Completed A terrible misunderstanding

He watched as the two women wen't back and fourth, sighing internally, no, this wouldn't be solved easily, of course, nothing ever is. He raised an eyebrow as the woman spoke and Melody's reactions proved his previous suspicions. Still, it didn't matter much now.

He thought for a moment trying to think up some sort of solution or compromise. There was only one real solution. The awkward silence hanging in the air was broken as Jackub's brother game back up with a few cups of tea on a platter, along with the crossbow loaded with another heavy blunt shot loaded.

"I guess there's only one real option then." He said, sighing. "We're gonna have to go to your boss." He pointed at the woman in leather, "And try and figure out a honest." He looked pointedly at Melody, "Way to make it up, from what I know of these kinds of situations there really isn't running away from these kinds of guys." He groaned, before continuing, speaking to their captive, "So, I'm going to ask you a favor, we will let you out of you binds and let you lead us to your boss, in exchange, you do your damnedest to make sure no one needs to die today, consider it payback for not leaving you to bleed-out in the street." He gestured at the cup of tea, also turning towards Melody to see how she would react, saying, "Hell, we'll throw in some tea as well, so I ask you decide before it gets cold."

This was not what Melody had been hoping for. Being brought to a powerful and vengeful family to answer for her crimes did not seem like a situation that she would get out of alive. She wanted nothing more than to just leave the whole ordeal behind her. They didn’t need Alliria, right? They would be completely fine just leaving and never ever coming back.

...But Jakub had a point. If these people were as powerful as this woman made it sound, then fleeing may be more difficult than she thought.

The throbbing in her head again. The daylight was rapidly sapping her ability to stay in control. ”There’s no way… agh… no way I’m going to follow… whoever you are,” she pointed at the tied woman, ”to people who want me dead.”

”It’s Holton,” the woman said irritably. ”And it doesn’t seem like I have a choice. I will take you to my lady, and I will speak your case, but I cannot guarantee that she will be merciful.” She looked pointedly at Melody at these last words.

Melody extended her arm towards Holton, looking at Jakub. ”See? They’re gonna kill me, and probably you, if we follow her.”

”Oh they won’t kill these nice young men, not if they bring you in.” Holton replied bitterly, but Melody had leaned back against the wall again, clutching her head.

She spoke, but her voice was softer, and wavered. ”I… I heard a little bit,” Faith said, straightening up. ”While I admire the honesty of your approach, sir… oh my, I’m sorry I never asked your name.” She continued.

”While I admire your honesty, I do not like the idea of putting myself at these people’s mercy.”

She paced the room, her hand on her chin, thinking. Finally, she stopped in front of Holton. ”I am very sorry for what my sis-... what I have done.” She said calmly. ”But I have returned your item, and I am an excellent healer. If I promise to heal you entirely, you will tell your lady that I escaped. You found the necklace on the ground, it fell as I ran.” She did not relish the idea of lying, but it seemed the only course of action that would spare her life.

Holton, despite being visibly confused by the cleric's sudden change in demeanor, seemed to consider the proposal. The idea of saying she had lost her quarry wasn’t her favorite, that was certain by looking at her face. But, she was very much at the mercy of Faith, Jakub, and Jakub’s brother. ”Fine. But I warn you, it would be better to follow his plan.” And she jerked her head to Jakub.

“Well, I guess that’s that.” He said, standing, he gestured to what he assumed was Faith now, saying, “Suppose you should get going, I’ll keep our guest here for a bit.” He gestured to Holton apologetically as he went to untie her, “Just in case, we shall give a what, three hour start before I return your equipment and let you on you way, just in case.” He finished undoing the knots, standing, and continuing, “It should be a relatively simple way out the city from here, and if the gate guards give you any trouble, just say that I sent you, name’s Jackub, I can explain to them later. And one last bit, maybe work out with your sister guess, some of that stuff, or you’ll probably end up in trouble again.“ He was still drinking buddies with many guards, they’d raise an eyebrow but it should go over smoothly. “As for you.” He addressed Holton, “Terribly sorry about the inconvenience, but we’ll keep you here for now. In the meantime, the tea should still be warm.”

• Yay
Reactions: Rämna Sisters
Faith looked at Jakub and his brother. "Jakub, I cannot thank you and your brother enough for what you have done for me, and I am so sorry to have brought violence into your home." She unpinned a small talisman from her cloak. It was a simple cross of equal length, with a circle around the middle and some etching.
proxy.php
She clasped it in both hands and bowed her head, bringing the charm to her forehead. She whispered a quick incantation as her hands glowed briefly. Lifting her head, she handed the charm to Jakub, the glow now gone. "Please accept this small token of my gratitude. It isn't much, but there is enough magic within to heal you from a single wound. Just give it a squeeze. After that I am afraid it is just a trinket." So long as Jakub didn't go jumping off any cliffs, the talisman would be able to mend most injuries in a single use.

She swept quickly across the room. "I will take my leave. Best if I do not return to Alliria for some time." With a last look at the brothers she bid them farewell. His words echoed in her head. Work things out with Melody... he did not understand. This was all her fault, after all. But perhaps Melody would not act out so much if she were granted more freedom? No... no, she could not be trusted. She pushed the thoughts away, and within a few hours she would be free of the city gates.

Holton remained silent until Faith had left. "Can't much enjoy the tea with my hands tied," she said dryly. "And if by any chance you value gold over honor, I'll say once more that the Maralaise family would reward you greatly for your assistance." They could probably still catch up to the girl... but these two seemed to be inconveniently chivalrous.