Private Tales A Rocky Start

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Caddell

Character Biography
Link
Mystmarch was great. It was where Caddell was born. But his people were not the most, understanding, about his circumstances. The idea of spirit magic was a threat to them. Something about it being used in the past to raise angry spirits, enslave spirits of nature and the elements, and placing the nastiest of curses on folk. Things he would certainly never do, maybe, but they were overly cautious of it happening again. Executing people with the talent cautious. So Caddell needed to spend some time not at home for awhile.

Caddell found his way to Elbion by pretending to be a part of the exchange program. Once in the port he sneaked his way off the ship and no one was the wiser. Well no one would care enough to look for him over it. So now he was free to find adventure and freedom and no judgement.... But he needed gold. He had forgotten it was important to living. So he decided to go on an adventure in the mountains. From what he had heard there should be ruins and hidden treasure just everywhere you look on the main land.

But after days of searching Caddell had found nothing. Only things he found were rocks, dirt, and the occasional time worn bone. He was starving and thirsty and tired as he trekked on. He barely had any coin left to his name. He couldn't return till he found something worth selling back in Elbion. But could he? Hopefully. He continued on searching through the rocks for something of interest.

Delphine Noctua

• Yay
Reactions: Delphine Noctua
Caddell

Prelude

A bright light grows upwards in a cone of spiritual glows. Orbs of light dancing around the glow raising up from a circle with a girl in side. She laid in the pentagram shape her eyes focused on the new moon. The five black candles kept burning despite the small gusts of wind. This was the girls first time at summoning magic and she was sure that everything was right. People said it was easy but not something to play with, but people said a lot of things. The glow became brighter and finally becoming a cylinder in shape till finally it collapsed, The small orbs of light began to gather to create a humanoid shape. Emerged from them was a woman with red hair, large wings, fair skin and a long silky pointed tail. "Who summons me?" It spoke as the woman stood up and eyes opened slowly gazing down at the girl laying on the ground. "I-I-I'm R-Rava." She said looking back and stood up herself.

"Well child..." She said stepping forward as Rava stood backwards. "No need to fear me, I do not wish to harm you." She said feeling the hunger swell around her body. She took one more step forward as now the eyes glazed over. "O-okay." The succubus's hand reached out pulling the girl into her chest. "Ohhhh my pet can you feel my infernal heat, does one like that." Her words came softly and caring in tone although Rava found herself lingering on each one. "Yes, I was rather cold and you are so nice and warm."

The girl was pushed back a little as the succubus locked lips with the girl now feeling the emotion run from out her charmed body. She was incapable of any other magic right now, the succubus was far to hungry and weakened from being ripped from the depths of the infernal world. A pinkish red aura left the lips of the girl into the lips of the winged woman feeding off the emotions. It was not something that harmed people. Rather she heard humanoids found it pleasurable when her kind fed from the emotions. "Delicious." She said taking enough to sustain the hunger for now. "So my pet are you to banish me or release me?" She asked making the girl think or rather not able to remember how to do either. "I-I don't know how."

There was a look of defeat on the red headed woman hearing those words. "What do you mean you don't know how? You summoned me you should be able to release me." Her tone of voice became a little enraged as her stance became threatening. It made the girl once more step away. The back of her heel knocked over a candle setting the white powder a light. It sizzled as the protection circle broke. The reaction frightened the girl as she fell backwards.

With the hold incomplete and not being banished she felt her soul being ripped from reality.

"Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or return from following after thee—
For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people shall be my people, and thy soul be my soul.
Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Infernal do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and me."

Once more the orbs of light would appear a bright red as the succubus's body dissolved into them, as they travelled towards the girl however she kept backing up as they got closer till finally reaching the ledge. Her hand with nothing under it plunged straight down and her body followed just as the lights absorbed into Rava's skin. The chant bound their bodys and souls as one. As the girl fell she'd hit her head before her body rolled to a stop. unconscious.

Present -

Rava's eyes opened slightly blinded by light rays shining though the trees and closed again. "Help." She murmured as loud as she could sound. Although it was soft and this was the middle of now where. For the moment she had forgotten. Although she could not remember much other than her own name.

• Yay
Reactions: Caddell
Aimlessly wandering. Aimlessly wandering. Aimlessly wandering.... And Caddell was lost. Actually he had been lost. A great idea it was for him to just leave Elbion in search of treasure. A great idea like none he had ever had before!

Suddenly a flash of lights on the edge of Caddell's vision. He froze up. It wasn't so much the flash itself that stopped him as it was the sensation of magic it signaled. It was thick with spiritual magic. What should he do? Spirit magic generally wasn't something you wanted to mess with. He was all too aware of the dangers it posed. From the look of things and from the relatively isolated location he had to guess it was someone who didn't want found performing some ritual. It would probably be best he just turned around and put some distance between him and whatever the source was....

But Caddell barely heard the whisper on the wind that followed. Help. Someone was in trouble. It could be a trap to lure out any possible witnesses.... No. He just needed to brave ahead. Whatever may come would come. The chance of someone needing help outweighed his own survival instincts right now. Besides it wasn't like he hadn't died once already.

After some time walking and searching, Caddell found the light's origin. A burnt up circle and symbols. He knelt down and examined it further. Based on the general design, although he was unfamiliar with the exact symbols and runes, and the materials involved he had to guess some kind of summoning circle. It looked sloppy as well as if someone only half familiar with the concept had performed it. Explained how things went wrong.

Caddell noticed the prints near a ledge on the backside of the circle. He got up and walked over to it to check it out. As he got close he quickly realized what had happened. Someone fell off the edge. Going to it he looked down and saw Delphine Noctua . What was a young woman doing here? She wasn't moving. Not good. Something was also off about her spirit. Even worse. He began to carefully climb down the cliff.

At the bottom Caddell went over to the young woman and began to check her over. Was there any wounds? Had to be a few. What was it that healers called that really bad kind of bleeding? Oh yes. Internal bleeding. He wasn't sure how to check for that. He really needed to figure out a way to get her back to Elbion. He really needed to figure out how to get back to Elbion.

• Yay
Reactions: Delphine Noctua
Caddell

Upon inspection the stranger would see blood trickling down her forehead. Rava had no idea the man was actually there. Upon his approach she slipped into unconsciousness once more. It could have been anyone that could have found her, bandits looking for an easy score, although they'd not find much outside of five copper pieces. "Wake child." The voice echoed out in her head. "Who's there?" Rava said not only in her own mind but murdered it ever so weakly and not easy to exactly understand what she precisely said. "I am a part of you my dear pet. Bound together by this physical vessel you call a body."

"N-noo. You did not answer my question." She said this time solely in her mind. "You may call me Delphine Noctua child. Now wake up." Rava's eyes opened slowly to see a blurred figure over her.

• Yay
Reactions: Caddell
Blood trailing down the forehead. Caddell knew that was a dangerous wound. He had seen the effects of it before. Be it from a duel or from battle it never ended well for those with them. Even if the blood was stopped there was a chance it could make her strange for a time. Or even the rest of her life. Getting her to Elbion for healing was no longer an option. It would require too much time that was no longer there.

Caddell was thinking over exactly how he could try to heal the young woman as he heard mumbling comes from her lips. That was not a good sign. So many bad ones. She was out of it and unaware of things. Good. It made him for sure how to handle this situation. He was going to use his spirit magic.

Placing his hand over her heart, Caddell began to focus on the energies around them. He needed to gather up all of the spirit energy there. Life and death were intimately tied together. One did not exist without the other. That meant their energy was the same if in a different form from the other. And it was this quality he was after. By pulling the stray spirit energy freely flowing around them he converted it inside of himself into a form that her body could use.

Caddell's eyes and markings began to faintly glow as he pulled more and more spirit energy into himself. His body was a battery. His body was a funnel. Slowly he channeled the transformed energy into the young woman so that her body might regain new life. New life it could use to regenerate and revive. His focus was on her face as he did this. The gaze and the placement of his hand helped him focus where the energy was going. His free hand held out to act like a skimmer so the free flowing energy had more surface to flood into.

The whispers began. Murmurs speaking strange words in an odd tongue. Caddell couldn't make out what it was. He didn't need to. His focus needed to be on the young woman before him. A slip up could cause too much energy to pour inside of her and damage when meant to heal. Too much of the energy could poison her as it had poisoned him. He doubted her body was even remotely as sturdy and resistant to it as his was. Yes, it was best he ignore the ever more audible whispers.

Delphine Noctua