her? Festival as a centaur? Blue eyes blinked as she listened, a slight turn of her lips, especially at seeing Melaniphi's reactions to it.

Artemisia bowed her chest once the parts were completed. "Thank you," she said quietly, grateful for at least one win. "Let's go?" She said with a smile towards the young elf as she turned around and started heading towards the door.

• Yay
"Oh right!"
Melaniphi said perking up
"Be safe child. For your friends sake."
Her father called after her as she left with her new friend quickly.

"Sorry about them. I..umm..I really like centaurs.." she paused for a moment.

"I mean not "like" like "like like"..Not that I wouldn't like a centaur I mean I think your beautiful..Your people I mean..not that you aren't!" She finally gave up with a sigh as she again refused to meet Artemisia's eyes.

She seemed shy not to mention quite taken by and smitten with Artemisia, and she didn't even know her yet. What was she thinking...

"How...how about you tell me about yourself..you know my name but here I am not knowing yours.." She said with a small chuckle.

She led her through the winding streets until they came to a small tea shop. The smell of mint and jasmine flowed from the open doors as customers came and went.

"The Jade Rose." was written in looping letters across a small carved sign hanging next to the door.

"Let's see where to sit.." Melaniphi said looking for a place where they could both sit comfortably.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Artemisia tilted her head as she looked at the Elven girl. She really liked centaurs? She thought she was beautiful? She blinked slightly, somewhat confused. Had somebody even liked her like that before? Well, there was some of the members of her village but... That wasn't the point.

Her own cheeks flushed at the compliments. "Thank you," she muttered after a moment. "Sure," she said with a nod at the change of conversation. A much more comfortable change. "I'm Artemisia Delias," she said with a big smile. "I hope this tea is good - I haven't found much that tastes well," she commented as she followed Melaniphi into the Jade Rose.

"Over there?" She commented, pointing towards an area with a large cushion that went against the wall along with a couple of chairs in front of the table. "I could sit on the back, and you can sit in the chair?" She hoped she was okay with that.

Some two leggers really didn't like chairs if there was a softer option like what Artemisia was aiming for. It was really just because it was big enough for her to lay down on. Although, she could just sit at the edge of the table.