Completed A Strong Drink

"Always a good thing to know."
Thraah always thought self defence was the best thing taught in the Academy. She was going to take another drink but stopped.
"Wait, Perrine Urahil? That uppity blonde twat? I thought she only cared about which wine went with what fork and lame shit like that."
Thraah let out a short laugh.
"Mind you, if I was an Urahil I'd learn to get handy with a knife. The lot of em are worse than snakes."

Zephyrine

• Blank
Reactions: Zephyrine
She bit her cheeks to keep from admitting that she enjoys the etiquette classes. They made sense, and it felt... nice to pretend manners could be so achievable. As a younger Initiate, the goal had been for her to be wanted by a Greater House, but since the revolution... the classes were a nice 'what could have been.'

"Oh... well, she is a Dreadlord and healing magic is quite rare. She fixed my thumb pretty well after I sliced it with some scrap." Zephyrine opened her palm again and held up her thumb for Thraah to inspect for herself. "Looks normal doesn't it? It healed within two days, good as new." She tried to keep the jealousy out from her voice, but it was there in her stare.

"Without the blonde hair... she doesn't seem like the other Urahils..." She took a contemplative sip of mead. "Do you think that is a good tactic? Appearing harmless?"

Thraah

"That's a good heal. She's got that going for her."
Thraah spoke idly about the Proctor she openly did not like.
"No. I mean..."
Appearing harmless, it was a good trick when it worked and certainly useful as a tactic but she didn't think it applied to Proctors.
She screwed up her face in thought.
"...not when a fucking Urahil does it. Even if Proctor Perrine is..."
She couldn't bring herself to say "nice" or "decent" or anything of that nature because she didn't believe it. Still, no reason to take her anger at the sins of an entire Class of people out on Zeph. She didn't deserve it.
"But hey, if you get on well with her, that's good for you. Maybe she can help you progress to fixing folk."
This time she feels missed her drink.

Zephyrine

Zephyrine admired the perfected art of the healed cut one last time before matching Thraah's empty tankard. She finished it off with another grimace and cleared her throat.

"Just think... if I achieve fixing wounds, I would make a great medic to help with the Anir Ball players." She mused, trying to contain a grin so the idea didn't seem so silly. She could help more than just that.

Zephyrine could heal and not watch another suffer before her eyes.

"Well, I hope you weren't thinking of another round of mead to convince me to fix your dress. However, I will accept apple juice if they have it."
Thraah

Zeph had said the magic words.
Nothing stirred Thraah's heart like Anir Ball... Except one other thing, a person really but he wasn't here.
"Yeah if they had a decent healer on standby half the lower end teams would be back to top form in a snap!"
She snapped her fingers, feeling the excitement spread through her.
"Apple juice? Nah. They might do some warm milk though."
Thraah swiveled in her chair to call out for over the din.
"Bwoxxa, shwoop vru cathee?"
The barman called a reply in Imperial Common.
"Dai-ma!"
"Suuk, suuk!"
Thraah sat back and faced Zeph.
"Bwoxxa is gonna get you some milk. So, have you have any luck so far with healing? I remember Stiffy asking you to like, regrow that child eater a while ago."

Zephyrine

Warm milk sounded like she was a child again, and that kind of time was one she would never get back. She smiled in thanks to her friend, before turning sheepish at the question.

"Well... I have to navigate a lot more. Think of it as needing to memorise a map. Our bodies are just littered with streets and long roads... without proper study and understanding, I can do nothing." Hence why she could learn from the Proctor. Another Initiate from her year had asked the Urahil Proctor what her healing can do. Hearing the account of it made Zeph see similarities between their magic. Whereas she only needed to feel the shape and make to reconstruct...

"That mission... still haunts me, you know?"

Thraah

• Blank
Reactions: Thraah
Thraah was silent until the milk came. She thanked the server and stared out into nothing.
"Yeah, me too. Nobody should die like those kids died."
She tried not to think about the inhuman efficiency of the chest wounds.
"And that, thing."
She let out a shudder remembering the monster responsible.
"Ugh I never want to see anything like that again."

Zephyrine

• Spoon Cry
Zephyrine exhaled a weary breath, the memory of that mission not one to forget easily. She took a tentative sip of her warm milk and hummed with delight at how soothing it was.

"Well, they do not need to fear that creature anymore. We dealt with it." She reminded Thraah, but the aftermath it had left in it's wake... The families that were affected had called out against the Dreadlords for their lack of response earlier, had gotten into the faces of the few Anirian Guards that assisted.

"If their homes had been damaged, I could of helped fix the problem..." There was nothing she could do about children with stolen hearts.

Clearing her throat, and in a bid to change from the dreary subject, Zephyrine smiled.
"What was that you said to... uh, Bwoxxa?"

Thraah

Thraah's throat went dry.
What was she thinking speaking Impish here?
Fuck, shit.
Her mouth opened and words blundered out.
"Well-ya-see-I-that-is-me-and-my-fam-moved-around-a-lot-and-well-we-aint-exactly-local-as-you-might-have-guessed-so-yeah-we-come-from-the-Empire-but-we're-not-Imps-any-more-so-it's-fine-IT'S-FINE-really-lots-of-us-came-over-once-the-republic-started-BUT-IT'S-NOT-LIKE-WE'RE-INVADING-OR-ANYTHING!"
She tried to catch her breath.
Nobody knew, Vee didn't know, Stash didn't know and sure as shit the Luana's didn't know. Nobody knew her family were former Imperials and she had brought Zeph to an immigrant bar.
The full weight of her mistake hit her like a solid gold turd. Tensions were always bad between the Empire and Vel Anir but lately, border towns wiped out, nobles hung from the Elf quarter... It was getting bad.
"Aw shit!"

Zephyrine

• Derp
The surprise was there on her face when Thraah blurted her explanation with such speed, causing a nervous smile to fill her expression. She did not know what about Thraah, but to be honest, when had Zephyrine even think of anywhere but Vel Anir?

"Hey," She leaned forward slightly, giving Thraah a look of reassurance, "I don't think anything different of you Thraah. In fact, I think it is amazing you have seen beyond our fair Vel Anir." And to speak another language other than Anirian? It was a great feat. Zephyrine was less than stellar in the subject.

Thraah

• Nervous
Thraah smiled and tried to relax again but clearly found it difficult.
"I... I appreciate that Zeph I really do but, Ah shit. Bwoxxa, Nehap."
Bwoxxa brought another drink to her and again she thanked him which she downed immediately.
"Bah. See there's lip-smacking shit hawks in this country that call themselves PATRIOTS. As if their blood is redder than ours and they have certain fucking ideas about us, and elf's and dwarfs too and a shit smearing lot of them go to the Academy... And they're fucking blonde."
There it was.
More than any shitty thing she saw Leander or any Urahil do she knew they were one of the most anti-elf and anti-immigrant of all the noble houses.
Thraah didn't like getting mad about it, especially when Leander wasn't decent enough to remain in punching distance.
She didn't throw this at Zeph but she wasn't going to sugar coat it.

Zephyrine

• Cry
With how her words came from flaming emotions, Zephyrine did not need to inquire the identity of those she meant. She grew up hearing it, and did her best to stay out of their way at the Academy.

"What you are or not, where you came from... if anyone has a problem with it in this day and age of the Revolution, I am there. By your side." Thraah had been the first one to show her kindness and bring her into the fold. Without her, Zephyrine would still be a machine intent on training and learning alone. She would have nothing to fight for.

Zephyrine had a very short list of people she would fight for... and without Thraah and Vicky's friendship at the start, she wouldn't have cared enough to add her own name to that list.

She held out her hand for Thraah to shake on. "If a certain someone dares to say something against you, I will be sure not to recreate whatever it is you destroy that is precious to them." It was meant to be a mischievous coming from her, but with Kor putting ideas into her head lately, she knew there was some truth to what she promised.

Thraah

• Yay
"Thanks Zeph."
It really was nice to hear that from someone.
Thraah had endured noble bigotry for a long while and it was good to get it out of her system a bit.
"Let's eh ooooh."
That second mead was starting to kick in.
She was about to suggest they go back to the Academy but all of a sudden getting up felt, impossible.
"Oh, I think I should have paced myself."
Thraah's skin went off colour, her eyes went wide and she exploded out of her seat making for the door.
"MOVE!"
Was the only word she managed before breaching to the outside and instantly emptying her belly through her mouth onto the street.
Some laughed and some were repulsed at the sight of her bent over by the doorway.

Zephyrine

• Derp
Zephyrine had made movement to follow after Thraah, but as soon as she heard the sounds of one bringing up the contents of their stomach, she settled back in her chair and did her best to drown out the sound. She gagged, pushing away the warmed milk as her apetite to taste anything vanished as quickly as Thraah moved through the pub.

A few patrons went to help Thraah, taking her to the side and cleaned her up.

"Oi, Initiate! Maybe you should walk your friend back to the Academy."

Zephyrine nodded and did her best to ignore the smell and sight of the sickly contents at the doorstep, side stepping and waiting for Thraah to gather herself enough to walk.

"Sorry... I would of helped... but I have a strong aversion to..." She grimaced, looking almost sheepish.

Thraah

• Derp
Thraah didn't look up just stared down into her steaming sick.
"It's, okay *pthew* it happens."
She was leaning against the wall waving away passers by.
"I just, ugh, drank too fast. No biggie. I think I'm good now."
With the corner of her eye she saw the look on Zeph's face and laughed a short, tired snort of a sound.
"You better get used to worse than this if you wanna patch folk up."
The idea of Zeph having to heal blindfolded so she would not be able to see the gore flashed in her mind and gave her wide mouth a smile.

Zephyrine

• Derp
Zeph waved her concern with a light smile.

"Oh, I am right with blood and all that. I think I saw plenty of that to be... alright with it." Those that came for the Proctor that cared for Zephyrine growing up were unlucky, but it was not until his death that it created a stillness in her. The drive to fix wounds was stronger than any queasiness.

Except for being sick. That Zephyrine will hate to be used to.

"I heard bread was good to eat after... would you like some bread? Surely there is a bakery in this place." She glanced down at her jacket pocket, fishing for the coin purse she brought along.

Thraah

• Wonder
Standing with her back to the wall Thraah took a few deep breaths.
"There is." She pointed to a spot down the street.
"It's eh, well it's okay."
She stumbled to a stand and held her tummy. It felt like she was going to boke again but she had been in this situation before. It was unlikely as long as she didn't rush.
"I'll go with you."
A few shaky steps and she was off, walking with purpose helped.
"You got coin?"

Zephyrine

• Bless
She made sure her coin was accessible before following Thraah towards the bakery.

"I think it is a good thing not to go out all the time. That way I save the little allowance we get each month. Whatever you want from the bakery that will make your stomach settle, I am happy to get for you." Zephyrine shrugged, smiling sheepishly. She did not need much in her life, and any weapon or gear she wanted, she was always able to make herself. It felt nice to be able to share things with people. Even if they were not out on a mission right now, Zephyrine still looked to Thraah as if they were on the same team.

"Do you think they would have berry cakes there?"

Thraah

• Bless
Oh, walking. The old for wasn't letting Thraah off easy.
She plopped her feet down one after another and slowly dragged herself to the entrance of the bakery.
"You like fruit don't you? Apples, berries."
Don't look down.
"You know, that's a bit of a giveaway."
Keep talking, you can't Boe if you're still talking.
The bakery smelled sweet and warm. At the door a lad with a cart stood selling yesterday's loafs for a hae-penny a piece.

Zephyrine

• Popcorn
Zephyrine shrugged. Did she like fruit? She didn't ever refuse it when offered...

"I guess I do like fruit. Why would that be a giveaway?" She asked, throwing a look Thraah's way. Suspicion and apprehension could be seen in her light brown eyes, unsure what the other Initiate was getting at.

Maybe she was hungry? Making her a little... not with it?

Zephyrine went on ahead, eager to see what sort of spread the bakery offered. No berry cake, but an assortment of berry pastries were available. She purchased one flavour each, and then turned to see where Thraah ended up. "And whatever she would like, also." She certainly had enough coin after not needing to spend in the past.

Thraah

• Blank
Thraah tilted her head to Zeph and mouthed
*I KNOW YOUR SECRET!*
Ending with a wink.
She was teasing but it helped her forget her cramping stomach as it tried to spit up the rest of her days intake.
"Just some crusties, please."
A simple treat, lightly butter spiced dried crust ends. Filling and tasty. They came in a bag of four.
Thraah took the bag gratefully when they came and quickly popped one in her mouth, chewing slowly.
"Mmmmmm."

Zephyrine

• Sip
With their baked treats now purchased, Zephyrine lead the way back out to the street, unaware that Thraah was not feeling quite the best. If she had told Zephyrine, she would be mindful, but the Recreator peered into the box containing her pastries. "I do not know if I could finish all of this today. I might offer a few to Larkin if I see him." Another Initiate Zephyrine could tolerate.

She smiled, looking over at Thraah.
"So... your dress. What state is it in? How burnt did it get?"

Thraah

• Stressed
Three bits down Thraah almost choked when asked about the dress.
"It's... Mostly intact."
A half truth, Thraah's anger had burned the dress to black and left enough only to cover modesty.
What was left was however in one piece.
Her stomach settled a bit as she ate but the nerves roused in her again as she tried to not think of all the ways the reconstruction of her only dress might fail.
"Can you, can you do it?"
It was hard giving voice to the desire. Thraah was so used to disappointment it almost felt taboo to expect anything else.

Zephyrine

• Smug
Zephyrine almost rolled her eyes, a grin widening on her face as Thraah questioned her as if she had second thoughts.

"Oh, come off it, Thraah!" She laughed. "Let me see it now and I can assess the damage. It will be good as new today, if not, tomorrow."

She gave Thraah an encouraging nudge her her elbow, keeping the essence of a smile as they made their way back to the Academy.

"If I can restore a whole town that burned, then I think a dress is not a higher price to fix. It means that much to you, I am happy to do this. So... um... no more buying me a round of drinks to ask this of me, alright? I think mead is not my taste..." She chuckled, peering down at her pastries.

Thraah

• Yay
"Forget I let it slip my family are Imp's and we got a deal Zeph."
Thraah smiled despite the lingering acidic taste in the back of her throat. Zeph was fast becoming a reassuring presence.
Once back at the Academy Thraah led them to her room and paused at the door.
Nobody had been invited to her room before. It was cramped and dark, no windows.
"Uh... About my... Eh... My room is kinda. Well, small."
Without further explanation Thraah opened the door and with a casual habit waved alight the many candles wedged in between the gaps in the stonework with her hand in one smooth motion. Soft yellow light filled one half of the room then the other.
Stepping in she turned around a bit sheepishly to display the cramped quarters which was little more than a cell. No window. Enough room for a cot and bedside drawer. Anirball posters decorated the bedside wall. Simple shelves held a change of clothes kept under blankets. For all the dark and crammed nature. There was a certain comfortable air to the room.
"Tada!"

Zephyrine

• Aww