Private Tales Aftermath - The beginning

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
With her eyes on the basin and his hand on her thigh, fingers playing gently with her well washed flesh mixed with that playful laugh that brought her attention back from those memories. That had been all it took to cause the heat to rise in her cheeks causing a slight blush soon after. With a shake of her head and a smile curving upon swollen lips, she couldn’t help it!

They’d yet to talk much about anything really, after the bath and a change in clothing, only thing that was left to do was to relax and get food in their belly’s. There was much that had happened, much that left a lot of questions running around in her head, much she’d heard and seen from him that had her questioning so much but felt she had no right to say anything about it. So, she’d let it be for now. Maybe it was, in fact a spur of the moment thing. A.. life had passed before their eyes, and it just happened thing.

Ash had watched him carefully as he took the berry suddenly into his mouth with a quick crunch between his teethe and had to look away as that heat rose again. By the gods! She thought to herself.

“A celebration?” She questioned. She’d never been apart of any type of battle, of war, nothing of its kind. Which also meant she didn’t know that if the battle is won, a celebration was to be had to honor all those that had fought, regardless of if they still lived or not. “Or you can celebrate with your kin and I can tend to those still fighting their wounds” She said softly. Still feeling as if she’d not done enough to be one to be celebrating.

“Exerted myself?” She chuckled “You battled, I did not. That in itself speaks loudly of whom here needs more rest.” Teals fell on his as she spoke with that matter-of-fact tone. “I wouldn’t mind staying a few days, taking in what I’ve never yet been able to see. If that is, okay?”

Keldorn

• Smug
Reactions: Keldorn
He watched those thoughts march behind her eyes, trying to identify what they were, and found he couldn't. At least in the split time he had before she distracted him with those additional hues of rose.

A celebration? Or you can celebrate with your kin and I can tend to those still fighting their wounds.

"It is not for the victory, but to honor the lives of those of the Redeemed who have fallen and wish to stay dead." He said. "I have never been resurrected, nor up to this point have I ever had it decided that I wanted to be, should I perish in battle." His tone was soft, before his eyes drifted back to hers. "I will inform them of my desire to change that."

He dismissed her laugh with a wave of his hand. Healing was infinitely harder than swinging a sword, even if that sword was on fire.

I wouldn’t mind staying a few days, taking in what I’ve never yet been able to see. If that is, okay?

He nodded slowly, smiling. "Then we stay a few days, decide where we wish to go. At some point, I must return to my temple, see if I have any more orders. This means we will be going to the south shores of Epressa."

Ashling Delaney

• Smug
Reactions: Ashling Delaney
Ash listened, watched his lips as he spoke while her fingers ran slowly through his clean – still drying hair. She thought it beautiful, the way they’d honor their fallen in such a way. Without death, there is no life and it was worth celebrating.

Should I perish in battle

A heaviness fell upon her with those words, just the thought of his life being taken away during battle left her feeling.. Empty, heartbroken.. A feeling she did not care for in the slightest. “So you’ve decided that you want to be resurrected now, if something where to happen?” She asked "What made you decide such?" She asked again. “I could do it” She said softly “I mean, if it ever came down to it and I was still.. with you. I’d do it.” She offered. If it ever came down to it, she knew it would take but heartbeat for her to begin to bring him back, at any cost.

“If you need to return now, we can. I don’t want to keep you from something you have to do.” She’d spent years without seeing the sun, not being able to explore somewhere wouldn’t bother her, she’d get to it some other time. The shores of Epressa, just the name sounded beautiful. Made her wonder if the shores lived up to the beauty of their name. She sighed softly, that hand still lazily moving through his hair.Keldorn.. I don’t want to keep you from your duties, I don’t want to be this..burden to you. If it’s easier for you to take me to the monastery so you can continue to do what you must, then we can.”

Keldorn

Last edited:
  • Smug
Her nails had begun to weave their way through his hair, occasionally scratching along his scalp in a manner that brought the troubled warrior an insurmountable amount of peace. Was it the act? Who was doing it? Or both?

"I have.. and you know why." He would say, that hawk-like gaze returning to her teals, almost as if in a way to say 'you'. "And you won't. At least not without help. I won't trade my life for yours, or my return would be wasted. You will need to learn to channel."

If you need to return now, we can. I don’t want to keep you from something you have to do.

"Ash. There is no rush." He would muse, his fingers stroking her thigh reassuringly. "I have sent them letters of my deeds, so they know I advance the will of the Sacred Flame."

She sighed, mayhaps wistfully. "Its a beautiful coast." He would add. ".. but very dangerous. We are situated at the southern gap of the Spine and stand between the Delta and the southern pass to the Vale. And the coast is rife with.. abominations." Perhaps that word was far too harsh. They were apparently elves at some point, but now they were monsters twisted by a dark God.

"Ash." He would say her name again, pointedly. "You are not a burden, so stop with it. When I need to do duties for my Temple, you will stay with the Redeemed in Eredale, or perhaps even Starhaven, the home of House Silverstar, or even Astenvale. Anywhere you can hone your skill in healing."

Ashling Delaney

• Aww
I have.. and you know why.

She took hold of that gaze with her own, though hers softened when she realized what he meant. He would choose resurrection because of her and that knowledge caused this sudden feeling that caused her heart to ache. Those fingers moved from his hair to cup his face as she leaned down letting her lips pressed softly against his forehead before saying “I would” before leaning back up “I don’t think you’d be able to stop me should I choose to do such. You would have a purpose, you have purpose now with what you do and that will continue to be such.”

Teals slid behind lids as she let out another content sigh while his fingers continued their lazy play on her thigh. She kept those eyes closed while he spoke of the shores, just listening to his voice and noticing just how utterly quiet it seemed to be. That or she’d been great at droning out the noise of the rest of the camp.

“I hope to learn about all these places someday..” That hand that had cupped his face had made its way to his bare chest, letting it rest there. “What abominations? So I’ll need to be on high alert the entire time we’re there?” She questioned.

You are not a burden, so stop with it.

“I’m sorry, I can’t help but feel like I am.” She still remembered the day they met, when fate decided that she was to go with him and how he reacted to such, not to mention some time after. He was not at all happy about it. “Wherever you believe is a good place for me to be, I’m sure it is.” She was positive he’d never leave her somewhere that wasn’t safe.

Those thoughts continued to bother her mind, those what ifs and what nows.. Dare she? She did..Keldorn she said softly but direct, already unsure if she should even continue or just drop it now as she could already feel her heart beating out of her chest due to the anxiety of even bringing it up.

“What was that” she nodded over to the basin..”What did it mean” her breathing was heavier, fear already seeping in that perhaps this wasn’t something she should be asking but she couldn’t just let those questions go unanswered or she’d think the worst. “Was it just the anger I had caused you? The adrenaline from battle and almost losing Vekna, the fact that death surrounds us and maybe we needed to feel something other than what we were at the moment?" there were so many other scenarios that played out in her head that she didn’t bother to voice. “I’m sorry if asking bothers you, if it does, you needn't answer.”

Keldorn

• Smug
She leaned down to kiss his forehead as the weight of his words settled. Although, as she tried to lean back, his hand would slip behind her head, so that she would be looking into his eyes.

I would. I don’t think you’d be able to stop me should I choose to do such. You would have a purpose, you have purpose now with what you do and that will continue to be such.

"Ash.. I mean it. If I came back to you gone.. I would just find my way back to you.." he released her after that, his eyes still focused on hers.

What abominations?

"The locals call them Sahuagin.. but some claim they were once sea elves.. Sea Elves twisted by a dark God, if you believe that sort of stuff." He mused. "I will be wary enough for the both of us."

Keldorn... What was that?

There it was. The question that was on both of their minds. The topic they needed to address, to settle once and for all. His hand continued to play along her thigh for several quiet moments.

"I want it to mean that we are together. But that decision requires your approval."

Ashling Delaney

She indeed was left positioned to be staring into those careful, yet serious, green eyes as he spoke. Her own softened as his words hit her ears, brow furrowing. “You’ll do no such thing!” A stern tone accompanying those words. “There are far too many people.. and Vekna.. that care for you, losing you twice could break them.” As it stood right now, she only had him and truthfully, that’s all she needed.

Ash found herself leaning back up after his release while he spoke of sea elves? Nothing surprised her anymore and she was starting to believe there were more creatures, monsters, beasts and races to this world that she could have ever imagined. “Sea Elves? What is it these, elves do?” Information she needed to prepare herself for what could happen when they journey there.

The silence between them after that question had her worried that she’d asked too soon or said too much. It seemed to last forever, even if just a few minutes passed. The only comfort was his hand still upon her thigh, continuing to let his fingers softly play.

I want it to mean that we are together.

Her breath caught in her throat with an inaudible gasp when he finally found the words to say. “So, it wasn’t just something that just... happened... meaningless.” She shook her head, mainly at herself for saying it – again. “Never mind, you don’t need to answer that you, already did. I’m sorry, I must not be thinking right”

She tilted her head to look down at him again and asked “Are you sure, that’s what you want?” Why she couldn’t just take it as it was, was beyond her. “Because I think I’d like that.. Very much. But I don’t want you to feel like that’s something you have to offer simply because, it’s me.” Not because he pitied her even if he didn’t know exactly what had happened to her, she knew after what had happened between them that he had a damn good idea. But because it was something he truly wanted.

Keldorn

• Smug
"Then you'll not do anything outside your means, Ash." His tone was firm and his eyes focused. "You'll either find the Redeemed or go back to Astenvale and get Galvanhad." At any other retort to that part of the discussion, his eyes would scowl further to stop anything else from being said.

"Normal sea elves look like normal elves, they just are more in tune with the sea. Do more aquatic things. These sea elves, these Sahuagin as the locals call them, invade the shoreline, capture stragglers and drag them back to the sea. They are.. evil, by all accounts." His hand would stroke her thigh a little more teasingly. "So no swimming in the ocean alone."

So, it wasn’t just something that just... happened... meaningless.

She continued on, just digging that grave for herself. And when she finished talking, he would speak. "Ash, it wasn't meaningless and it is what I want. So if you like it, and I like it, that's all that matters."

Ashling Delaney

Last edited:
“But..” No words followed after, the tone in his voice and the look in his eye’s spoke volumes. Spoke louder than any words could and all she could do in regards to this subject was nod and let it go. Would he really have her watch him die and do nothing about it, that is, if it ever came to such. What if she brought him to the redeemed too late? What if time was of the essence and there was no other way but her? She shook off those thoughts, that’s all they were right now. Bad thoughts that she wished not to even dwell on, for it will never happen..

The hand that had been laid upon his chest began moving in slow, soft movements. Fingertips casually brushed along his skin while he explained further about the elves. “Forgive me, I’ve not seen many Elves. In fact, I’ve not seen too many other races or creatures save for a few along my way. I was raised in a place where only humans existed.” For the first time, Ash was actually forthcoming with information of her past, as if there was reason to hide it. In truth, there wasn’t anymore, not when it came to him and she believed he deserved to know about her, about her truths.

She would assume that the normal sea elves weren’t to be feared as these Sahuagin were, the thought of being dragged into the sea with no way of escaping had a shiver running down her spine, with help of that hand of his teasing along her thigh.

So no swimming in the ocean alone.

“Sounds more like no swimming in the ocean at all, the risk sounds too high and I’d much rather not meet my end by drowning” Not after all the hell she’d survived already. No, her death would be meaningful, not taken by that of evil elves and water filling her lungs.

Ash, it wasn’t meaningless and it is what I want

She let out a sigh of relief, not even realizing she’d been holding her breath the entire time he said that. “Are you sure?” She asked as her eye’s took hold of his again, as if just a few moments would cause him to change his mind..Nay, it was more that there was no going back for her.. Granted, her heart had made that choice for her awhile ago but once it’s spoken out loud, it can’t be taken back. For her to give her heart so freely to him, after everything, meant a great deal to her and she just.. Had to make sure he was sure.

Keldorn

Last edited:
  • Smug
He knew all those thoughts of her 'lack of worth' were a result of her years of torment, it was something clear as day and a heavy burden that she bore so well. So as she emboldened herself to bury such thoughts, his head tilted to kiss her upper thigh.

As he spoke of the elves, her fingertips scratched along his chest in slow, teasing, circular motions. So enamored by it, was he, that he couldn't help his soft hum of enjoyment.

Forgive me, I’ve not seen many Elves. In fact, I’ve not seen too many other races or creatures save for a few along my way. I was raised in a place where only humans existed.

"There is nothing to forgive.. I'm sure the last month has pushed such bounds, introducing you to many more species and the like." She spoke of her past, and he chose to not make a big deal of it. Not because he didn't care, but because if he treated her any different, he didn't want to know the result it would have on her.

He only laughed at her proclamation of zero coastal swimming. "Then we will have to find you safe lakes to swim in." He responded, his hand traveling further up her thigh, slowly, as calloused hands appraised her soft skin.

Are you sure?

"More than you know, Ash."

Ashling Delaney

• Aww
The kiss to her thigh was unexpected but a pleasant surprise, one of which brought her back from her thoughts, back to where she sat with Keldorn resting his head in her lap. She took a few moments to enjoy the feeling of that kiss as it lingered on her thigh but only briefly. Ash could feel the hum coming from him as fingertips continued to run over his chest, taking their time at each scar they found.

“In truth, I had always hoped there was more to this world than what I had grown up with.. There had to be more or..” She paused. “Life wasn’t worth it. Too much ugliness, too much pain.” Lips curled into a smile as she looked down at him. “No, this past month has taught me how to live, it has given me hope that there is truly something better that awaits me in this life, all thanks to you.. It has been… magical.. And I can’t wait to experience more.”

Ash laughed with him “If you deem it safe, then I shall swim in it.” She offered. It had been awhile since she’d allowed herself to relax in a bed of water. While traveling on her own, she used such only quickly enough to bathe or wash her clothing and then be on her way. Goosebumps began to form throughout her body, notably as his hand moved further up her thigh causing a tremble to reverberate. Those fingertips upon his chest lightly digging into flesh just barely.

More than you know, Ash

Her chest tightened at those few words, it was all she could do to not let the tears out that fought to be free.. No, she’d not allow it. “Then I am yours, Keldorn.. Heart, body and soul."

Keldorn

• Aww
In truth, I had always hoped there was more to this world than what I had grown up with..

He couldn't imagine the hells she had lived in prior to their chance encounter. His memory flashed with the scars she bore, the pain hidden behind each smile, the distant look in her eyes at a recollection, the tension in her body as a man's gaze falls on her. He was able to smile, knowing that the last month had changed her fears, emboldened her. "Believe you should thank a magick fire and a horse." He teased, his fingertips etching ever farther up.

If you deem it safe, then I shall swim in it.

His laugh, joined hers. "I don't know if I would make that the standing order. I make a lot of bad calls on such things. Little bastards had scouts hidden in a stream that was disconnected. They're all gone now, but they nearly drowned me."

Then I am yours, Keldorn.. Heart, body and soul.

"And I am yours. Until the gods see fit to tear me away from this mortal coil."

Ashling Delaney

• Smug
It was true, that she should thank more than just him but that spell that led to Vekna and Vekna himself. Though, she had a feeling that Vekna had known all along that she was more than thankful of him and his watchful eye on her, even though he was just a horse. In the beginning, she trusted that horse more then she had trusted Keldorn. It was the month spent with them both that had opened her eyes to so much.. Made her realize that there could be a life worth living after being in hell.

His fingertips continued to work their way up, then up some more. Slowly, softly with just a bit of pressure in that touch. It was as if he was trying to map what he could of her body, a way to remember it. Or perhaps, there was another reason for it.

His laughter brought her back from focusing on that hand at her thigh, from the sensation his touch caused, even with so little of a touch. It took a moment to realize that he was talking about the elves and the fact that they’d almost drowned him. “Then we’ll just be careful, take note of our surroundings and if we can, enjoy the water.” She smiled down at him, thinking of just that.

And I am yours. Until the gods see fit to tear me away from this mortal coil

Did he know how hard it was for her not to cry at his words? Ash had never imagined she’d hear such words, be worthy of such love. She leaned down, lips pressing against his forehead. “When you go” She said “I go” And she meant it. Maybe it was time, time to get everything off her chest.. Or at least some of it. To let him in, let him know where she came from and what she’d done.

“Do you want to know my story?” was all she asked. Maybe he didn't, maybe he didn't care to know right now.

Keldorn

• Smug
Then we’ll just be careful, take note of our surroundings and if we can, enjoy the water.

"So we shall. We go to a dangerous place, rife with all sorts of terrible creatures. It will be a lot of fun showing you the ropes. Perhaps get you a pendant." He teased. Even after a month, he had never discussed his Order nor their beliefs, his beliefs, with her.

When you go, I go.

His eyes closed at the kiss atop his forehead. "Then who will care for Vekna?" He asked. "Who will protect the world from his wiles?"

Do you want to know my story?

"Only what.. you wish to share. I'll not ask for more than you're willing to give."

Ashling Delaney

The corners of her mouth curled into a smile, Ash couldn’t help but to laugh as he talked about creatures, danger and showing her the ropes. “A Pendant? For what?” Said asked while she stretched out her back and scooted on the cot just enough to get comfortable again, making sure to keep his head in her lap.

Then who will take care of Vekna?

A tinge of sadness fluttered through her eyes at that question. She hadn’t even thought about that, but what was certain is that she couldn’t do this without him. “I’m sure Be’senaar would.” She said all too calmly.

Only what… you wish to share. I’ll not ask for more than you’re willing to give.

Those blue eyes looked down at his green while her hand lifted to his hair, finger sliding softly through it. She wasn’t even sure where to begin but figured this might be the best way to start it. A deep inhale followed by a shaky exhale. “You know when we were at the monastery and I.. freaked out over someone I saw there.” She asked, hoping he knew whom she was talking about. She didn’t know any of their names but she knew who he was.

“He was the son of the man who kept me as his slave..”
Her fingers continued to run through his hair as a sort of calming mechanism “They have been looking for me since I escaped..” More so since she killed his father but she’d get there eventually. “If they find me, they’ll take me back.” Her hand began to tremble just at the thought of it. "I should have told you then and I'm sorry I didn't"

“I had a family once, a mother and a father but they.. They acted differently towards me and I was never sure if they truly loved me or were just scared of me just like the rest of the village was..”
she sighed “I came home one day to find our door knocked in and as soon as I got close, you could smell it..There was blood everywhere, my parents had been killed.. Savagely so..” Ash sighed again as she paused for a moment before continuing.

“I was so scared that I didn’t know what to do or where to go.. So.. I ran, with only the clothing on my back.. Eventually I made it to another town, one that didn’t know about me so none were scared of me.. I began working for the local tavern for a place to stay and food to eat.” She shook her head “What I didn’t know was that town was known for slave trading and within a few weeks, I was sold to that man.. The Duke is what he was called or more so had me call him.” She’d pause again letting him take that all in before she continued.

Keldorn

Keldorn would shift to allow her to get comfy. After all, the more comfortable she was, the more he could become. At least that's how he imagined it worked.

A Pendant? For what?

"My pendant." He would nod towards his things. "It can sense the presence of demons and other extraplanar evils. It is also the source of my control of fire." Keldorn explained as he re-settled, before going quiet, that would be enough theology for them today.

"Be'senaar shouldn't
have to, he has a much bigger focus." Keldorn would say curtly, yet his tone was gentle. "Just promise me, you will weigh that decision before you make it. That is all I ask." He was sure she would find something to live for that went beyond him. "Or you know, wait until after Vekna passes." A playful smirk. "Then come to me." He then grew quiet as she prepared to dive into her story.

You know when we were at the monastery and I.. freaked out over someone I saw there.

A nod. "I believe it was.. Baron Pinkrose, no?" As she continued, his head began to marinate her words. Alon's father had taken her, she escaped, the old Baron died gruesomely. It was the catalyst for the current climate within the Vale.

The more she spoke, the more his hands endeavored to bring her to a steady point. One hand gripped hers reassuringly, while the other continued to trace along her thigh. She was haunted, by a man, sometimes the worst creature within the Vale. A rage built slowly, perhaps it was time they returned. Perhaps it was time to order an intervention from his Order.

He would remain quiet until he felt they were at a good point. "I'm sorry, Ash.." he would take her hand to his lips and press a gentle kiss on her palm. "Let it be known that the gods favored you and you escaped."

Ash let her gaze move towards where he nodded and glanced at the pendant peeking out from underneath some of his things. “So, in a way like the one Selene gave me?” She questioned before looking towards the pendant of the bird holding that beautiful green gem, bundled safely in her things on the floor. “Of course instead of showing one the way they need to go, this warns them of evil? How many pendants can one carry, is it possible to create one that can protect you from evil?” So many questions and all at once. This was the result of her finally feeling like she could speak without any fear of saying the wrong thing. Knowing she was now safe or at least safer then she once was.

All she could do regarding his comment about Be’senaar and waiting until Vekna passed, was glare at him. This argument could go on and on and on… then on some more. Ending with neither one winning nor likely compromising on it. Instead, she let it be and didn’t say another thing about it.. For now.

"I believe it was.. Baron Pinkrose, no?"

“Yes, I believe so but I never knew their names, any of them actually.” She could see the rage building in her eyes but focused more on his hand that held hers, the gentle squeeze every so often as if telling her it's okay and the other hand that was back caressing along her thigh. It wasn’t until she gave a pause in her story, granted the shortest version she could give, that he spoke. She smiled, a small smile as his lips pressed against her hand. “I did, yes.. But not before the damage was done.”

“I spent years, many years, locked in what I could only describe as a dungeon. Never allowed to step foot outside, never allowed to even look out the window or see the light of the sun.”
Which would be the reason she loves just basking in the sun now, when she can. “He somehow knew of my ability and experimented with..” she took a deep breath "Seeing how far he could go with..the torture. How long it took me to heal myself.. Each time going further and further..” Even though those teals seemed emotionless, her vision was starting to blur as the tears fought to escape. “I can’t tell you how many times I was left on the brink of death, I could feel it.. Too the point that I started to welcome it. At least then it would be over and I could finally rest.”

“But death never came. Without even trying, my body would heal and the cycle would begin again.”
Ash bit at her lip as her fingers laced with his. “It was a game to him and when he’d get bored of that, then he’d move onto his other favored activity..” She swallowed hard forcing those damned tears back again “Sometimes it was daily, sometimes I would be allowed to rest for a day.. Rarely two in a row.. He would tell me that I was his, that he could do anything he pleased with me and my body.. So he did.. But not just him, there were others too.. That he allowed to have their way with me.. “ She took a deep breath in and let it tremble out.

“He demanded that I bear him a child, that was the only reason he even kept me alive. I could never wrap my mind around why he wished to have a child with a commoner, it would just end up being a bastard child that he would never allow into his family.. Through the years I did become with child, only a few times.. None of which came to full term. I lost them all within a matter of months, sometimes weeks. It was as if some unseen force wouldn’t allow my body to carry a child of his.” which she was more than thankful for..”Then it stopped, not matter how many times he…tried. I never became with child again..Which leads me to believe I'm now sterile" Which breaks her heart, more so if he wishes for children someday.."Then one night he brought me to his chambers..” She squeezed his hand, her body trembling. “Only, when I entered his kings guards were there as well.. He looked the door behind us and told me that he and his men were going to take turns doing what they wished with my body, let it be pain or pleasure.”

Ash closed her eyes..”I blacked out.. I don’t know for how long or why but when I came too.. There was blood everywhere..I was covered.. The floor was covered, it was splattered on the walls..and I had a sword in my hand.” She finally let the tears fall.. Fearing that what she was about to say next would cause him to look at differently. “They were all dead.. All of them. I killed them Keldon and I don’t even know how it was possible.. But I ran that night, ran and never looked back.. They’re looking for me and if they find me” She knew this without a shadow of doubt “I’m dead.. After what I've done, maybe that's what I deserve"

Keldorn

So, in a way like the one Selene gave me?

A nod. "Yes, it alerts, connects us to our magick, and so forth. Some of us have extreme mastery over fire. Others, like myself, can only apply fire to the blade. I am not too magically inclined so my connection is fairly weak when compared to some of the others. For you, however, ability in one area means you might be able to learn another. So perhaps, you could learn other magicks."

The more Ashling spoke of her past, the more disgusted Keldorn became. It wasn't noticeable, nor was it leveled towards her. It was a smoldering hatred for Alon, Baron of House Pinkrose. It wasnt until something she said, caught his attention. "His father wanted children with you? They would be bastards.. with no real claim.." that was a thought that didn't add up. A thought that he would have to file away for later.

As silence overtook him once more and she began talking again, he would continue to ponder the thought, the droplet of a tear giving him pause. One hand reached up to wipe away the forming dew, his thumb caressing her cheek to wipe away the last of it. "Ashling. You survived. And should he ever find you, he will need to go through me.. and that will not happen. You have the protection of my Order and the Redeemed."

Ashling Delaney

• Smug
Learn other magicks?..This piqued her interest as it had never occurred to her that it was even a possibility to learn something other than what she already knew she had. “I don't find anything wrong with not being too magically inclined, magick certainly has its cons..” Even though she knew it was a gift, there had been times she wished she never had it at all. That she was just a normal human being.

“That is what had been told to me, I do not know why, for I knew that if I were to bear him children, they wouldn’t truly be of noble birth. I’m not sure if it was simply because he was desperate and would just claim the child did indeed come from a noble birth or.. I don’t know.. I’m just thankful it never happened, even if it means that I’m now barren” There was a wave of sadness that followed that statement but she quickly pushed it aside.

Ash leaned into his touch, needing it, craving it after what all she had admitted. “I survived because I killed them, Keldorn and I.. I still don’t know how I was able to do it.” she shook her head. “I don’t want you hurt because of me, I don’t want your order or the redeemed hurt because of something I did.” Though, she knew right after saying it that he would likely hear nothing of it, that this was not up for argument.

Keldorn