Fable - Ask A Welcomed Friend

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Ash sat in his chair next looking out over one of the small islands and the sea. In his hand he held a goblet of wine, it was a few hundred years old and was pretty strong in flavor but the alcohol did not affect him much. He twirled it and watched the blue sky and sunlight reflect in the wine as it swirled.

What a beautiful contrast.

He was comfortable here, it was peaceful and away from the sturggles of today’s world. With a deep breath the elf sighs and leans back in his chair as a little dark silver dragon crawled up onto his lap nudging its way under his hand. Chuckling Ash pets the little one, “You’re a cute little one.” He chuckles as the little one make a dragon-like purring sound as it contently enjoyed the elf’s warmth.

Nothing was on the list today and the other Keepers were off doing their own thing or patrols. Ash himself didnt get many days off, however when they came around he took them gladly!

Masaru, The Bright Star, soared above the clouds. Silvery wings at full width as the reveled in the feeling of the cold air beneath them. This last stretch of time among the humanoids had been enlightening. He had posed as a simple village healer for several years before joining a small band of monster hunters that had roamed from town to town helping relieve the locals of their troubles. It had also been his first time in the form of a female. Enlightening, to say the least. He did love the young races, just not what they had done with the world that gave them life. However, it wasn't all of them that were the problem. There were many many more that were good, and kind. It was sad how just a few were needed to spoil the lot.

Despite the enjoyable experience, it had come to an end, and now it was time to begin making his way to his territory. His lands wouldn't police themselves, but first, one more small indulgence. It was long passed time to visit an old friend.

Masaru dropped through the clouds slowly and circled high above the islands. His spiraling descent as much a courtesy to announce his presence as it was a chance to survey the area for any possible dangers. A short friendly roar escaped his lips as he drew close. On a whim he folded his wings and dove for the cold lapping waves and plunged beneath. The cold had never bothered him. It was refreshing and invigorating. A few swishes of his tail and he was on the shore once more, shaking the water from his scales before he spread his silver wings wide. His eyes glowed bright blue for a moment and his massive form slowly shrank and changed into that of a tall white haired elven male in robes of silvers, blacks and greys with blue accents. His sliver crest turned to sliver blond hair that fell about his shoulders as he walked forward toward where his friend often sat.

"Hello @Ashieron?" Masaru called as he walked toward the home by the sea, "Are you here?"

• Wonder
Reactions: Ashieron
Ash’s ears would twitch and the goblet in his hand disappears and the elf stands up and turns to look at his old friend. The elf smiles with the little dragon fluttering off somewhere else and he’d with a few tears in his eyes would walk up and give his dragon friend a hug.

“It’s so good to see you again Masaru.” He smiles letting the dragon go and a chair forms from the wooden flooring, “Please sit, do you need some drink? Food maybe? Oh its been soooo long, I lost track of the time!” He laughs happily with a bright light in his eyes, “Whats been going on on your end? You must have a lot of adventures to tell of!”

The elf walks with a happy jump to his step, “Oh! Alccarion is somewhere around here do you want me to get her?” He asks Masaru with so many questions it was a little like a kid on Christmas.

Masaru smiled and embraced his old friend. It was always nice to be welcomed by those who knew his true nature. So much of the world had forgotten when dragons and lesser races had lived in harmony. Though, even his race had the odd bad apple or two.

Masaru chuckled as he took a seat and listened to the litany of questions Ashieron had tossed his way.

"I've missed you too." He said still chuckling, "And you know how I love eating and drinking."

At the mention of Alccarion Masaru paused. Memories of the purple and black scaled ancient dragon with those vibrant fuchsia eyes filled his thoughts.

"Oh, oh is she near?" He swallowed at the thought of seeing her again. "If she would like to see me, I'd like that. But maybe after we visit?"

• Wonder
Ash snaps his fingers and some food pops up on a table that pops up also along with some wine next to Masaru.

“I think it might be better to be saved for later. She doesn’t do your elf form thing, even though she probably could. I have no idea why it would be soooooo much easier if she did!” Alccarion was a bit too big for this room really.

The elf rolls his eyes, he was probably gonna feel it later when the two of them did meet up again. “Not a single thing has changed about you, how do you do it? Always staying so flawless as ever.” His eyes have a curious glint. The elf looked tired for a moment as he remembered the good old days. Those were the days when people and dragon didn’t fight each other over gold. But that tired look quickly changed to still one of happiness and an energetic mind.

“How is your territory? Ooo and did you find some stuff left of from our time before this era?” Ooo those were the days for sure, things were much simpler and everyone had a place. Much like what they had going with the Dragon Keepers where people were treated with respect and good will by others. Save for the occasional sqabble which were died out wuiet quickly.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zier Xya Zythos
"It's a complex spell for someone not born with it but she could learn it if she ever agreed." Masaru said with a smile as he lifted a berry from the plates and popped it into his mouth. He closed his bright sapphire eyes as he savored the complex flavors of the simple fruit. "You've always had the best taste.

"And you know flattery will get you everywhere. But no wonder, you look incredible yourself! If I didn't know better I'd say you look better than you did a millennium ago."

Masaru lifted the glass of wine and sipped it then let it sit in his mouth as he let the flavors wash over his taste buds. He could almost taste the region where the grapes had been picked.

"Mmm, delightful." He said with genuine pleasure, "Ah, the territory is very good. I haven't done as much with my home as I should have, though I did finish a sitting room for recieving guest. After my fight with the dragon turtle on the coast of my mountains, I slept longer than I would have liked, but that's to be expected at my age. You should come visit. I've acquired a few things from here and there you might enjoy. Art mostly, and books of course. The young race's ability to create and imagine still amazes me."

He leaned forward eyes filled with mischief and wonder as he smiled widely.

"But tell me what I've heard about the progress of your keepers, and the broods? How are they?" He asked not wanting to presume anything about whether his hatchlings were there.

Ashieron

• Wonder
Ash chuckles, he didn’t change a bit physically in his millenia on this earth, or atleast he thought he didn’t other then a good many more scars. Though he did have a good taste in food, it was something one acquires after all these years.

“Its good to hear your territory is sound I should definitely visit it one day if my duties here allow me to do so.” The elf nods his head, “The younger races seem to never cease in their creativity. They always seem to be wondering and grasping at what makes this world what it is.” Ash remembers Alistair and his teachings in the old Keep. Those were interesting and fun days.

Ash blinks a few times, “Well where to start... we started b rescuing a dead brood mother’s eggs from a cave of her own blood in the tundra north of here. Originally we were settled in the Spine still doing our goals and all that. Then we were attacked by two ancient dragons.” The elf pasuses as he remembered the fire and the fear of his people. Yet he often blamed himself for such a thing occuring in sticking true to the ways of his organization.

“They attacked after demanding I myself hand them over, mainly the brood and hatchlings. But a good many were yours and Alccarion’s broods offsprings and you are all creatures of your own will. So I told them to go ask them themselves as I will not force them into such a thing.”

Ash sighs, “Needless to say many people and dragons were killed and the Spine base was ruined so we had to migrate here with what was had left. We have recovered quickly and are now prospering with many dragons settling here and keepers living side by side. Of course we respect each other greatly and everyone is doing well. I even lost track of your bloodline here there are so many, its hard enough to keep track of my own!” The keeper laughs happily seeing how far they came in the face of such a tragedy. His people were indeed strong and steadfast and he was proud of them.

“Oh! Masaru! I’ve been thinking, why don’t we make our own offical stakes on this place? An official kingdom, or empire whatever you call them, that is recognized by others yet protected by our own! Just like we planned in the old days when the hunts were a common occurrence!” He asks his old friend with bright magic filled eyes full of wonder and intrigue.

• Wonder
Reactions: Masaru
The myriad emotions that rose within Masaru in that moment were complex to say the least. When he was a hatchling it was a savage era, survival of the fittest was still as much a tradition as a necessity, and even the closest communities allowed hatchlings to go through many hardships on their own. But the numbers of his kind were not what they had been. The humanoids were not as plentiful. His race required care now. Cultivation not just harsh realities. And the hatchlings lost were his. There was a deep and undeniable instinct that made him a very possessive being. A protectiveness of what he considered 'his' that could not be ignored.

"Yes," Masaru almost growled before he forced himself to calm, "I think it's well passed time we did just that."

He leaned back with his goblet and mentally measured the islands he had flown over to visit his friend. Not enough, but it was a good start, and food would be abundant for a time. In a few centuries it would be difficult but until then it would be enough.

"I think we should begin immediately." The Silver said as he calculated, "Yes, I think I saw a nice place to relocate, I'll need to be close from now on."

Ashieron

Ash chuckles and lifts his eye brow, “Right now? My friend there it not much here in the ways of competition, save for maybe one or two settlements that aren’t hostile.” He puts his fingers under his chin thinking kicking his feet up and down then lifts his hand and a start filled map of the Sheleth Isles illuminate the room.

(Im not going over all of it the map is on Discord xD Im too lazy to repeat myself)

When he was dont the briefing the elf’s illusion fades and he looks at Masaru, “Do you plan in moving your lair here? If so thats a pretty big move friend. If you do need help all you have to do is ask and rest assured I am sure I can arrange some help, regardless of what you need.” He informs Masaru with a few nods as he thinks.

• Haha
Reactions: Masaru
Masaru nodded to his friend's word as he considered the centuries of items he had in his vault. There were ways. He could fill a ship and make trips. Perhaps he could be a benevolent dragon and hire a fleet and give them gainful employment. Gold was easy to acquire after all. But he truly needed to survey the Isles for an appropriate place to build a new home first perhaps he would keep the mountain as a secondary retreat, just in case.

"Perhaps I'll only move a portion of my belongings here for now." He said out loud as if thinking it over, "but I'll need to search for an appropriate spot first, I do like a degree of altitude for my sleeping arrangements. There is a mountain on the large island if memory serves... I'll investigate that."

He began eating and drinking again, a morsel at a time, enjoying all the various flavours.

"Do we have builders that could help to construct adequate housing for all the remaining keepers and hatchlings?"

Ashieron