Open Chronicles an Elder Fires' Night

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"Aye. That is a hard thing to balance- and even I am still learning through all of it. Given enough years, I very well might handle a situation like that very differently." The Seer notes quietly. She had become a fully fledged knight only a couple seasons back, but the way her elder peers tended to treat her inspired a quiet, if wary confidence in her ability to make decisions. It was how she was so often allowed to take solo missions, after all.

Taking a sip from her mug, Seluria hummed softly, glancing to her companion. "And you? I am sure you have some tale or other of a mission you take pride in or that gives you much to think on." She pokes, a faint smile coming to her features.

Kaarle

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Kaarle
"Fancy indeed, Syr Innis," he made no qualm of the moment, stepped forward and nudged her with an elbow. "Thought you might have hidden away in the stacks, reading up on local legends, or folk tales,"

"As fun as it is to play ghost and haunt around the library at night, there's plenty of stories out here too, that no one writes down," Innis responded to Hector's teasing with nothing but earnestness. A smile touched her lips, genuine, but then turned turned to her usual sharpness. She tapped the side of her temple with a finger. "And there's even more stories I've got stored away in here, that someone might need to be hearing for the first time."

She would have said more, but she couldn't hoard Hector's attention all to herself. The young Knight seemed rather popular, as more faces gathered round and greeted them. Well, him, really. It might of bothered her, a year ago. But now she only scooped up a little glass of drink as it was offered, and raised it along with everyone else.

"Why, I haven't had anything to drink yet. Looks like I need to catch up," Innis said with a laugh.

The laugh was hollow. But someday, it wouldn't be, and she would be familiar with this feeling. She was sure of it.

Hector Saskia Kerraelas Alaric Wulf Theolonious Montbank

• Spoon Cry
Reactions: Hector
Asking the hard questions, of a sudden. Face reflective of the fact, blank with contemplation, he blew a breath.

“ Well — Strangely enough, pride and reflection not be found for me in missions, but often outside of them. What we do before and after, in the moments that largely don’t matter to the rest of the world. “ Marking, he gestured at their surrounding in a swirl of the cup.

“ Conversations and favours exchanged betwixt friends. An accomplishment or discovery in research. Some happenstance in the small hours of the night. “ Those he could’ve called meaningful, informing one’s view of the world and oneself’s place in it more intimately than any which adventure he’d been on. So far, at least.

“ This must be a very unsatisfactory answer. “ He smiled wide, flashing teeth. “ That you should’ve told such a great story and I’ve naught in turn. Save for — “ His head shook like in disbelief and embarrasment.

“ Some tale of how it changed me when a mere squire dared question my methods. Or how I was terribly proud having finally taught another how to summon a spark. “

Seluria Estel'Narqua

The Seer listens curiously as Syr Kaarle elaborates. A subtle smile starts to grow on her features, and as he finishes, she chuckles. "No, it is very satisfactory. You are, as I would put it, an unseen force within the order, my friend." she remarks, the woman taking a last bite of salmon as her plate is finally cleared of its meal.

A soft clink of metal against porcelain as she fork is laid to rest. "You say they do not matter in the wider world, but I am sure you recognize how impactful such actions will be, in the long run. If a squire challenged you, and you both learned from it- not only does the squire learn not to blindly follow, but to respect their peers and to not hesitate in a moment that could be crucial. Likewise, you learn of another perspective that could then influence you in future to consider such options. The same hardly needs to be explained for the last." her smile brightens.

"You know the potential of a single spark- and how quickly it can grow, after all."

Kaarle

A pang of forlorn emotion washed over him as she spoke, in her usual warm cheer and wise understanding. It pained for the fact that he couldn’t return the smile, not truly, stare averting despite the fact he yet listened. It was all too—

Heartfelt? Complimentary. So much grace.

A silence lingered upon him in the wake of her last affirmation, for a time that was at once so long and yet so brief. He tried the back of his neck in an absent gesture, the rest of his food forgotten and nigh empty cup laid on the table, though he yet held onto it like for support. Stare trained on an empty spot on the table, he exhaled, trying to catch himself from the midst of something strange.

“ Sorry, I— “ He started haphazardly, daring not a glance at the Seer. “ You’re very kind and beyond me be it to dispute an extended encouragement. Let alone your wisdom therein. “ No matter the way one might feel about it.

“ It is true, after all. “ He scraped together a semblance of spirit into his tone, even a smirk. For her sake. “ I know a thing or two about sparks. “

Seluria Estel'Narqua

"Although if you ever do get tired of carrying it, even for a little bit, I do not mind helping if you'll let me."

Grinning, doggish, Cydonia leaned heavy into Petra's hand. Her cheeks squished up against the other woman's fingers.

"Careful what you ask for!"
she hummed, cheerful. Standing up straighter, she took one step backwards, and spun to face away from Petra. Waving the borrowed sash over her head, she stepped to the tempo of the music. Or at least she thought she did, but the honey mead had her off beat. "This is a night for dancing, not remembrance. So let's leave our burdens by the wayside~"

Petra Darthinian

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Petra Darthinian