Completed A Strong Drink

*Thank the winds.*
Thraah was all too eager to take the hint and jumped on it.
"YEAH, love it. That's Slick Beesley. Greatest player alive."
Her hand slapped the painted poster of the player who was smiling back from it in his red and black jersey.
"He's won three final openings in the last four years AND made the winning throw against Vel Aran last season."
She allowed herself to get a bit lost in the past.
"Gotta get you to a game Zeph. You'll love it. The crowds, the food, the singing. It's like a big party."
Her eyes fell on Zeph, quiet Zeph who didn't speak up, about anything.
"Or..."
The wind went from Thraah's sails a bit.
"... you'll hate every minute."
Her smile felt empty at that moment, like she was unable to stop it despite herself.

@Zeph

• Stressed
Reactions: Zephyrine
Oh no.

She ruined things.

Zephyrine tried to smile, only for it to come out flat and pained.
"Thraah... I would one day hope I can tell you... but..." She sighed, giving her friend a pleading look. "I am not looking for pity or understanding."

She never would ask of that.

Thraah

Last edited:
"What? No it's. You don't have to it's, I shouldn't have asked you anyway. It's not my beeswax!"
Thraah threw her hands up between them and waved as if to hold back the bad feelings but it never worked
"Look..." Thraah slumped a bit and let herself hang off her bones.
"I had a great time today and, I'd like to do it again, with you maybe others too but..."
Maybe not?
"I just want to give you something you'll enjoy as much all of this."
Thraah gestured to her newly refurbished living space which looked significantly less like a cupboard now.

Zephyrine

Last edited:
  • Blank
Reactions: Zephyrine
Zephyrine merely lifted a brow, staring at Thraah warily for a moment. She did not like receiving gifts, of any kind. It was awkward. To say thank you, and then feel that nagging thought and guilt that you know owed them back. It would then fall into an obscure back and forth, and...

"Honestly, the company and seeing the city I barely visit despite living near... thank you. I truly appreciate that I have friends... friends I can count on being such." Her, Larkin, Vicky... and maybe even Kor if the weird tentative words around each other lessened. They were now people she can lean on, if that ever became a thing for the Recreator.

Thraah

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Thraah
Thraah was somewhat unsure.
She was used to being poor, so gift giving was usually more, symbolic in nature but this was so much more so. Still, she had to trust Zeph that she knew what she wanted.
"Well, if that's how you prefer then."
She stood up and clapped her hands together in front of herself pointing her index fingers at Zeph.
"Then you gotta ACTUALLY come to me if you need something okay? I know your type, you'll suffer till the last in perfectly polite sadness so you gotta PROMISE you'll get me if you need help 'kay?"
It was a gesture but it was what Zeph asked for, with a bit of gentle insistence on top.

Zephyrine

Zephyrine let a hint of a smile filter through.

"Right. I promise to go to you should I ever feel compelled to ask for help." She chuckled. It was not her intention to consider it as she had been trained to work in solitary. Only at the behest of Quinnick and the promise Kor gave her did Zephyrine think of expanding her horizons.

Thraah

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Thraah