Private Tales Air Currents

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Cerridwen was holding onto Fynaurie and enjoying the cool wind in her hair when she heard her partners voice.

"Somewhere flat or a bit of terrain?"

Hmmm
, she thought about the question. She was not really tired and terrain usually came with beautiful views. She liked the idea of beauty better than flat with more flat.

"Terrain, I think. We should get some exercise," she joked.

Her mood was going back to normal with each passing minute. No more humans for them.

• Cheer
Reactions: Fynaurie
Fynaurie nodded. Cerridwen would feel the gesture all the way through where they were pressed together. A gentle tug on the reins directed Valthar towards the flat ground at the base of a hills.

She took a wide circle around it first, checking for any mountain trolls before going down.

"Your heart kick off when I threw that punch?" She asked. "I still feel like I could run for days. My body for ready for a fight and it's still hard to stop my hands from shaking."

Cerridwen's heart had kicked off when Fynaurie had thrown the punch but it was not because of the potential of the fight. It had beat faster at the thought of Fyn getting hurt. It was a strange feeling and Cerridwen kept it to herself for now. She would chalk it up to wanting her partner to be safe. Yes...that was it.

"I will hold your hand when we land so it will not be as noticeable"

Her words trailed off as she felt heat rise in her cheeks. She was grateful that she was riding behind Fynaurie so she could hide that blush.

"To help...of course..."

• Yay
Another time and Fynaurie might have noticed the awkward staccato of Cerridwen's speech. The anger that had disspiated as they went up, was coming back in a wave.

"That's nice, thank you," she said, just before Vaxor spread his wings and extended his long legs to land.

One hand around the reins, she turned and offered her hand. Touch Brough a little warmth to her, a different kind to the anger. It was the difference between a warm evening sunset and the burn of a raging fire.

As soon as Fynaurie slipped down, she picked up a small stone. She cried out as she tossed it into the distance. It cracked against a large rock. It made her feel a tiny bit better.

Cerridwen placed her hand in Fyn's before sliding down off Vaxor's back. She stayed close to the Rokh and stroked his feathers as she watched Fynaurie through the stone. The yell that accompanied it caused a small smile to cross her lips. It was weird how something as simple at yelling and throwing something could help a mood.

"Is she always like this when she gets upset?" Cerridwen asked Vaxor softly. She did not speak his language but she had gathered that he understood theirs with no problems. "It would help if you could tell me what would cheer her up," she commented as she continued to stroke the eagle.

• Yay
Vaxor tilted his head to one side, large saucer shaped eye going from Cerridwen to Fynaurie and back.

He was enjoying a bonus preening. Elves had just dextrous little hands for getting in to the the underlayers of feathers. Something he had been about to encourage Cerridwen to do.

Two birds. One stone. Or two birds, one bird.

He took a few steps forward, bobbing from side to side. Wings snapped open. A single flap gave him the height to pretend to strike.

He had enough power in his legs to kill a horse from the power of a strike, even if his talons didn't pierce. Vaxor used just enough power to knock Fynaurie from her feet and then pinned her in place.

"Oi!" She screamed. She struggled and managed to push up from the ground. Vaxor pinned her back down.

Fynaurie huffed.

Vaxor opened his beak wide and made a harsh sound that was almost like a laugh. He lifted his foot, victorious and nipped at her forearm. He tugged at her sleeve, as he always did when he wanted preening.

"Not now!"

Fynaurie had always remarked that preening his feathers was relaxing. Bird logic always revolved around what the bird wanted too. They were top of the food chain and their needs came first.

As she stepped away he grabbed her sleeve again and yanked her back.

"Eugh, fine!" Fynaurie exclaimed. Looking triumphant Vaxor lifted his head so she could preen the feathers on his chest, always the most difficult to reach.

"What did you say to him?" Fynaurie accused, shaking her head.

Cerridwen was in the middle of laughing her head off when the accusation flew in her direction.

"I just asked him what would cheer you up," she answered as she returned her own hand to Vaxor's feathers. "Apparently, he believes that you preening him is the answer."

There was still joy in Cerridwen's words and tone. She had not had that good of a laugh in a long time.

"Sorry, I know I have much to learn about you still. I apologize for asking him for help," her smile said she was not that sorry.

• Haha
"You are not that sorry!" Fynaurie huffed. "But it's...fine..."

Fingerd worked through into Vaxor's feathers, finding those that she needed to straighten out. It was slow and monotonous. It also calmed her mind. A necessary bonding activity between rider and rohk.

"Vaxor just likes solution that involve him getting what he wants. Don't they?"

She punched the rohk in the chest. Even though they were efficient flyers, he still had a thick wall of breast muscle to power his wings.

"I shouldn't really let just a few seconds get to me like that, but...thank you for caring. Also, more hands make light work of bird brain's feathers!" She said, offering an apologetic smile.

“I am so very sorry, Fyn. How dare you hurt me so by insinuating that I am not,” she brought her hand to her chest while making a face that looked heartbroken and distressed.

Cerridwen made sure to not keep her hands off the Rokh for long so she could avoid getting nipped at. Her fingers worked swiftly through his feathers and she could absolutely understand why this was relaxing for Fynaurie.

“It’s a few seconds but they were racist assholes and deserved to get punched. The next people they try that with may not be so nice…”

• Yay
Fynaurie laughed a little bit. Vaxor was selfish, but she did find that the monotonous work was deeply relaxing.

The hard mental stone of what had happened was still there. Between Vaxor and Cerridwen they had drawn her mind away from its sharp edges. Time would slowly erode the rest of it away.

She stepped away and Vaxor puffed himself up and continued to preen himself. The work was never done.

"Come on," Fynaurie called to Cerridwen. There was a new spring in her step. "Let's go see what's at the top of this hill."

Cerridwen let a huge smile curve her lips. She was happy to see that Fynaurie was starting to come out of the funk now. She ruffled Vaxor's feathers a little and whispered a thank you to him before she, too, stepped away from the eagle.

"Hopefully there are some fruit trees! Maybe a pond!"

There was a glee in her tone that she had not used in a long time. A happiness that she had long suppressed in her years of training.

• Yay
The smile was infections. Fynaurie was troublesome and restless, but at her soul she was a lighthearted creature. She knew she would shrug this off, even if it didn't feel like this now.

"I think I can hear a stream, I saw one but...you know...perspective."

It was hard to get a sense of the height Vaxor could gain quickly. The running water she had seen from the air might have been five miles away.

She picked up her pace when Cerridwen was alongside her.

"No birds in the air," she mused. Any birds smaller than Vaxor - which was all of them - stayed hidden in trees when they saw Vaxor circling.

“Well let’s see if we can find it,” Cerridwen said with a smile before taking off at a jog. She grabbed Fynaurie’s hand, forcing her to jog too.

“Does Vaxor scare everyone?” She asked her partner. “And what does he eat?” She added. Was everything small than him just scared of him because of his size or was he really a menace?

• Yay
"I don't think he scares everyone..." Fynaurie said, clearly thinking about it. "I suppose I don't really know many people who don't live in the eyrie."

She looked back to Vaxor. He had hopped up onto a rock and spread his wings to catch some sun.

"He can eat a whole cow so I can see why people would be scared. And bird logic is pretty simple," she laughed. Vaxor, like all of his kind, were intelligent. He still saw the word through a lens of bird logic not like theirs.

"If there is a bird higher in the sky than you it's bad. If there is a bid in the air bigger than you it's even worse."

"I would be interested to see a bird that is bigger than Vaxor. I would be terrified of such a creature for certain."

Cerridwen had slowed down some and now the two women were walking. It was only a few more minutes before they came across the stream and the crystal clear lake it was attacked to.

"Care for a swim?" She asked Fynaurie with a smile. "I think you need some fun!"

• Yay
"We met a dragon once," Fynaurie said. "Was a baby one though!"

As far as off hand comments went, the disconnect between her tone and the subject matter could not have been wider.

She stopped and looked out over the lake. It wasn't going to be warm, but sky elves were built for altitude. Their towers were high in the mountains and even the layers of leathers could not keep the cold out when in the air.

"Let's do it," she said, putting down her glaive and starting with her gloves and boots.

"Getting back into dirty flight leathers after this is not going to feel good," she laughed, the sound of her voice finally light and musical once more. Her skin, revealed little by little, was as pale as the moon even under the warm sun.

"Oh yeah...just a baby dragon...no big deal!" Cerridwen joked as they walked.

She followed Fynaurie in starting to disrobe and then scowled when she mentioned that they would have to put the dirty clothes back on. "We can't just fly back home in the nude?" She asked in a slightly hopeful tone.

She was in the middle of pulling the shirt off when her eyes fell on the flawless pale skin of her partner. Her breath caught as her eyes moved over her body. "You are beautiful, Fyn..."

• Yay
"I know," she said with a quick glance over her shoulder. She tried to give a confident grin, but the blush had already spread from her cheeks to her neck.

Turning away quickly wasn't going to hide it.

In truth she hadn't expected the compliment to arrive so suddenly, so honestly.

Evem though she waw accustomed to the cold, she only felt brave enough to wade in waist deep for now.

"You try flying a few hundred feet up and see what it does to your nipples!" Fynaurie called back of the plan. She steeled herself for diving below the surface, whilst also watching Cerridwen carefully over her shoulder.

Cerridwen just chuckled at Fynaurie's confidence and she thought she saw some red but she didn't comment on it. She had said it out of the blue like an idiot and she definitely wanted to kick herself. She didn't though. She simply finished undressing and followed her partner to the water's edge.

She watched the skin on Fynaurie's arms prickle from the temperature change and she cringed. This was going to suuuuccckkkk.

Cerridwen was brave though. She wouldn't get shown up by the other woman. She started to walk into the lake. A hiss came from her as the cold water washed over her.

"This was a terrible idea!" She laughed out.

"Bwah!" went Fynaurie as she re-emerged from the water. She flung her silver hair back over her shoulders. It still captured the light of the moon, even soaked through.

It was actually slightly better now that she had completely submerged herself.

Fynaurie laughed and flicked droplets of cold water at Cerridwen, knowing it would be worse for her.

"So you're really think I'm beautiful?" he asked lightly, canting her head to one side. Fynaurie was fishing to see if Ceri was just trying to make her feel better or if there was more to that comment.

The water that Fynaurie splashed in her direction was like a tidal wave of freezing water and she was well aware that it was only a few little droplets. Cerridwen glared at Fyn before ducking herself fully into the water. She made a similar sound to what Fyn had made when she came back up. Hers was also punctuated with a few curses. It was only slightly better.

"Of course, I do," Cerridwen said as she moved deeper into the water. Now that she had fully submerged herself, it was colder to be out of the water. "I would never say something I did not mean, Fyn," she smiled at her partner before splashing some water back at the woman.

"Oh," went Fynaurie, silver skin glistening and strands of hair dripping. She stood with the waterline just above her bust, but the water was crystal clear was no shield.

She glowed at the complement, whilst also immediately feeling more self-conscious. However, Fynaurie had never been particularly shy. There wasn't much space for privacy in the Dragoon barracks in the eyrie.

A ghost of a smile pulled across her lips. Fynaurie cocked her slender hips to one side, lavender eyes cast downwards to take in the shape of Cerridwen beneath the surface.

She skimmed a hand slowly across the water in an arc, sending ripples slowly rolling across its surface.

The smile became a grin.

"Splash me again and I'll have to dunk you back under," Fynaurie said.

Cerridwen was keenly aware of Fynaurie checking her out and she was completely okay with it.

"Splash me again and I'll have to dunk you back under."

"Is that a promise? You know I will take you down with me," she responded before moving her hand through the water and sending a wave at her partner.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Fynaurie had been looking forward to meeting people from outside of Kearth for years. To say that the reality had not matched up to her expectations was a distinct understatement.

She had always imagined that meeting outsiders would open her up to new cultures and experiences, something she desperately craved. The stone walls of their tower could be stifling, living in bunks with the other Dragoons in tight confines made the hours drag on.

Fynaurie raised one dark silver eyebrow before laughing. She charged through the water, as fast as she could go whilst immersed. She was a trained fighter, Ceri was a healer. However this was a grappling battle in strange conditions and neither of them were about to take it seriously.

Fynaurie tried to pin Ceri's right arm and to tip her back into the water.

Cerridwen watched Fyn run in very slow motion. The water made movement difficult when trying to move fast and Cerridwen could've moved but she accepted her fate as soon as she had sent the water flying at Fyn.

Cerridwen laughed as Fynaurie pinned her arm to her side and tried to tip her back. It worked better than Cerridwen had thought it would but like her earlier promise...she wasn't going down alone.

As she was falling, the healer wrapped her leg around the riders in an attempt to trip her face-first into the chilly water. The water hit Cerridwen and she gasped which then caused her to swallow some water. It wasn't long before she was laughing, coughing, and clawing her way back to the surface.

• Yay